Brilliant work as always Brendn! Desperately want to break into that lineup! Although if i do, i'll be against Nomadic, and i'm very aware he's an excellent player.

Guys; we are in the presence of a legend. Now the struggle is changing this after Craig and Matt's game AND Disclaimer and AW's game LOL. Seriously though you are a beast I'll update the OP when I get home tonight :)

EDIT: also, it's Znik not zink ;)

Brilliant work as always Brendn! Desperately want to break into that lineup! Although if i do, i'll be against Nomadic, and i'm very aware he's an excellent player.

Looking forward to your game!

If I'm right, that will mean me and Brendn will play in the quarters, a huge game considering we have almost 1 million views on our stories between the both of us!

Carragher v Mendez

This time for a massive place in the last 4.

(I hope me being drunk has not got this wrong and will make a fool of myself :p

BTW, you were close, could be in the Semis. ;)

Just had an amazing game against Craig. The second half was crazy :D

Very soon it will be revealed who narrowly missed out on the quarter finals...

CARLISLE CITY ADVANCE TO THE QUARTER FINALS AFTER DRAMATIC WIN OVER MATT'S MAESTROS

View attachment 227136

Carlisle City have booked their place in the next round of the FM Base World Cup with a narrow 2-1 win over Matt's Maestros in the final game of group A.

The game started off promisingly, and Carlisle City almost took the lead in the 2nd minute of the match, as Jordi Alba found Gonzalo Higuain on the edge of the area with a corner, but Higuain's first time effort was well held by a diving Hugo Lloris. Alessio Cerci was next to go close for Carlisle, as he fired a free kick from 25 yards out just over the crossbar. Eden Hazard followed suit for Matt's Maestros in the 29th minute, also narrowly missing the target with a free kick.

Dimitar Berbatov had the next chance to score in the 31st minute, as he received the ball with his back to goal 12 yards out before turning Marcos Rojo, but his powerful effort was superbly saved by Lloris. 10 minutes later, City would come close again, when Sami Khedira hit a first time left footed shot from the edge of the box just over the bar.

The Maestros started the second half well though, and took the lead when Radamel Falcao hit a shot into the top right corner past the dive of Vincent Enyeama after the ball had broken to him after Khedira had tackled Strootman.

View attachment 227134

Carlisle City had a chance to equalise in the 58th minute, when Berbatov was slid in by Higuain, but his effort was tame and went straight into the arms of Lloris. This prompted a tactical reshuffle and change of formation from Carlisle City manager Craig Lucock, who knew that he had to score at least two goals for his side to progress. The changes would appear to pay dividends, when Isco played a reverse pass through to Berbatov, who superbly found the top left corner with a first time effort.

View attachment 227133

Hearts were in mouths all around the ground in the 68th minute, when Filipe Luis made a superb sliding challenge to knock the ball away from Khedira, but the ball ran into the path of an on rushing Isco, who saw his shot incredibly denied by Lloris, who was scampering back to the centre of his goal after rushing out to meet Khedira.

Things took a dramatic turn in the 71st minute, when Berbatov played a through ball to Isco, who was felled from behind by Rafael as he ran into the area, the referee pointed to the spot, then incredibly gave the Maestros man a red card for his troubles.

View attachment 227131

Berbatov stepped up, and slammed his penalty into the roof of the net to give Carlisle City a 2-1 lead with just 20 minutes to go.

View attachment 227130

It didn't take Matt's Maestros too long to come forward again though, and they almost scored an immediate equaliser when Falcao hit the left hand post with a powerful effort from the edge of the area. Then, in an incredible turn of events with just 10 minutes to go, Eden Hazard whipped an early cross in towards the back post, the ball struck the crossbar over a helpless Enyeama and rebounded out to Depay, who headed into an effectively empty net, but shockingly, the linesman had his flag up for offside!

View attachment 227128

The minutes were ticking by, and Lucock was left unsure whether to try and kill the game off or protect the one goal lead, constantly switching mentality, the pressure was on. Matt's Maestros were desperate to salvage some pride, even going as far as to send Lloris up for set pieces in the dying moments. Then, in the 90th minute of the game, Hazard slipped a ball through a crowd of bodies and found an unmarked Falcao, who had a brilliant chance to find the net from little more than 12 yards out, but he somehow fired his shot just over the top left corner in what would ultimately be the last action of the game.

View attachment 227126

View attachment 227125

View attachment 227123

MOTM: Dimitar Berbatov
Matt's Maestros MOTM: Eden Hazard

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Matt for an incredible game, the second half was absolutely crazy and it genuinely could have gone either way, the red card was pretty harsh and the offside was dubious. He's definitely had some hard luck in this tournament. Bad luck to Lippo as well, things could so easily have gone differently and he'd be sitting pretty in the quarters right now.

Channelling the spirit of the legendary p.Klopp to inspire you to victory, i am kindly proud! :)

Congrats mate, well deserved. I expect nothing less then an all group A final now, no pressure :p

Channelling the spirit of the legendary p.Klopp to inspire you to victory, i am kindly proud! :)

Congrats mate, well deserved. I expect nothing less then an all group A final now, no pressure :p

I think you'll get one person from Group A in that final, but it probably won't be me, haha. :)

Appreciate it though mate, i hope you'll come back fighting next year!

Yea mate honestly unlucky for you to go out, congrats to Craig! Going to be home in a few hours so I'll update the op then :)

Now we are just waiting on Matt and AW to play their game. Brendn, once you update the groups, would love to edit the OP with your brilliant stuff!

Unlucky Lippo and well done Craig, our group always had a twist in it to come!

Definitely think Craig earned his spot, no doubt. Tbh, i would have felt like a fraud getting through with 4 points & a negative goal difference.

Will look forward to the next edition, have already bought my copy of FM16 :) hopefully I am free to play, now have a point to prove!

Definitely think Craig earned his spot, no doubt. Tbh, i would have felt like a fraud getting through with 4 points & a negative goal difference.

Will look forward to the next edition, have already bought my copy of FM16 :) hopefully I am free to play, now have a point to prove!

I feel quite lucky qualifying with just the 5 points as well to be honest haha.

Fair enough haha it was definitely a tough group. Just one match to wrap up the round and we are on to quarter finals :)

Fair enough haha it was definitely a tough group. Just one match to wrap up the round and we are on to quarter finals :)
It will happen at some point... I'm really busy atm and Matt has the transfer window to sort out for his chairman game

Just so everyone knows by the way... I'll be away on holiday for 11 nights starting from Friday, so won't be available to play again from then until the 30th. My apologies if this causes too much disruption, i was expecting my participation in this to be finished before then so it wouldn't be an issue.