Maybe if you're planning on more teams, lower the number of people per team down to 3 or 4?

Perhaps, it's a move we can assess as we get nearer to getting ready to set up. You'd want an odd number though, just to ensure a result.

Maybe 3 would be a more realistic number. Would also make the Ashes unique as the only 5 a side, competition?

Ok, so I thought it might be good to do a quick status update. Here are how the teams are looking so far.

Australia - Lippo, Yeti, Weiry, Maximus

England - Godfish, Matt

Scandinavia - Znik, AFN, c0y0te

U.S.A. - Ninjaskill, Meehar

Ireland - Disclaimer, The Otter, Brendn

Wales - Lewie

Scotland - Grianaig

So, If we assume we're going with 3 players per team (which having thought about it, seems like a good idea to me), we have Australia that can already field a team (although I know of at least one more guy who Is super keen to play, in which case I'm happy to hand over the armband & give someone else a chance to play & just focus on updating the scores etc.), England & Scandinavia are just 1 player short & I think every other nation has a good chance of fielding a team eventually.

That would give us 7 teams. I prefer 8 though so any other nations interested?

I know a couple of guys from the U.S. who I might contact, also I think Brendn may be keen for Ireland, Deathball for Spain & maybe Jamie for Wales? So I might contact them as well & make sure they are aware of the concept.

Anyone else know of any countrymen who might be interested feel free to link them to the thread & try to recruit a few more players. :)

Last edited:
Y'know that maddoxartie guy is a spam post, right Lippo?

Sounds fun i can represent either England or Scandinavia ( preferably Scandinavia as i live in Iceland)

Sounds fun i can represent either England or Scandinavia ( preferably Scandinavia as i live in Iceland)

Ok, awesome. So Scandinavia is a confirmed participant!

Also, Grianaig for Scotland?

Be on your game Lippo!

Man, I'm useless!

I thought there was a Scot down somewhere! :p

Will edit the post now. :S

Ok, so because Scandinavia has become the 3rd confirmed nation, its time to name a captain for them.

The Scandinavian captain will be the 2015 FM Base World Cup winner, Znik!

Congrats mate, I'm sure we can all agree, he will be a great captain & a fearsome opponent.

Also, just a reminder that, just because your nation of choice has got the required participants, doesn't mean you shouldn't sign up. The more nations that get involved, the more demanding the schedule will be so it will be nice to have options in case of people having to pull out or just for general squad rotation. :)

How many do we have repping Ireland right now? If you need more count me in on it

Another mistake Lippo.

That thread title is doing my heading, 'internatonals'?