Great advice mate I am going to do another AFC Wimbledon thread and I follow all these rules, pretty much. I am hoping to achieve the same in FM10 as I did in FM09

Last edited:
Man U would be too easy :p, why not your local team ;)

well i was thinking them because it will be my first game on fm2010

i might be my local team though ....shamrock rovers

Good idea with FM10 to make this. I guess a lot of people will be making stories as soon as the games out.. Which is fair enough, I just hope we aren't spammed with stories coming tomorrow night.

I think I won't do a story to be honest. Or at least, for a while.

I think I won't do a story to be honest. Or at least, for a while.

Yeah same, I'm gunna see how my network game goes.. And then consider doing a story, maybe about Liverpool.. Although it won't be for a while yet.

Alot of people do them, I'll just read others.

Alot of people do them, I'll just read others.

Hopefully there's some original ones, not like the ones we had a few months ago with everyone copying each other..

Great advice mate I am going to do another AFC Wimbledon thread and I follow all these rules, pretty much. I am hoping to achieve the same in FM10 as I did in FM09

Really hope you do make a new story, the AFC Wimbledon one really good mate

7. Do not use FMTRE or any other method of cheating. (Downloading tactics from forum does not count as cheating)

Don't know about this one. Sometimes cheating can be interesting for role-playing reasons. I'd say all you have to do is admit that you're cheating and don't go around showing off your achievements when you really have a transfer budget of £2 billion

If I could add one?
Done update your thread too often, try and do monthly updates etc. so that your thread doesn't get too many update posts. Try and include screenshots of League Table, Player Stats, Current Squad, Confidence and any outstanding players stats in your update posts.

Yes, exactly. This is the reason most stories end prematurely. People get all excited and start making detailed reports on every single match, regardless of whether they are important or not. They clutter the thread and usually the person posting them realises how much effort it is after just 4 or 5 matches and gives up on the whole thing

I love reading other people's stories but, to be honest, I'd be happy with just a end of season update

Last edited:
Don't know about this one. Sometimes cheating can be interesting for role-playing reasons. I'd say all you have to do is admit that you're cheating and don't go around showing off your achievements when you really have a transfer budget of £2 billion

Yes, exactly. This is the reason most stories end prematurely. People get all excited and start making detailed reports on every single match, regardless of whether they are important or not. They clutter the thread and usually the person posting them realises how much effort it is after just 4 or 5 matches and gives up on the whole thing

I love reading other people's stories but, to be honest, I'd be happy with just a end of season update

Hmm might change, that, for example adding a team i suppose

Redhawk PM a mod and try and get it moved into FM Stories, no one will read it if you keep it in LLM

My team has inspired me to start a story even though im at the end of my 4th season a quick recap will suffice i think Look out for it

Hi,

Thanks for the thread.I now know what to do when starting a thread.I completely understand what you say Jack and appreciate your help.I only have one question,and it may be off-topic,but:

How do you get the IDs for the leagues and players for your signature? I don't know how.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for the thread.I now know what to do when starting a thread.I completely understand what you say Jack and appreciate your help.I only have one question,and it may be off-topic,but:

How do you get the IDs for the leagues and players for your signature? I don't know how.

Thanks.

preferences>display and sound>then click "show unique ids"