Great advice!!

I've just started my very first story and I'm almost halfway through the season. I want to keep writing but I want to let people get into it first. So I'm left with editing what I have so far to make it better and pleasing to the eyes!

So my question is this - how do you put screenshots - like league table etc - into your thread?
I use the attachments button but I think FM screen would contain too much data - I've noticed you can add a thumbnail and you can click on it to zoom.

Any help on this matter would be appreiciated!!
Cheers

I'd like to suggest that people write a little something about the players they consider to be key players and/or hot prospects when they start a club, in my opinion it would make the read a bit more involving than just getting served a bunch of screenshots.

Type out what you think their strengths are, their weaknesses, mentalities and what plans you have for them.
It would make it more interesting to follow the players and how they do, don't you think?

I'm not saying that this should be done for the whole squad or something, but two or four of your very favorite players in the club, and they should preferably be relatively unknown (not Messi or Drogba).

Just a suggestion.

I'd like to suggest that people write a little something about the players they consider to be key players and/or hot prospects when they start a club, in my opinion it would make the read a bit more involving than just getting served a bunch of screenshots.

Type out what you think their strengths are, their weaknesses, mentalities and what plans you have for them.
It would make it more interesting to follow the players and how they do, don't you think?

I'm not saying that this should be done for the whole squad or something, but two or four of your very favorite players in the club, and they should preferably be relatively unknown (not Messi or Drogba).

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback, it's been a while since I've edited the advice, it's a nice idea.

Long time reader and poster but never done a story. I was thinking of doing international management with Republic of Ireland. I have used editor to remove all that horrible orange and also with regards to stadium. I put Lansdowne Road as Irish stadium from Summer 2010 onwards with Croke Park before that. I also edited it so that I staged all U21 fixtures in Thomond Park as my "manager's" plan was to try bring football to areas outside of Dublin. I also want to work the U21s and Senior squad in tandem.

Would this be something people would follow?

Long time reader and poster but never done a story. I was thinking of doing international management with Republic of Ireland. I have used editor to remove all that horrible orange and also with regards to stadium. I put Lansdowne Road as Irish stadium from Summer 2010 onwards with Croke Park before that. I also edited it so that I staged all U21 fixtures in Thomond Park as my "manager's" plan was to try bring football to areas outside of Dublin. I also want to work the U21s and Senior squad in tandem.

Would this be something people would follow?

i would follow :) currently doing a story myself so its good to see how people do their stories aswell

Ok cool, ive not done international management since FM08 but sure we will give it a go. Will start up game later and get posting.

Anyone got any advice in how to improve my Gharthouse story? Give it a read, uch advie welcome

Well, thanks for nothing with all that.

At least before, there were 2% of stories that were worth a second look, now there are so many well designed, well written and interesting stories around that I don't even get to play my own matches....

But seriously, this and the other recent "better story" threads have really done wonders to turn amateur (no offense meant) threads to semi-pro and beyond. Kudos to all involved.

Apologies that this may be in the wrong place but i didnt want to create a new thread just to ask a simple question, and couldnt find anywhere appropriate to ask. Does anyone know how to delete a story thread that you have made? I only ask because i tried to write a story when i was 4 or 5 seasons in and found it too hard to back track, so i wish to delete it and start a new game. apologies and thanks in advance

Apologies that this may be in the wrong place but i didnt want to create a new thread just to ask a simple question, and couldnt find anywhere appropriate to ask. Does anyone know how to delete a story thread that you have made? I only ask because i tried to write a story when i was 4 or 5 seasons in and found it too hard to back track, so i wish to delete it and start a new game. apologies and thanks in advance

You need to ask a moderator. PM Jake or Max

do u think i should start a story? i have just started my 5th season, but i really wanted to make one,but i think i left it too late.

Going to continue with my story (http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/mr-gharthouse-strausen-t29369.html), have a read and tell me anything i can improve.

Your layout is very good, I thhink you could add a few more in game screenshots though. The best way to do this instead of attaching images is to create an album on your profile, this is found on right hand side of your profile. Upload your screenshots and then copy the BB coding onto your post, it gives a much nicer look to your story than normal attactments.

What size do they appear in your thread Jack?

I admit I used the FMRTE once :p.

Because I created the player and made his favoured club Bristol City not Bristol Rovers (H), using the editor is cheating if you give yourself **** loads of money etc

What are you on about ? :p

What size do they appear in your thread Jack?

They appear normal size, going across a regular post.

Like this -

Except it will be bigger, this is from my album.

picture.php

Thanks, ignore my visitor message now. :)

Jack, good thread. I have tried to add some of this stuff into my Newcastle story. :)

If you are going to put loads of effort into layout, make sure you have enough time before you make the story. Mine take between 45 minutes and 1 hour 30 minutes. Sometimes I have to drag myself on to the laptop as it is hard to get motivated to write it all out. It is worth it in the end as it looks nice and you can be proud of your work. :)