FM10 Who do you think is the best bargain?

Cartlidge

Reaction score
(sorry if there is already a thread just a bit of fun)

I started with manchester united on the demo and i noticed that David Beckham (if youve heard of him) is almost at the end of his contract.

Anyways the demo lasts till 2nd of January so i just bought him for a very nice 300k if i remember correctly.

Beckham the 34 year old has some very nice stats, and with manchester united you get a decent free kick taker now ronaldo is gone.

I must say of the players i bought David Beckham was very good by January the 2nd he had:

13 Assists and 5 goals in 20 Apps

Thats not too bad!

The only problem is he does want quite a high wage but if you have a good team he is worth every penny ;) .

Nice contribution Frankie :p

i think mate that in the championship camara is take a look at these stats View attachment 14231
also i really like johann vogel, but benjani was for me, payed 1.8 m on my birmingham game, though i am rock bottom as frankie knows:mad: he has scored 10 goals in 13 league games so i am pleased

Christian Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan. He's phenomenal and cheap. Can play either right or left back. He's great as a starter for a smaller/mid level team or as a perfect rotation/backup for a big team.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a versatile offensive player who can be had cheap (great backup for big club, nice fit for small club), Fiorentina's Martin Jorgensen is a nice fit.

guys i respect this lol, but try being portsmouth, so far i have signed johann vogel on a free transfer, its a very hard challenge and though these players are class, i cant afford them, its sad i cant afford an initial fee of 50k to get nicky shorey on loan lol

I've signed Marlon Harewood for Leeds for £750k, and playing as a target man (to feet) alongside Beckford or Grella, he's got 22 goals in 26 appearances (Beckford is on 13 in 21, and Grella is on 9 in 9).

At least u's got the game....dont you hate the postal strikes?lol

Have to say Ronaldo(1,9m-2,5m) and Beckham(300-500k) .Becks is just becks as always but ronaldo made a great comeback to brazil squad : P.Bought him for 2 mil and put him on a special training and he loves to score (half way to Premier League an he has got 16 goals)He lacks pace acceleration but great composure+finishin and off the ball.

Deco on a free at the end of the 1st season when Chelsea release him ^^) Same for Saha and Luis Boa Morte

beckham definately for a mid prem team if you can afford the wages

Last edited:
I got Sol Campbell on free transfer and the fans/team loved it. I then made him captain and morale shot up. You have to offer a decent wage, as loads of club try and sign him

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

RE: Sol Campell

PS forgot to mention I am managing Ipswich, so a very good championship signing

Have to say Ronaldo(1,9m-2,5m) and Beckham(300-500k) .Becks is just becks as always but ronaldo made a great comeback to brazil squad : P.Bought him for 2 mil and put him on a special training and he loves to score (half way to Premier League an he has got 16 goals)He lacks pace acceleration but great composure+finishin and off the ball.
What kind of training did you put him on? I would like to know because I bought him for my squad as well

4 Words

David Beckham
Robbie Fowler​

Christian Ansaldi from Rubin Kazan. He's phenomenal and cheap. Can play either right or left back. He's great as a starter for a smaller/mid level team or as a perfect rotation/backup for a big team.

got to agree with this.
i bought him and he can play rb and mr and does a very good job.
fans are happy with him and he has made the first team place his own at barcelona.
works hard and passes the ball about very well,recommend.

good find as i only knew about him after reading this thread..

alejandro dominguez 1.5 million takes all my set pieces for celtic also toulouse offered me andre pierre gignac for 4 million and he is a tremendous player