I've tried several setup about run with ball. Arsenal generally play with one touch pass. They always produce 500+ pass per game. In FM that some of difficult things to do if you allowed (even for some player) to keep ball running with them. So, I choose to give walcott rare with ball. And when in game, I think Walcott looks have run with ball sometimes, of course if there is an opportunity.

Nah, if Walcott is Messi, then I make sometimes :)

More important is to have statistics similar to real life and keep it balance.

Yeah, and if I would be Wenger I would tell Walcott to never run with ball, running is all he can do, nothing more.

Sorry mate, I can't understand what you mean with invincibles tactic ?

Arsenal 2001-04
arsenal_henry_pires_bergkamp_ljungberg_vieira.jpg

Some videos for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyRy0C9dxe8
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVP-_o69OAI
[/URL]

Great job there! Haven't tested it yet, but I'm very impressed with the fact that you've managed to get so many passes and good possession stats. Very hard things to achieve with 11's match engine, and you've also succeeded in emulating a real life counterpart. Looking forward to your next projects!

Excellent Post.

Have you updated the base tactic with the new roles?

I've continued testing the tactic (unfortunately not as much I would have liked).

The results still point in the same direction:
1) Compared with tactics focused on ball control, yours show the best defence;
2) Till now is the more enjoyable gameplay to watch;
3) The passing stats and goals scored are amazing, it seems that most teams get tired of running after the ball in the second half, and the tactic scores way more goals in this period. The players run way less than the opponents and get a higher average rating.

Will keep testing it during the week.

Great work!

Great job there! Haven't tested it yet, but I'm very impressed with the fact that you've managed to get so many passes and good possession stats. Very hard things to achieve with 11's match engine, and you've also succeeded in emulating a real life counterpart. Looking forward to your next projects!
Thanks mate, Next project still in progress :)
Excellent Post.

Have you updated the base tactic with the new roles?

I've continued testing the tactic (unfortunately not as much I would have liked).

The results still point in the same direction:
1) Compared with tactics focused on ball control, yours show the best defence;
2) Till now is the more enjoyable gameplay to watch;
3) The passing stats and goals scored are amazing, it seems that most teams get tired of running after the ball in the second half, and the tactic scores way more goals in this period. The players run way less than the opponents and get a higher average rating.

Will keep testing it during the week.

Great work!
No, the tactic download on opening page still as base tactic without new Walcott role

Very nice feedback bro, football more than just winning the game. isn't it? :)

Tactic

great work. Been searching for something like this for ages. Do you think this tactic can still work with all the transfers in and out this[Ssummer? E.g fab, nasri, arteta?
Plus how do you download the tactic?

great work. Been searching for something like this for ages. Do you think this tactic can still work with all the transfers in and out this[Ssummer? E.g fab, nasri, arteta?
Plus how do you download the tactic?
I'm not sure, but I think this tactic will still work fine after all the transfer. I haven't tested yet with the newest transfer update, because there's not an official update (no offence).

You mean how you download this tactic? Or what?
Download tactic available on opening page :)

I was using my phone so could not see the tactic download
Im using wally summer transfer update so hopefully it works ill update you about the results. P.s do you use any specific training regimes?

I was using my phone so could not see the tactic download
Im using wally summer transfer update so hopefully it works ill update you about the results. P.s do you use any specific training regimes?
Oh right, another tactic link now available.

Great, can't wait for the report :)
I'm not using any specific training. As that is not much give an effects for the tactics. You should give more attention in team talk & press conference.

---------- Post added 09/09/2011 at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was 08/09/2011 at 12:39 AM ----------

Henry Role: is it possible for now ?

thierryhenryarsenal.jpg

Following my next project about old style Arsenal tactic (2003-04) : Teams of the Decade #9: Arsenal 2001-04 | Zonal Marking
There is very important things to do, The Henry's Role. What Henry did, what the contributions, and effects he gave to Arsenal.

Arsenal’s incredible unbeaten 2003/04 season. It is the best Arsenal season I have ever seen.
Fast, high press, and full of technique. Some people say that the left flank is the strongest Arsenal side. Because on this side there is Cole-Pires-Henry area. And I think Henry plays most influential on this side.

I trying to re-created Henry role that can be applied into FM 11.3.

Okay, I've got several ideas to be applied as the PI. Then I forgot something. Who the players who deserve to play as Henry ? Pacey & technique-blessed ? I give my choice to Walcott. Walcott looks more similiar with Henry than any other players in Arsenal squad this season. At least, Walcott had a fantastic pace also.

Player Instructions

arsenalarsenaltactics6.png

Henry play as striker, always running with ball and then cutting inside to get scoring. Just like the old Messi when his position was on the right, whilst Henry move from left and more up front (cuz sometimes he likes to break offside trap). So, I put the position as Striker Left with Adv. Striker role.

Every role must be have a partner. They will create a balance between the role of each position in the field. Like Henry-Bergkamp. So, I created Bergkamp role also.

arsenalarsenaltactics7.png

Plays as Trequartista with closing down often. Maybe some of you thinking, Bergkamp should play more like Deep-Lying Striker. But for me, they looks play as 4-2-3-1 than 4-4-2 (03/04 season). Bergkamp dropped into space whilst Thierry Henry drifted to the left.

Implementation

arsenalvevertontvview.png

As said before, Arsenal 03/04 have the great flank on the left. Attack started from Clichy. #12 play as Bergkamp role (I put Hazard on this role). #14 (Walcott) play as Henry role.

arsenalvevertontvview3hkp.png

Walcott move on the left side. When Hazard back deeper. And what makes it interesting is when Walcott run to left flank, Arshavin run forward and lokks like swapping with Walcott position.

arsenalvevertontvview5.png

Walcott get the ball. And now Arshavin put in Walcott position. Walcott have two option to make run inside.

arsenalvevertontvview6.png

The trully is Walcott are really fast. What running he make and scored a wonderfully Henry-esque goal.

Walcott stats from couple league game.
theowalcotthistorycaree.png

From 8 apps in the league, he scored 12 goals, make 5 asts, and be the best for 4 time.
Welcome back Henry ! :D

Last edited:
Of course I'll use the tactic, what i mean is it's awesome, 12 goals in 8 apps is awesome, Wenger should try to make Walcott as striker :D

Yeah, we know Walcott is blessed with speedy pace. He have good finishing also. But in real life, he missing one thing. He seems don't good in off the ball. He couldn't find a good position as the striker job. I think that's what Wenger considered.

Then train him xD, btw I can't wait for the tactic release :D