Yeah, we know Walcott is blessed with speedy pace. He have good finishing also. But in real life, he missing one thing. He seems don't good in off the ball. He couldn't find a good position as the striker job. I think that's what Wenger considered.

IRL Walcott lacks everything but pace. Not good enough at finishing, bad off the ball movement, and he really isn't very creative player. Highly overskilled in FM.

Then train him xD, btw I can't wait for the tactic release :D
Need more time to make sure the tactic working perfectly, then will be ready :D
IRL Walcott lacks everything but pace. Not good enough at finishing, bad off the ball movement, and he really isn't very creative player. Highly overskilled in FM.
Absolutely true, Walcott just like running athlete than footballers :(
He need to improve his skill if want to be the best in future. But in FM, he's fantastic :D

Looks promising, gonna try it out. Not with Arsenal though. :)

Emulate Arsenal Season 03/04 (The Invincibles)

Finally, after working hard to collect the articles & watching sum DVDs. Now the tactic ready to be released.

INTRODUCTION

Arsenal’s incredible unbeaten 2003/04 season. Arsenal Played 49, Won 36, Drawn 13, Lost None. The Arsenal squad which set a new unbeaten league record between May 2003 and October 2004 will live long in the memory and forever in the history books.
Arsène Wenger had built a team to compare with any side in Europe. With Sol Campbell and Kolo Toure at the back, Patrick Vieira and Pires in midfield and Henry partnering Dennis Bergkamp up front, Arsenal had too much steel and too much style for their Premiership rivals.

Arsenal 03/04 play in different style with the present.
They play with high pressing defensive line, not holding ball too much, more direct pass and 'shoot on sight' rather than 'work ball into box'. More than that, of course the squad 03/04 is the important part of the success.

I try to emulating Arsenal 03/04 play with the squad based on FM 11.3. Its really hard, not just emulate the team play, but also to compare players in 03/04 with the present per position.

PHILOSOPHY

arsenalarsenaltactics8.png

Arsenal 03/04 play more direct but sometimes they still have a possession. In mentality, Arsenal 03/04 play very attacking football. Sometimes they show couple counter attack display. But in FM when you tick the counter attack instructions, your team looks like more waiting to be attacked than to attack first.

FORMATION

arsenalvchelseapreviewl.png

Hey Arsenal 03/04 formation is 4-4-2 ? No, they should play like 4-4-1-1. But, I think Pires and Ljungberg always get forward scoring a lot. So I push they both more, Pires as Adv. Playmaker (Arshavin) and Ljungberg as Inside Forward (Nasri) when Dennis Bergkamp (RVP) dropped into space.
Arsenal’s defensive work started from the front. Henry prevented the right-back advancing and always pressed high up the pitch, Bergkamp dropped into a space so deep it took one central midfielder out of the equation going forward, and both Pires and Ljungberg were genuinely excellent at covering their full-back.

PLAYERS ROLE

GK. Sweeper Goalkeeper
Fabianski (Lehmann)

WBL/WBR
Clichy (A. Cole)/Sagna (Lauren)
In 03/04, A. Cole play as the best left back. His mobility always going forward join attack, less crossing but had a superb dribbling. That's a hard act to follow by Clichy, but they both have sum similiar physical attribute.
Lauren keep the back balance and distribute sum great crossing more often.

DC (Central Defender/Ball Playing Defender)
Koscielny (Toure)
/Vermaeleen (Campbell)
The defensive line is very high in 03/04. They seems act like defensive midfielder than centre back.

Adv. Playmaker/Ball Winning Mid
Fabregas (Vieira)/A. Song (Gilberto)
Patrick Vieira was a more dynamic player and Fabregas is the good choice to take Vieira role.
The defensive partner in Gilberto, he often looked to join the front players and possessed too many offensive qualities to be regarded as a purely defensive midfielder. Song have the quality for this.

Inside Forward/Adv. Playmaker
Nasri (Ljungberg)/Arshavin (Pires)

The wingers made outside-to-inside runs, with Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg almost reinventing the wide midfield role with their incredible goalscoring records.
Pires showing playmaker typical then Ljungberg with pure inside forward type. Nasri and Arshavin looks similiar.

Trequartista/'Henry Role'
RVP (Bergkamp)/Walcott (Henry)
The most important role of this tactic.
Full review, read : Henry Role: is it possible for now ?

STATISTICS*

arsenalarsenalplayers3.png

englishpremierdivisions.png

CONCLUSION*

englishpremierdivisionim.png

arsenalarsenalfixtures7.png

arsenalarsenalfixtures8.png

*half season.

We've got 1st in EPL, and undefeated in all competitions until half season.
What make this tactic perfect for me, is Henry role working superb with Walcott on that position.
Screenshot will be updated as the season has been completed.

Download The Invincibles Tactic.
View attachment 195444

Happy gaming and post your result.
Cheers.

ummm, looking good.. this might be in my next testing..
one question: if I got all money in the world, who should I replace Koscielny, Song, and Walcott with??
especially walcott..

Please release it ASAP :D
Tactic released bro :D
Looks promising, gonna try it out. Not with Arsenal though. :)
So what team you use? This tactic only based as Arsenal team. If you want try the tactic with other team, you need put the players with same characteristic like suggested on OP :)

Ask me if you need help ;)
ummm, looking good.. this might be in my next testing..
one question: if I got all money in the world, who should I replace Koscielny, Song, and Walcott with??
especially walcott..
Great, which tactics are you going to try?

Pepe, Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Rod Fanni, etc for Kosc. Speedy defender.
I think Song is good. But if you're 'Khaldoon Al Mubarak' then Mascherano, Obi Mikel, or M'Vila.
For Walcott, for Arsenal emulating tactic this season, give your choice with the similiar physical attribute, Hazard, Elia, Hulk etc.
But if you want with 03/04 tactic, you don't need to replace Walcott. He's superb with the Henry role.

Wow, finally, I'll test it after i go home from school

---------- Post added 14/09/2011 at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was 13/09/2011 at 10:30 PM ----------

Who should I use for Germany? (1st season)

So what team you use? This tactic only based as Arsenal team. If you want try the tactic with other team, you need put the players with same characteristic like suggested on OP :)

im using Swansea. :) Did some serious shopping in the transfer window (spent ~15 mln on 8 new players), now im waiting for my team to blend in. It looks pretty good so far, despite the horrendous loss to Bolton at home (1-7) im 12th in the league after 13 games. I think once the players learn to play with each other properly the results will come. Will keep u posted.

Wow, finally, I'll test it after i go home from school

---------- Post added 14/09/2011 at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was 13/09/2011 at 10:30 PM ----------

Who should I use for Germany? (1st season)
To what role ?
im using Swansea. :) Did some serious shopping in the transfer window (spent ~15 mln on 8 new players), now im waiting for my team to blend in. It looks pretty good so far, despite the horrendous loss to Bolton at home (1-7) im 12th in the league after 13 games. I think once the players learn to play with each other properly the results will come. Will keep u posted.
With Swansea play in PL ? You know, you're gambling mate :D

I dont know sure, but sum possession tactics didnt working good with team mediocre (no offense). But if you say good so far, keep me update ;)

To what role ?

I dont know sure, but sum possession tactics didnt working good with team mediocre (no offense). But if you say good so far, keep me update ;)
Every role, gimme a squad xD

Every role, gimme a squad xD
LOL so what the point you play FM ? :D

Come on, you control the team, the squad, you the manager. I give the tactic just as a basic, then you play it with your way. Maybe ask me if something wrong happen. But if you ask me every role, whole squad? You sure you're the manager? Or me? :D

Okay, like I said as this tactic based with Arsenal team, If you want try the tactic with other team, you need have the players with similiar characteristic. Every role, every position.
Like Fabregas, in Germany you have Schweinsteiger, Krooss, Oezil etc.
On Winger side, you have Goetze etc.
The important one, Henry role, choose the pacey striker. Hmmm, not sure maybe Muller.

Simply like that ;)

Yes, I always using OI on OP with every game/tactic I played. Truly give effect to the game :)

new to this forum and glad I came here after finding this Im playing as Arsenal in season 2 2nd atm and struggling a bit after my tactics i was using seem to be found out, the invincible one works wonders I played Barcelona away 1st game using it and I came from 1-0 down to win 3-1 in the CL
thanks for the well written out posts and good explanations

Ok, then tell me who to use on Bergkamp role, i think i've got the others good

Yeah there is definitely truth to it, i did dominate possession wise in almost every game, but had some serious troubles with creating chances plus the defensive lane was way to up for my ****** defendors :). Still, i have just finished the season, 11th place, so not bad at all. :) But yeah, possession tactics rly do need better teams to truly shine. Gonna try this new one now, not sure about the team yet.