awesome thread, gives a good amount of feedback on the basis for these tactics

such a good idea Will 1981, im looking forward to seing the future results.

Im currently trying your top tested tactic park the plane, so far so good.....

keep up the good work

Having read many of these results, would you agree that, generally speaking, fm11 rewards more defensively orientated tactics? I ask because having just won 3 cups (with Arsenal I admit) in 2010-11 I am now suffering awfully after say ten games in 2011-12. I'm thinking that the reason is what seems to be highlighted by your testing; that defence, regardless of player quality, usually works rather than backing the attacking half of a squad. And if this is so, is that why my attacking play (cut backs, counter attacking, one on ones) is quite unrealistic? fm11 trying to chill the fm10 goal frenzy? Any thoughts?

Hi Wil1l981!
How do you will proceed when the new patch came out?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Correction... it's actually out!

Hi Wil1l981!
How do you will proceed when the new patch came out?

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Correction... it's actually out!

very good question I dont really know

does the patch work only with new games or does it work with old saves too

the new match engine will still be applied to saved games, its just if you want the new database stuff to apply that you have to start a new game

the new match engine will still be applied to saved games, its just if you want the new database stuff to apply that you have to start a new game
cheers mate I guess that is the end of this thread then as I cant test anymore tactics as it wont be a fair test.

cheers mate I guess that is the end of this thread then as I cant test anymore tactics as it wont be a fair test.

My suggestion is you can leave this thread with "(11.1)" tag in its title and can start a new one with a "(11.2)" tag..

I know it is a lot of work :mad: but I hope you can test some of the best tactics in the 11.1 to know if they work in 10.2...

Henceforth you only "fully test" tactics made for this new version and with the 1000 downloads.

The community will be pleased (H)

What do you think?

My suggestion is you can leave this thread with "(11.1)" tag in its title and can start a new one with a "(11.2)" tag..

I know it is a lot of work :mad: but I hope you can test some of the best tactics in the 11.1 to know if they work in 10.2...

Henceforth you only "fully test" tactics made for this new version and with the 1000 downloads.

The community will be pleased (H)

What do you think?

strongly aggrees

A quick Suggestion

i noticed massive difference between the outcome at the end of the Season.
for example the parktheplane tactic which is ranked 1st here, i did run it twice in a row
1st time 40points, 2nd time 65points.

i would suggest running it multiple times i think 3times would be the way to go.
ofc this way its much more time consuming, so i would raise the standart of which tactics to test
like test only those with 3000downloads or something... just my 2cents...

PS. sorry for my bad English...

I may do a similar thread in the future to test tactics with the new patch

I would like any idea's or suggestions of how to make the tests as fair as possible.

I'd love if you managed to carry this thread on/ start a new one for new patch. As for making the test as fair as possible I think just carry on how you been doing it. Some people have said test each tactic multiple times as its a more accurate representation but that's gonna take even longer and I think is a bit unfair to you!

thanks for your hard work and I look forward to seeing what you decide to do :)

Repeats would make any results much more meaningful.
Do two runs and if they finish within say 5% of each other then call it quits there. Seeing as the legause has extra teams added could you add the same team twice maybe to improve efficiency?

As a note, In england teams use alot of 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1, 4-1-4-1 etc. In italy and spain different tactics are used so you would expect different sucess rates.

Last edited:
Repeats would make any results much more meaningful.
Do two runs and if they finish within say 5% of each other then call it quits there. Seeing as the legause has extra teams added could you add the same team twice maybe to improve efficiency?

As a note, In england teams use alot of 4-4-4 and 4-4-1-1, 4-1-4-1 etc. In italy and spain different tactics are used so you would expect different sucess rates.

how can a team play 4-4-4?