is it possible to edit a file that youve downloaded from the internet slightly using editor?
i've downloaded a january update but theirs some mistakes on it and i also want to up my budget a bit...?
Click File --> Load Database

This will load up the default database.If you would like to edit a custom database which you made or downloaded from the site...click File --> Load Editor Data which will show all the custom DB’s youve saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\Editor Data

is it possible to make a team(Rangers,Portsmouth) start with -10 points?

can you elaborate?please!
also a quick question,if I put a team in administration does it increase the chance of a possible takeover?

In Nation rules, can you set the -10 points if a club goes in to administration as active? The SPL doesn't have it added in the starting database.

Is there a way to change the rules for normal league games in for example the Premier League so the match goes in to sudden death and then penalties if it's a draw at full time?

In Nation rules, can you set the -10 points if a club goes in to administration as active? The SPL doesn't have it added in the starting database.
Create new national rules for Scotland like I've shown in the OP and when you're on SPL...click 'Other' tab and you can add points deductions 44842619a9e700088955ce518db55137.png

Is there a way to change the rules for normal league games in for example the Premier League so the match goes in to sudden death and then penalties if it's a draw at full time?
I don't think you can for league games

Data Editor

I might be being a bit thick but when I press load database in the data editor it just gives me a blank database to create. How do put the database already given into the data editor so I can just tweak certain thinks?

I might be being a bit thick but when I press load database in the data editor it just gives me a blank database to create. How do put the database already given into the data editor so I can just tweak certain thinks?
If you press load database, it will give you the default database. It shouldn't be empty

ive created a club, but when i start a new game it isn't letting me choose the nation they are in?

ive created a club, but when i start a new game it isn't letting me choose the nation they are in?
If you placed them in a league, did you remove the team you replaced them with?

ok, I want to change the PA and CA of oxlade chamberlain:p. but how do i do it? I can see where you can input the desired CA and PA but do you still have to change his actual player data(his attributes)?Its confusing me because I tested it by entering 20 in every attribute bu when i loaded the game only some of his attributes had gone up:/. any help would be greatly appreciated:)

ok, I want to change the PA and CA of oxlade chamberlain:p. but how do i do it? I can see where you can input the desired CA and PA but do you still have to change his actual player data(his attributes)?Its confusing me because I tested it by entering 20 in every attribute bu when i loaded the game only some of his attributes had gone up:/. any help would be greatly appreciated:)
You can pick specific attributes to increase or let the game increase them depending on how high you put the CA/PA. The game doesn't allow you to input 20 for all attributes

My editor hasn't worked since the update. The background has changed and I can't see any of the writing. Anyone else experiencing this? How can I fix it? Cheers

My editor hasn't worked since the update. The background has changed and I can't see any of the writing. Anyone else experiencing this? How can I fix it? Cheers

Mines fine. Could try reinstalling the editor and see what happens

If I uninstall it does that mean I'll lose my editing saves?

If I uninstall it does that mean I'll lose my editing saves?

Good question actually. I'd advise waiting for a reply from someone who knows more about that, as I don't want to screw things up for you. Someone will know-i'd just wait a bit

happened to me, verify you editor's cache files and try re-install according to SI.

EDIT: make sure you save your edited files somewhere else before you do this.

got the editor working again :)

Deleting your Cache on a Mac

Remove from Caches following the instructions below:

- Go to Finder
- Go to Macintosh HD
- Go to Users
- Go to your home (Shape of a house) folder
- Go to Library
- Go to Caches
- Go to Sports Interactive
- Go to Football Manager 2012
- Delete all contents in this folder.

How do I delete my Cache files?

First of all you need to turn on hidden files and folders.

XP:
My Computer
'Tools'
'Folder Options'.
The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
My Computer
'Organize'
'Folder and Search Options'.
The go to the 'View' tab and select 'Show hidden files and folders'

Once this is done, follow the instructions below:

Windows XP:
1. Open “My Computer”
2. Navigate to : “Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\
3. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder.
4. Go to the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.
5. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click “Start”
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
5. Go to the “Football Manager 2012” Folder.
6. Delete the 'cache' Folder found inside here.

Last edited: