FM12 Stadium Background project (1920x1080, 1920x1200 or 1600x1200)

The next update will probably be just English Leagues.

check the op

Last edited:
Download one of these skins http://community.sig...44#post7258844. They are just the default skin with edits to make them background friendly, just make sure you download one of the ones with BG in the title.

For the dark skin download these http://www.mediafire...m4m84ibk484u7rs open the folder of your choice (I'm using 80)and drag the contents into the bgoverlay folder located at \base2012 dark bg\graphics and overwrite them.

Nice work mate will start downloading when i get my new PC:)

Now that I'm not using mediafire anymore (200mb limit, rubbish speeds) I've decided to combine the base and update into one pack for those who don't have either. I'll be replacing the original links with these ones in the OP.

If you already have the original base pack with update applied you won't need this.

If you have the base but were put off downloading the update for whatever reason, delete the base and download this.

16:9 1920x1080 DOWNLOAD
16:10 1920x1200 DOWNLOAD
4:3 1600x1200 DOWNLOAD

I reckon that is a solid enough, far reaching base to work from so I'll start working Nation by Nation from now on beginning with England. I'm happy to take requests on a first come first served basis, so if you want Israel or the rest of Scotland or anything like that just say in here.

I'll be adding the stadia I have already created into the Nation by Nation packs just so that people who don't want/need the superpack can get all of the leagues (Prem etc)in each Nation without having to download the superpack.

@geordie1981

I see you have added Wembley stadium in your last update, but when I click on team England in game I do not see any picture in the background (all the other background pictures for clubs works great, so no problem with them). Is this normal ? If I reach the FA cup final or a Carling cup final with an English club will the picture then show in the background ?

Is this not a rather pointless thing to do. considering that MinneapolisJohn over at FMView has made backgrounds for 42 countries already with over 3000+ done

It'll show in cup finals and Internationals, forgot to config it for the team screen because I'm still working out how to approach the National Stadia pack without creating config clashes.

First thing i was just expressing and opinion which i am free to do. Second thing is all his pictures are high quality and up to date as he regularly updates them. and as for new stadiums there has been very few changes.

And to the size unless you have monitor with a ridiculous length to width ratio there is very little squashing or skewing

And lastly learn how to use proper English, considering that **** is a rounded lumb you spastic ****

@geordi1981

You are doing a superjob ! Thanks for quick reply !

Cheers Ben.

@ Kevnaylor Guess you've never typed anything whilst completely ****** off, I'm calm now and can't be arsed with childish tittle tattle.

The three sizes are for people who don't want to say "Ah well, not too bad" why should people have to settle for not too bad when they can have a pic designed to fit perfectly on their screen, which Jon agrees with btw.

Last edited:
By the way, this was supposed to be a joint project between myself and Jon but he went AWOL for months on end without explanation so I got frustrated and started without him.

He, like me, felt recreating the stadia in a higher resolution was the logical next step considering the amount of people using HD monitors nowadays.

The End.......................

ps; considering what you think of people who misspell words, you might want edit the last line of your post. There's no such thing as a rounded lumb, guess there's a little spastic in all of us dying to get out. ;)

Last edited:
Poland has lots of new sexy stadiums! :) Wouldn't mind a pack from my own country! ;)

Poland added to my WIP, I've already been asked to make backgrounds for the rest of England and Australia so I'll start on these when I've finished with those two.

This is the first set of English backgrounds. All 160 playable clubs from the Premier League down to the Blue Square North/South as well as Wembley and The Olympic Stadium, both of which are set to the team screen as well this time.

Extract to;

Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds
Win 2000/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds
Win 98/ME: C:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds
Mac OS X: /Users/<username>/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2012/graphics\backgrounds

or whichever graphics folder your working faces, kits and logos are located. If you don't have a backgrounds folder then create one.

No need to overwite anything this time, as long as they are in the relevant location mentioned above then the game will pick them up.

If you've downloaded my Superpack then delete the England folder from it before downloading this pack and you're good to go.

16:9 (1920x1080) DOWNLOAD
16:10 (1920X1200) DOWNLOAD
4:3 (1600X1200) DOWNLOAD

Screenshots

NewcastleUnitedSquad_Players-2.png

LeytonOrientSquad_Players-2.png

DagenhamandRedbridgeSquad_Players.png

FleetwoodTownSquad_Players.png

Last edited:
hi, thanks for this awesome background .. but I have a problem, I've put the folder in Win Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2012\graphics\backgrounds already, but still I got nothing on my screen, even I start a new game .. any help? :(

If that location is where your working faces, kits and the like are as well then you probably just need to tick the show backgrounds box in the display and settings menu ingame and reload the skin.