FM14 – 14.3.1 VanGaalUtd, 3-2-2-1-2, A New Lease Of Life

Do you have any recommendations for each position? Like important attributes for the centre backs on left and right, or who should we use as left or right trequartista.

for me greatest tactic for fm 2014 ...i dominated almost every team ...great job ...

finish the last season ...one of the best winning all trophy, 10 of 11 players in best UCL and Serie A team, breaking record of goals scored in one season in Seria A 131 goals scored( conceded only 23 in Serie A and in all competition i had at least 3 goals per match) ...and top goalscorer in UCL and Serie A...brilliant tactic

I started a new game with Steaua Bucharest check this out(first season managed to knockout round in UCL beating 3-0 chelsea at home) ... second season against benfica take a look ...
nd6gwh.jpg

Normally second season syndrome happens all the time so be happy you won the league bro. I think a change in tactics is always needed however imma give this a try

not at all for me it's the only tactic that doesn't need changes only keep squad happy and result will come(i'm in november undefeated and in UCL i lost against Lyon after i had 3 woodworks and many other CCC's, with a lot inferior squad only few transfers because i need to rebuild all the club ...no staff for my team) ...with inter i dominated for 5 seasons all the competition conceded under 20 goals per season and breaking the record of serie A goals in one season with 131 goals scored...for me is the best tactic for fm 2014 ...I don't understand why other people don't use it ...

Normally second season syndrome happens all the time so be happy you won the league bro. I think a change in tactics is always needed however imma give this a try
there is no such thing as this syndrome , i play one tactic for 10 seasons.It only happens when you buy to many players and dont train team cohesion.

Hi guys,

Been without a PC for what seems like a lifetime, hard drive completely failed lost everything.... had to download this tactic from my own post lol. As i said lost everything including the save game i had started with this tactic. I'm looking to start a new save with the summer transfer update. How are people getting on with it? See a few guys are using and posting and glad to see it's working for them.

Updates to follw once up and running.

Cheers

Need to tweak formation to utilise Di Maria, any ideas?

use him as CM attack seems to have the abilities to do well in that position...

In my save with Steaua i managed to win the group of UCL and i get liverpool|(lost first match away 3-1) i had problems only on away games against bigger clubs ...in championsip 15 wins straight and undefeated after 22 games :)

3rd season with Steaua i do the double and play semifinals of Europa League with a decent squad ...only i cannot buy good players to fit the tactic i'm on 23 place in europe club ranking ...and i cannot bring youth players only 1 or 2 star potential ...what to do every season upgrading youth and training facilities and everything that needs to get decent regens ...

Just had a quick go with this and it looks good. One thing though - I've given 5 penalties in the 4 games I've played. Has anyone had any problems with this?

It could just be my problem because the tactic has wasn't fully fluid in the first 2 games and I may not be using the ideal players.

Set pieces are fantastic btw. Throw in instructions are different for each side though, is that intentional?

Last edited:
Just had a quick go with this and it looks good. One thing though - I've given 5 penalties in the 4 games I've played. Has anyone had any problems with this?

It could just be my problem because the tactic has wasn't fully fluid in the first 2 games and I may not be using the ideal players.

no problem for me with penalties under 5 per season ...but seems that set pieces not working so well for me
Set pieces are fantastic btw. Throw in instructions are different for each side though, is that intentional?

Thanks I thought It was my problem. As for set pieces I was more specifically referring to free kicks I guess. I've scored from 2-3 indirect free kicks in the few games I've played when usually I'd be lucky to get that a season. Corners are inconsistent but I've found that to be the case in every tactic this year. Throw ins are creating lots of good chances.

Hi, is there a link to this tactic please or do you just recreate from the original post ?? Thanks