FM14 – 14.3.1 VanGaalUtd, 3-2-2-1-2, A New Lease Of Life

when were you going to be ******* use it mate: D

and you can throw a link

Nezza always hear about that danilo tactic which topic is it in?

Nezza always hear about that danilo tactic which topic is it in?

it's not in my topic since it's not really a problem people are having, keeping the same tactic every season tends to get a little boring after a while so it's good to try something new ;)

My guesses would be not so well, it needs top defenders as well as good attackers, but it's probably the next thing that needs testing tbh.

View attachment 345953 My save thus far, (Btw this is different from yours Gazza I've got the LFC update) But this is tremendous, never have I felt so confident in defence!!!

Horrible for lower teams by the way ive tested it, so many CCCs against you

Horrible for lower teams by the way ive tested it, so many CCCs against you

Try to untick tight marking, lower the d-line, use stay in position, think like a small team, don't try to use big teams philosophy in a small team.

So 2nd season here we come....

I've added a few new players and sold a few aswell....

View attachment 344737
Vermaelen was tansfer listed by Arsenal and i needed an experienced player to replace Vidic who left at end of first season.
Aurier was brought to provide competition for Rafael at RWB but also good cover for 3 CD's, he also competent at LWB so can play right across the back 5 positions.
Honda was a bit of an impulse buy, i felt i needed more creativity and goals from the midfield positions, i didn't get given a great deal of money for transfers and so managed to get Honda fairly cheap.

Pre-season has gone very well only 1 goal conceded in the first friendly game against Arsenal, lots of goals scored.

View attachment 344736
Looking for opinions on how to tweak the tactic to improve discipline issues i had last year, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
So 68 games unbeaten and then .....

Euro Super Cup Final

View attachment 344708
Evra sent off and last minute equalizer, not annoyed much.... not!!!!

Last edited:
I don't know how you guys are getting good results....my defenders look lost and every cross is deemed to be headed in by the opposition...just stand their watching the show...playing with crystal palace

I don't know how you guys are getting good results....my defenders look lost and every cross is deemed to be headed in by the opposition...just stand their watching the show...playing with crystal palace

try removing more direct and more risky passing from the defenders

So 2nd season complete, and my how different from the first have really struggled this season to match what was achieved in the first. Still managed to win the league....JUST..

View attachment 343377Score less, conceded more, lost more games. Really feel i need to make massive improvements to the squad, struggled alot with injuries Mata was injured for 3 months, Rooney for 4 months, Rafael is out for 6 months and plenty more besides that.

Still managed to win the Champions League, Club World Championship, Community Shield aswell. Also lost the Euro Super Cup and Capital One Cup finals both on pens.

View attachment 343366
View attachment 343365
View attachment 343364
Not enough consistency for my liking too many defeats and too many goals conceded.

View attachment 343363
If anyone is still using this tactic if there any tweaks they have used to improve the tactic please feel free to share.

Hi,

I would like to give credit to jonathansmith for his tactic which has helped me to come to this set-up.
I have never uploaded a tactic before, but I am a regular visitor to the site. I have a long term save going with the team I support Man Utd,it's been going very well using a variety of tactics downloaded from here. I decided I wanted to try to recreate the system Van Gaal has implemented at United, and I think I've done it.

The tactic plays a lovely brand of football, goals are scored right across the team, and it is very secure at the back. As I said I have long term save going at the moment which is in season 2020/21, as I have read in the past the game seems to get easier the further in you are with all the regens and so on. I decided in order to give the tactic a proper test I would start a new game with United, the results have been steady and pleasing as the potential is there to be seen.

THE TACTIC

View attachment 663880

As you can see I have tried to implement Van Gaal's formation.

There isn't anything spectacular about the set piece set-ups all set to mixed deliveries and players placed in a variety of positions.

FIXTURES
View attachment 663883I played quite a few friendlies to aid in tactic fluidity.

View attachment 663888

Very pleasing set of results.

As you can see I haven't played a great deal of games but really wanted to shareand get some views from you guys.

View attachment 663891

Like I said goals spread right across the team.

OTHER INFO

Don't let assistant manager do Opposition Instructions, they come with the tactic.
Put tactic in all three slots seems to speed up familarity.

View attachment 663897View attachment 663894
663898d1407518892t-fm14-%E2%80%93-14-3-1-vangaalutd-3-2-2-1-2-new-lease-life-league-table.png

Hello!

Are you running with the same tactics on the second season? or make some changes?

Would be appreciated for answers:)