FM14 (14.2.0) - The Triad (4-2-3-1) - Promoted first season with Doncaster - Great GD

VikingArrow

Reaction score
INTRO

The tactic is based upon a 4-2-3-1 tactic, with a deep defensive line - two fullbacks on support, two central defenders on defend, a defensive midfielder in anchor role, a midfielder on attack, two inside forwards on support, a attacking midfielder on support and upfront a advanced forward on attack creating a good balance in the team. I chose to keep the mentality on standard and a rigid fluidity.

During my period testing the tactic I gave it a go with teams all the way down to Skrill Premier with good results. The tactic isn't a diablo, it will never be - you will encounter losses and draws, no doubt about that. But you will play fun football, create chances and score a lot of goals IF you got the right players for the positions.

I have decided to use my career with Doncaster, which I just finished my first season as a prime example. Doncaster is predicted nr 23 in the Championship, a division I think is the most difficult there is on FM2014 - it got loads of teams, both good ones and bad ones (underdog-factor will struck you!)

Doncaster got more or less nothing to use in the transfer market at first, which is also a very hard challenge and there are not that many players you can sell with a nice profit without losing key players.

I brought in Stefan Strandberg as a DM (Trained him DM after 4-5 months) - Kasper Kusk as a AML (Amazing young player that is either footed), Darnel Situ from Swansea as backup CB and John Pantsil as a DR. During the January window I was handed a better transfer budget (probably my position in the league) that gave me the opportunity buying Thomas Drage, AMC from Tromso - Nicolaj Thomsen, MC from AaB - Pontus Jansson, CB from Malmo - All young players that wouldn't impact my team that much this season.

IMPORTANT

It is IMPORTANT to understand that your teams familiarity with the tactic NEEDS to be fluid in order to really get those great results! .. or at least nearly fluid. The team needs to understand how they are gonna play.. logical, isn't it? :) Also - Pace is vital. If you got a advanced forward with great pace and acceleration he`ll rip apart most defenses, same goes for your inside forwards. Have in mind a player with 8 in pace for Skrill Premier is very good and a player with 16+ pace in Premier League is decent as well :)

To many long shots from your AMC? And crossings behind your CBs?

Change your AMC to Shoot Less Often and change the role of one of your CBs to CB Cover instead of Defend, the defender with the most pace.

Other tweaks:

Playing away against a stronger team? Try counter instead of standard. Playing at home against a weaker team? Try attacking instead of standard. A very rigid style can work for some teams as well.

Enjoy everyone! And post your results! Thanks :)

Had great success with this tactic with UTD went till January unbeaten in all comps only drew once in league to Spurs away, and conceded only 5 goals in league till that time. Sold Cleverly,Anderson,Hernandez,Buttner,Macheda,Nani,Young,Bebe and bought Gundogan,Lewabdowski,Shaqiri. Training was Team cohesion very high on tactics with 50% scheduling with no rest before or after games, then when tactic was fully fluid switch to balanced average and tactics with 30% scheduling with just rest after match day, then chose def poss on away games and tough home games then attack movement for easy home games. All I did was plug and play! No defencive line changes or anything, sorry cant post any screenies because was just testing tactic, but so far this had better results for me than Jassar MW 14.2 tactic which is saying something coz that is pretty **** good! Think will defo use these 2 for my LTS when jan transfer window patch has been released. Hope this info/feedback was helpful oh yeah I found playing right footed if on left side and vice verser.

for moment, i have won my all match with Marseille. It's the bes tactic for 14.2. I have search more more tactic for this patch but this tactic is really the best. Thank you

Had great success with this tactic with UTD went till January unbeaten in all comps only drew once in league to Spurs away, and conceded only 5 goals in league till that time. Sold Cleverly,Anderson,Hernandez,Buttner,Macheda,Nani,Young,Bebe and bought Gundogan,Lewabdowski,Shaqiri. Training was Team cohesion very high on tactics with 50% scheduling with no rest before or after games, then when tactic was fully fluid switch to balanced average and tactics with 30% scheduling with just rest after match day, then chose def poss on away games and tough home games then attack movement for easy home games. All I did was plug and play! No defencive line changes or anything, sorry cant post any screenies because was just testing tactic, but so far this had better results for me than Jassar MW 14.2 tactic which is saying something coz that is pretty **** good! Think will defo use these 2 for my LTS when jan transfer window patch has been released. Hope this info/feedback was helpful oh yeah I found playing right footed if on left side and vice verser.

for moment, i have won my all match with Marseille. It's the bes tactic for 14.2. I have search more more tactic for this patch but this tactic is really the best. Thank you

Great to hear guys! Let me know how it goes further on! :)

im gonna start a new save today. Ill use this tactic, because i love the formation. Unsure what team to use yet!

I'm gonna give this a go with Arsenal and see how it goes.. looks promising tho.

This tactic looks perfect for Spurs, im going to give this shot, it looks fantastic.

I've played some games with this and its very good. Just one question, does anyone know how to get this tactic fluid fast? I'm in pre season still, but only a week or so until the season starts and its still not fluid at all?? I've got my general training set to tactics very high, and match training set to tactics only as well, yet it still seems to be awkward when I check the familiarity on my tactics screen...any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Really good tactic by the way.

I've played some games with this and its very good. Just one question, does anyone know how to get this tactic fluid fast? I'm in pre season still, but only a week or so until the season starts and its still not fluid at all?? I've got my general training set to tactics very high, and match training set to tactics only as well, yet it still seems to be awkward when I check the familiarity on my tactics screen...any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Really good tactic by the way.

load it into all 3 slots, match training full, and high level tactics only.

load it into all 3 slots, match training full, and high level tactics only.

Sorry mate, what does load it into all 3 slots mean? I'm still getting to grips with the game. Cheers dude

Sorry mate, what does load it into all 3 slots mean? I'm still getting to grips with the game. Cheers dude

Where you pick your tactics, the add tactic button at the top, add this in all 3.

Where you pick your tactics, the add tactic button at the top, add this in all 3.

Cheers dude, I understand now. Sorry one more quick question, would you load all 3 slots to standard philosophy, or would you do a counter and attacking philosophy one? Cheers dude, and sorry for all the questions.

Cheers dude, I understand now. Sorry one more quick question, would you load all 3 slots to standard philosophy, or would you do a counter and attacking philosophy one? Cheers dude, and sorry for all the questions.

I'd have them all the same until they are all fluid,