FM14 (14.2.0) - The Triad (4-2-3-1) - Promoted first season with Doncaster - Great GD

my RB have only 13 aggresion, maybe thats the reason, i don't know.

Are you tackling hard on the left winger or forward a lot?

It's real hit or miss for me, as far as goal scoring on a fresh NUFC save. Seems I can get 20-30 shots on goal with about 12 on target and not net one.

Have been using this tactic and find its very effective at home but less so away even when I'm out performing the opposition. playing as tottenham at ipswich. had 22 shots 12 on target 5 CCC's 4 half chances, they had 5 shots 2 on target 1 CCC possession 50/50. ended up with a 1-1 draw which is annoying with the number of opportunities I created. I dunno if its the match engine playing up or some tweaking to the formation as others seem to be having excellent results.

Sorry i couldn't post a SS of match stats post kept getting denied.

Got 98 points last season with this tactic then all of a sudden the away form went to pot!! On the brink of rage-quitting FM14.2 again but I decided to test something that worked for me on older patches.

What you do is keep the basic outline and team instructions of the tactic but tweak it individually for each player.

By this I mean at the start of the season take the time to add each player into the tactic and set him to his best role (use your own tools/opinions or look at the coach report as I have done).

Like so (example of the 6 potential AMC players):

View attachment 437346

After doing that it means when you sub a man on or off he automatically switches to his preferred role in whatever position he is now playing.

As such, the tactic looks a wee bit different (but team instructions and formation are the same all the time)

View attachment 437348

I done this after another away defeat (Liverpool game)

View attachment 437347

Hopefully it works for you all too.

But remember sometimes you just can't win (or as I put it, the game just wants you beat!). Including that great run above I had more victories including two 4-0s and a 3-0 then all of a sudden Fulham in a relegation place hammered me 4-1 :mad:

Got 98 points last season with this tactic then all of a sudden the away form went to pot!! On the brink of rage-quitting FM14.2 again but I decided to test something that worked for me on older patches.

What you do is keep the basic outline and team instructions of the tactic but tweak it individually for each player.

By this I mean at the start of the season take the time to add each player into the tactic and set him to his best role (use your own tools/opinions or look at the coach report as I have done).

Like so (example of the 6 potential AMC players):

View attachment 459769

After doing that it means when you sub a man on or off he automatically switches to his preferred role in whatever position he is now playing.

As such, the tactic looks a wee bit different (but team instructions and formation are the same all the time)

View attachment 459763

I done this after another away defeat (Liverpool game)

View attachment 459766

Hopefully it works for you all too.

But remember sometimes you just can't win (or as I put it, the game just wants you beat!). Including that great run above I had more victories including two 4-0s and a 3-0 then all of a sudden Fulham in a relegation place hammered me 4-1 :mad:

Thanks for that! will give it a go

w4nker do you edit the instructions themselves such as pass shorter etc? Or just the roles?

Still loving this tactic. Finished in 4th in my seconds season with Brighton (Lost out on 3rd on the final day of the season on goal difference :\) and also got the the final of the Europa League but unfortunately lost against Chelsea.

Once I've finished my first season with Chelsea I'll give it a try in pre season etc... Looks good though!

Enjoying the tactic, still struggling a little away from home against bigger teams, lost to both united and chelsea. but beat barca 3-0 at home. I am struggling to get consistent performances out of my AMC, currently playing as tottenham with eriksen AMC (A) and sigurdson AMC (S). They have 3/4 average to poor games, then have 1 stormer then back to poor or average again. individualised the position for each player to focus on their strengths, but not having a great deal of luck. any one got any suggestions?

Hi there,

Could someone just post the team instructions for this tactic because i don't have the software to extract the files when downloaded.

It looks like a great success?! Going to try it!

Thanks!

You don't need to "extract" the files. Just move it to My docs > sports interactive > FM 2014 > tactics (if you don't have a tactics folder, just make one). Then go into FM, your tactics screen. Above the pitch on the right there is 3 little lines with a triangle next to it, click that, then manage tactics. Import the tactic you want, done, and then select it from drop down.

You don't need to "extract" the files. Just move it to My docs > sports interactive > FM 2014 > tactics (if you don't have a tactics folder, just make one). Then go into FM, your tactics screen. Above the pitch on the right there is 3 little lines with a triangle next to it, click that, then manage tactics. Import the tactic you want, done, and then select it from drop down.

Apologies, I was assuming it was the same as when downloading logos etc. Thanks!

Hey, your strategy is the best of the all posted here on the forum. The results are to die for!

- But I have a question, what to do to the players so not tortured?

- How to use this tactic training in general and the individual?

13491678215165456876.jpg

Fantastic tactic. One loss all season and some superb performances against the other big clubs.

Well chuffed with the corner set up also. 12 goals from Vidic in all competitions!