Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

Don't hesitate, I also bought Ashley Williams for Southampton and he was very good in first season. Balanta is not good as people think because of his low consistency.

Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player ...

Player: Subotic
Team you are managing: Dortmund
Team who are buying/selling: Manchester
Offer: around 32m
Year: 2014/15
Already got hummels, papastathopoulos, Balanta and recently got Umtiti cheap.
Question is should i sell a towering CB as him.
Papastathopoulos might be able to replace his Air abilities to a point...but really don't know if that would be a clever move ?

Last edited:
Player: Farfan
Team you are managing: Schalke 04
Team who are buying/selling: Man Utd
Offer: 22m
Year: 2013/14
deal on any day of the week.
Player: Alexandre Pato
Team You Are Managing: Tottenham
Team Who Are Buying/Selling: Corinthians
Offer: 16Mill
no deal.
Player: Aleksandar Mitrovic
Team You Are Managing: Tottenham
Team Who Are Selling: Wolfsburg
Offer: 10Mill
deal.
Player: Klaas Jan Huntelaar
Team you are managing: Bayern
Team who are buying/selling: Schalke
Offer: ?12.75m (release clause)
Other Info: Have 3 strikers already - Werner, Pizarro and Mandzukic...but I don't plan on using Mandzukic as a first-teamer.
no deal as he's getting old.
Papastathopoulos might be able to replace his Air abilities to a point...but really don't know if that would be a clever move ?
32m is a good deal. you could replace him with shawcross/caulker etc, although i doubt he needs replacing due to your squad depth

Don't hesitate, I also bought Ashley Williams for Southampton and he was very good in first season. Balanta is not good as people think because of his low consistency.

Please stop repeating this claim, his consistency is randomized from game to game.

Player: Ashley Williams
Team You Are Managing: Southampton
Team Who Are Buying/Selling: Swansea
Offer: ?4.2mil
Year: July 2013
Other info: Just bought Balanta too, was thinking Williams' experience would help Balanta's development
Deal. Good player for a season or 2, and cheap, so you should definitely get your money's worth (If only for his experience if you need a CB to play in a high pressure game)

Player: Klaas Jan Huntelaar
Team you are managing: Bayern
Team who are buying/selling: Schalke
Offer: ?12.75m (release clause)
Other Info: Have 3 strikers already - Werner, Pizarro and Mandzukic...but I don't plan on using Mandzukic as a first-teamer.
No deal, simply because of his stupid wages. Although his release clause is quite low for his quality, his wages mean that he isn't worth. You can buy a much better poacher (I am presuming that is the kind of striker you are wanting if you are going for Klaas), such as Chicharito or Michu

Balanta is amazing. Think I read yesterday he has 0 for some stats (So it randomises them), so he could be consistent on your save, but for the vast majority of people he is world class.

Deal, you can get a better player for half that price (Although you probably don't need a first teamer with Balanta, Umtiti and Hummels. I wouldn't rely on Papast' though, as he is pretty slow.

Deal, you can get a better player for half that price (Although you probably don't need a first teamer with Balanta, Umtiti and Hummels. I wouldn't rely on Papast' though, as he is pretty slow.
Well papa isn't slow (acceleration =14 , pace =17) also he provides great cover on RB too where i only have chorchia . Think its better to keep papa than Subotic..
Only thing that makes me think of it twice is Subotic unbeaten in the air against beasts like benteke/lukaku etc whereas i dont have a back up tower defender like him.. but still i got hummels and Balanta/Umtiti will only get better over time..

Also i really need the money for buying a back up BWM.. maybe i buy wanyama with that money that can provide another solution in defense too due to his physicality, strength and heading ability and solve his absence that way ;)

Last edited:
Well papa isn't slow (acceleration =14 , pace =17) also he provides great cover on RB too where i only have chorchia . Think its better to keep papa than Subotic..
Only thing that makes me think of it twice is Subotic unbeaten in the air against beasts like benteke/lukaku etc whereas i dont have a back up tower defender like him.. but still i got hummels and Balanta/Umtiti will only get better over time..

Also i really need the money for buying a back up BWM.. maybe i buy wanyama with that money that can provide another solution in defense too due to his physicality, strength and heading ability and solve his absence that way ;)

Oh... I'll shut up then :p

P.S. Could see how much Mertesacker costs as a backup?

Oh... I'll shut up then :p

P.S. Could see how much Mertesacker costs as a backup?

Hehe Merte is available for 6m but is injury prone and asks a lot for salary..i ended up refusing Subotic 32m bid from manchester, then offered him to clubs for fun at 40m price.And then miracle happened! real came giving me 40m... couldnt resist rofl! so sold him and bought wanyama too!
Subo value atm is 25.5m still sold him for 40 guess i was lucky as **** (6)

Last edited:
Player: Jens Toornstra
Team you are managing: Fc Utrecht
Team who are buying: Valencia
Offer: 10m (8m in 18months installments)
Other Info: It's in FM 13 (but no one answers that thread) and it's 2nd season. He's been a boss for me 2nd half of the first season and has grown exceptionally in stats. We got 3rd in the eredivisie. Toornstra got a heavy injury at the end of 1st season and after ~3 months he's coming back from it and valencia sent me this offer out of the blue. He's contracted till 2016 and he recently said in the media he wanted to fight for his place in the first team.Here's a screenshot of his stats (it is in dutch though).
View attachment 453455

No deal, simply because of his stupid wages. Although his release clause is quite low for his quality, his wages mean that he isn't worth. You can buy a much better poacher (I am presuming that is the kind of striker you are wanting if you are going for Klaas), such as Chicharito or Michu

Thanks for the advice. I bought Klaas anyway, with Mandzukic leaving for 15m. He's had 16 in 22 games now, but Schalke seem to have cheated me! They confirmed the transfer only after their Champions League Playoff, so he's ineligible there :mad:

Last edited:
Player: Libor Kozak
Team you are managing: Aston Villa
Team who are buying: Reading, etc..
Offer: 4m (2m in 12months installments) (Pounds)

Comment: I just tok over AV after they got relegated and many players have bad morale (of course).. Benteke is moving to Bayern for 20M and i dont have a good striker after that, I've never tried Kozak so i wonder if he could be good, he got like 14 finishing and 20 heading... A was thinking of using him alone in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation with wingers.

Edit(!): I said No for atm, and the agent want a improved deal for Kozak, he wanted 30k a week, He was on 15k.
I have afford to pay this (after the sale of Benteke).. Worth it?

Last edited:
Player: De Sciglio
Team you are managing: Liverpool
Team who are buying/selling: AC Milan
Offer: 12M

Or

Player: Martin Montoya
Team who are buying/selling: Barcelona
Offer: 6M

Or

Player: Clyne
Team who are buying/selling: Soton
Offer: 13.5M

Or

Player: Danilo
Team who are buying/selling: FCP
Offer: 13M

i just sold Glen Johnson to Arsenal for 27M on my first year with Liverpool. And i'm searchin for the replacement. Cheers

i just sold Glen Johnson to Arsenal for 27M on my first year with Liverpool. And i'm searchin for the replacement. Cheers

No deal to everyone apart from Danilo. De Sciglio would want more wages, isn't as good. Montaya isn't up to scratch and Clyne doesn't have enough potential.

Player: Lucas Leiva
Team who are buying/selling: Real Madrid
Offer: 40M - 12M upfront & 28M over 24 months.
Year: 2013/2014

i just bought lucas romero for 6M for the replacement

In Need of an AML, IF or winger, doesnt really matters, but I would prefer players that can play traditional crossing winger. I still got Carlos Vela (bencher), Oxlade(current AML winger - swapping with griezmann), Griezman ( Current AMR IF, starter no matter what).

Player: Lorenzo Insigne
Team you are managing: Arsenal
Team who are selling: Napoli
Offer: 28m upfront - 65k wage

Player: Bernard
Team who are selling: Shaktar
Offer: 32m upfront - 55kwage

Player: Andrew Ayew
Team who are selling: Marseille
Offer: 7.5m upfront - 75k wage - African, so will be unavailable in Africa of Nation

Player: Yermalenko
Team who are selling: Dynamo
Offer: 10m upfront - 75k wage

Still open for other suggestion, Reus is off the table.

Last edited:
Player: Rodrigo
Team you are managing: Liverpool FC
Team who are selling: SLB
Offer: 8.75m upfront - 40k wage

Is he worh investing in, as i already sold Borini & Aspas for both 8.5m each making a nice 17m upfront?

In Need of an AML, IF or winger, doesnt really matters, but I would prefer players that can play traditional crossing winger. I still got Carlos Vela (bencher), Oxlade(current AML winger - swapping with griezmann), Griezman ( Current AMR IF, starter no matter what).

Player: Lorenzo Insigne
Team who are selling: Napoli
Offer: 28m upfront - 65k wage

Player: Bernard
Team who are selling: Shaktar
Offer: 32m upfront - 55kwage

Player: Andrew Ayew
Team who are selling: Marseille
Offer: 7.5m upfront - 75k wage - African, so will be unavailable in Africa of Nation

Player: Yermalenko
Team who are selling: Dynamo
Offer: 10m upfront - 75k wage

Still open for other suggestion, Reus is off the table.

City got Bernard in my save and United got Insigne. Bernard has been meh, Insigne is one of United's top performers - scoring and assisting for fun. I hear Ayew isn't exactly stellar in this FM but would be a good squad player for that price. Yarmolenko looks good but I haven't used him in a top side yet. I'd get Insigne or Yarmolenko.

Guys I need help please. Not sure what to do, Santon has been my best player for a long time, still only 26 and on lowish wages. $150m is a huge offer, I have Luke Shaw, Mathieu Debuchy(31), and Bill Tuiloma

Player: Davide Santon only on 59k pw
Team you are managing: Newcastle
Team who are buying: Dortmund
Offer: 150m upfront, $18.25m over 18 months
Year: 2017

Well that is Obvs a Deal...also can put up a Picture of his Attributes...
150m is insane tbh so yes accept it as anyways u got a great replacement in Luke Shaw