Fm14 Deal or No Deal thread: Please use when asking if you should buy player x or y

Do you mean a player for each role, or someone that can play all 3? As CM support and Box-to-box are very similar, bar perhaps stamina and workrate needed for a BtB

If you meant all 3:
Box to box or CM support: Verratti, Ramsey, Wilshere, Herrera, Pogba, Lucas Romero,
DLP: Strandberg, Goretzka, Diego Reyes, Radosevic, Podstawski, Lucas Romero, Zelalem, Xhaka, Crisetig

Sorry yeah I meant for each role, I want to invest heavily in the central midfield as I'm not using wingers.

I'm playing 433 flat 3 midfield and those are my roles atm I've got Fellaini-bbm, carrick-dlp-d, cleverly-cm-s.

currently bidding for Goretzka, I'm at 16m and they are saying no, is he worth the big fee?

Player;Connor Sammon
Team you are managing: Spurs
Team who are selling:Derby
Offer:8 Million
Year: 2015/16 pre season

He scored 29 goals in the championship and then 24 goals in 26 games in the prem, would be my first choice as well as Soldado
Motherloving deal all over that. Worst case scenario you'll get a good squad player which is a good deal for that price.

Sorry yeah I meant for each role, I want to invest heavily in the central midfield as I'm not using wingers.

I'm playing 433 flat 3 midfield and those are my roles atm I've got Fellaini-bbm, carrick-dlp-d, cleverly-cm-s.

currently bidding for Goretzka, I'm at 16m and they are saying no, is he worth the big fee?

Probably not to be honest. He is good, but you can get better for that. Do they need to be young players? It's just that Yacob costs around ?11m and he is a complete rock at the back, and good on the ball too!

Probably not to be honest. He is good, but you can get better for that. Do they need to be young players? It's just that Yacob costs around ?11m and he is a complete rock at the back, and good on the ball too!

Not really but not too old too, max 25 years old, missed out in Jacob benfica signed him in the sly.

Player: Robert Lewandowski
Team you are managing: Arsenal
Team who are buying/selling:
Borussia Dortmund
Offer: 25
m (105k a week)
Year:
2013/14 pre-season

Player: Diego Costa
Team who are buying/selling: Atletico Madrid

Offer: 40
m (110k a week)
Year:
2013/14 pre-season

Player: Christian Benteke
Aston Villa
Offer: 22
m (85k a week)
Year:
2013/14 pre-season

Player: John Guidetti
Team you are managing: Tottenham
Team who are buying/selling: Manchester City

Offer: 1.1m.
Year: 2013/15 pre-season

He's unsettled at City and i think he's a bargain for a rotation striker...he demands 47k a week
8-|

Last edited:
Player: Robert Lewandowski
Borussia Dortmund
Offer: 25
m (105k a week)
Year:
2013/14 pre-season

Player: Diego Costa
Team who are buying/selling: Atletico Madrid

Offer: 40
m (110k a week)
Year:
2013/14 pre-season

Player: Christian Benteke
Aston Villa
Offer: 22
m (85k a week)
Year:
2013/14 pre-season
you might want to wait for lewandowski to run out his contract cos 25m's a bit steep for someone whose contract is expiring. no deal for the rest imo. maybe you can go for carlos vela as well.
Player: John Guidetti
Team you are managing: Tottenham
Team who are buying/selling: Manchester City

Offer: 1.1m.
Year: 2013/15 pre-season

He's unsettled at City and i think he's a bargain for a rotation striker...he demands 47k a week
8-|
no deal definitely. go for abel hernandez instead, though he'll cost a little more but better than guidetti imo.

Player: Robin van Persie
Team you're managing: Manchester United
Team who are buying: Real Madrid
Offer: 31 Million Pounds [50 Million dollars]
Year: Start of the second season.

van Persie is 31 now, and was a monster for me last year. I have Hernandez who is injured, Jese, and Welbeck as my alternative strikers, with Timo Werner on loan. Still have 60 Million remaining.

Player: Mario Balotelli
Team who are selling: A.C Milan
Offer: 43 Million Pounds [70 Million dollars]

If I sell van Persie, I'm thinking of buying him, since Benteke recently moved.

Player: Robin van Persie
Team who are buying: Real Madrid
Offer: 31 Million Pounds [50 Million dollars]

van Persie is 31 now, and was a monster for me last year. I have Hernandez who is injured, Jese, and Welbeck as my alternative strikers, with Timo Werner on loan. Still have 60 Million remaining.

Player: Mario Balotelli
Team who are selling: A.C Milan
Offer: 43 Million Pounds [70 Million dollars]

If I sell van Persie, I'm thinking of buying him, since Benteke recently moved.
deal for van persie, but no deal for balotelli.

Any other alternatives? A good goal machine is what I need, and Ballotelli seems the best option;; Mitrovic just moved, Werner and Zivkovic aren't yet that good, Benteke and Fierro have just moved too//

Any other alternatives? A good goal machine is what I need, and Ballotelli seems the best option;; Mitrovic just moved, Werner and Zivkovic aren't yet that good, Benteke and Fierro have just moved too//
try kevin volland or mauro icardi. look out for regens as well. thats all i can think of for now

Muniain is a suprisingly good striker, as is El Shaarawy. Try go for Lukaku?

Zivkovic didn't develop very good in my save, ended up selling him for 2.5m. But Werner became top class and was sold to Milan for 62m in 2017. So my advice would be to give him as much playing time as you can. And as mentioned above, Lukaku is also a top, top player, especially if you play with a lone striker.

Heh, already did try for Lukaku, went upto 80 million $, Chelsea rejected everytime stating he was indispensable T_T Muniain just moved to PSG, and Milan want 50 Million for Shaarawy.. Lol, didn't think I'd run out of strikers, of all roles >.<

Also,
Player: Andre Schurrle
Team who are Chelsea: Offer: 6.36 Million Pounds [10.25 Million dollars]

Schurrle is transfer listed. I'm thinking I'll just pick him up for left, put Kagawa at AMC, and Rooney up-top at Poacher, until Werner develops[he's out on loan, atm, and from the looks of it, playing well]. Schurrle was brilliant in last year's version, dunno if he's still good.. Either ways, sounds like a bargain, just wanted to make sure..

Heh, already did try for Lukaku, went upto 80 million $, Chelsea rejected everytime stating he was indispensable T_T Muniain just moved to PSG, and Milan want 50 Million for Shaarawy.. Lol, didn't think I'd run out of strikers, of all roles >.<

Also,
Player: Andre Schurrle
Team who are Chelsea: Offer: 6.36 Million Pounds [10.25 Million dollars]

Schurrle is transfer listed. I'm thinking I'll just pick him up for left, put Kagawa at AMC, and Rooney up-top at Poacher, until Werner develops[he's out on loan, atm, and from the looks of it, playing well]. Schurrle was brilliant in last year's version, dunno if he's still good.. Either ways, sounds like a bargain, just wanted to make sure..

Schurrle is perhaps not as good as on earlier FMs, but he's still good and for just 6m it's definitely a good deal.

As for Shaarawy, I paid 35m for him and just sold him to Real Madrid for 50m. He's currently valued at 60m and definitely a world class player, I just didn't want to give in to his wage demands (200k p/w).

Player: Daniel Sturridge
Team you are managing: Liverpool
Team who are buying/selling: Monaco
Offer: 20m (GBP)
Year: 2014/15

Player: Sebastien Corchia
Team who are buying/selling: FC Sochaux-Montebe
Offer: 3.9 (GBP)

I'm not using sturridge much in a central position but on the wing he's been handy and is good positional cover with Moses going back. Corchia is a bit up in the air, he leaked the deal and so theres a buch of clubs after him.

Last edited:
Player: Daniel Sturridge
Team who are buying/selling: Monaco
Offer: 20m (GBP)

Player: Sebastien Corchia
Team who are buying/selling: FC Sochaux-Montebe
Offer: 3.9 (GBP)

I'm not using sturridge much in a central position but on the wing he's been handy and is good positional cover with Moses going back. Corchia is a bit up in the air, he leaked the deal and so theres a buch of clubs after him.

From what I have heard, Sturridge is awful on this year's game, and most people are struggling to get ?7m for him, so definitely deal. I wouldn't go for Corchia either, not great on this version.

Well for 3.9 he's my cover right back as De Sciglio grows into the role, I've just made CL so I've got a fair few games this season and Kelly picks up injuries regularly- he may get sold. Anyway I appreciate the help, I've not owned him (Corchia) before.

Player: Morgan Schneiderlin
Team you are managing: Southampton
Team who are buying/selling: Tottenham
Offer: 10m + (13.75m Over 30 Months) (Overall transfer of 23.75m)

Had a really good season last year and now everyone wants my top players! Already declined transfers for Gaston and Wanyama