gamersnsd906

Reaction score
[14.2] - Pep Guardiola Bayern Munich

Hello everyone, this will be my first tactic ever.

I've always like to use tactics that replicate how teams play in real life. So, for FM14, I read up on how Bayern Munich plays under Pep Guardiola, and decided to try and create my own tactic.

Under Guardiola, Bayern have lined up in a 4-1-4-1 formation, but essentially morphs to a 4-3-3 and back during the course of a match. The single holding midfielder will regularly drop back into defense to provide support, while the full/wingbacks push forward. The inverted wingers will surge forward and cut inside while the central midfielders drift around, up and wide, to provide additional support and overload the opposition. The movement of the striker will vary depending on who's playing; if it's Mandzukic, he will harass the defenders, but if it's say Muller, then he will drop a bit deeper.

Note: The average possession stats is usually around 54-58%. If you really want to dominate in possession (e.g 60-70%), you'd have to get the right players (most importantly the central/holding midfielders). This was tested using Swansea (predicted 10th) without any transfers coming in. I suggest looking at Bayern Munich and Barcelona for player examples.

Note: Updated to 14.3 patch

Formation and Instructions:

View attachment 411579 View attachment 411578

Results:

View attachment 411573 View attachment 411572 View attachment 411571
View attachment 411569 View attachment 411567 View attachment 411561
View attachment 411560 View attachment 411559

Player Stats:

View attachment 411558 View attachment 411557 View attachment 411556

Teamtalks:
Raikan007's Teamtalk Guide Fm14: How to get the right reaction!

Training
Preseason: Set to team cohesion - high - 40-50% on match preparation - tactics only
Season: After tactic is fluid, set to attacking - average - 30% on match preparation - defensive positioning

Opposition Instructions:
None

----------

DOWNLOAD TACTIC HERE:
View attachment 411555

Please test it out and let me know what you think

Last edited:
Played a season with Barcelona (granted they are a quality side) but i'm in April and have won every single game in the season so far. Doesn't score the most and occasionally is poor defensively but somehow continually gets wins. Best tactic for 14.2, well done and thank you very much :)

Note: Possession stats are great... the tactic is a bit like Man City just smashing West Ham, you just feel bad for Sam ;)

Played a season with Barcelona (granted they are a quality side) but i'm in April and have won every single game in the season so far. Doesn't score the most and occasionally is poor defensively but somehow continually gets wins. Best tactic for 14.2, well done and thank you very much :)

Note: Possession stats are great... the tactic is a bit like Man City just smashing West Ham, you just feel bad for Sam ;)
Maybe try switching to "defensive positioning" instead of teamwork? Let me know if that fixes the defensive issues.

Also, can you post some screenshots?

I'm guessing you're Porto? Hmm, I'm trying to figure out how to score more. Like in your screenshot, it shows 17 shots but only scored twice..

Last edited:
I plugged this in as a change up tactic on my NUFC save using Callamity's best (which is same basic shape) and it fits right with how I'm building the roster. Good job.

Nice work, i was looking at doing this myself. How do you get the wide midfielders to cut in mate? Do you have PI to play narrower or is it because they have PPM's to cut inside?

This tactic is very good, for me nearly a plug & play tactic. Strong when do away games.

Just an example: Plugged it in untrained mid-season and lost to Fulham 1-2.

Here it is now fluid against Hull City:

View attachment 435411

Going to start using it probably every fourth or fifth game just as a change up.

Work nice with monaco, but the formation and closing down is still not fluid.

Do you think this will work with Man City?
It should work. Jovetic and Aguero would be ideal for the false nine. For the first season, Park Chu Young became my 1st choice striker because I couldn't get Giroud to score as a false nine or target man. Park ended up scoring 11 goals in ~20 appearances in the BPL

HB with two attacking AP's, bold, i must say, and bizarre. But hey, if it works, right? :) what was the reasoning behind it? sort of deep lying AMC's? most intrigued, will give it a look.

I changed the wing backs into full backs and it seems to be more defensively solid. Managed to beat Real Madrid away and at home. The new version is available on the first page.

HB with two attacking AP's, bold, i must say, and bizarre. But hey, if it works, right? :) what was the reasoning behind it? sort of deep lying AMC's? most intrigued, will give it a look.
I originally had one advanced playmaker partnered with a deep lying one, but it had mixed results. So I thought about it, Kroos/Thiago tend to be attack minded midfielders, so I changed it to two advanced playmakers. It's worked since haha

I would say Kroos and Thiago are support players though, never an all out attacking AP? I would also say that Kroos is maybe a BBM? I mean he does everything for Bayern in defence and attack.

I will try the tactic out, I think the attacking will replicate Bayern perfectly, with all 5 attackers combining well for the goals. But it will be nearly impossible to replicate Bayerns 70+% average possession this season :D

Have you tried replicating the False 9 role of Gotze or Muller when played there instead of Mandzukic? Effectively it's a strikerless formation, whenever I've tried it I end up with hardly any passes in the final third

Updated the first post with a full season using Arsenal. Won the BPL and CL, only failed to win the FA Cup due to penalties and Petr Cech literally running up to the kicker and still managing to jump back to the goal line to catch the ball...

I would say Kroos and Thiago are support players though, never an all out attacking AP? I would also say that Kroos is maybe a BBM? I mean he does everything for Bayern in defence and attack.
Well, what I meant was I thought they're also capable of being more attack minded than simple support midfielders, Thiago definitely more than Kroos. The change to having two AP was also due to the players at Arsenal (Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla)

I've already try many games with your tactic. Very solid and realible.

I tweaked it too make more goals if you dont mind.

SO far as bradford not done too bad. played 5 in league won 4 lost 1-0 to carlisle but dominated possession and chances. Also in the cup beat derby and Sunderland so through to 3rd! love the possession!thanks