FM15 Initial Thoughts

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 112
  • Views Views 37K

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
I know the beta has only been out for a few hours now, but I was wondering what everyone has made of it so far?

Personally I think it is easily the best FM so far. 100% better than FM14. I really like the new ME so far. Only played 2 games so far though.

Some of the new features are really nice too. The new scouting is really good.

Just getting a little confused with old things they have revamped, like the tactics screen. It took my a while to get used to that, but its not too bad now.

I think it's great. The UI revamp has made things a lot more simplified-very clean and easy on the eye. I even like the fact I could pick a local side as a 2nd favourite side. There's some very nice touches in the game.

Like you I'm still struggling to adjust to the tactics screen. I haven't played a game yet lol. Overall though very impressed

Haven't played a game yet but seem impressed. I don't like the side bar but will get used to it I am sure!

Quickly fired up my save with TNS,

Spent an hour looking through the squad..tactics..menu's etc?

Turned it off whilst transferring all the logos and player faces (takes so long!)

But what i made of it, Its great!! Hated the UI at first but it grew on me,

All looks slick and cant wait to get in my pre season tour of england!!

I didn't like the sidebar at first either, but as soon as I got in and started whipping around the menus, I fell in love with it. Eventually it might be nice to collapse it to just icons, but I'm loving it right now.

So far my experience has been fantastic. Loads of potential here. I dig the improvements in scouting, and I think player interaction is going to have a lot more depth. I've only just started to scratch the surface, but I reckon we are in for a great year.

I didn't like the sidebar at first either, but as soon as I got in and started whipping around the menus, I fell in love with it. Eventually it might be nice to collapse it to just icons, but I'm loving it right now.

So far my experience has been fantastic. Loads of potential here. I dig the improvements in scouting, and I think player interaction is going to have a lot more depth. I've only just started to scratch the surface, but I reckon we are in for a great year.

I'm glad you like the scouting. It caused us a lot of trouble, but now it seems to be working just fine, and I think it's quite a big improvement.

Love the side bar, the search bar along the top and the scouting system. Love the whole layout to be honest.

Just played my first competitive game of the season. Didn't play too well but it's expected. Goal we conceded was disapointing. 1 of there players hit it from 25 yards straight at Mignolet who parried out to Zaha. Mignolet just stood still for 4 seconds allowing Zaha to tap in.

Martin Kelly getting sent off on his debut at Anfield :D
View attachment 333374

Last edited:
So jealous of everyone on the game right now can't get to my pc till tomorrow night because I am working!

am finding it hard to navigate in buying new players cant find the old player search system we had last year i like the tactic lay out though feel such a noob

am finding it hard to navigate in buying new players cant find the old player search system we had last year i like the tactic lay out though feel such a noob

Its on the sidebar as "scouting" mate, New game..New layout! We are all noobs :)

Loving all the new details so far, UI is a little cluttered though.

Love the side bar, the search bar along the top and the scouting system. Love the whole layout to be honest.

Just played my first competitive game of the season. Didn't play too well but it's expected. Goal we conceded was disapointing. 1 of there players hit it from 25 yards straight at Mignolet who parried out to Zaha. Mignolet just stood still for 4 seconds allowing Zaha to tap in.

Martin Kelly getting sent off on his debut at Anfield :D
View attachment 695484

Logo pack?

Now i am at work in the peace and quite,

Had a few hours on it and it is fantastic..Used to the layout now..Its so much easier to use!!

The ME is brilliant, Loving the new roles...Verratti in the roaming playmaker role is great, Actually seeing him pulling the strings in midfield is very rewarding!

And Playing Pastore as the Raumdeuter is unstoppable at times! Best FM EVER!!

Only thing that's bugging is creativity changing to vision and it begin between workrate and teamwork, just doesn't look right. Please tell me I'm not alone, haha.

Other than that first impressions are great. The new player roles are going to add another dimension to tatic creating. Can't wait to build a 442 and have a player like David Silva in the wide playmaker role x)

I love the new feel to the game, it feels great, I think this game will actually keep me entertained.

Really like the ME playing decent football some nice additions also, but the graphics are vile and i don't like the red sidebar

loving it so far, the only things that are ******* me of is the layout in the tactic screen and where they have vision

18 hours in-game so far, I've advanced 5 days. Some might wonder how that is even possible, but I assure you it is. Terminating the contracts of all staff members (except for one physio who was decent and allowed to stay) and finding the best possible replacements isn't done in 5 minutes. Assessing the entire squad and finding the best possible replacements isn't done in 5 minutes either. And then there's the wizardry necessary to balance the budgets so I can afford these replacements, not to mention all the scouting. Oh god the scouting, people, the scouting!

Back