18 hours in-game so far, I've advanced 5 days. Some might wonder how that is even possible, but I assure you it is. Terminating the contracts of all staff members (except for one physio who was decent and allowed to stay) and finding the best possible replacements isn't done in 5 minutes. Assessing the entire squad and finding the best possible replacements isn't done in 5 minutes either. And then there's the wizardry necessary to balance the budgets so I can afford these replacements, not to mention all the scouting. Oh god the scouting, people, the scouting!

MY GOD I KNOW THE SCOUTING
I love that it's in-depth, though. I love the new scout reports.
But I have to constantly scout and scout players. ;-;

I prefer fm 2014 player interaction. Can't praise players for winning monthly awards

MY GOD I KNOW THE SCOUTING
I love that it's in-depth, though. I love the new scout reports.
But I have to constantly scout and scout players. ;-;

Yeah, I like how they've tried to revamp the whole scouting part, but it gets a little annoying when you ask for a scout report and all you get back is basically "well he's pretty decent I guess?". Of course, it adds a little extra realism, but I feel they could've tried to balance it a little more so we don't spend several weeks scouting a player who just became available - while in the meantime you miss out on other deals.

Also not a big fan of the tactics overview. I'm sure it's a matter of adjusting, but was it really necessary to remove the role/duty below the players in the tactic overview? That just made it a tad less intuitive for me.

I like it, the new interface is good, will take a few hours to get used to that though, ME seems good.. 1 thing that's annoying me is the tactic screens, they've messed around with that too much for my liking, plus.. not having player roles under the position icon is ******* me off as well, should be given the option to change that in preferences or something, hoping they release a white skin when full game comes out as well because i hate the dark one.

All in i really like it, once i've got used to all the new layouts it will be even better.. also i'm tactically clueless since FM12 (which yes was too easy) so hopefully they'll be some decent tactics up on here soon! :)

After a "busy" night at work,

Can say I am loving this years game! Takes a bit of getting used to and im still seeing new things now..

Much improved from last year! ME is so good and I haven't came across any bugs!

18 hours in-game so far, I've advanced 5 days. Some might wonder how that is even possible, but I assure you it is. Terminating the contracts of all staff members (except for one physio who was decent and allowed to stay) and finding the best possible replacements isn't done in 5 minutes. Assessing the entire squad and finding the best possible replacements isn't done in 5 minutes either. And then there's the wizardry necessary to balance the budgets so I can afford these replacements, not to mention all the scouting. Oh god the scouting, people, the scouting!

Easily done I feel your pain lol

Just did a 9 hour shift at work playing it non stop and Im still in pre season lol

i feel like a real manager after 15 hours of playing this.

i've started off as a half track suit, half tactical manager, with no qualifications to my name and a past history of pro-footballer in the regional standards. not one single player believes in me or thinks i'm worth listening to. still, i've managed to drag them up from a ***** start, to a league cup final, several last minute winners and we're sitting comfortable 2 points ahead of cross town rivals in february.

for the first time in my 5 years playing this game, i feel like i'm actually being challenged and a real sense of enjoyment.

however, i do think it would be convenient if the sidebar could be minimized to icons.

another thing i've noticed is my keeper has made three separate mistakes, coming out of the box, leading to stupid loooooong range goals by the opposition. i've no idea if that's just my keeper or a bug.

but over all, i give this game a massive 8/10 so far

There are some issues with the goalkeepers that SI are aware of, not sure if it applies to your incidents.

I think the layout is not so friendly user like previous FM editions, maybe this can be solved with some skin. Completely agree with the absence of indication of the player role and duty on the tactical grid being really bad, also the player selection to the starting eleven and subs was much easier. Finally, I don't see the logic of having to choose a different role just because I can't change a single PI, example: CWB, I can't tell the player to dribble less and just because of this I have to choose a different role. It's too rigid !!!

Scout reports improved a lot (spent a few time trying to find how to look for new staff), great to see player positioning on the tactical grid depending the role and duty, the ME is also a lot better (new computer coming ?) and finally the SI guys had some common sense and understood that approaching players during matches to motivate them if of vital importance.

A final bad thing that SI don't or can't understand: portuguese B teams are the same as UK reserve teams, the only difference is that our B teams compete in an equivalent british Championship. It must really, really difficult to understand this.

can any one tell me where the option to tutor a player is? cant find it

This game has improved on a lot from FM14. Love the new UI, it's much simpler making it quicker to get where you need to be. ME is much improved so I can now watch it instead of going 2D lol. I can see a few people not enjoying the new tactics screen but I love it, I think it's generally more efficient to use and the roles under the names isn't important at all considering it's on the left where you select the team anyway. Can't wait to get more hours into this great game!!

I can see a few people not enjoying the new tactics screen but I love it, I think it's generally more efficient to use and the roles under the names isn't important at all considering it's on the left where you select the team anyway.

Gonna have to disagree with that. Removing the role/duty from the player grid actually decreases efficiency. Also, the only reason I have to select the role/duty on the left is because that's the only place to do it. I've always dragged players onto the positions I want and then setting their role/duty, but if I drag them now I still have to go to the left side menu to choose role/duty. Not intuitive at all.

Additionally, it doesn't seem like it's possible to right click players to assign them to positions any more. I have to click "pick player" and then choose the player from a dropdown menu. Again, not very intuitive, and decreases efficiency. I don't see any point in removing these features. Hopefully they'll be added back either by SI themselves, or some random Samaritan.

Only thing that's bugging is creativity changing to vision and it begin between workrate and teamwork, just doesn't look right. Please tell me I'm not alone, haha.

Other than that first impressions are great. The new player roles are going to add another dimension to tatic creating. Can't wait to build a 442 and have a player like David Silva in the wide playmaker role x)

Yeah! Vision! WTF? I suppose it makes more sense, creativity is a vague term.

Anyway the players do seem to have a lot more brain power. Quick start with Madrid. I looked at Kroos and thought that having 10 pace would cause him problems. Quite the opposite. He seems to get the ball, then shield it with his body while waiting for a good pass. I don't think I've seen that before. On FM14 slow players seemed to get tackled easily so I always went with pace. Not any more. Great stuff.

Well, i just hate the tactics interface. Removing the player role from the player grid is making 0 sense. Everything looks so ... bad in the tactics menu. All these changes in the UI were made to satisfy the touchscreen players and that is what i hate the most. I wanna play this game with a freakin' mouse like i am playing it for 6 years, not with a **** finger on a screen.

Tactics interface is taking some getting used to but like that my role/mentality changes are reflected in the way the team looks on the pitch. Not as user friendly maybe but seems to be helping me to get to know my squad a lot better? Anyone else find this?

I tried to start a Classic Mode as i've got to go to work later and just wanted to check out the game quickly. I noticed that it won't let me manage in the top divisions? For example in England, I can only select the league up to Championship, and the Premier league is greyed-out and I can't select it?

Not sure if i'm missing something obvious, or it's because it's the beta. Any ideas guys?

Getting the right tactic seems a lot harder this year. I've managed to get a good run going but I feel Plug in Tactics may not work as well as in the past which is kind of good for realism. I trained the squad on tactics with high workload for 2 months and their tactic familiarity was still awkward/competent. I am Real Madrid so the coaches are not an excuse.

Also, I'm not sure if my tactic is the reason for this but more than 50% of the goals I have scored and conceded have come from the wings with the assist being a cross.

I play inside forwards so it's confusing for my wide players to cross more often than shoot when I specifically instruct them to shoot more than the striker(s). Anyone else been scoring from crosses from the wing?

is anyone else struggling with possession? I'm manutd and I can't get over 55-58% :/ and no one seems to follow the short passing instruction, they just boot the ball up the field. Luckily my other tac's are working well, 22 goals scored 3 conc. 60 goals scored 11 conc.