7 hours in and preseason is now over.

That should sum up my initial thoughts quite nicely....

7 hours in and preseason is now over.

That should sum up my initial thoughts quite nicely....

Good to see I'm not the only one spending an hour tweaking stuff before pressing continue.

Roaming Playmaker role is great, much better addition than the ones from last year.

Overall it's good but the RP role is the thing that's stuck out to me as a dramatic improvement, it's the role the game's been trying (and failing) to recreate for years.

It's a good game (obviously) but it took me a few hours to get used to it. I'm about 20 hours into it and really liking it, totally used to the UI but at first I thought it was ugly so give it time to grow for people who don't like it instantly :)

David De Gea saying he wants to talk terms with PSG for Champions League football, I then ask what it would take for him to stay and he says he wants me to promise we'll win it.

Only option for me to say is we can win it by the end of the year (despite not competing in the competition) and yet De Gea wants to do it sooner than that.

Weird one.

Apart from that I am enjoying it, taking me a while to get around but I am getting there!

David De Gea saying he wants to talk terms with PSG for Champions League football, I then ask what it would take for him to stay and he says he wants me to promise we'll win it.

Only option for me to say is we can win it by the end of the year (despite not competing in the competition) and yet De Gea wants to do it sooner than that.

Weird one.

Apart from that I am enjoying it, taking me a while to get around but I am getting there!

Sounds like he called your bluff haha

Weird one.

Had Tim Krul say something similar, asked him what it would take to get him to stay, more than we can offer him :( I got upset with him which turned the whole team against me.

On the subject of Roaming Playmaker. Who would be a list of real life comparisons for me to better understand the role?

I don't think Hazard, Cazorla or Silva fit the description tbh.

"The Roaming Playmaker is the heartbeat of his team, driving forward with the ball to spearhead attacks as well as tracking back to cover defensively. Always offering a passing option to teammates, the Roaming Playmaker must have the physical attributes to maintain a high intensity as well as the technical attributes to stamp his authority on the game.

He will look to pick the ball up in deep positions and work the ball forwards with urgency, all the while keeping up with play. The Roaming Playmaker will often camp on the edge of the penalty area looking for room to shoot or to try that killer ball which creates a goalscoring opportunity."

Hazard is more of an inside forward/wide playmaker, while Cazorla and Silva lack the defensive ability to fit into this category.

Personally I'd say it fits more the like of Yaya Touré. Remember, the Roaming Playmaker is in the DM/MC position, not higher up the pitch.

View attachment 333204
I love the generosity of the board in this year game. I was over on my wage budget as I had spent over my budget in the summer. The options to ask for a wage or transfer budget rise were unavailable yet they give me that much money when I didn't even ask for it.

Perez needs to sort his mind out. Such a **** to work with ;)

I don't think Hazard, Cazorla or Silva fit the description tbh.

Personally I'd say it fits more the like of Yaya Touré. Remember, the Roaming Playmaker is in the DM/MC position, not higher up the pitch.

Yeah, you are right about this. The attacking players like Silva fits Trequarista, which kinda is a roaming playmaker who not needs to defend.

This new role is for DM/MC as you said, I would say almost like box-to-box playmakers. Yaya Toure is a good example, as well as Ramsey/Wilshere and so on.

You're both thinking of the wide playmaker (Mata is another great example).

I'd say Fabregas is probably fulfilling that role at Chelsea currently.

Yup, Fabregas fits the description, along with Wilshere as mentioned.