So in FM16 close down much more for players(TI) is not available?

Changes have been made to a few defaults of roles. That affects previous version's tactics.

Closing down is linked with other tactical decisions and player roles now it seems. You can choose to close down more,but it has to make sense in combination with other decisions.

Closing down is linked with other tactical decisions and player roles now it seems. You can choose to close down more,but it has to make sense in combination with other decisions.

Yes and it had sense in FM15. Now, you can't set simultaneously close down much more in TI and PI. Without that tactic is not working properly. When u import old tactic from FM15... Tadam! Close down much more in TI and PI :D.

Ryan Hardie from Rangers is a BEAST! hes 18 and looks the part stat wise to develop, I have been playing him in first team as Rangers are in a **** league. 5 goals in 5 games so far.

After seeing this post,I decided to buy him for my Leeds team and he does seem good! 3 goals 1 assist in 5 games is a good start.

Any idea where to get just the beta key from? I got one last year but can't remember where from, think it cost me something like £1.40.

It seems like they've been more lenient with players' 'natural' positions this year

It seems like they've been more lenient with players' 'natural' positions this year
It's because 18-20 is now picked up as Natural Positions, where in the past it was only 20.

Can I just say Manchester City are probably the best team in the entire game this year round - which makes the Premier League a challenge if you play with United, Arsenal, etc. Chelsea are strong overall but City just have a huge squad and injuries will not stop them, they just bought Sergio Busquets from me at £57m... so I got Ozil for £60m instead having signed Pogba in January ;)

Squad looks like this:

4d662ced25e25293eeb3c57a5c16b94d.png

Won everything except Super Cup (lost to Sevilla), that other one and the Champions League (******* Man City are OP) but I should be able to win it this year round with that squad, even though imo I have zero depth right now and I will bring in more loans and youth players - still think Man City would beat me in a competitive game because of their defence and... Aguero.

Last edited:
i might be stupid but how do you train players to new positions?

Here is the tactic screenshot changed the language to english ^^View attachment 967571 it didnt had any set pieces as i can't figure some that work, the preset of the game will give you some goals specially if you put the to short corners but i found that defending set pieces are very dificult to set them to work. I used OI's from TFF FM15 thread and also manual marking.

Cheers for posting this Omaxo!

Started using this myself mid-season with Man Utd. Moved the CM to center and didn't bother with man marking though. Attacking movement training. OIs from TFF thread as you said. Worked very well, bit boring in terms of goals scored, but defense was amazing.

View attachment 218283

15 conceded in 38 matches in all competitions after I started using it. 7 in the 23 league matches, and 18 clean sheets in those. Won league, FA Cup and ECC.

Had to rely on Martial, Wilson and Gabriel Barbosa up front as Depay got injured for 4 months and Rooney went mental in January and started missing more training sessions than he scored goals. He's rotting in the reserves now as no one wants him. Think if I get a couple of world class strikers (or wait for Martial, Depay, Barbosa to become it) this will be amazing. Not to mention someone figuring out a decent corner routine, cause so far I haven't had any luck with those.

Has anyone started a save and is doing well with lower end BPL team's Watford, Bournemouth ect

Im currently mid table flirting with top 10 with palace. Seems a lot harder this year though still haven't found a killer tactic

All my goals are the same, crosses from the wingbacks, mainly RB. My mrs. is playing too, using a completely different tactic & the same thing. Crosses from RB, literally 90% of goals.

Your Mrs is playing?!?! ...I salute you Sir.

any1 else started unemployed? (H)

or is it probably just me? :D

I started a save unemployed , I applied for a job in Scottish National league 2 with a team called Annan I think got the job but haven't played a game with them yet.