Well done on the double and unlucky on the Champions League. How have Liverpool and Coventry faired out on your save?

Well done on the double and unlucky on the Champions League. How have Liverpool and Coventry faired out on your save?

Cheers mate. So bare in mind I've had England switched off for a lot of this and League 1 has never been switched on so Cov really haven't been up to much.

Coventry

View attachment 89983
View attachment 89982
View attachment 89981
Liverpool have been a little more interesting. Their best period looks like it was when the league was off, so I guess under Klopp. Their manager now seems to be a man in demand so perhaps another relatively successful period is on the horizon.

Liverpool

View attachment 89977
View attachment 89974
View attachment 89971View attachment 89968

Borussia Dortmund - German Bundesliga - 2042/43 Season

Season Review

View attachment 1120519
View attachment 89964
Another year with a very impressive set of average ratings. Kind of unexpectedly Arkadiusz Janicki, my first signing for Dortmund, has made it into the all-time best 11. He’s made 208 appearances for the club in his 8 years here, scoring 41 goals, making another 45, with an average rating of 7.36.

View attachment 89963
Pla wins player of the season and it wansn’t really a competition, he has been outstanding this season and is in the conversation for the Ballon D’or. Gouveris got goal of the season for an incredible effort in our victory parade against Bayern on the final day of the season. Last league goal of the season and it’s the best one, well worth the wait. Retting gets young player of the season despite missing a considerable chunk of the season. No signing of the season as we didn’t make any.

View attachment 89962
Nobody was able to catch up with Rettig meaning he finished top scorer. Pla got the best average rating and Daalmeijer got the most assists with an impressive 17. Miranda takes over for Herrera at the top of the pass completion stats. Rettig and Pla ended tied on most man of the match awards with 5 each.

View attachment 89961
Medina comes second in footballer of the year, but Adomat beats Medina to second in players player of the year. Weird that Pla is nowhere to be seen on either.

View attachment 89960
I win both manager of the year and players manager of the year, again.

View attachment 89959
We get four players in the players team of the year but Gouveris doesn’t make it into the team of the year all the other do.

View attachment 89958
Pla finished 3rd​ in the Ballon D’or. Wolfsburg old-boy Schofield has gone on to be an absolute legend of the game.

Cheers mate. So bare in mind I've had England switched off for a lot of this and League 1 has never been switched on so Cov really haven't been up to much.

At least we've won the league lmao. Cheers for that though!

We couldn't come to an agreement neavie pops...

View attachment 89847
With my contract running out and not wanting to work on a month-to-month deal I made the difficult decision to leave Dortmund after 8 years at the club. In terms of what’s next, well the Arsenal job is no longer available as the Juventus manager took that. But that does leave the Juventus post vacant. With not much else on offer I will submit an application for that.

Before moving on to anything else I will take stock of my achievements in my career so far:

Hvidovre Idrætsforening
: 21/11/2016 – 08/10/2020

Manager Stats:

Games Played – 131, Games Won – 58, Games Drawn – 36, Games Lost – 37, Goals For – 177, Goals Against – 144, Goal Difference – +33, Win Percentage – 44%.

Competition Record:

2016/17 - Danish Second Division - 13th​*
2017/18 - Danish Second Division - 2nd​(P), DBU Pokalen - 3rd​ R
2018/19 - Danish First Division - 8th​, DBU Pokalen - 1st​ R
2019/20 - Danish First Division - 4th​, DBU Pokalen - 2nd​ R
2020/21 - Danish First Division - 8th​**, DBU Pokalen - 2nd​ R

* - relegation stage only, ** - first period only

Achievements:

Promoted from the Danish Second division 2017/18 season.

Randers Football Club
: 08/10/2020 – 31/05/2026

Manager Stats:

Games Played – 271, Games Won – 152, Games Drawn – 50, Games Lost – 69, Goals For – 478, Goals Against – 271, Goal Difference – +207, Win Percentage – 56%.

Competition Record:

2020/21 - Danish Superliga - 13th​* [Relegation Stage: Group - 3rd​, Playoff - W], DBU Pokalen - 4th​R
2021/22 - Danish Superliga - 3rd​, DBU Pokalen - SF
2022/23 - Danish Superliga - 2nd​, DBU Pokalen - QF, Europa League - 1st​ KOR [G(1st​)]
2023/24 - Danish Superliga - 3rd​, DBU Pokalen - 4th​R, Champions League - PO, Europa League - G(4th)
2024/25 - Danish Superliga - 2nd​, DBU Pokalen - W, Europa League - 1st​ KOR [G(2nd​)]
2025/26 - Danish Superliga - C, DBU Pokalen - F, Europa League - 1st​ KOR [G(2nd​)]

Trophies:

DBU Pokalen – 2024/25, Danish Superliga – 2025/26

Awards:

Danish Superliga Manager of the Year – 2022, Danish Superliga Manager of the Year 3rd​ place – 2023, 2025

Austrian National Football Team
: 26/07/2026 – 14/07/2030

Manager Stats:

Games Played – 45, Games Won – 31, Games Drawn – 7, Games Lost – 7, Goals For – 150, Goals Against – 45, Goal Difference – +105, Win Percentage – 68%.

Competition Record:

2026 – UEFA European Nations League Division A - 3rd​(R)
2027 – UEFA European Championship Qualifiers - 1st​
2028 – UEFA European Championships - QF[G(1st​)], UEFA European Nations League Division B - 1st​(P)
2029 – FIFA World Cup European Qualifying - 1st​
2030 – FIFA World Cup - 1st​ KOR [G(2nd​)]

Achievements:

Promoted from European Nations League Division B 2028.

Verein für Leibesübungen Wolfsburg e. V
: 23/12/2031 – 15/06/2035

Manager Stats:

Games Played – 165, Games Won – 101, Games Drawn – 27, Games Lost – 37, Goals For – 355, Goals Against – 164, Goal Difference – +191, Win Percentage – 61%.

Competition Record:

2031/32 - Bundesliga - 6th​*, Europa League - 1st​ KOR**
2032/33 - Bundesliga - 3rd​, DBF-Pokal - F, Europa League - F[G(2nd​)]
2033/34 - Bundesliga - 3rd​, DBF-Pokal - SF, Champions League - G(3rd​), Europa League - 1st​ KOR
2034/35 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - 2nd​ R, Champions League - 1st​ KOR [G(1st​)]

Trophies:

Bundesliga – 2034/35

Awards:

Bundesliga Manager of the Year – 2035, Bundesliga Player’s Manager of the Year – 2035, Bundesliga Manager of the Year 3rd​ place – 2033, Bundesliga Player’s Manager of the Year 3rd​ place – 2033.

Ballspielverein Borussia 09 e.V. Dortmund
: 15/06/2035 – 23/06/2043

Manager Stats:

Games Played – 413, Games Won – 316, Games Drawn – 48, Games Lost – 49, Goals For – 1064, Goals Against – 284, Goal Difference – +780, Win Percentage – 76%.

Competition Record:

2035/36 - Bundesliga - 3rd​, DBF-Pokal - 3rd​ R, Europa League – W [G(1st​)]
2036/37 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - F, Champions League – QF [G(1st​)], UEFA Super Cup - F
2037/38 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - W, Champions League – SF [G(1st​)], DFL-Supercup - W
2038/39 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - SF, Champions League – SF [G(1st​)], DFL-Supercup - W
2039/40 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - F, Champions League – W [G(2nd​)], DFL-Supercup - W
2040/41 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - 3rd​ R, Champions League – SF [G(1st​ )], Club World Cup - W, DFL-Supercup - W, UEFA Super Cup - W
2041/42 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - SF, Champions League - 1st​ KOR [G(1s t)], DFL-Supercup - W
2042/43 - Bundesliga - C, DBF-Pokal - W, Champions League - QF, DFL-Supercup – F

Trophies:

Bundesliga – 2036/37, 2037/38, 2038/39, 2039/40, 2040/41, 2041/42, 2042/43, DBF-Pokal – 2037/38, 2042/43, Europa League – 2035/36, Champions League – 2039/40, DFL-Supercup – 2037/38, 2038/39, 2039/40, 2040/41, 2041/42, Club World Cup – 2040.

Awards:

Bundesliga Manager of the Year – 2037, 2038, 2040, 2042, 2043, Bundesliga Player’s Manager of the Year – 2037, 2038, 2040, 2042, 2043, Bundesliga Manager of the Year runner up – 2039, 2041, Bundesliga Player’s Manager of the Year runner up – 2039, 2041.

Achievements:

UEFA Super Cup runners up 2036/37, DBF-Pokal runners up 2036/37, 2039/40, DFL-Supercup runners up 2042/43. Topped both richest club and club rankings.

Overall

Manager Stats:

Games Played – 1025, Games Won – 658, Games Drawn – 168, Games Lost – 199, Goals For – 2224, Goals Against – 908, Goal Difference – +1316, Win Percentage – 64%.

Trophies:

DBU Pokalen x1, Danish Superliga x1, Bundesliga x8, DBF-Pokal x2, Europa League x1, Champions League x1, DFL-Supercup x5, Club World Cup x1.

Awards:

Bundesliga Manager of the Year x6, Bundesliga Player’s Manager of the Year x6, Danish Superliga Manager of the Year x1.

Rankings:

Rated all-time best German manager, best Dortmund manager, greatest ever Welsh manager, 15th​ in the world all-time best managers, and 17th​ in the all-time best European managers.

View attachment 89846
Interestingly Roger Machado, the PSG manager, has replaced me at Dortmund. That leaves the PSG job also vacant, an even more interesting proposition. Juventus gave me an interview and offered me the job on E46k pw, a slight pay increase. I will hold out to see if PSG offer me anything, if they can match that I think I will go there.

View attachment 89845
They did offer me the job, and matched what Juventus offered so I will be switching seats with Roger Machado.

View attachment 89844
So I make the relatively short, 6 hour, move from Dortmund to Paris. Looking at my 26-year journey so far, if I were to drive it in one go it would take a mere 33 hours.

With the kind of money I am on here at PSG I am able to afford a small apartment in the city quite easily. I’m building up something of a property portfolio in the wake of my management career.

The first 11 going into the season looks as follows:

View attachment 89843
Solid enough looking 'keeper, only 27, he's no Venancio though. Will have a season to prove himself to me.

View attachment 89842
Gimenez comes in from Barcelona for E24m and is probably first choice. Right back is a weak area for us.

View attachment 89841
Renan is a quality looking centre back, a bit of a monster too, and is our best free kick taker, I fancy him to get a few goals from both free kicks and corners.

View attachment 89840
Thielemann is a real legend of the game who has been at PSG for many years now. I had my eye on him before he came here. At 33 though he is on the decline. I've triggered a years extension for him but I will be looking to replace him in the not too distant future and I have someone in mind.

View attachment 89839
A player who I have worked with before. Way back when I was Austria manager I gave him his debut as a 17 year old. Since then he has made 120 appearances for Austria and played for Man Utd and PSG, not a bad spot.

View attachment 89837
I'm absolutely delighted to be linking up with Schofield again. We picked him up from Sunderland in the championship at Wolfsburg. He left for PSG since we left. He's the current holder of the Ballon D'or, he's won it the last two years running. He's also won world player of the year and world golden ball twice too. Another decent spot.

View attachment 89836
Another player I had my eye on but PSG pinched from under my nose. This guy has been the undisputed best ball winning midfielder in the world for donkeys years now. Again he's on the way out a bit, but again I have my eye on a replacement.

View attachment 89835
Quality player Svensson, bit of a weird but useful one though. His best position is Raumdeuter but can play anywhere down the right flank. I've fancied trying my hand at a 343 at some point and he is perfect for it so it might come out at some point.

View attachment 89834
This is a signing of Machado's before he left but no complaints from me. I had contemplated accepting a E122m bid off Real Madrid for Kristian Berthelsen and signing this guy as his replacement. He's a quality player who is equally comfortable in attacking midfield or deep lying playmaker.

View attachment 89833
Again this is Machado's signing but it is a sensational one, and one I would have made at dormund last season for sure if I hadn't decided to only bring in German players. This guy will go out on the left and I am excited to see what he can do.

View attachment 89832
I mentioned this guy a few seasons ago when he went to PSG. He really terrorised me when he was at RBL in the Bundesliga. Another player I am really excited to work with.

In addition to the players mentioned above I have brought in a few more:

View attachment 89831
A backup 'keeper brought in for a bargain E3.4m from INTER.

View attachment 89830
Not sure if this will go down as one of my best signings but Saidi comes in for E45m from Lens to act as 3rd choice striker with a view to him developing into a 2nd maybe 1st choice (but probably not) striker one day. In reality he will probably stagnating and leaving but if we get a good few years out of him E45m aint bad at this level.

View attachment 89829
Last signing, for now. Petkovic comes in for E30m from Southampton. He will challenge Kellnreitner for the starting spot. He wasn't the man I really wanted. RBL have an unreal left back prospect I tried to get when I brought in Franke from RBL. They wanted E150m for him though so I will wait see if he hands in a transfer request or see if I can get him for cheaper when he is closer to the end of his contract.

There is a limit to foreign players here in France and I am already maxed out and have shipped some out. On top of this two of the players I want to bring in to replace ageing player will count as foreign so expect some more action in January.

There is some dodgey pictures for them regens in there haha! Congrats on bouncing back pretty quickly

still great to follow. cant believe you were at Dortmund for so long!

Awesome. Managing PSG is a definite long-term ambition for my current journeyman save. Looks like a class, if slightly ageing team there.

Personally I'd have preferred Juve as I've always had a soft spot for the Old Lady (Juventus that is, not actual old ladies) but glad to see you back in management quickly and hopefully a few more leagues titles and some European glory won't be too far off

Thanks for the continued support guys, thought it might be more interesting for you lot if I moved on, it's certainly reinvigorated me. I never thought I would stay as long as I did at Dortmund but nothing has gone as I thought it would on this save really. (neavie pops - I was REALLY tempted by Juve, I'm thinking I try to win the Champions league here then try get that job next time it comes up)

Paris Saint-Germain - Ligue 1 - 2043/44 Season

View attachment 89508

Pre-Season

View attachment 89505
The friendlies went well, I don’t think I was there for the first three. Looking forward to getting stuck into the season as the squad looks strong.

View attachment 89504
The Trophee des Champions is basically the community shield/DFL-Supercup equivalent in France. After a worrying start to my first (semi-) competitive match we ended up putting Rennais to the sword.

Ligue 1

View attachment 89507View attachment 89506
In the league things have been going very well, baring a freak result (a real hard fm-ing) against Guingamp. All but one match we have won.

View attachment 89503
That obviously puts us top of the table, and at the end of December, 18-points clear at the top.

View attachment 89502
As you would expect from the results we’ve been challenging at the top right from the off.

Coupe de la Ligue

View attachment 89501
We’ve only had the one domestic cup game, against Lille, which we won to put us into the quarter final of the Coupe de la Ligue against Bordeaux.

Champions League

View attachment 89500
Things have gone just as smoothly in the champions league.

View attachment 89499
We topped our group, which City aside was a pretty easy one.

View attachment 89498
This puts us into the first knockout round against Napoli, a side we really should be beating.

Awards

View attachment 89496
View attachment 89497
The end of year awards saw Gori win world player of the year and world golden ball. This is a player who I consider my second-choice right winger.

View attachment 89495
Across the subs and first team 7 of our players make it into the world team of the year.

View attachment 89494
Our old boy Pla wins French player of the year but attacking midfielder Casablanca comes third. This is the first time that I am getting good performances from the players playing in the attacking midfielder (advanced playmaker) role (including the 2nd​ choice).

View attachment 89493
Matthew Blevins wins the Ligue 1 foreign player of the year with an impressive return of 27 goals in 34 games.

Last edited:
It has been easy neavie pops, I've enjoyed myself in France so far that is for sure.

View attachment 89216

Transfers

View attachment 89215
After looking around I think this guy may be the best ball winning midfielder out there. He’s not the finished article but I think he has a lot of potential, although my coaches don’t really seem to think so. He comes in for E34.5m and he is rated at E52m so he must be a decent signing.

View attachment 89214
Munoz is another player I was monitoring at Dortmund. He’s better than Gimenez and comes in as first choice for just E17.5m, a good signing I think.

View attachment 89213
Final signing comes in as a bit of a panic buy on deadline day with our current second choice winger leaving to free up funds for a new left winger who won’t be arriving for 18 months. For a free transfer he’s not bad.

Ligue 1

View attachment 89212
Not quite as good as the first half of the season but we had the league wrapped up early so I decided to concentrate on the cups.

View attachment 89211
It’s been a pretty easy first season here in France, which is pretty much what I expected, but turns out I like winning.

Coupe de la Ligue

View attachment 89210
We had some decent results on the way to the final. A little closer than I would have liked against Reims but we’re through to play Lyon in the final.

View attachment 89209
We put in a good performance against Lyon in the final in what was a pretty easy win to pick up our second trophy of the season (the league would make that the 3rd​).

Coupe de France

View attachment 89208
Had to show a screenshot of this. This is up there as one of my better results, but I don’t thinks I’ve ever had two players get a 10 in the same match before.

View attachment 89207
You’ve already seen our first result against Besancon in the 9th​ round, I couldn't fit the 10th round in, (maybe that means there are too many rounds) after that we squeaked through against Toulouse in the 11th​ round eventually making it to the final.

View attachment 89206
A great performance in the final this time around to give us a domestic clean sweep.

Champions League

View attachment 89205
It’s also gone well in the champions league where we’ve made it through to the final after a thrilling two legs against Bayern, where we will play Spurs, who have run away with the Premier League.

View attachment 89204
We made surprisingly light work of Spurs to make it a complete clean sweep in our debut season. I’m chuffed with the win as I am now looking to win the champions league in more countries than anyone else. I think Mourinho has the record with 4.

Squad Stats

View attachment 89203View attachment 89202

Not a bad season then! Looks like a class team. You looking to put down some roots and stay for a while?

@Sammuthegreat I'm definately going to stay for the club world cup and to try and retain the champions league. If I don't then I will leave when Barcelona/Real/Juventus job comes up. If I do retain it I will keep going until I don't win the champions league. This is all about hall of fame points for me now, but also I want to win the champions league in Germany, France, Spain, Italy and England, nobody has done that in this save.

Season Review/Awards

View attachment 89174
View attachment 89173
Malandro wins Ligue 1 star goalkeeper. I’m not fully convinced, but he isn’t a priority to replace either.

View attachment 89172
Malandro makes it into the team of the season too so maybe I’m being harsh but he has definitely lost us two games single handed. He’s join in the team of the season by Casabianca, Thielemann and new boy Giminez.

View attachment 89171
Telecha gets the most assists in the league, which apparently is an award here in France. He’s had a great debut season.

View attachment 89170
Another award for Malandro.

View attachment 89169
Another team of the season, this one has Jourdain (backup CB) and Schofield in it too.

View attachment 89168
Blevins comes second in the champions league golden boot with 10 goals, he’s beaten by Bayern’s striker Rojas who scored a very impressive 13 goals.

View attachment 89167
Three of our players made it into the champions league dream team: Blevins, Thielemann and Renan.

View attachment 89166
The seasons best 11 looks like this. No 8’s but some good ratings for sure. I was very happy with both backup strikers getting 18 goals. Svensson makes it into the overall best 11.

View attachment 89165
Blevins unsurprisingly wins player of the season. He’s been excellent and has lived up to the hype I gave him. Renan wins goal of the season for a nice free-kick. Munoz gets signing of the season. I was pleased with that at the time and he’s played well in his first half season. Young striker Saidi gets young player of the season, he scored some wondergoals for us and when Blevins went off the boil for a few games won or got us draws in 4 games on the bounce.

View attachment 89164
42 goals, an average rating of 7.79 and 8 man of the matches for player of the season Blevins who also tops the goals, rating and motm charts. Telechea got 28 assists, 12 in the league to win him top assists for the league in addition to the club. Alsfield gets the highest pass completion, doing exactly what I am after in the ball winner role, break up play, make the short passes to creative players.

View attachment 89163
A 1, 2 in the best player in Europe. Belvins wins it Telechea comes second. Player I’ve got my eye on in 3rd​ there.

View attachment 89162
Elsewhere in the European championships Rettig’s impressive careers continues winning the golden boot. Blevins came third and another of my old players Filippazzo comes second (he’s at Spurs now and having a great time of it over there). Blevins did win the best goal of the tournament, with Schofield coming second.

Not a bad season I suppose :p Surprised how easy the CL was for you, looked like only Bayern gave you any trouble