New format works for me mate, to be honest I skimmed over the match reports to see the monthly summary anyway.

Tough season so far but I reckon you can pull it off.

Also - definitely a nice goal, that

Borussia Dortmund - German Bundesliga - 2039/40 Season

View attachment 1118853

League

View attachment 91457
Second half of the season we have been fantastic. Just the one blip against Wolfsburg where we lost, and it was a harsh result too.

View attachment 91456
That form was enough to win us (white) the league. Wolfsburg (green) must be feeling like the Tories after this election, how did they throw away such a big lead. It’s made it more exciting but I wouldn’t want it to go like this every season. I much prefer having things wrapped up early on. Elsewhere Bayern (blue) have done well to recover from an awful start and finish 3rd​.

View attachment 91455
Here’s the final table, we actually won the league by 6 points in the end amazingly. Wolfsburg really stuttering at the end there.

German Cup

View attachment 91454
We eased through to the final in the German Cup where we will face BMG, who squeaked past Wolfsburg.

View attachment 91453
Terrible game this. We were very wasteful in front of goal. Our cause was severely hampered by Marcelo getting himself sent off. Despite that we stayed in the game and created chances. The game went to extra time, and in the second half of that, in the 118th​ minute Reisinger gave away a penalty which they converted.

Champions League

View attachment 91452
We go one better than the previous two years, making it to the final. Beating some good sides along the way.

View attachment 91451
A good result away against Atletico to get us into the semis. We were unlucky in that away leg to Chelsea. For the home leg we went out 433 as we had nothing left to lose. It went to extra time but we came out winners in the end. Putting us in the final against PSG, a team I have struggled with, and full of ex-players of mine.

View attachment 91450
I was forced into the 433 for this game almost. No one was left to play on the left with Pla, Grassi, Ersoy and Kuqi out injured. Miranda and Daalmeijer were forced into playing up front as strikers. We got a reasonably early goal and went into half time with the lead. I decided to drop back a bit half time going to a makeshift 451. This allowed them back into the game but they had a man sent off which helped us to go on and win the game, and the competition.

Squad Stats

View attachment 91449View attachment 91448
Here's the squad stats for the full season. Best players and awards will be in an end of season post.

45 goals from a 20-year-old... very nice! Would love to see a screenshot of Rettig, he seems like a class act. Home-grown, yes?

Also - Dedic and Grassi must have some pretty epic overall career stats for your club now. Seems like they've been absolute Dortmund legends.

Thanks neavie pops, it's ended up being a **** of a season, really close to a clean sweep of trophies. Crazy as it started off so bad.

Sammuthegreat:

View attachment 91345
My assistant thinks he wont develop any more, just have to wait and see. Got good stats where he needs them for a complete forward, not the best striker in the world by any means but he plays well for us. He’s from 30 mins down the road from Dortmund, came through the youth system, proper local lad. Just seen on his info screen while I was getting this screen shot that his long term plan is to captain the club so looks like he plans to stick around.

View attachment 91344
Here's Grassi’s overall league vitals. He is a legend at the club. I brought him in as a stop-gap/competition for Baumer but he’s played so well since he’s been here it’s been unreal. Somehow he hasn’t made it even on the subs of the Dortmund all time best 11 (despite being a legend at the club), but his stats in all competitions are 162 games, 71 goals, 77 assists, and a 7.57 average rating.

View attachment 91343
Dedic on the other hand somehow is not regarded as a legend (yet surely), but is in the all-time best 11. For the first team he’s made 236 appearances, scoring 73 goals, making 100 assists, getting an average rating of 7.46. Another local lad who’s come through the youth system Dedic is again from just a half hour down the road.

Season Review

View attachment 1118968
View attachment 91342
Nice press item in the inbox. Not quite at legendary status just yet but only one other Dortmund manager can boast a champions league win.

View attachment 91341View attachment 91340
**** of a breakthrough season at Dortmund for Rettig. Only a goal away from league goalscoring record as well as the overall goalscoring record.

View attachment 91339
He was rewarded for his exploits with both the German Footballer of the Year and Player’s Player of the Year awards. With Gouveris coming runner up in the former.

View attachment 91338
He also managed to pip Filippazzo to the top goalscorer award too with a flurry of goals towards the end of the season.

View attachment 91337
This year I did win manager of the year and player’s manager of the year, after a somewhat inexplicable year off last year.

View attachment 91336
No quite the usual Dortmund dominance in the team of the year. Corominas made it only into the player’s team of the year.

View attachment 91335
This year 3 of our players, Marcelo, Medina and Corominas make it into the Champions league dream team. I can’t recall any of our players managing this before.

View attachment 91334
Some good high numbers here, plenty in the mid 7s but none pushing for the 8s. Not bad after a poor start.

View attachment 91333
Daalmeijer wins player of the season after a great debut campaign, also thanks to a bit of an off season from Dedic. Rettig wins goal of the season, ‘keeper Venancio, who has been brilliant, just what we needed, gets signing of the season. Daalmeijer also wins player of the season.

View attachment 91332
Just the 45 goals for Retting. That’s a new Dortmund record in his first season. He also won 12 man of the match awards, again, a new Dortmund record. Daalmijer finishes the season with an impressive average rating of 7.69. Dedic provided the most assists with 16. Herrera, as usual has finishes the season with the highest pass completion. And in the naughty corner are Corominas and the other Rettig with 14 yellow cards and 2 red cards respectively.

View attachment 91331
Finally, Rettig won the European Golden Shoe for his exploits in front of goal. Let's hope he hasn't peaked in his first season.

Borussia Dortmund - German Bundesliga - 2040/41 Season

Pre-Season

View attachment 1119059
View attachment 91260
With our champions league win we move up in the club coefficient rankings for Europe up to first. Surely that makes us the de facto best team in the world?

View attachment 91259
Had my eye on this guy since I was at Wolfsburg, I missed out on him as he went to Barcelona. He was available for a bargain price of E26m (potentially rising to E36m). His wages are high but I think he’s worth it. [Message from the future: he’s totally worth it, he’s Effen amazing].

View attachment 91258
I lost the run of myself a bit with this transfer. I spent way too much but I’ve been after this kid for 3 seasons now, and I had no one else to spend the money on really. He comes in for E81m possibly rising to E104m.

View attachment 91257
I would have like to keep von Ahlen, he’s been a good servant of the club in my time here but he wanted a new challenge. We got a quite tidy E31m (potentially rising to E45m) for him so I’m pretty happy with that.

View attachment 91256
Serkan Erdem has been kicking around the seconds for a while now waiting for an opportunity which has now arrived with von Ahlen leaving. I think he is a more than adequate replacement without having to spend a cent.

I've reached a point where things are quite quiet on the transfer front. I'm happy with the squad, it's just a matter of replacing players that do leave and can't be replaced from within and picking up and top youth prospects or potential bargains we find.

Top work

Mate just read through the whole thing and it's ****** impressive. Just wanted to know what your plans for the long term are, seeing as you've got an EU nationality have you set any other goals? Maybe going to a Madrid or Barcelona?
Also could you do a quick tactics screenshot just in terms of shape etc. ?
Cheers and again keep up the good work!

Mate just read through the whole thing and it's ****** impressive. Just wanted to know what your plans for the long term are, seeing as you've got an EU nationality have you set any other goals? Maybe going to a Madrid or Barcelona?
Also could you do a quick tactics screenshot just in terms of shape etc. ?
Cheers and again keep up the good work!

Alright mate, the tactics I've been using for most of the time I've been at Dortmund and Wolfsburg are super basic, and look like this.

View attachment 91223
View attachment 91222
The tactical side of the game has never been what I am good at. Historically I have just downloaded a tactic and used that. It doesn't work the way it used to on the newer games by design so this is the first game I've gone it on my own so to speak. What I have found is first an formost wingers are beast. Work it wide cross it in has been the name of the game for me and worked well for me. I tweak things like tempo, be more expressive, time wasting depending on the situation in the match. Also I the attacking midfield position is consistently largely ineffectual to the point where I always sacrifice that position when a man down and it rarely makes much difference.

In terms of goals, I have some laid out.
  • I want to be Dortmund's best ever manager. I might arguable have done this already but I want there to be no question.
  • I want to be the most successful manager in Germany. I'm currently 6th, screenshot below.
  • I want Dortmund to win the most consecutive league titles. Bayern have the record with 10 in a row, we're currently on 4. (I originally wanted to make Dortmund the most successful club in Bundesliga history but Bayern are too far ahead for me to be arsed).
  • Beyond that I want to break into the top 10 most successful managers of all time worldwide, potentially going top. I'm currently not even in the top 20, and Pep and Emery had ridiculous careers at City and PSG (worryingly Pep is still going), screenshot below. Top 10 is very doable, doing the above should have me close.
I will leave Dortmund, in 6 seasons as it stands, less if I miss out on a title. I have given myself a rule I don't want to go to a club that has already won the league more times than any other. So that rules out Man. Utd. Real Madrid, PSG and Juventus. Clubs I am keeping an eye on are Barcelona, Man. City, Arsenal and Liverpool. I would consider Chelsea, Porto, Zenit, Spartak and PSV. Chelsea are a little too far behind Utd., the others are in leagues not quite in the top tier making it harder to move up the hall of fame. I would always consider the Swansea and Wales jobs, if I was to take the former I would have to reassess my goals. I was almost tempted to leave Dortmund this summer as Emery retired and kicked off the mother of all manager merry-go-rounds, with the Barcelona, Juventus INTER jobs available to name but a few.

View attachment 91221
View attachment 91220

View attachment 1119104

League

View attachment 91218
Honestly, it’s been really smooth sailing so far. Probably the best we’ve looked in my time here. The BMG game was a blip, was fairly even we just failed to score. The Schalke game we HAMMERED them, but were wayward with our shooting.

View attachment 91217
We’ve been comfortably top all season, but find ourselves in second having played 3 less games than Bayern due to the Club World Championships, more on that later.

View attachment 91216
Here’s the history graph, we went top early, only giving up pole position due to playing fewer games. We’ll have it back in no time.

Cup

View attachment 91215
Just the 2 games in the cup so far, not sure why. Perhaps related to the CWC again. Two comfortable wins, we got into double figures again in the first round with not even a full-strength side on the pitch.

View attachment 91214
In the 3rd​ round we’ll face Stuttgart, but after the winter break.

Champions League

View attachment 91213
Pretty much the same story in the Champions League as in the Bundesliga. We were handed a pretty easy group, and have made quite easy work of it.

View attachment 91212
We sit comfortably top, without a single loss in the group stage.

View attachment 91211
And this time we actually do get an easier tie for coming top of the group. We’ll face Shakhtar in the first knock out round. No disrespect to them but I would be very disappointed if we didn’t make it through to the quarter finals.

Club World Championships

View attachment 91210
Now on to the big one, at least for me anyway since I learned that you get more hall of fame points for winning the club world cup than you do for winning the champions league. We come in at the semi-final stage and face Club America, by no means a bad side. We beat them comfortably however and made it through to the final. As I would expect.

View attachment 91209
In the final we faced Al-Ahli, have to say I was expecting Sao Paulo. This was even easier than Club America and we win the cup, and more importantly, some nice easy hall of fame points.

View attachment 91208
And in winning that trophy I move from favoured personnel to icon. I hope to make it to legend before I leave the club.

Squad Stats

View attachment 91207View attachment 91206

still enjoying following this. looking forward to seeing how high up you get on the hall of fame(s)

Thanks guys, glad there's still interest. At some point I may just do end of season updates if it is dragging a bit at Dortmund.

View attachment 1119184

Winter Break

View attachment 91141
World team of the year comes through and Grassi and Effenberg are in the first team with Rettig on the bench. Two more of my players in Tom Schofield and Javier Cantu are in the first team.

View attachment 91140
For a second consecutive season Rettig is named as European Golden Boy as his promising career picks up pace.

All quiet on the transfer front, which is good. I've managed to fend off interest in my best players again. I suppose it helps being one of the best and richest teams in the world.

Bundesliga

View attachment 91139
Reasonably plane sailing again in the second half of the season we did hit something of an iceberg in the two games away at our two closest rivals. Venâncio, who has been out of this world since signing, had an absolute nightmare game against Wolfsburg. I dropped him for the Bayern game and his replacement didn’t do much better.

View attachment 91138
That makes it 5 in a row now, 5 more to go. We didn’t break any records thanks to that disappointing draw against Dusseldorf, who were relegated.

View attachment 91137
It’s never really been in doubt from about 5 games in. Bayern (blue) had a terrible start and Wolfsburg (green) have been consistently average under new manager Mauricio Pochettino (their last manager, my replacement, was appointed Germany manager).

German Cup

View attachment 91136
My frustrations in the cup continue, we put out a strong team, pretty much full strength but we somehow lost this, seeing us knocked out in the 3rd​ round, which “won” us the tag of biggest under achievers.

Champions League

View attachment 91135
We fail to defend our title (few do) and we have to settle for being semi-finalists this year after a disappointing capitulation against Man. City.

View attachment 91134
When City got their away goal in the 82 minute I worried. The same player then got their first in 7th​ minute in the away leg. Then I was really worried. The second came 18 minutes later and we were behind in the tie. We went for it as much as possible but couldn’t get through. They got a late goal then to seal it for them.

Squad Stats

View attachment 91133View attachment 91132

Season Review

View attachment 1119435
View attachment 90931
Anton Leontjev was inducted into the Dormund overall best 11 this summer having made 191 appearances for the club, scoring 12 goals, making 9 more, winning 4 man of the match awards and getting an average rating of 7.45 in the process. He is one of my favourite players as he never makes a fuss and is almost never injured. Good man Anton.

View attachment 90930
Medina runs away with player of the season this season. Dedic picks up goal of the season and Effenberg wins signing of the season (a brilliant signing he has been). Again, quite obviously Rettig wins player of the season.

Season Stats:

View attachment 90929
View attachment 90928
As well as winning top scorer for us, Rettig wins top scorer for the league in what is a quite low scoring year it seems.

View attachment 90927
Somehow I’m piped to manager of the season (and players manager of the season) by Hertha manager Rupp, with an 85% win ratio too no less.

View attachment 90926
Only 3 of our players make it into the team of the year and players team of the year this year.

View attachment 90925
Dedic wins best player in Europe for the second time. Nick Kunert might feel a little hard-done-by by that.

Borussia Dortmund - German Bundesliga - 2041/42 Season

View attachment 1119577

Pre-Season

View attachment 90808
As usual a solid set of friendlies.

View attachment 90807
We made quite hard work of it but we managed to win the German Super Cup again.

View attachment 90806
Which made us the most successful club in the history of the competition.

View attachment 90805
And also saw me make my way onto the list of club legends. I don’t think I’ve done this anywhere other than Swansea before, and certainly not on a journeyman save.

View attachment 90804
I kind of panicked with this transfer. There isn’t much between this guy and our other backup right back but the other guy has been fluctuating in the coach report between 2 star no potential to 2.5 star 3.5 potential. This guy has that in the scout and coach report and comes in for E33.5m from Wolfsburg. The other guy has gone on loan to Wolfsburg, not as part of the deal but obviously to replace him.

Bundesliga

View attachment 90803
A few disappointing draws and a defeat to title rivals RB Leipzig, but aside from that very smooth sailing. Plenty of goals for and very few against.

View attachment 90802
We go into the winter break top of the table but RBL are right on our ****.

View attachment 90801
We did lose top spot for a while after that loss to RBL. The have a good squad. They really are churning out some great player at the moment, and some fool gave them E80m which they seem to have spent well.

German Cup

View attachment 90800
All easy in the cup so far and we are into the quarter final, at least one better than last year.

View attachment 90799
Although we face the toughest team in the competition away in that round. We lost to them in the league but were very competitive in the game.

Champions League

View attachment 90798
Champions league I had a bit of a scare. That PSV result was crazy. I rotated a bit but it was never a 3-0, they were unbelievably lucky in that match.

View attachment 90797
We just squeaked though in 1st​ place piping Atletico to the post.

View attachment 90796
Decent draw against Sporting, but elsewhere some big sides have been drawn against each other early. Arsenal v Real, Atletico v PSG, Bayern v Spurs. It’s quite a nice draw.

Squad Stats

View attachment 90795View attachment 90794

Good first half of the year. I do almost for get that it is a journey man save. Have you turned down many approaches for your services?

It's been really weird neavie pops, whilst in a job I've only been approached twice, the first time was Randers the second time was Dortmund. I've had a ton of interviews when I was unemployed but whilst in a job I had an interview for FC Midtjylland I think it was when I was at HIF, which I obviously didn't get. At Randers I had interviews for Swasnsea and Kobenhavn both I didn't get because I was only willing to go at the end of the season. Nothing at Wolfsburg and Nothing at Dortmund. I was linked in the press and the press favourite for the Liverpool job going into this winter break but that is literally the first sniff. It's meant the save really hasn't gone as I expected. The only save I had done prior to this one was a disaster so I expected to *** around Europe for ages, but it's been amazingly successful for how poor I am at the game, and despite that I've never really been head-hunted. I will say I am starting to get very itchy feet here at Dortmund and if anyone comes in for me I could well leave.

Winter Break

View attachment 1119895
It's been a surprisingly busy January transfer window which is why the winter break gets its own post. I all basically stems from me losing my rag after the PSV game.

View attachment 90513
Rettig keeps hold of the European golden boy award. He may as well keep it permanently at this point. Elsewhere Pla wins French player of the year again, as does Medina win North American player of the year, again.

View attachment 90512
Carbaugh comes in as an exciting prospect at left wing. He was actually pretty good value at E22.5m from Freiburg, too good not to go for really.

View attachment 90511
Schutte is the first of two players I went out and bought after the loss to PSV in a rage. Ersoy has been pretty poor, is 32 and moaning about first team football so I decided to replace him. Schutte is very much like Rettig, not quite as good but should be good backup/competition. A pretty big transfer at E55m from Wolfsburg but hopefully he will be here for many years.

View attachment 90510
Dorner is the second rage buy. I felt we were a little weak in midfield, ball winning midfield in particular. He comes in for E55m again this time from Bayern. Both these players I have probably over payed for but it’s really hard to pry away good German prospects, Carbaugh being an excepting, making him such good value.

In order to bring in these trasfers I had to raise a bit of money through player sales.

View attachment 90509
It wasn’t really my intention to sell Grassi but he came and said he felt he had achieved all he could. He is a club legend but I thought he could leave now on a high and I could get a bit of cash to bring in younger prospects. He went to Wolfsburg for E20m. I really didn’t want to sell him to a rival but this caused a massive argument and he got his way. This one almost balances out with the Carbaugh transfer.

View attachment 90508
With Dorner coming in I decided to cash in on Serkan Erdem and got E20m from West Brom. He wasn’t going to get any better so I thought why not cash in on him.

View attachment 90507
I explained my reasons for selling Murat Ersoy above. I am happy to get E20m for him.

Winter Friendlies:

View attachment 90506

View attachment 1119962

Bundesliga

View attachment 90458
We managed to get the job done with three games to spare by hammering RBL when we had to to win the league. We had a blip against Schalke, just one of those game where we couldn’t get through. The last 3 games the side was rotated and it wasn’t pretty, no wins.

View attachment 90457
Even with that car crash at the end of the season we finished 7 points clear of RBL who themselves fell apart at the end of the season.

View attachment 90456
With the emergence of RBL (pink) as title challengers this season we have a new line on the graph. Wolfsburg (green) had a terrible season which saw Paul Pogba replace Pochettino. Bayern (blue) was way down in 3rd​ finishing 10 points behind RBL.

German Cup

View attachment 90455
Gutting loss to Schalke, they scored in the 92nd​ minute took us all the way to penalties then beat us. Not the first time this has happened in the cup. I just can’t win this competition.

Champions League

View attachment 90454
Well the champions league was an absolute disaster. We were knocked out in the first round We drew 2-2 in the first leg away with them getting an injury time goal. They then beat us 3-1 at home in the second leg. We had the better of all stats but goals, they got 3 in 10 minutes and we couldn’t recover, I felt like resigning there and then.

​Squad Stats

View attachment 90453View attachment 90452

Close Season

View attachment 1120098
View attachment 90340
Here is this seasons best 11. Medina and Miranda were inducted into the overall best 11. Medina has played 202 games for the club scoring 13 goals, making a further 12, winning man of the match 10 time and getting an average rating of 7.47. Miranda has made it into the overall best 11 after just 115 games scoring 10 goals making 12 more winning man of the match 5 times with an average rating of 7.25.

View attachment 90339
Dedic wins player of the season, Pla gets goal of the season for one of his free-kick specials which have be so important for us this season. Schutte wins signing of the season, little surprise really, I dread to think where we would have been without him. Retting went of the boil really badly, he went on a really long run without scoring. Franke won young player of the season.

View attachment 90338
Despite more than 13 games without scoring at the end of the season and dropping to 3rd​ choice at one point. Dedic got the highest average rating which saw him win player of the season. Pla got the most assists and got a lot of important goals, especially form free-kicks. Herrera gets the best pass completion which I think he has every season since he arrived.

View attachment 90337
Despite coming second to Dedic for our player of the season he wins footballer of the year and players player of the year. He was my player of the season too.

View attachment 90336
I won manager of the season and players manager of the season which won me the Immorality achievement for 20 manager of the year awards. I think this must have come with the each of the two awards counting towards it.

View attachment 90335
Pla, Miranda, Effenberg, Gouveris, Medina, Franke and Venacio make it to the players team of the year. Franke, Gouveris, Pla and Miranda also make it into the team of the year.

View attachment 90334
With another title I make it into the top 20 managers in Europe, moving above Louis van Gaal.

Borussia Dortmund - German Bundesliga - 2042/43 Season

View attachment 1120158

Pre-Season

View attachment 90284
With Zeilinski coming in Unal found himself surplus to requirements, or more like I have to cash in on him. I would have liked a little more cash but E17m will have to do.

View attachment 90283

Bundesliga

View attachment 90282
It’s been a fantastic first half of the season. We look so much better than last season, I’m really pleased with how we’re doing.

View attachment 90280
We are obviously top of the table, and comfortably so, 15 points clear at the halfway point.

View attachment 90279

German Cup

View attachment 90278
Two 7-0 hammerings in the German cup, one against Bundesliga side Stuttgart.

View attachment 90277
We’ll face Kaiserslautern in the next round.

Champions League

View attachment 90276
We’re also unbeaten in the Champions League making us undefeated in all competitions.

View attachment 90275
And we made a group involving Man Utd look quite easy.

View attachment 90274
A tricky tie against City, but at least the second leg is at home.

Squad Stats

View attachment 90273View attachment 90272

Borussia Dortmund - German Bundesliga - 2042/43 Season

View attachment 1120450

Bundesliga

View attachment 90029
We didn’t quite manage an undefeated season, Wolfsburg saw to that. Nonetheless it’s been a great season.

View attachment 90028
We equalled Bayern’s points record and Wilson broke his own clean sheet record with 25 clean sheet out of 34 league games, outstanding stuff.

View attachment 90027
It’s never been in doubt really, we absolutely walked the league Wolfsburg (green) came second, 21 points behind us, RBL (pink) came third, 22 points behind us, and poor old Bayern (blue) had a terrible season finishing way down in 8th​.

German Cup

View attachment 90026
We made easy work of our cup games, taking them very seriously as I’m fed up of missing out on this competition. We make it all the way to the final where we played RBL.

View attachment 90025
This was an epic final, we went behind against the run of play and looked like we wouldn’t get back into it. Things looked even worse when Medina got sent off for a second yellow. But somehow we found two goals from Pla and Miranda (who found himself up front for the end of the game) to come back and win it.

Rettig finished the competition top scored with 10 goals despite missing the last quarter of the season with an injury. We also broke Bayern’s record for goals scored in the cup, scoring 27 goals this season.

Champions League

View attachment 90024
Another season of disappointment in Europe as we only made it to the Quarter finals, where we were knocked out by Real Madrid.

View attachment 90023
The second leg against Man City was probably the best game I saw my side play in my time as Dortmund manager. City didn’t get a sniff, and could barely get out of their half, not getting a shot on target. We couldn’t match those heights against Real as we really, really missed Rettig up front.

Squad Stats

View attachment 90022View attachment 90021

Hall of Fame

View attachment 90020
Winning the double this season makes me the most successful manager to manage in Germany. Another goal to cross off my checklist.

View attachment 90019
Despite a very successful season I have not been able to secure a new contract. I want a pay rise to E50k pw, which I think is more than fair given what I have achieved with this club. The club wont budge asking me to take a E10k pw pay cut. That may be my fault a little due to poor finances, which I am working on. Some good jobs should be coming up at the end of the season, I’ve been strongly linked with Chelsea and Arsenal, Barcelona might come up too (which would be my preference). We will have to wait and see if I stay or leave. When the Bundesliga prize money comes in the finances will be fine, perhaps the club will make me a reasonable offer then.