Glory, Glory, Man City!

1st season with Man City, while my brother is playing Man Utd.

I won the PL and the CL.
(My brother finished 4th in the PL, was ½ finalist in the CL, won the European Super Cup, and was finalist FA Cup.)

The Main Protagonists:
GK – Ederson
DL – Mendy (Danilo played until he was fit) / Moreno
DCL – Stones / Otamendi
DCR – Kompany / de Ligt
DR – Walker / Danilo
MCL – Nainggollan (bought him to replace Fernandinho – won Player of the Year)
MCR – De Bruyne / Gündogan
AMC – David Silva (1st half of the season) / Özil (2nd half of the season)
AML – Sané / Mertens
AMR – Bernardo Silva / Sterling
SC – Aguëro / Jesus

Trophies/Awards:
Premier League winners.
Champions League winners
Won PL Manager of the Year
Won PL Player of the Year (Nainggollan)
9 (!) players in PL the Team of the Year
Top scorer PL (Aguëro)
Most assists PL (Sané)
European Golden Boot (Aguëro)

Biggest losses:
0-6 to Man Utd away (PL). Don’t ask me.
3-5 to Newcastle away (FA Cup)
2-4 to West Ham away (Carabao Cup)

Biggest wins:
4-0 Man Utd home (PL). Revenge, somewhat.
7-1 (!) Juventus home (¼ final CL)
2-5 Juventus away (¼ final CL)
6-1 (!) Barcelona home (½ final CL)
1-4 Barcelona away (½ final CL)
Final ECL: 6-2 win over Bayern Munich, leading 5-0 (!) at half time.

Other records:
Most games without defeat (don’t remember how many exactly)
Most goals scored in PL (had a goal difference of 100+) and CL
Win record (don’t remember how many)

I know, I know, it’s Man City, so it’s not really a surprise to see them win the Premier League. And it’s not that big of a surprise to see them challenge for the Champions League either, I know.

You could even argue that this season was somewhat ‘bad’, because I got eliminated pretty quickly from all the English Cups (FA/Carabao) by teams I’m supposed to win easily against.

But all-in all I consider this season a success, mainly because of the way we dominated the bigger teams in the Premier League and in the Champions League. I’m usually finding it way harder to win against top teams like Juventus, Barcelona or Bayern, especially away from home. I didn’t expect this team to absolutely destroy them so early into the game.

We lost some crucial matches in the beginning of the season (the cup matches, the derby against United, …), but we absolutely ragdolled everyone in the second half of the season, so the future looks even brighter.

And we kept Man Utd behind us, so that’s a success on it’s own, right?

Sorry brother.

Last edited:
Started a new save with AS Milan. Europa League qualifier and Silva scores four in the first half. We gone in at half-time 5-0 up, Silva has a rating of 10.0.

Subbed him off.

Only fair he should keep that perfect 10 on his record!

So still plugging along with the Lobos save. That massively productive wonderkid striker went to Dortmund for 38m Euros due to a release clause. I was sad, but figured I would keep going. Picked up an 18 year old Argentine with similar potential. Also have 4 fantastic Brazilians now, along with an American DM and a handful of Mexican newgens. Quite a few have earned the wonderkid label already.

The Argentine striker didn't start the 2020 season all that strongly. He went goalless for about 4 or 6 matches, getting ratings like 6.5. But I've run into it before. Thankfully there are goals from all over in this squad. Two of the main wingers are retrained strikers so they score quite often. After scoring 2 in a cup match against a 2nd division club, the kid has started scoring pretty regularly. He doesn't have the physicals, workrate, or teamwork of the kid who went to Dortmund, but I think he will develop into a star.

Just after that kid went to Dortmund (his value was about 9.5m at the time), I got some news articles, saying a couple of Portuguese clubs were looking at one of those striker-turned-wingers. Deal could be worth up to 10.5m. For a player with a value of 9.5m. It annoyed me, even thought its just media speculation. Because those articles do sometimes lead to bids, and the amount quoted isn't always far off. That just seemed stupid to me. I complained on the SI site and someone said "oh, its media speculation, means nothing". And on the last day of the summer of 2020 transfer window, I got a "big" offer of.... 10.5m from that Portuguese club. And the agent said the player wanted to move. I expected the worst when I countered with a much bigger amount, and they walked away. But the player didn't complain. Bit of a relief. Annoying that not only was the amount offered insulting, but it was done at the very end of the window. And the buying club had something like 40m sitting there, so its not like they couldn't afford to pay an amount that would actually tempt me to sell. Being a big club (grown into) in a slightly smaller nation, you kinda have to accept that the stars you develop are gonna wanna move. And I'm okay with it, but at least give me a worthwhile offer, not 10% over face value for a Wonderkid. The Mexican-born players are particularly hard to replace.

Smashing through the Aperatura portion of the 2020 season. The American DM (my first choice Segundo Volante) is starting to get some love from bigger clubs in England. Another news article, saying Liverpool want a deal for 23m. Okay, at least its not quite as insulting for a 10m rated player. But I would strongly prefer something along the lines of 50m plus 50% sell-on. Other players are getting interest as well. My star central defender - one of the few non-newgen first choice players - is wanted by the big three in Portugal. Dortmund want one of the wingers.

Had a laugh that a France-based

I won the CONCACAF Champions League earlier in 2020. Once you build a strong squad in Mexico, its not that hard TBH. Your main competition is other Mexican clubs and if you are already dominating them.... I had won it in 2019 as well, and that meant the Club World Cup. I lost 3-2 to Manchester United in the 2019. Was looking forward to the 2020 edition. In a way, its the biggest thing a club from Mexico can manage. For 2020, the other big clubs were Toronto FC (host), Flamengo, and Atletico Madrid (won the Champions League). Smashed Toronto FC in the first match. Then drew Flamengo. Pretty strong side. My 4-2-3-1 tactic isn't overly attacking (Very Fluid, Counter) but uses a high-press and high-line. In tougher matches, I've typically dropped the line to Much Deeper. But I decided to leave it alone. 4-2 win. So final against Atletico Madrid. I stared at the tactic screen for awhile before this one. They still have Simeone, his 4-4-2, Koke, Griezmann.... Should I try to be more aggressive against a team that could absorb pressure and had the ability to punish us on the break? I mulled it for far too long. I left the tactic as is, but instead of the solid but not-yet spectacular Argentine youngster, I used one of the wingers up top. He was naturally a striker and has insane physicals (19 pace, 17 strength), using two other wingers with real pace. 3-1 win. It was enough to get me shouting in joy at the computer screen. Some really nice goals, too.

I almost decided to leave the save after a successful 2019-2020 season. Was giving serious consideration to other save ideas. Oddly, it was having Dortmund buy that wonderkid striker that made me keep going for a bit longer. It was frustrating - he was scoring almost 1 in 1 in his first full season as the first choice and he still had the potential to get better. The kind of player that makes a save feel legendary in your memory. Easily the most fun save I've had on FM18, and I've had a couple good ones. This win over Atletico will probably be enough to keep me going for another bit.

The downside to this kind of save is there is a limit to what you can accomplish. At least in South America, winning the Copa Libertadores is more challenging. This one has been very much about developing youth (mostly newgens). Would love to hang onto a player long enough for them to be legit world class. A few of them have the potential. But its going to be impossible to hang onto any of them that long. In a way, its good to have players move on, because I have players in the pipeline at almost every position. If my American DM does go, I have a Mexican player who can play Segundo Volante, and a Brazilian behind him. They don't have the pace I like in an SV, but they will do well. So getting 40m plus for them is more than helpful. The club is doing okay financially - still losing money but sitting on 35m because of two players sales - RB to RB Leipzig for 30m, ST to Dortmund for 38m. But at some point, the money doesn't mean THAT much. The board is willing to improve infrastructure, but you can only do so much and at certain times. The club could use a new stadium but we aren't consistently selling out the old one yet so no use asking the board for that. Finding new players isn't that hard when you can use South American as your shopping mall. A quality 5-star newgen from Argentina or Brazil isn't going to be 25m unless you wait until they are very well established. Big thing now is trying to stock up on more Mexican prospects - the club facilities aren't good enough to produce top ones yet. Starting the process of trying to woo a great young DC from Chivas.

[h=3]Yorkshire Dream-Rise of SWFC[/h]
Having a great time with Sheffield Wednesday.
Have managed to find some gems in new re gens also!
Hoping a good end to season will result in a new stadium, expansion done 2 seasons ago

So...where were we?

The tail end of the 2020/21 season with Airdrie in Scottish L1 ended with a Kevin Keegan Newcastle-style collapse to our league campaign! Not good. Finished 2nd, choked in the playoffs.

2021/22...I charged the guys for a title, and we only finish 3rd, and lose the playoff semi on a penalty shootout. I try to charge the players for another title run, but they don't fancy it.

Bored...I see that there's a vacancy at Scottish Championship Falkirk and that they apparantly want me. Apply for job...interview...next thing I know I've gone up a tier and tripled my salary! :) :) :)

In the end I wind up taking my assistant manager Kayode Odejayi, director of football Gordon Daziel and star striker Cammy Russell from Airdrie with me(Falkirk must have let their previous backroom staff go).

Now I start enjoying this game again!

2022/23 season. Beat top flight opposition for the first time in FM18(Kilmarnock, 2-1 away) on the way to the Betfred Cup quarter finals, finish 4th in the Championship, which secures a playoff spot. Unfortunately we choke in the 1st round of the playoffs.

2023/24: Another run to the Betfred Cup quarter finals, followed by an eleven-game winning run midseason, three manager-of-the-month awards so far(including two back to back), despite Odejayi becoming Dundee United manager and then knocking us out of the Scottish Cup...

View attachment 51511

We...are the champions...my friends...first trophy playing FM18 with my first season in the top flight now coming up.

Not really a "success" per say, more of just a "what's going on" but with one particular interesting bit.

Been managing in Russia with Lokomotiv Moscow. Had a couple great saves with them on FM16 and FM17. Just didn't get one going on FM18 until recently. They surprisingly won the title in reality so I figured I could do the same. The squad is a bit... unbalanced for a club that did so well. I complained already in another thread about the one player who's personality got bumped up to Perfectionist refusing to tutor because he is still volatile (grrrr).

Won the title and the cup in the first season. Was knocked out of the Europa League in the second knockout round by Lazio. Been focusing quite a bit on youth. Signed a number of first day free agent newgens at the start, one of whom is a 5-star Russian winger. I also got an 18 year old rightback newgen in my first youth intake, which was fortuitous - one of my biggest positions of need and he was relatively close to starting quality right away because of his age.

When I signed the Russian winger (he was 15 but I gave him matches lol), I also signed a handful of non-Russian newgens. They couldn't officially join until they were 18 but since they were free agents, they were allowed to be "on trial" at the club until then. so youth matches and training. They have been developing well. But I basically dumped them in the U19s and forgot about them most of the season. I looked late in the year and noticed 2 things. One was that the U19 was playing a Belgian winger as the striker. Not too weird - there were several wingers in the U19s already and no strikers, so someone had to. A natural as an attacking right winger, he could also play striker (though wasn't a typical striker by skill) and I had been retraining him to be a regular right winger, so I don't use attacking wingers. But I also noticed his goal total. It was over 30. Only at the under 19 level, but still. So screw, I'll train him as a striker then.

Second season and almost to the winter break. Been watching those Under 19 newgens a lot more. The Belgian is scoring like I've never seen. Kept up a pace of almost 2 goals per match. And its weird because he's not really a well rounded striker yet. He's good physically but not outstanding. Doesn't have great Finishing, Composure, Heading, Off the Ball, Work Rate... Good for the level, but not brilliant. When I had a young Mexican player blasting in goals at a crazy rate in the Lobos save, his combination of overall physical attributes and Team Work & Work Rate seemed to make it some sense. A bit less so here. I'm actually thinking it might be down to the overall team, as I have a handful of those "on trial" newgens in there and they are pretty well developed for U19 level. I would be working some of them into the first team if that was possible. A French DM is basically the new Pogba and just got Wonderkid status.... didn't realize you could raise your rep that much in the Under 19s.

The downside to having a glut of young talent about to come through... Russia has foreign player limits and an overall squad limit of 30 players. I'm going to have to end up loaning some of these kids out to ensure they keep developing.

In my first season with Ajax (on FM 2018 Mobile) I won the Eredivisie, reached the final of the KNVB Beker and the Round of 16 in the Europa League. Quite a solid season. In the pre-season of the second league campaign I've signed Loftus-Cheek on a free transfer.

In my first season with Ajax (on FM 2018 Mobile) I won the Eredivisie, reached the final of the KNVB Beker and the Round of 16 in the Europa League. Quite a solid season. In the pre-season of the second league campaign I've signed Loftus-Cheek on a free transfer.

Nice signing.

I know of another FMer who tends to play in the Netherlands. He wrote a blog post or two about the business he's done by snagging English players on a free, giving them a platform for a year or two, then selling back to English clubs for a huge free because of Brexit. So could be a windfall for a player like Loftus-Cheek.

Nice signing.

I know of another FMer who tends to play in the Netherlands. He wrote a blog post or two about the business he's done by snagging English players on a free, giving them a platform for a year or two, then selling back to English clubs for a huge free because of Brexit. So could be a windfall for a player like Loftus-Cheek.

Interesting, on my PC-save I'm playing with VVV-Venlo and I get offered young English players by player agents regulary. It may be a good idea for me to look more closely at those players.

is the come back on!

vYNeJD.jpg

1st season with Man City, while my brother is playing Man Utd.

I won the PL and the CL.
(My brother finished 4th in the PL, was ½ finalist in the CL, won the European Super Cup, and was finalist FA Cup.)

The Main Protagonists:
GK – Ederson
DL – Mendy (Danilo played until he was fit) / Moreno
DCL – Stones / Otamendi
DCR – Kompany / de Ligt
DR – Walker / Danilo
MCL – Nainggollan (bought him to replace Fernandinho – won Player of the Year)
MCR – De Bruyne / Gündogan
AMC – David Silva (1st half of the season) / Özil (2nd half of the season)
AML – Sané / Mertens
AMR – Bernardo Silva / Sterling
SC – Aguëro / Jesus

Trophies/Awards:
Premier League winners.
Champions League winners
Won PL Manager of the Year
Won PL Player of the Year (Nainggollan)
9 (!) players in PL the Team of the Year
Top scorer PL (Aguëro)
Most assists PL (Sané)
European Golden Boot (Aguëro)

Biggest losses:
0-6 to Man Utd away (PL). Don’t ask me.
3-5 to Newcastle away (FA Cup)
2-4 to West Ham away (Carabao Cup)

Biggest wins:
4-0 Man Utd home (PL). Revenge, somewhat.
7-1 (!) Juventus home (¼ final CL)
2-5 Juventus away (¼ final CL)
6-1 (!) Barcelona home (½ final CL)
1-4 Barcelona away (½ final CL)
Final ECL: 6-2 win over Bayern Munich, leading 5-0 (!) at half time.

Other records:
Most games without defeat (don’t remember how many exactly)
Most goals scored in PL (had a goal difference of 100+) and CL
Win record (don’t remember how many)

I know, I know, it’s Man City, so it’s not really a surprise to see them win the Premier League. And it’s not that big of a surprise to see them challenge for the Champions League either, I know.

You could even argue that this season was somewhat ‘bad’, because I got eliminated pretty quickly from all the English Cups (FA/Carabao) by teams I’m supposed to win easily against.

But all-in all I consider this season a success, mainly because of the way we dominated the bigger teams in the Premier League and in the Champions League. I’m usually finding it way harder to win against top teams like Juventus, Barcelona or Bayern, especially away from home. I didn’t expect this team to absolutely destroy them so early into the game.

We lost some crucial matches in the beginning of the season (the cup matches, the derby against United, …), but we absolutely ragdolled everyone in the second half of the season, so the future looks even brighter.

And we kept Man Utd behind us, so that’s a success on it’s own, right?

Sorry brother.

I'm playing City too. United fans were so angry. FA Cup eliminated by us, Championship Cup eliminated by us, 2 times they were beaten in Premier League and they finished 2nd and we finished 1st of course :D
Most of those player I already sold. And remaining only B. Silva, Sterling, Sane, Danillo, Mendy, Stones, Ederson and Ikay. I have completely young team and with beginning of 4th season I will focus only on youngsters.

View attachment 41573

Best Team I have had for a while

first time posting here.
As goalkeepers, I have donarumma and rejkovic.

As left back, pellegrini, kolasinac.
Central defenders, sokratis,jorge mere
Right back: bellerin

midfielders: Ramsey, xhaka, tielmans, rodolfo pizzaro,
wingers: rene adelaide, neilson, iwobi, rodrygo...
strikers/fowards: icardi, lacazette, dolberg and geubbels...

Simply been smashing teams....:)

View attachment 41359View attachment 41358View attachment 41357View attachment 41359View attachment 41358View attachment 41357

So wanted "one last save" on FM18. Decided to go back to Mexico, and after toying around with other options, I went back to Lobos BUAP. They are the smallest and weakest side in the Liga MX, and heavily reliant on players on loan. The upside is that once you can get a couple of young players, you can play them immediately and watch them blossom. Mexican produces some great newgens. So does the United States, and they are always available on no compensation because of the amateur rules there. And South America makes a great shopping mall.

Snapped up a couple first-day newgens, most of whom were unattached. An American Striker named Michael Kuntz, a Mexican winger named Daniel Coyote, and an American right-winger named Noble. A pretty decent DM and then some South Americans who couldn't join until they were 18, but they can join on "trial" until then. They can't play league matches while on trail but they can play youth matches. Best addition was real player, Farinha, who is an 18 year old Brazilian DM free agent who makes for a pretty good Segundo Volante. And he has the potential to develop. He stared pretty much from day one. The club lacks wide attacking players, who I ended up retraining three of the strikers to play wide.

Did well in the first season, making the Apertura playoffs and winning the Closura entirely. The other big problem with Lobos is that their sponsorship money is so far behind the rest of the league that you lose money. Quite a lot of money. Attendances aren't bad but well below the rest of Liga MX, and the tickets are so cheap that even selling out every week would only help so much. The balance went down to like minus 6m by the end of the first season. The new sponsorship money was nowhere near enough to cover that negative balance, despite some of the bigger Liga MX clubs getting like 35m a year. I've posted it as a bug before and SI said they would look into it but I seriously doubt they ever did. The negative balance meant I got pretty much no transfer funds. The first youth intake for the club was hot garbage, but that's not surprising because the facilities are pretty poor. I was able to grab a couple of nice prospects from other Mexican clubs, including a 16 year old leftback who immediately became my starting LB. Had to get a GK on loan from another Liga MX club for season 2.

My big hope was for a big sale. I've had a couple saves with this same club previously on FM18. On one, money ceased to matter after I lost a LB then a striker to Dortmund in the second and third summer, respectively. Got something like 25m and 35m, so yeah, money trouble solved. That was the hope again here. My last couple of non-Mexico saves have been Russia and Brazil. Clubs in Germany, France, and Portugal have been particularly aggressive in those saves. In the Lokomotiv Moscow save, I got almost 100m for 2 players from Monaco and they would have bought the rest of my squad if I was willing. So I was hopeful that I could get some big clubs interested here. Two problems, though. One is that I need to develop Mexican players for the home-grown rules, so I was hoping it wasn't my best young Mexicans they wanted. And two, the value of some of my players moved up slowly. No real bites after the first season. I did sell my best striker but didn't get all that much - he scored regularly but he rotated with Kuntz so his value went up more slowly. I sold him so I could give more matches to Kuntz and a Paraguayan newgen behind him. I hoped to rustle up a RB, with no luck. And with the veteran fullbacks on the roster all declining badly (pace is gone on all of them), I decided to start retraining the American RW Noble to play RB. He wasn't brilliant, as he doesn't really have the defensive skills yet. But he worked well enough.

Second season went well as well. Won the CONCACAF Champions League, which isn't really all that challenging since its other Liga MX clubs and MLS sides (which are a step down in quality, generally). The payout is a massive $450K so not exactly enough to solve the money concerns. Farinha was a monster - averaged over 8.00 per match for the first half of the season. Kuntz did well as the main striker, and Coyote is really developing. The season just ended, and after being 7m in the hole, the new sponsorships put us at just 2m in the hole. The board injected some money too. So again, relying on the hope of selling a player to even things out and have some money to spend. Listing someone and proactively trying to sell them usually means getting less, so was just hoping some rich clubs would target someone. Had Flamingo put in a bid for Farinha around March 2019, but it was like 5.5m structured and non-negotiable. Said no and he didn't complain. Benfica wanted him for a bit but never made a bid (all my hopes right there, dashed). His value is like 6.5m now. I would take anything over $10m as long as much of it was up front. Then Tigres made an enquiry on my Peruvian winger (who I converted from a striker). He's one of those players who performs quite well but has no real outstanding attributes (nothing over 15, but almost everything of importance between 10 and 14), but he's also old enough not to have much room to get better. I asked for 10m. Tigres countered with 6m, which is basically his value. I asked for 10m again, flat. They accepted. So money troubles not quite solved, but at least alleviated.

So we were 6m to the good. I got 2m in transfer funds. Played a bit later than intended last night and got partway thru the summer of 2019. Got the board to agree to upgraded training facility, youth recruitment, and youth coaching. That's a step forward. I spent almost a million on a 17 year old Mexican RB newgen with 5 star potential. He is my immediate starter. Spent less on a 16 year old Mexican keeper and DM, since they came from 2nd division clubs. Paid compensation for a 5 star Bolivian striker (not needed) and 5 star Chilean DC (sorta needed). Unfortunately, the Chilean doesn't join immediately. Tried to get a really impressive 5-star newgen left winger from Lanus but they wanted too much and I figured I could wait on him. So I will probably move Noble back from RB to RW and use a few other young players as cover. I'm in this weird situation where I have depth at weird places, and none at others. Because I haven't had much to spend, and I've been targeting Mexican players, the actual focused squad building has been... minimal. I have gone after newgens who I could sign cheap, on minimal compensation, or on free. So you take what you can get.

Heading into season 3, I have two good central defenders, a third who is poor for the level but Mexican, a developing 19 year old American who isn't ready, and a 5 star Paraguayan newgen who was unemployed and is turning into a monster while on long-term trial, but doesn't join for awhile. I don't want to buy a central defender because once the Chilean and Paraguayan join, I don't want them blocked. Maybe a loan. GK is similar. My only senior GK is a guy who has been backup for two years because he's not adequate for this level, and he's declining. I have 2 16 year olds of decent potential but inadequate quality at the moment. Trying to sign one on a free, but some Brazilian clubs have also made him offers. That 17 year old RB is backed up by Noble (did well, but not a RB) and a re-trained Colombian (actually an MC). Have a glut of central mids, so some have been retrained to play wide, deeper, etc. I did try listing the 30 year old left winger (retrained from striker) as he's going to decline and lose value. But no one has made a decent bid yet. I would still sell Farinha in a heartbeat if the bid is decent. Toying with the possibility of selling Cortez, my MC. I have several players who can play there quite well, and he'***** his potential cap. His value is like 7m and he's on high-ish wages, but he's a club favorite. If I knew I could get 4-5m, I would list him. Have a feeling I will end up getting like 2 or 3m and ticking off the other players and the supporters. Still might do it.

Realize its common to rely on newgens and end up with a young squad. And yet its still exciting when you look across you squad and see all this young potential. Not sure what will happen with GK, but the better of the two 16 year olds will be rotated in. My two center backs are mid to later 20s, but my starting LB is about to turn 18 and my first choice RB is just turned 17. Farinha is 20 but his backup/replacement is 18. The other starting DM is 18. Cortez is mid-20s, but his replacements are 18 and 19 years old. Coyote on the left wing is about to turn 18. Noble on the RW is 19 and the backups are 18. Up top, Kuntz is 20 but the Paraguayan and Bolivian are both 18. Potential all over the place. If I can keep the side mostly together for another two seasons, it could be a real powerhouse. I do hope to / need to sell players, but I'm really hopeful its only certain expendable ones (it won't be lol). Its been a fun save, and kinda cool to go outside the typical leagues that most of us run in.

So I took the leap and listed Cortez, my primary MC playmaker. He's "worth" 6m but I was concerned that by listing him and proactively trying to sell him, I would be getting way under that. I got an offer of 6m and asked for 10, they came back with 6m + 1.5m. Took it. Then I offered him out at 7.5m and had 2 Mexican clubs come back with the exact same 4m offer. Bah *****. So another 6m will definitely go a long way to solving the money problems. And it frees up that spot on the pitch. I have an 18 year old Argentine who has really been developing, and I just re-upped his contract. He demanded First Team status so he will need to play more than keep the Ecuadorian Cortez would have allowed. I'm down to 2 players from the original squad still paying roles now. Not a bad turnover for 2 seasons.

Title decided on the last game of the season, Inter were 2 points clear so we had to beat them on the last day.

We won 2-1 with 10 men for the majority of the game :D

View attachment 38322

The Great San Marino Media Comparison

With FM 19 coming soon I want to share one of my biggest achievements in FM 18 and my whole San Marino career in the history of the series. In 15 years of attempting the SM challenge I only had one player who got the media comparison of being 'touted the next' [insert San Marino legend here], a midfielder touted as the next Massimo Bonini (a good Juventus player in the 80's) I think in FM 14. Of course it was a super rare event and I was prepared not to see this happening again, or maybe get another 'new Massimo Bonini' at some point in the series. I would often joke that I'd never see the next Andy Selva (the talismanic SM striker for the past 15 years, and the only decent professional player in the history of San marino together with Bonini). Well, it's happened!

View attachment 35092 View attachment 35091

Giacomo Giacobbi, dubbed the new Andy Selva! Of course at 19 he's really much better than Selva ever was in his career as Giacobbi has already scored 30+ international goals while also scoring at good rate for a successful, CL winning San marino club. Still, this comparison has been the highlight of FM 18 for me as well as one of the greatest moments of my long CM/FM career 8-|.