FM19 Tactics by TFF

Hi

What was your media prediction before the season start?

Could you screenshot it and post it?

Media prediction 7th. The source of my frustration isnt that I'm not overachieving. It's just that I've not overachieving enough to win anything and it's honestly starting to **** me off. And call it a short attention span or what ever but frustration level has just reached the level that I'm starting lose interest in the game all together. Especially when I've pretty much have the best team I can get (starting XI CA at about 150). And I'm not critizicing the tactic, I know TFF's tactics work. It worked pretty well last season. (I admit that my previous post and this is just pretty pointless whining)

Media prediction 7th

Dude, your media prediction is 7th which means there are still 6 clubs in the league with a better squad than your team.

I find that EPL is the most challenging league in the game and you are expecting to dominate it with a mid-table team… hmmm… honestly, I don't think that something like that will be possible in FM19 unless we have some gamebreaking bugs like we had in FM18(3 strikers ;))

It's just that I've not overachieving enough to win anything and it's honestly starting to **** me off

For your team any place above the 7th pace at the end of the seaon will be an overachievement and a positive result... have you finished the season yet? :)

Especially when I've pretty much have the best team I can get (starting XI CA at about 150).

Have you thought that it isn't impressing that you have starting eleven with 150 CA players if there are other AI clubs in the league which have starting elevens with 170-180CA players ? :)

P.S. I'd say with this tactic you can expect to dominate Championship or any similar quality league with a 7th media prediction club but not EPL or La Liga...

Last edited:
P.S. I'd say with this tactic you can expect to dominate Championship or any similar quality league with a 7th media prediction club but not EPL or La Liga...

People are spoiled… they are used to dominate the top leagues with an average team because:

- in FM18 we had "3 strikers exploit"

- in FM17 we had "Strikerless exploit"

- in FM16 we had "Short Corner exploit"

and when there's no any obvious exploit in FM19 then people start ranting ;)

You're not wrong! Also I want my quick reward! :D

I have never played very long saves. So, if it now takes something like 8-10 seasons (av. lenght of my saves in previous versions) to turn (lower) mid-table team into champions than I get frustrated simply because there isnt enough to do in this game beside the team building and the matches that look more similar by the day. That is something I would start to call I grind! Maybe if the player had more control about going ons at the club.

have you finished the season yet? :)

No. Unlike my previous rage quits, ;) I have no interest in returning to it right now. Dont see the point of repeating the "same season" for the fifth time! (It takes me like 2-3 days to play a season)

People are spoiled… they are used to dominate the top leagues with an average team because:

Well part of the "problem" may be that not every person who buys the game, there have a huge amount of time every day to fiddle around with a lot of stuff ingame constantly to "just" achieve what is predicted of the team, I think the term would be the average casual gamer, and to me it is a bit sad that the game could end up as a game, for people with loads of time and knowledge. Besides that in the versions you mention it was possible to get good results with out the so called exploits. Had my share of fun with FM17 without touching a tactic without strikers, as I didn't want to play that way.

What can make me ranting is seeing 3 world class defenders close to a loose ball and they choose to run in 3 different directions away from that ball - granted it can happen, but 4 times in a match, 3 matches in a row XD

tactic

hello to all I have a panicked second year I am a champion of the league, I would like to help me with a regular not to eat easy goals like the atletic ... to make it difficult to score goals, I tried but could not do a regular such thank you

Dont see the point of repeating the "same season" for the fifth time! (It takes me like 2-3 days to play a season)

Try using "Instant Result'

It greatly speeds up the gameplay and allows you to play season by season

Last edited:
Try using "Instant Result'

It greatly speeds up the gameplay and allows you to play season by season

that shouldnt be the answer. to alot of people that isnt playing the game. no one is right or wrong but people have different ideas

Test with Juventus, first matches !

2nkrhh0.jpg

vxet12.jpg

2dvqw46.jpg

TO say you cant expect to overachive a lot every season when you are expected to finish 7th in the PL is true... but you should be able to win the league withinn a few seasons.
If you micromanage and maintaine morale, strenghten smart and get a momentum it is very possible.

so far i have won the Eeredivisjone with Vitesse in holland (expected to finish 10th), with Selangor (expected to finish 8th) with Eibar ( cant remember but they are pretty crapp CA) and with Ranheim.

Granted i have not used TFF's in all the way the resoult prove in any way that over overachieving is possible so that bournemouth save just painfull to watch.

Just keep up the good work and it will happend im sure. Try looking into the staff aswell, some upgrades there (assman) might grant you some better feedback and advice to take, and do not be afraid to try to change up things if you see it does not work. i always have 3 combat plans in my tactic slots incase i need it.

hardly do, but always fun to play a 3 streaker tweak in cup games to see if you found some magic :p

It's a matter of time before people find a "exploit" formation as you refer to it or what I would refer to as a worthwhile formation but based on what I read about this specific tactic I guess this isn't quite it.

Things still not going our way. Need to have a think... Or a new save! :D

View attachment 27610 View attachment 27609
View attachment 27608

I have nothing against the goals spreading pretty evenly through the squad but when the center back is our second best goal scorer thing arent good. Also the AMC spot is problematic to say the least!

Micromanaging is my thing! :D I have the best staff in the league. Always do after few seasons. Aside from this stormcaller main tactic I have a more direct approach (4-2-3-1) and a time wasting tactic. I try to do as much in-match managing as necessary, sometimes of course maybe change things for the worse. Team morale is sometimes a problem for me because I often take the total bollocking route after the team loses an important game but the past two seasons I took special care of it just so nobody could say the team didnt perform because of bad morale. Of course there was always few players complaining about playing time or not getting a transfer/loan move. Only thing "wrong" with my team I can possibly find is the young age of the squad but that at least didnt used to be an issue in previous FMs.

As for CA/PA debate in my opinion those values are much lower in so many cases than in previous FMs. For example, I have at least been led to believe that Sandro Tonali is one of the best young DM/CM's in the game but he has only PA of 163 as a recall. And defender like Ruben Dias who has reached his potential already is also around 160. Antonio Marin PA around 170+. But then top players in the top teams (City, United, Chelsea...) have a CA around 170+...180+. Even if you build patiently those guys will never reach the level the competition is already at. Of course there are better players than those examples but they are also often grapped by the top teams.

But thanks Conn for trying to help!

As for CA/PA debate in my opinion those values are much lower in so many cases than in previous FMs. For example, I have at least been led to believe that Sandro Tonali is one of the best young DM/CM's in the game but he has only PA of 163 as a recall. And defender like Ruben Dias who has reached his potential already is also around 160. Antonio Marin PA around 170+. But then top players in the top teams (City, United, Chelsea...) have a CA around 170+...180+. Even if you build patiently those guys will never reach the level the competition is already at. Of course there are better players than those examples but they are also often grapped by the top teams.

But thanks Conn for trying to help!

Thanks for the PA spoilers you **** :)

Last edited:
19.2 is out!
Here we go again, let the madness start again finding the best setup!

unfortunately with the new patch the tactic does not seem to turn better. I'm noticing too many draws and some defeats but above all I have a lot of difficulty scoring

from first impresion i can clearly state that tactic don't work anymore... had lil test and first things wtah got my atetntion is Striker nor performing at all (was not performing before, but now advanced forvard is not a thing to choose) and second thing is DR and DL not performing as it was... prewious most of goals was from them crosses... now its blocked by defenders or even crossing it... more test needed, but TFF please! find a solution! :)

Back