FM20: Frustration and Rage Thread

Danwolf

Reaction score
So FM20 getting to you? Missing lots of one on ones? Missed out on being crowned by goal difference? Tears of salt?

You're probably not the only one... join the others here in the rage and salty mines. Just be respectful to each other and don't insult one another.

Now in time honoured tradition, let the heavens open and the salty rain pour down from above.

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 23.09.17.png
Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 23.14.17.png

Think I'll leave this game until the ME gets an update, so many games like these, well this was one of my most dominant games, so yeah I'll just leave this here.

I got warned and muted for a day for 'insulting another forum member'. All I did was criticizing the game in a constrictive manner, like the mods say, but clearly SI doesn't like its game to be criticized, so they invent fake reasons.

I sent them a message so they can point me in the right direction because I can't find where I insulted someone else. Maybe I got dementia!

If this release has as powerful set piece exploits as FM19, this thread will be Ppetty dead. Just as last year's. It didn't matter how much space was actually created from Play, for as Long as the Opposition was getting pegged back, set piece routine to the rescue.

The above screenshot suggests it hasn't. At least not discovered ones yet. :D

Honestly the shot map only tells this much. I'm going to predict that at least half of them in dangerous uones of the box are pressured headers from the set piece for sure. (Plus those crazy angled 1vs1s). In particular if it's coupled with one of TFF's popular "yo everybody stick narrow and go forward" tactics against defensive AI trying to keep just that space tight itself.

The game is on. My frustration is that the game actually still hasn't introduced feedback as basic as that.

Last edited:
After today's update, the problem with wasted 1vs1 situations has been fixed? I haven't checked yet.

After today's update, the problem with wasted 1vs1 situations has been fixed? I haven't checked yet.
No.

20.2.3 Changelist
-----------------------
- Stability fixes
- Fixes for those unable to see In-Game Editor when activated

I am planning to purchase FM20 today and start with FC Andorra for my long save. My question is: will it effect my long term save by starting with an "incomplete" game with bugs or should I wait till March to purchase the game?

For the first time ever I'm having serious problems selling players. Unless the player has had a great (not good) season you're lucky to get third of his value. I first thought it might be an issue when having all leagues but one on view-only but no, the the problem persists even with the top leagues fully loaded. One might argue that it's more realistic because no one is buying the useless players you're trying to dump on them but it makes the game really frustrating. In many teams, if you cant sell, you cant buy!

The amount of missed chances, penalties and overall dumb plays from players and worse of all, all keepers are superhumans. Its really unimpressive game. Its seems to me with each year they add more and more stuff and match engine exponentially gets worse. Anyone knows when's next update coming?

FM20 is the worst version in a decade, match engine is a complete ****, chances 1vs1 are awesome (bulshit), we need big update, because first time in my experience with fm I don't want to play this game.

Reactions: dsx
The inconsistency in the match engine is pretty unreal.

I also hate the fact that pretty much all the tactics that work best are all very defensive. ( 4-2-2-2 ,4-1-3-2, 4-4-2 or along those lines.)
Even when you look at the results of another site, who i won't mention, 9 out of 10 tactics the underdog always works out way better than being a team who is favourite.

So much bad things in fm20. This is so dissapointing. Played it since release date.

First three seasons are too easy, if you can find a working tactic, then it becomes the most depressing game ever played, again and again.

Allways the same faults though, penalties are a joke, 1 on 1's, balls behind defence (in both ways), young talents cost over 100 mil...

I remember a manager game in 2000 (!), where I loved playing with Leeds, where you could place your team on the pitch, based on the location of the ball. Best game ever. Feeling old.

Anyone knows when new patch is coming? This is BS. 1on1 is killing me, goalies are super humans. Almost every game he is man of the match. Their players have one stupid shot and score, every game like that.

Anyone knows when new patch is coming? This is BS. 1on1 is killing me, goalies are super humans. Almost every game he is man of the match. Their players have one stupid shot and score, every game like that.
SI keep silence, just Neil Brock say about no reason to check steamdb updates because SI update and test FM every day in close mode.
As we know classic date of xx.3 update ~8 weeks after New Year, but in this year 20.2 patch was release on ~2 weeks earlier. This fact gives hope for me that SI will release new patch ASAP. Question about how successful their improves.

p.s. BS meaning please?

SI keep silence, just Neil Brock say about no reason to check steamdb updates because SI update and test FM every day in close mode.
As we know classic date of xx.3 update ~8 weeks after New Year, but in this year 20.2 patch was release on ~2 weeks earlier. This fact gives hope for me that SI will release new patch ASAP. Question about how successful their improves.

p.s. BS meaning please?

Bullshit :)

So frustrated to hear all of this, I was hoping to come back to FM for the first time in a few years however i'm tempted to wait now until this is all fixed.

Winter of 2019 - I hate FM19 so ****!!!
Winter of 2020 - Steam Library => Install FM19... Nice, nice, pretty cool game :D