FM20: Frustration and Rage Thread

I just installed the game today, I just started to play. I'm 2 months into season, after 3 league games my captain comes to me for a new contract, cos "he's in great form". I refused ofcourse and half of the squad is angry with me now because the way I treated him...
It was already annoing in FM19, but this is just bs... :cautious:

> Strikers in one-one-ones are absolutely terrible. Despite having 14+ attributes in finishing, composure, concentration etc, they just "pass" the ball into the keepers hands or hit it straight at the keeper.

> Goalkeepers are overpowered. Lower league goalkeepers regularly pull of world-class, and are almost impossible to beat in one-on-one situations.

> Wingers NEVER cross or square the ball to a striker in the box. Instead, they try to score from absolutely crazy angles and end up kicking the ball into the side netting or against the post. Even with "shoot less often" on, it makes no difference.

> The amount of 25-30 yard screamers that teams score is way too common.

> The ratio of clear-cut chances : chances actually scored. I have had multiple games where I have 5,6,7,8 clear-cut chances, yet I only score 1 goal or sometimes 0. I am well aware this could happen in real life, but I am talking about 40% of my games having these terrible conversion rates.

> Dominating an opponent and not putting chances away. Then the opponent scores a 30 yard screamer. The amount of games they have had 1 shot on goal and 1 goal scored is ridiculous.

Its so ****** annoying that we should all together make a referendum and ask for our money back...i buy this game since 2006 and have a feeling that ME is every year even worse. Cant take it anymore. They lost one old client,thats for sure.

Is it even possible to defend over the top balls? I untick offside traps, drop the defensive line low and for some reason they keep sending successful over the top balls over and over again. Feels like the ME is completely broken, boring over the top balls, strikes are awful in on on one situations, kinda broken long throws and thats pretty much it:mad:

Hate how big role morale plays in the game! I was a bit too harsh (in the games opinion) in my team talks in a few games and our 6 point lead at the top changed to us being 5 points behind the leader. And how does FM indicate in matches you have (morale) problem? Us being overrun? No! Less chances created? No! The Answer: By cutting out our scoring! That's all that SI knows how to do. Cut down the scoring to signal somethings wrong. We still dominated games but just dont score and the opposition scored one from their one chance! SI doesnt know how to have less chances created in matches so it turns down the scoring artificially. This year it's been even more transparent with the horrendous one on ones.

Back to the morale... There is basically only one way to play the game morale wise. Hold the players hand! And before someone tells me thats how it is in real life... Bullsh*t! You cant be nearly as harsh in the game as real life managers are. The game even defines what is a poor performance for the manager (i.e. the player) and you cant fine a player who plays over that magical 6.4 average rating. Surely it should be the player/manager who defines what is considered a bad av. rating in his team!

I'm really frustrated that we're so much in the dark about fixes and patches. We pay 55€ for an unfinished and untested game, and they don't even have the decency to inform their paying customers about anything. I don't think they'd be happy it if that happened to them. Like if they bought a car, had to bring it back a week later because it doesn't work properly, and then they don't hear anything about it for weeks. Because that's exactly the situation we're in. And Steam's refund rules make it just impossible to get a refund as soon as you played a bit. So 55€ thrown in the garbage.

105 points must be enough to clinch the title...wait...it is not :)

Attachments

• Ligue 1 Conforama_ Stages.png
    Ligue 1 Conforama_ Stages.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 596
105 points must be enough to clinch the title...wait...it is not :)
At least you haven't got sacked from the board for not finishing 1st.

Also I can't be the only one that sees that has the song "In the End, by Linkin Park" in their head when seeing that.

I don't think I've ever been so down on this game.....I've found ways to combat many of the issues, or at least limit them. It's about so much more than winning though. I'd actually say the "Zombie Defender" issue is the biggest but at the same time, 1v1, pinpoint accurate long balls etc they all seem linked to me.

As stated, massively disappointed in this year's release on the ME front. The thing that has totally enraged me though is the official reaction from SI. To acknowledge there are issues but in the same breath say you believe the ME is fair and balanced is to insult the intelligence of its customer base.

The thing that has totally enraged me though is the official reaction from SI. To acknowledge there are issues but in the same breath say you believe the ME is fair and balanced is to insult the intelligence of its customer base.
That's what makes me fear that we won't have any change in the ME. In which case, I wouldn't play FM20 ever, in which case I just through 55€ in the toilets. I'm not too much about money, but that would bother me. And I have that ugly sensation that SI won't change the ME.

Firstly please excuse the photo taken from my phone! ?

How’s this for a game then? First I surrender a two goal lead to a team who had only won twice all season (we were 30 something games into the season at this point) secondly the guy who got the five goals from me has a finishing stat of ONE ?! obviously this worked in my favour but some of these goals weren’t tap ins , one was a nice curled effort from the edge of the box. If a guy with a finishing stat of 1 scored five against me I would be FUMING ??

Attachments

• BB233A98-35BD-44C1-A19C-6A480198E4D0.jpeg
    BB233A98-35BD-44C1-A19C-6A480198E4D0.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 584
Aaaggh! First issue with this version. I'm playing as Harrogate in the Vanarama National. It's January and I get a message saying the board's not happy we haven't won promotion to the CHAMPIONSHIP!! I have a look at the vision and turns out its something they put in for a couple of seasons ahead but also impossible as we're more than 2 leagues below it! So I had beg for my job, thankfully managed to stay in it. Add to that the squad then were annoyed we hadn't won promotion that season, even though we're top of the league and its only January!

Aaaggh! First issue with this version. I'm playing as Harrogate in the Vanarama National. It's January and I get a message saying the board's not happy we haven't won promotion to the CHAMPIONSHIP!! I have a look at the vision and turns out its something they put in for a couple of seasons ahead but also impossible as we're more than 2 leagues below it! So I had beg for my job, thankfully managed to stay in it. Add to that the squad then were annoyed we hadn't won promotion that season, even though we're top of the league and its only January!

It's a load of shit isn't it! The game seems broken in numerous ways this year. I have players GET UPSET when I CONGRATULATE them on getting an international appearance or goal!

WTF?!

In my first 10/games in new ME I have noticed a lot of changes during the game!I must say I am very pleased for now,no stupid long balls,defenders deals much better in tackiling,wingbacks much offten cross the ball,striker scoring much more 1on1,not so many CCC..look like more realistic,penality kicks scored...much many passes in penality area...strikers doing assists not just selfish shooting on goal...better defending and a lot more...so I must say after 10 games watched in comprehensive higlights I am realy happy...Guys keep up a good job,thank you very much for this update much more realistic and enjoyable!

It's a load of shit isn't it! The game seems broken in numerous ways this year. I have players GET UPSET when I CONGRATULATE them on getting an international appearance or goal!

WTF?!
Also, next on the list! The board accepted an offer for a player because it was too good to reject (I did not want to sell him!). In the manager performance bit for transfers they say they're very disappointed with the sale! WTF?! They sold him, not me!

Last edited:
This career is full of almosts :)

Attachments

• received_171136080650569.png
    received_171136080650569.png
    256.6 KB · Views: 388
  • received_2995116057179281.png
    received_2995116057179281.png
    278.1 KB · Views: 332
  • received_179287446473046.png
    received_179287446473046.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 327
  • received_596124264572295.png
    received_596124264572295.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 295
That match engine is so unbearable to watch. Even when you win 3-0 you can only get ****** at how bad it is.
There is not a single goal coming from something else than a set piece. 1v1 are still super terrible (still hasn't scored 1 in like 8 or 10). Most actions are a winger taking the ball in the midfield, running straight and shooting in a stupid angle (and missing, since it's not a set piece).
Only the long balls have been fixed, that's just taking the ****.

Started a save with Dundee Utd I cant believe both my full backs I have constantly rack up yellow cards with the tatic stay on your feet ended the season one with 23 bookings and the other with 21.