FM22 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHALLENGE

Klippybo

Premium
Reaction score
1639676935168.png

THE UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHALLENGE

Here is the Champions League Challenge. This is a challenge I came up with a few years ago and I have tried it a few times and it is open for anyone to take part in. The aim of the save is to win the Champions League with as many sides as possible but only with the 22 teams who have won it previously. Points are rewarded for winning it regarding the difficulty of the team so you would get more points for winning it with Steaua Bucharest than if you win it with Juventus.

This is an elite journeyman save. You get to manage 90% of Europe's top clubs (not Newcastle alas lol) and there is a bit of strategy involved. You might not want to sign players from future destinations or you might want to decimate a side if you have been successful with them!

Here are the clubs and points available........
TEAMTITLES WONPOINTS AWARDED
Real Madrid135
Bayern Munich65
Liverpool65
Chelsea25
Juventus210
Barcelona510
AC Milan710
Inter Milan310
Manchester United310
Borussia Dortmund115
Ajax415
FC Porto215
Benfica215
Marseille120
PSV Eindhoven120
Aston Villa120
Feyenoord125
Celtic125
Hamburg130
Nottingham Forest235
Red Star Belgrade150
Steaua Bucharest 150

--

RULES

Its quite simple. In one managerial career you have to win as many Champions Leagues with as many of the above clubs that you can. You only get points for 1 win per club so if you want to enter it with your current save if you have won it 10 times with Real Madrid it is just 5pts and not 50.

If you enter a win you need to post a screenshot of the final and your managerial history to prove that you aren't cheating!

--

FEEL FREE TO PLAY ALONG!!!!!

As said above - if you want to take part just post the screenshots when you are successful and I will create a leader board so people can be ranked.

1639677699487.png

MY SEASON BY SEASON PROGRESS
SEASONCLUBTROPHIES WONPOINTS WON
2021-22ChelseaUEFA Champions League, FA Cup, FIFA Club World Cup, UEFA Super Cup5
2022-23FC PortoPrimeira Liga, Taca de Portugal, Taca da Liga-
2023-24LiverpoolUEFA Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup5
2024-25AC Milan / Scotland / Manchester UnitedUEFA Champions League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup (Man Utd)10
2025-26FC Porto / ScotlandPrimeira Liga, Taca de Portugal, Taca da Liga-
2026-27FC Porto / Scotland
2027-28
2028-29
2029-30

Last edited:
1639679177434.png

CHELSEA

So I am starting my journey with Chelsea for 3 reasons........

1. As the holders they will play in the Club World Cup and I rarely get to play in it when doing this save as I usually resign after winning the Champions League.

2. I cant remember managing them before.

3. One of my loyal followers Sam91 supports them!!!

--

Pre-season post to come! Just loaded up the save lol​

1639686770265.png

PRE-SEASON

I went blindly into this team choice apart from the reasons in my last post. Tbh considering they are European Champions I am actually quite disappointed with the depth of the squad as they have so many quality players out on loan. That being said my first XI would give anyone a game!

I made a few new staff appointments for the first team as after all with me managing Chelsea I am not really interested in the youth team and prospects for the future.

So lets delve into my transfer dealings......

--

PLAYERS OUT

I chucked Lewis Baker and Charly Musonda out on loan to Vitesse Arnhem as they were dross in my squad who had no business being there and nobody wanted to buy them.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek left on loan to Aston Villa as my squad has plenty of CM/AMC's so I was prepared to let him leave. I tried to sell him but there were no takers.

The only player that I did sell was my club captain! Asier Azpilicueta left to join Man Utd for £14.75m and while that is decent money for him I was longing for Athletic Bilbao to make an offer for him!

--

PLAYERS IN

I have only signed 2 players so far - one for the future and one for just now.

8My first signing was the future one. With Azpilicueta leaving I felt that we needed a RB so I went to Aberdeen and brought in Calvin Ramsay for £8m. The 18y/o is a great prospect and while I would prefer a more experienced backup he should do a job for us. Reece James better not get a long term injury though!
ramsay.png

I felt that we needed more depth up front so I made a move for Anthony Martial of Manchester United. He was transfer listed so I felt a deal worth £19.5m was good value for money. He will be behind Lukaku and Werner for a strikers spot but Werner can also play LW so squad rotation will be key. His scoring record for France is absolutely shocking!!!
martial.png

--

SEASON AIMS

I type this on the day of the European Super Cup and just a few days ago we were rocked by the news that Antonio Rudiger damaged his cruciate ligaments so he will be out for most of the season and now I am looking to bring in a new CB!!! Obviously the ultimate aim for the season is to win the Champions League but I fear that may be a step too far which is quite a thing to say considering we are the defending champions!!!!

I just feel that my wingers arent quite what I want, Lukaku prefers to play in other roles rather than an attacking forward and the injury to Rudiger is a big set back. We shall see how we get on!

Domestically I dont give a **** lol. Lose to Newcastle twice and win the league would be perfect!​

YES KLIPPY!!! Sad you sold Azpi though :cry:

1639812849975.png

AUGUST

UEFA European Super Cup
villa.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Christensen (Sarr), Thiago Silva (Chalobah), Chilwell, Kante (Jorginho), Kovacic, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Pulisic (Werner), Lukaku*

Not the most convincing of starts but we still managed to win to take the trophy home thanks to 2 late goals from Romelu Lukaku. We need to up our levels though.

--

watford.png

Lineup - Arrizabalaga, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante (Saul), Kovacic (Jorginho), Ziyech, Havertz, Pulisic (Werner), Lukaku*

We got off to a perfect start here with 2 goals in the first 4min. Ziyech and Lukaku scored those goals and Kai Havertz added a 3rd before the half-hour mark and then we took the foot off the pedal which always annoys me. Mendy was injured during the week and will be out for a month while my recent signing, Gianluca Mancini made his debut.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Arrizabalaga, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic (Jorginho), Ziyech, Havertz (Mount), Pulisic (Werner), Lukaku*

We scored 2 goals early on again and threatened to run away with it but they pulled a goal back soon enough and the rest of the game was a snore fest.

--

city.png

Lineup - Arrizabalaga, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell (Alonso), Kante (Jorginho), Kovacic, Ziyech, Mount, Pulisic (Werner), Lukaku

This was a hard fought match. We fell behind but levelled through Ziyech and then missed a few chances to win the game. Christian Pulisic has been absolutely terrible so far it has to be said.

--

0-0.png

Lineup - Arrizabalaga*, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell (Alonso), Kante, Kovacic, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Werner (Pulisic), Lukaku

DISCLAIMER!!!

I played the game and we lost 2-1 and then did the end of the transfer window but I forgot to save it and I closed my laptop. Unfortunately my girlfriend then went on the laptop and shut it down afterwards so originally I lost 2-1 but at the 2nd attempt I drew 0-0. I will still sign my new player (see below) and just keep rocking.

--

SUMMARY

We have had a mixed start to the season. We won the European Super Cup and also our two opening league matches before drawing at home to Man City but then we lost to Liverpool originally before getting a lucky reprieve by replaying the game and drawing 0-0. What is concerning is that none of my CMs are playing well while Pulisic is really struggling too but hopefully in the next month or two they will understand my tactics better and their performances will improve accordingly.

I did bring in 2 new players. With Rudiger injured long term I needed a replacement so I moved to sign Gianluca Mancini from AS Roma for £16m. To get such a good player for that price while he is still to reach his prime is a great deal.
mancini.png

Then on deadline day I signed a FM favourite of mine - Matias Arezo - for £1.4m but he didnt get a work permit so I loaned him back to his club.
AREZO.png

Anywho the main aim of course is the Champions League and we have been given a decent enough draw as we will face Real Madrid, Besiktas and Wolfsburg.
1639818332373.png
1639818350257.png
1639818365433.png
1639818384836.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROMELU LUKAKU

rl.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
table.png

Last edited:
1639914314645.png

SEPTEMBER

newcastle.png

Lineup
- Arrizabalaga*, James, Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Kovacic), Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Werner (Pulisic), Lukaku

Our 3rd draw in a row which is pretty disappointing. We had the best chance of the game when we were awarded a penalty in the first half but Lukaku's effort was parried away by Martin Dubravka.

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
vfl.png

Lineup
- Arrizabalaga, James (Ramsay), Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante (Saul), Jorginho*, Ziyech, Havertz, Werner (Pulisic), Lukaku

This is where we have to concentrate our efforts and we got a fine win and for the first time one of my CMs puts in a good performance as Jorginho scored 2 goals.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Arrizabalaga, James*, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho (Kovacic), Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Werner (Pulisic), Lukaku

We were heading for a 4th successive league draw but we edged the game thanks to a late penalty from Romelu Lukaku who put his miss against Newcastle behind him.

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
wycombe.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay (James), Christensen, Chalobah, Alonso (Sarr*), Saul, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Pulisic (Werner), Martial

The 2nd half here was crazy as 8 goals were scored. I was livid when we threw away a 3-1 lead late on but thankfully we scored twice in stoppage time. Mendy returned from injury here, Martial got a debut goal but it was Malang Sarr who stole the show as he came off the bench to score twice.

--

brent.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante (Saul), Kovacic, Ziyech, Havertz (Mount), Werner, Lukaku*

A good win with a great hat-trick from Romelu Lukaku but I am still not happy with our performance.

--

beisktas.png

Lineup
- Mendy, James (Christensen), Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic (Saul), Ziyech, Havertz (Barkley), Werner, Lukaku*

Where the **** would we be without Romelu Lukaku? Answers on a postcard please.

--

SUMMARY

We head into October unbeaten in all competitions so I should be happy. However I am not! While we may be getting the results, we seem to be constantly below par and several players are just not performing up to the required standard. Defensively we are fine but my CMs are still struggling, Ziyech is just doing a job on the RW, Havertz the same at AMC and my LWs have been shocking. If it wasnt for the magnificent Romelu Lukaku I genuinely would be fearing for us.

I have top quality players they just need to show me their qualities much more!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROMELU LUKAKU
ROMELU.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEP.png

1640025567143.png

OCTOBER

villa.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante (Jorginho), Kovacic, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz (Pulisic), Mount, Lukaku*

Back to back hat-tricks for Romelu Lukaku in the league as the one man show continues! I decided to give Mason Mount a run out on the LW and he assisted the first goal so lets hope he solves one of my problems. Kante on the other hand.............

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay, Mancini, Thiago Silva (Christensen), Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic, Ziyech, Havertz (Barkley), Mount (Martial), Werner

We were without our talisman Romelu Lukaku here but we still managed to net four goals here which was both extremely surprising and also a miracle given who has scored our recent goals. I changed Ngolol Kante's role to a box to box midfielder and it worked a treat as he scored a goal.

--

real.png

Lineup
- Mendy, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva (Chalobah), Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Saul), Ziyech*, Havertz, Mount (Martial), Lukaku

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

What a result. What a performance! We were absolutely magnificent here as we thrash Real Madrid by 4 goals to 1. They tool the lead but we bounced back and then kept going at them. If we play like this every week then I will not have any worries.

--

brighron.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva (Christensen), Chilwell, Kante (Saul), Jorginho, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount, Lukaku*

We were totally dominant here and fully deserved our win. Lukaku returned to the starting lineup in the league and netted a brace which means he has 9 goals in his last 4 league appearances!

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
arsenal.png

Lineup
- Mendy, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Kovacic), Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount (Pulisic), Lukaku

Disappointing. We suffer our first defeat of the season in all competitions and it sees us exit the Carabao Cup. We had a great chance to equalise from the penalty spot but Lukaku saw his effort saved and Hudson-Odoi also missed a sitter late on.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Mendy, James*, Mancini, Thiago Silva (Christensen), Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz (Martial), Mount, Werner

Despite being without Romelu Lukaku we smashed in 4 goals here. Mount and Jorginho had us 2 up and although they pulled a goal back Timo Werner struck twice to leave us on easy street.

--

SUMMARY

We really hit our stride this month as we got some great results - none more so than the 4-1 victory over Real Madrid when we were just superb. We also stuck 4 past Leicester and Wolves as we are in the middle of a 6 game winning streak in the league which sees us top the table. Alas it wasnt all good as we were knocked out of the Carabao Cup by Arsenal.

The board very kindly added another £60m to my transfer kitty so you can certainly expect me to strengthen the squad in January now!!!

The first future destination has become available as Nottingham Forest sacked their manager. Not interested in that job yet!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
REECE JAMES
james.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

1640027742232.png

NOVEMBER

103.png

Lineup
- Mendy, James, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Kovacic), Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount, Lukaku (Martial)

Real Madrid get revenge on us here as they proved to be more ruthless in front of goal. We actually played pretty well and could quite easily have got a draw at least but they took their chances and we didnt.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Mendy, James*, Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell (Alonso), Jorginho, Kovacic, Ziyech (Pulisic), Havertz, Mount, Werner (Martial)

Despite resting a few players we won fairly comfortably here. Jorginho tucked away another penalty to put us ahead and Kai Havertz bent in a shot from 20 yards just after half-time before Martial sealed things late on.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Mendy, James*, Mancini, Thiago Silva, Chilwell (Alonso), Kante, Jorginho, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount (Pulisic), Lukaku

Sure I am disappointed that we threw away a 2 goal lead in such a huge fixture but at least we didnt lose. Reece James scored 2 stunning goals. The first a powerful effort that crashed in off the bar from 18 yards and the 2nd was a first time 25 yard volley into the bottom corner which will surely be the goal of the season.

--

besiktas.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay, Christensen*, Chalobah, Alonso (Sarr), Saul, Kovacic (Webster), Hudson-Odoi, Mount (Haigh), Werner, Martial

We knew we had qualified for the knockout stage before kick-off as Real Madrid drew so I rested my players and my backups duly went out and won with Martial grabbing the only goal of the game.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Mendy, James (Ramsay), Mancini*, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount (Werner), Lukaku

We had an off day here but we didnt get beat so we are still unbeaten in the league so we move on.

--

SUMMARY

This was a so-so month. In the league we thumped West Ham before throwing away a 2 goal lead to draw with Man Utd 3-3 and then we drew 0-0 with Everton which sees us end the month 3rd in the league behind the other 2 sides, Liverpool and Man Utd, who are also unbeaten.

In the Champions League we lost to Real Madrid 3-1 as they got revenge for our 4-1 thrashing that we dished out to them but they stumbled in the next matchday while we beat Besiktas so the group is won so we go into the knockouts and our last group game full of confidence.

Another future destination became available - Hamburg. No ta!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
REECE JAMES
REECE.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

1640206517668.png

DECEMBER

spurs.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay, Christensen, Sarr, Chilwell (Alonso), Kante, Jorginho (Webster), Ziyech, Mount, Werner (Pulisic), Lukaku*

For the first half we struggled as I had to rest several players including 3 of my back 4 so it took a while for us to get going but in the 2nd half we found our form and Romelu Lukaku struck a brilliant hat-trick to condemn relegation threatened Spurs to defeat.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay* (Christensen), Mancini, Thiago Silva (Chalobah), Alonso, Saul, Jorginho (Webster), Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Lukaku

Once again I fielded an understrength side but we won the match easily enough which was aided by the fact that they had a man sent-off. Lukaku scored a double and young Calvin Ramsay got his first goal for the club.

--

wolfsburg.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay, Christensen, Chalobah, Alonso, Saul (Webster), Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Werner, Martial

An entertaining final game of the group stage. I played my backups and they did not bad and while we didnt win their performance was decent enough.
h.png

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Mancini*, Thiago Silva, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Saul), Ziyech, Havertz, Mount, Lukaku (Martial)

The end result didnt reflect our performance here as we dominated from start to finish but only had a Ziyech goal to show for our efforts which was awarded after a VAR check.

--

FIFA Club World Cup Semi-Final
nassr.png

Lineup - Mendy, James (Ramsay), Christensen, Sarr, Alonso, Saul, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi*, Mount, Werner, Martial

Out came my backups (mainly) and we easily beat the Saudi Arabian side. Callum Hudson-Odoi tore them to shreds with 1 goal and 2 assists.

--

FIFA Club World Cup Final
monterrey.png

Lineup - Mendy, James (Ramsay), Christensen, Sarr, Alonso, Saul (Kovacic), Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Pulisic (Werner*), Martial

We win the FIFA Club World Cup and I am delighted! I may not get another chance to win this trophy again in this save and the main reason for going Chelsea was to win this in the first season so I am naturally delighted with that!

--

palace.png

Lineup - Mendy, James (Ramsay), Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante*, Kovacic (Saul), Ziyech, Havertz, Mount (Pulisic), Lukaku

We destroyed Crystal Palace here as we smashed in 6 goals away from home and also had 2 goals disallowed. I am very angry about our 2 late goals conceded but overall I am happy with the result and the performance. Ngolo Kante scored twice!!!!!

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Saul), Ziyech, Havertz, Mount (Pulisic), Lukaku*

Romelu Lukaku put on a show here as he banged in 4 goals to win us the match. He was simply unstoppable and he now has 27 goals for the season in all competitions with 22 coming in the league.

--

city.png

Lineup - Mendy, James (Ramsay), Mancini, Christensen, Alonso, Kante (Saul), Jorginho, Hudson-Odoi, Mount, Werner, Lukaku (Martial)

While I can have no complaints about the result (Man City dominated completely) I do have a complaint with the manner in which we conceded the deciding goal as Ngolo Kante played a blind back-pass which was seized upon by Ferran Torres.

--

SUMMARY

We suffered our first league defeat of the season this month as we ended 2021 with a defeat to Man City which sees us slip further behind Man Utd and Liverpool however my main area of concentration was on the FIFA Club World Cup and we won that after beating Al-Nassr and Monterrey.

Confidence is high and we head into January with a load of money to spend and with morale high. In the all important Champions League draw we have been paired with Benfica so we obviously fancy our chances there and now it is all about kicking on and improving our performances game by game.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROMELU LUKAKU
LUKAKU.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

Last edited:
1640206752302.png

JANUARY

watford.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay, Christensen, Thiago Silva, Chilwell (Alonso), Kante, Jorginho (Barkley), Ziyech, Havertz, Mount, Werner*

Timo Werner was the star here as he smashed in 4 goals as we scored 6 overall. His penalty was our 12 successful penalty in the league this season which is quite incredible - and we have missed some too!

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
wimbledon.png

Lineup
- Arrizabalaga, Ramsay, Christensen, Chalobah (Sarr), Alonso, Jorginho (Webster), Saul, Hudson-Odoi, Mount*, Pulisic (Soonsup-Bell), Werner

After 15min we were on the verge of one of the greatest ever FA Cup shocks but thankfully we fought back from 3-0 down to level it at 3-3. Jude Soonsup-Bell came off the bench to make his debut and he scored the late equaliser. My backups will play again in the replay but I expect a comfortable win to make amends.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Arrizabalaga, James*, Mancini, Christensen (Chalobah), Chilwell (Alonso), Kante (Kovacic), Mount, Hudson-Odoi, Havertz, Werner, Lukaku

We leapfrog Liverpool in the table with this superb result and performance. We were immense throughout. Timo Werner nodded us in front and then Reece James smashed in a free-kick before Romelu Lukaku tucked away a penalty to seal things. Mendy and Ziyech are away at the African Nations Cup but that didnt effect us here at all!

--

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay
4-0.png

Lineup
- Arrizabalaga, Ramsay, Chalobah (Sarr), Christensen, Alonso, Saul, Kovacic, Hudson-Odoi (Fiabema), Barkley, Pulisic*, Werner (Martial)

No chances of a shock here. Well there was as Christian Pulisic for the first time this season actually put in a good performance!!!!! Fiabema came off the bench to score a debut goal.

--

arsenal.png

Lineup - Arrizabalaga, James, Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante (Jorginho), Mount, Hudson-Odoi (Damsgaard), Havertz, Werner (Kovacic), Lukaku

While I am relieved that we seemingly rescued a point here we really should have won the match as Arsenal only had 2 attempts on target plus we had a Romelu Lukaku goal disallowed. My recent signing, Mikkel Damsgaard, came off the bench to make his debut.

Arsenal are currently without a manager so this was certainly a missed opportunity to get a big away win.

--

newcastle.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Mancini (Chalobah), Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic, Damsgaard, Havertz, Pulisic (Werner), Lukaku

FM22 must know that I am a Newcastle fanatic (obviously - playing as myself and they are one of my 3 favourite sides lol), as we should have scored 7 or 8 here! As it was we scored 2 with Lukaku scoring our 17th successful penalty of the season (he now has 31 goals this term) and we had THREE goals disallowed.

Newcastle have spent over £100m in this transfer window so far and sacked Eddie Howe just before the game.

--

SUMMARY

2022 started off with us in fine form. From smashing 6 past Watford to cruising past Liverpool 3-0 we were on fire. Sure AFC Wimbledon gave my backups a scare in the FA Cup and took us to a replay but overall I am happy with how we are ticking along even though despite just 1 league defeat all season we are off the pace in the race for the title.

In the transfer window Thiago Silva agreed a deal to join Flamengo at the end of the season while I loaned out Matias Arezo again and my only incoming player was Mikkel Damsgaard from Sampdoria for £47.5m. I felt that I needed another option in all AM positions be it centrally or out wide and the 21y/o Dane fit the bill perfectly.
DAMSGAARD.png

I actually agreed a deal to sign Kylian Mbappe on a pre-contract but took a huge risk in not going through with it and letting the FM world decide where he will end up. If we dont win the Champions League this season I will be regretting that move 100%!!!!!! Maybe if we get knocked out I will resurrect the deal though.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TIMO WERNER
WERNER.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

JAN.png

1640288690630.png

FEBRUARY

FA Cup 4th Round
bmouth.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay, Christensen, Chalobah, Alonso, Kovacic, Saul, Hudson-Odoi, Damsgaard (Barkley), Pulisic (Fiabema), Werner (Martial*)

We progress into the next round but it was far from convincing and it wasnt until I made my subs that we got going. Anthony Martial was the hero as he came off the bench to grab 2 goals for us.

--

brentford.png

Lineup
- Mendy, James, Mancini, Christensen (Rudiger), Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic (Jorginho), Ziyech (Damsgaard), Havertz, Mount, Lukaku*

A fine away victory with a superb hat-trick from Romelu Lukaku. Antonio Rudiger finally made his comeback from injury here and that is a huge boost for our squad.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
slb.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Mancini (Rudiger), Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic, Ziyech (Damsgaard), Havertz, Mount (Werner), Lukaku*

This was an entertaining encounter and Benfica deserved their draw however for us to throw away a 2 goal lead is just not on! Benfica even had a goal disallowed so we couldve lost the game.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Mendy, James (Ramsay), Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic, Ziyech, Havertz (Damsgaard), Mount, Lukaku*

Another 2 goals for Lukaku and he even had 1 disallowed! He now has 31 goals in the league alone already and he has missed 4 league fixtures - unreal!

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay, Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante (Saul), Kovacic, Ziyech, Damsgaard (Pulisic), Mount (Werner), Lukaku*

2 penalties for Lukaku - just the 14 successful ones in the league this season for him and our 18th overall - just in the league alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

SUMMARY

This month was all about Romelu Lukaku who as the current World Player of the Year, played up to that tag and smashed in 9 goals this month as he was simply unplayable!!!!!

You would think that with a striker scoring so many league goals and with us only losing 1 game in the league this season that we would be running away with the title but we arnet even 2nd in the league and somehow we arent even the top scorers in the league as a team which is just truly incredible!

Youth intake is next month but that isnt such a big thing in this save as Chelsea manager - my main focus is on our 2nd leg against Benfica.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ROMELU LUKAKU
lukaku.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
feb.png

1640294340617.png

MARCH

FA Cup 5th Round
5.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay, Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell*, Kante, Kovacic (Jorginho), Ziyech (Damsgaard), Havertz, Mount (Pulisic), Lukaku

Not one of our best performances but we got the win to progress into the next round, kept a clean sheet and Romelu Lukaku got his customary goal so it was a standard day at the office lol.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay (Rudiger), Mancini*, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic, Ziyech, Damsgaard, Mount (Werner), Lukaku (Martial)

Our 5th win and clean sheet in a row in the league as we comfortably beat Wolves. Ziyech scored for the 3rd league game in a row and Lukaku for once didnt score!!! Well he did but it was disallowed lol.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
benfica.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay, Mancini, Christensen (Rudiger), Chilwell (Alonso), Kante, Kovacic, Ziyech, Havertz, Mount (Pulisic), Lukaku*

We got a scare here when we fell behind but we soon responded to win. Lukaku struck twice (and had one disallowed) while Gianluca Mancini scored his first goal for the club.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay, Mancini, Rudiger (Christensen), Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic (Jorginho), Ziyech*, Havertz, Mount, Lukaku

Hakim Ziyech is on fire!!! Having scored in his last 3 league outings he banged in a hat-trick here and the 3rd was a sumptious bending effort into the top corner from 25 yards. We only had 5 shots on target so to see them all go in is something special.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
spurs.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay, Mancini, Rudiger (Christensen), Chilwell, Kante (Jorginho), Kovacic, Ziyech (Hudson-Odoi), Damsgaard, Mount, Lukaku*

Not for the first time this season I am left wondering where we would be without Romelu Lukaku as his 2nd half hat-trick sends us through to the FA Cup semis.

--

SUMMARY

Another strong month and we will certainly need to keep the run of results going into next month as it is going to be so decisive for our season. Remarkably we still lie just 3rd in the league as Liverpool and Man Utd, like ourselves, just refuse to get beat and our next fixture is huge - away to Man Utd.

Man Utd will also be our opponents in the Champions League quarter-finals. Now I know I would hand them the league (albeit very unhappily) to progress in the Champions League but the fear of losing out to them in both is nearly overwhelming. Alas if we do Kylian Mbappe still hasnt signed a new contract yet lol.

In the youth intake I did get a 5 star 15y/o DM valued at £20m but he didnt look as though he was a patch on the god that was Aitor Herrera.

I forgot to mention that over the last 2 months future destinations became available - Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan and Marseille.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
HAKIM ZIYECH
ziyech.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
mar.png

1640355933268.png

APRIL

man utd.png

Lineup
- Mendy, James, Mancini, Rudiger, Chilwell, Kante (Jorginho), Kovacic, Ziyech (Damsgaard), Havertz, Mount (Werner), Lukaku*

WHAT A WIN!!!!

We inflict Man Utd's first defeat in the league this season and we fully deserved the win. Romelu Lukaku struck twice to take himself up to 49 goals in all competitions and we managed to hold on. Now to repeat the trick in the competition that really counts...........

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
1st.png

Lineup
- Mendy, James, Mancini (Chalobah), Christensen, Chilwell, Jorginho (Kante), Kovacic (Saul), Ziyech, Mount, Werner, Lukaku

We do manage to repeat the trick!!!!!!!

We surged into a 2 goal lead thanks to goals from Chilwell and Werner but within 3min of the 2nd half we were pegged back and I was livid but deep into stoppage time Ziyech was brought down in the box and up stepped Romelu Lukaku to smash home his 50th goal of the season.

--

everton.png

Lineup - Mendy, James, Mancini, Rudiger, Chilwell, Kante, Kovacic (Jorginho), Damsgaard, Havertz*, Mount (Werner), Lukaku (Martial)

Kai Havertz scored the only goal of the game here to collect just his 6th goal of the season which is a disgrace considering his tremendous abilities!

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
1-1.png

Lineup - Mendy, James (Ramsay), Mancini, Rudiger*, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Saul), Ziyech, Mount, Havertz (Damsgaard), Lukaku (Werner)

We reach the semis but at a cost as Reece James went off injured and his season is over. We lost the game 1-0 in 90min and that took the game into extra-time and we levelled through Ben Chilwell and that proved to be enough to send us through 4-3 on aggregate.

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
semi.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay (Chalobah), Christensen, Rudiger, Chilwell (Alonso), Kante, Jorginho, Damsgaard, Havertz (Hudson-Odoi), Mount*, Lukaku

Into the final we go. Lukaku scored a penalty before Damsgaard scored a fine effort to get off the mark for the club and Mason Mount scored direct from a free-kick. Man Utd await us in the final.

--

west ham.png

Lineup - Mendy, Rudiger*, Mancini, Christensen, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Ziyech, Havertz (Damsgaard), Mount, Lukaku (Werner)

TOP OF THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!

For the first time this season we go top of the table as we easily beat West Ham. Jorginho surprisingly scored twice including a penalty due to the fact that I had already taken Lukaku off.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Mendy, Rudiger, Christensen (Sarr), Thiago Silva (Chalobah), Alonso, Jorginho* (Savage), Saul, Hudson-Odoi, Damsgaard, Pulisic, Werner

I took a risk here and rested my first choice players as the next fixture against PSG is where our main focus is. In the end my backups won easily enough and that makes it 10 league wins in a row. 15y/o newgen, Mike Savage, made his debut here off the bench and becomes the clubs youngest ever player.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
psg.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Rudiger (Ramsay), Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Kovacic), Ziyech, Havertz (Damsgaard), Mount, Lukaku*

What a result! Not only do we defeat moneybags PSG but we do so quite convincingly and kept a clean sheet so all we have to do is keep things tight for the 2nd leg and we will be in the final. Lukaku was the star of the show as he set up Ziyech for the opener before he slotted home the 2nd himself.

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid drew 1-1 in the other semi.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Mendy, Rudiger, Mancini, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Saul), Ziyech, Havertz (Damsgaard), Mount (Werner), Lukaku*

If we keep winning they cant catch us..........

Burnley actually played quite well but Romelu did what Romelo does best lol. He now has 38 league goals this term.

--

SUMMARY

We head into the final month on the verge of great things! We have finally reached the top of the table as our long term consistent form has finally been rewarded. We are surely the most in form team in Europe as 1 league defeat would testify. The biggest games of the month were our 3 ties against Man Utd and also one against PSG.

The league tie against Man Utd really helped us as we won 2-1 at Old Trafford to inflict their first defeat of the league campaign and then just days later we defeated them 3-2 in the first leg of our Champions League tie. We saw them off in the 2nd leg and that set us up with a tie against PSG which we won 2-0 so we are on the verge of reaching the final which of course was our goal.

In other news relating to my beloved Newcastle. After they sacked Eddie Howe they appointed Nelson Vivas and now he has been sacked and they have now appointed Juan Reynoso. They have lost 15 out of their last 16 games and are doomed for relegation.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BEN CHILWELL
CHILWELL.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
apr.png

1640382829837.png

MAY

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
psg.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay, Rudiger, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Damsgaard (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz (Barkley), Mount (Werner), Lukaku

A perfect 2 legged tie for us. We won 2-0 at home and saw the 2nd leg through without conceding a goal in either tie. Despite all of PSG's attacking talent and having the best of the game they couldnt find a way to goal and it is us who qualify for the final where we will play Real Madrid.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Mendy, Rudiger*, Mancini, Christensen (Chalobah), Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Ziyech, Havertz, Mount, Werner

A good win but having gone 3-0 up after just 14min I expected us to run riot but we just went through the motions although Mancini did have a goal disallowed.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Mendy, Rudiger (Ramsay), Thiago Silva, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Kovacic), Damsgaard (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount, Lukaku*

Not bad! lol.

We thump Southampton as we smash 6 goals past them and Romelu Lukaku smashed in another 4 goals to take his tally for the season up to 58!!!!!

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Mendy*, Ramsay, Mancini, Thiago Silva (Chalobah), Alonso, Kovacic, Jorginho (Saul), Ziyech, Havertz (Barkley), Damsgaard, Werner

Oh oh. After 13 straight league victories we draw here with Spurs, and we were very fortunate to do so, and we hand the title advantage over to Liverpool who have a game in hand.........
runin.png

--

FA Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Ramsay*, Rudiger, Christensen, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho (Kovacic), Damsgaard (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount (Pulisic), Lukaku

CALVIN RAMSAY WINS US THE FA CUP!!!!!

What a moment for my 18y/o full back as he smashed in a free-kick from 25 yards to put us 2-0 up which proved to be the winner. I had actually arranged to bring back Livramento to the club for £40m from Southampton just days ago which would theoretically put him down the pecking order.

Unfortunately in the league Liverpool beat Everton away so we head into the final game of the season 2nd in the table. Also Newcastle's relegation was confirmed.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Mendy, Ramsay, Chalobah, Christensen, Chilwell*, Kante, Kovacic (Saul), Damsgaard (Hudson-Odoi), Havertz, Mount (Martial), Werner

Timo Werner's 93rd minute goal could have been the moment of the season but alas Liverpool were 2-0 up and sealed the title. I am so disappointed that we lost the title so late on in the season and considering we have only lost 1 game this season it is so undeserved!

--

UEFA Champions League Final
f2-1.png

Lineup
- Mendy, Rudiger, Mancini, Christensen (Ramsay), Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, Ziyech*, Havertz, Mount (Werner), Lukaku (Martial)

WE WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

We put our disappointment of losing the league title behind us as we defeat Real Madrid to retain the Champions League for the club. Hakim Ziyech put us in front early on and he then missed several chances to seal the game for us but we went 2-0 up when he cut the ball back for Kai Havertz to slam home and we were home free. Except we werent as they pulled a goal back immediately but we held on to claim the title.

--

SUMMARY

It is hard to judge how I feel about how the season ended. While I am naturally delighted that we won the Champions League and also the FA Cup the fact that we lost the league title on the final day of the season hurts a lot. With our league record we should have won it but alas it wasnt to be. In the end a 0-0 draw with Spurs cost us dear and allowed Liverpool to leapfrog us.

The FA Cup final was good as young Calvin Ramsay starred as he scored the decisive goal from a free-kick and then in the the Champions League final we edged out Real Madrid 2-1 thanks to goals from Ziyech and Havertz and it now means I am looking for a new job.

The Aberdeen one is available lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EDOUARD MENDY
mendy.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
table.png

1640420628652.png

END OF SEASON REVIEW

The main task was done - we won the Champions League! Add to that the FA Cup, European Super Cup and FIFA Club World Championship and it is a very successful season however the fact we lost the league title despite only losing 1 game (3 in all competitions) and I have a tinge of disappointment.

At the start of the campaign we were getting the results but not the performances and my midfielders were certainly below par but things began to change when I brought Mason Mount into the side to play on the LW. Then in the 2nd half of the season we improved further with the comeback of Antonio Rudiger from injury.

Naturally I cant review the season without giving a mention to Romelu Lukaku whose 59 goals propelled himself to so many awards including the World Player of the Year award.

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

table.png

--

SQUAD
squad.png
squad2.png

My Player of the Season - Romelu Lukaku
My Young Player of the Season - Calvin Ramsay
Donkey of the Season - Ross Barkley

--

1640421660170.png

So I resign as Chelsea manager and there are no future destinations available to me but despite that for game speed I have decided to quit and wait for the next opportunity to turn up.​

1640515758046.png

JANUARY 2023

We are in mid season and unbelievably it has taken over 6 months for me to find a new job as there have been no future destinations that have become available!!!!! Plenty of managers have lost their jobs but alas none of them were former European Cup/Champions League winners. However after the World Cup (won by England) a load of international jobs became available and that gave me an opening..................

--

1640516054208.png

I AM THE NEW MANAGER OF FC PORTO!!!!

Sergio Conceicao left FC Porto to take up the Portugal job so I quickly jumped at the chance to take over. At present they are 1pt off the top of the table but have games in hand although they are out of Europe for the season so there will be no heroics there.
jan.png

And here is my squad that I have taken over. It includes the veteran Diego Costa who wont be part of my plans but I am thrilled with the chance to manage Luis Diaz as well as the emerging talents of Francisco Conceicao, Romario Baro and Evanilson.
squad.png

squad2.png

--

AIMS

I have to be honest that at the moment I am using this to boost up my CV. There is a domestic treble up for grabs and while I will be more than happy to stay with FC Porto if any of the European heavyweights become available then I will go in for them but otherwise I will do my best for Porto. I have enjoyed managing in Portugal before with Benfica so this should be fun!​

1640520730105.png

JANUARY

Taca de Portugal Quarter-Final
viseu.png

Lineup
- Costa, Manafa, Leite, Vegas, Wendell (Maksimovic), Oliveira (Baro), Vitinha, Conceicao, Otavio, Diaz (Evanilson*), Toni Martinez

A decent first game in charge. Francisco Conceicao is the son of the recently departed manager and had hardly had a game but I put him straight into the team and he responded with a goal.

--

estoril.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Wendell, Oliveira*, Vitinha (Grujic), Conceicao (Katompa), Otavio (Taremi), Diaz, Toni Martinez

We took a while to get going here. Estoril outplayed us in the first half and deservedly led at the break and had a goal disallowed too but we bounced back with 2 quickfire goals from Luis Diaz and Toni Martinez. You will recognise a familiar name as my first signing lol. Calvin Ramsay.

--

Taca da Liga Semi-Final
benfica.png

Lineup - Costa, Pinheiro, Leite (Maksimovic), Cardoso, Wendell, Oliveira, Vitinha, Conceicao (Katompa), Otavio (Vieira), Diaz, Toni Martinez

We reach the final but it was too close for comfort - especially since we threw away a 2 goal lead. Tbh a draw was a fair result so penalties had to decide the game and while we both missed our first penalties Costa saved their 3rd from Rafa and we won through.

I had to play 2 U21 Portuguese players so was forced to drop Ramsay and call up Pinheiro into the first team squad to play.

--

Taca da Liga Final
brafa.png

Lineup
- Costa, Pinheiro, Leite, Cardoso, Vegas, Oliveira, Vitinha (Baro), Conceicao (Katompa), Otavio, Diaz (Evanilson*), Toni Martinez

Just 4 games in and I have won my first trophy at FC Porto!!!

Tbh Braga did quite well and we only had a Toni Martinez goal to show for our efforts before we scored twice in the final 3min and yet there was still time for them to get a consolation goal.

--

SUMMARY

I am still finding my feet at the club naturally but in 4 matches I have already won the Portuguese league cup so I have had a decent start to my time here. Hopefully once the players learn my tactics and get used to it the performances will improve but I am happy with how things have gone so far.

Regarding the transfer window I sold keeper Claudio Ramos to Roma for £1.2m and Danny Loader to FC Twente for £675,000 but I failed to move on Diego Costa or Marchesin. I did receive a £40m bid from Arsenal for Toni Martinez but I rejected it.

It was obvious that I needed new full backs for either side and on my arrival I immediately moved to bring in Calvin Ramsay on loan from my old club Chelsea. Since my departure he has only played once (because I had agreed to sign Livramento lol) so he comes here to play regular football and he should excel.
ramsay.png

Then on deadline day I brought in a left back. Jorge came in from Palmeiras for a bargain £7.5m. He has 1 cap for Brazil and while he is no world beater he should do a good job for us.
jorge.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TONI MARTINEZ
TM.png

--

PRIMEIRA LIGA
TABLE.png

1640528640995.png

FEBRUARY

maritimo.png

Lineup
- Costa, Ramsay*, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira (Grujic), Vitinha, Conceicao, Otavio, Diaz, Toni Martinez (Taremi)

Calvin Ramsay shone here as he assisted the first goal before scoring the decisive winner. Good signs!

--

boavista.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira, Vitinha (Baro), Conceicao, Otavio (Taremi), Diaz*, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

Luis Diaz is some player! He notched a double here as he terrorised the Boavista defence. Conceicao and Olveira also scored as did Evanilson who seems to be a super sub for me at the moment.

--

gv.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Grujic, Vitinha (Baro), Conceicao (Katompa), Vieira*, Diaz, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

I was forced to make a few changes here and the incoming Fabio Vieira stood out with his performance as he collected a goal, an assist and the MOM award. Otavio has been quite poor at AMC so far so that gives me something to think about.

--

sporting.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira, Vitinha, Conceicao (Katompa), Vieira (Otavio), Diaz, Toni Martinez (Taremi)

INFURIATING!!!!!

Despite being 2-0 up with less than 20min to go we fail to beat one of our greatest rivals as we inexplicably drop 2pts. Sure we have plenty of games in hand, even over Sporting, but I have standards and this did not meet them!

--

moreirense.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay (Katompa), Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira*, Vitinha (Grujic), Conceicao, Otavio, Diaz (Evanilson), Toni Martinez

We get back to winning ways here thanks to first half goals from Conceicao and Oliveira. They had a late goal disallowed but I am delighted with the clean sheet as it is the first in the league for me at the club. This win takes us top of the league alongside Braga but we have 3 games in hand!

--

vizela.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira*, Vitinha (Grujic), Conceicao (Katompa), Otavio (Taremi), Diaz, Toni Martinez

I am happy with this result. Thankfully we were already 2-0 up when Toni Martinez got sent-off but in the end we still managed to score a 3rd as Oliveira drilled home a Ramsay pass. Conceicao went off injured in the first 10min so we didnt have our problems to seek!

--

arouca.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay*, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira (Baro), Vitinha, Vieira, Otavio (Pepe), Diaz, Taremi (Evanilson)

Arouca proved to be stubborn opponents here but we got the win thanks to a Fabio Vieira goal. Calvin Ramsay certainly seems to be loving life in Portugal!!!!

--

SUMMARY

We kicked on a bit this month as some of our performances really went up a gear although we did struggle to beat Arouca and we threw away a 2 goal lead to draw against Sporting Lisbon however we end the month top of the league on level points but with 3 games in hand!

My 2 new full backs, Ramsay and Jorge, have hit the ground running and have added an extra dimension to the side and I have just realised that Jorge had a loan spell with our B team earlier in his career so that is an added bonus.

We just need to keep on doing what we are doing and success will come!

A future destination became available - Hamburg. No ta. Although in FM21 I am pretty sure they were my 2nd or 3rd team last year when I did the challenge.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SERGIO OLIVEIRA
oliveira.png

--

PRIMEIRA LIGA
FEB.png

1640549586189.png

MARCH

5-0.png

Lineup
- Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge (Manafa), Oliveira, Vitinha, Katompa, Otavio, Diaz*, Toni Martinez (Taremi)

Luis Diaz was unplayable here as he put in a 9.9 AVR with 3 goals and 1 assist. I am just annoyed that we rattled in 5 goals in the first half (4 in the first 20min no less) yet didnt add any more in the 2nd half. My pet hate!

--

Taca de Portugal Semi-Final 1st Leg
sf1.png

Lineup
- Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas (Cardoso), Jorge*, Oliveira, Vitinha, Conceicao (Katompa), Otavio, Diaz, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

We have the advantage going into the 2nd leg as Luis Diaz bundled the ball home from 2 yards out to give us the win. We were dominant throughout but didnt get the goals that our play deserved.

--

tondela.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas*, Jorge, Oliveira, Vitinha (Grujic), Conceicao (Katompa), Otavio, Diaz, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

We werent at the races here but scored the winner deep into stoppage time when Evanilson was played through and he lobbed their keeper from 20 yards. Vitinha went off injured and will be out for 5 or 6 weeks.

--

pm.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay (Manafa), Leite, Vegas, Jorge*, Oliveira, Baro (Grujic), Conceicao, Otavio, Diaz, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

A decent win and performance. Francisco Conceicao netted a goal which is pleasing. I need him to keep developing and putting in top performances so he can be an elite player.

--

SUMMARY

4 games, 4 wins and 4 clean sheets - nothing to complain about here! It does seem that we are a class above everybody in Portugal and it is a case of just keep plugging away and the rewards will come. We are 3pts clear with 2 games in hand with just 10 games left - surely it is ours!

The youth intake was decent enough with a few players signed up.

In other news 2 more future destinations became available - Aston Villa and Marseille - but they dont appeal to me and Chelsea sacked Diego Simeone!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUIS DIAZ
DIAZ.png

--

PRIMEIRA LIGA
mar.png