FM22 UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHALLENGE

1640620868313.png

APRIL

maritimo.png

Lineup
- Costa, Ramsay (Pinheiro), Leite, Vegas, Jorge*, Grujic, Baro, Conceicao, Otavio (Vieira), Diaz, Toni Martinez

Nothing to see here. We got a win and a clean sheet with Toni Martinez getting the only goal. I was missing my first choice central midfielders but Grujic and Baro did alright in their place.

--

ave.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira, Baro (Vitinha), Conceicao, Otavio (Vieira), Diaz*, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

Having kept 7 clean sheets in a row in the league our defence was posted missing here as we conceded twice but fortunately we managed to get 3 goals ourselves to win the match.

--

pdf.png

Lineup - Costa, Manafa, Leite, Vegas, Jorge (Wendell), Oliveira*, Baro, Conceicao, Otavio (Vieira), Diaz (Evanilson), Toni Martinez

By far and away this is our best performance so far since I have arrived at the club. We were unplayable and a special mention goes to Segio Oliveira, not for his hat-trick, but he had 3 goals this season when I came to the club and now he has 13!!!!

--

benfica.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay (Manafa), Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira, Baro (Vitinha), Conceicao, Otavio*, Diaz, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

I am delighted with this win as we beat our greatest rivals. We move 8pts clear at the top of the table and have 2 games in hand so the league title is all but over. Oliveira scored yet again while Otavio, who has been very disappointing, also got a goal. He needs to score and contribute a load more though.

--

Taca de Portugal Semi-Final 2nd Leg
sporting.png

Lineup
- Costa, Manafa*, Leite (Cardoso), Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira, Baro, Conceicao (Katompa), Otavio (Vieira), Evanilson, Toni Martinez

Into the final we go as we edge out Sporting Lisbon. We struggled against 10 men to be fair but Wilson Manafa scored a great goal in stoppage time to seal the win. We will play Benfica in the final. Otavio got injured here and will be out for the rest of the season.

--

academica.png

Lineup - Costa, Manafa, Leite, Vegas (Cardoso), Jorge (Ramsay), Grujic (Vitinha), Baro, Conceicao*, Vieira, Diaz, Toni Martinez

This win puts us 11pts clear with a game in hand!

--

nacional.png

Lineup - Costa*, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge (Manafa), Oliveira, Baro, Conceicao (Katompa), Vieira, Diaz, Toni Martinez (Evanilson)

CHAMPIONS!!!!

I didnt actually realise until kick-off that we would be confirmed as the league winners if we won this match but win it we did even though we were far from our best. We won the game though thanks to a goal from my Colombian winger Luis Diaz and that proved to be enough for us to claim the title. Another boost for my CV!

--

vicente.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay*, Leite, Cardoso, Jorge, Baro (Grujic), Vitinha, Conceicao, Vieira, Evanilson, Toni Martinez (Taremi)

With the league title already won this was a nothing match but we still put on a decent performance. Calvin Ramsay scored a stunning goal in stoppage time. He has also recently won his first caps for Scotland.

--

SUMMARY

We won the league this month which was expected so we go into the final month of the season with 3 league games to go and also with a cup final to prepare for so I might rest some players for that to secure the domestic treble. We won the title by defeating Nacional 1-0 which was a scrappy match but we got the job done. That secured Champions League football and I have been given an initial £20m transfer budget for next season.......

That all depends on what crops up in the summer however.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SERGIO OLIVEIRA
OLIVEIR.png

--

PRIMEIRA LIGA
apr.png

1640631122137.png

MAY

santa.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay (Manafa), Cardoso, Vegas, Jorge (Wendell), Oliveira, Vitinha, Conceicao (Katompa), Vieira, Diaz, Evanilson

The league might be won but my standards were not met here as we were 2nd best and dropped 2pts here despite taking the lead through Conceicao.

--

braga.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge*, Oliveira, Vitinha (Baro), Conceicao, Vieira, Evanilson, Taremi (Katompa)

We bounce back after our previous disappointment with a fine win here. Evanilson put us in front and then Jorge smashed in a stunning effort to seal the match with a powerful effort from 20 yards into the top corner. He has been a fine signing. This win gives us a record points total for a Portuguese top flight season.

--

CLARA.png

Lineup - Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas, Jorge, Oliveira, Vitinha (Baro), Conceicao (Katompa), Vieira, Evanilson, Taremi*

When I came to the club Mehdi Taremi was the top scorer and main man at the club but I have kinda frozen him out and have already agreed to sell him but he scored twice here which was very pleasing.

--

Taca de Portugal Final
final.png

Lineup
- Costa, Ramsay, Leite, Vegas (Cardoso), Jorge, Oliveira, Vitinha, Conceicao, Vieira (Baro), Diaz*, Evanilson (Taremi)

We win the domestic treble!!!!!!!

This was an entertaining final as 6 goals were scored. Thankfully we got 4 of them with Diaz and Conceicao ripping apart the Benfica defence. We also had a goal disallowed!

--

SUMMARY

This month was all about the cup final as the league title was already won and thankfully we were successful as we defeated Benfica 4-2 to complete the domestic treble. We saw out the final 3 league games by being unbeaten which means that I havent actually lost a game with FC Porto yet.

At the moment it looks like I will be sticking around with FC Porto as it doesnt look like a bigger job at a future destination will be becoming available.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FRANCISCO CONCEICAO
conceicao.png

--

PRIMEIRA LIGA
table.png

1640687330529.png

SEASON REVIEW

I may only have been at the club 4-5 months but it has been a successful period of time! I took over the club in the middle of January and led them to the league title, league cup and Portuguese cup! Job done! Well not quite as of course the Champions League is where my time will be complete here such is the nature of the save.

We won the title by 12pts and only lost 1 game (under my predecessor) during the campaign and while we won the other 2 domestic cups although we were eliminated from Europe before I got to the club.

As I have said before it looks like I am staying at Porto for the next wee while so I will be eagerly trying to improve my squad during the summer.

Real Madrid beat PSG 2-1 in the Champions League final.

--

PRIMEIRA LIGA

table.png

--

SQUAD

SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

My Player of the Season - Luis Diaz
My Young Player of the Season - Francisco Conceicao
Must Improve - Vitinha
Donkey of the Season - Diego Costa​

1640770738579.png

JULY 2023

So there I was quite happily going about my business at Porto and building a half decent side. I had brought in a decent Brazilian right back, loaned in Nuno Tavares from Arsenal, signed Umtiti on a free and even brought Cristiano Ronaldo back to Portugal for £12.5m but elsewhere Pep Guardioa left Man City and the person who took his job left a very attractive proposition for me...............

--

1640770880596.png

LIVERPOOL!!!!

Yep. Jurgen Klopp took the Man City job and after an interview I was offered the Liverpool post which I duly accepted. I was loving life at Porto but the chance to take Liverpool over was too great to turn down. To make things better they even have Erling Haaland!!!!!
1.png

2.png

There is plenty of talent to work with for sure however I just have £17m of a transfer budget so some tinkering may have to be done! They finished runners-up in the league last season so we are in the Champions League and are expected to reach the final.​

1640779260966.png

AUGUST

west ham.png

Lineup
- Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold*, Van Dijk, Fabinho (Gomez), Robertson, Keita (Thiago), Musah, Salah, Roberto Firmino (Jones), Mane, Haaland

Not bad. Unbeknown to me Liverpool signed Haaland in the summer before my arrival so this was his debut and he duly scored a goal and had one disallowed. Alisson was injured so Kelleher started in goal while my recent signing, Yunus Musah, made his debut.

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita, Musah (Thiago), Salah, Roberto Firmino (Jones), Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland*

Man Utd are the reigning champions but we wiped the floor with them here. Haaland netted a double - I had Lukaku scoring 59 in a season for Chelsea and already Haaland looks like he can match that!

--

EVERTON.png

Lineup - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Thiago), Musah, Salah, Roberto Firmino (Jones), Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland*

Derby day joy!! Erling Haaland scored another double including a stoppage time winner as we beat our local rivals. Everton were dogged opponents and probably deserved a point but we did also have a goal disallowed.

--

SUMMARY

So I arrived at Liverpool with just a few weeks to put things in place. I immediately made moves in the transfer market and sold Mazraoui to Leipzig for £51m, Corona to Napoli for £32m and Duvan Zupata to Juventus for £20.5m!

I desperately needed a CM and I plumped for the 20y/o American, Yunus Musah, from Valencia and I paid out £60m to bring him in. He was highly rated by my scouts and will do a job immediately and will also have a long term future at the club.
musah.png

I also needed a young back up striker and moved to sign Benjamin Sesko from RB Salzburg for £14.75m. The wonderkid was a cheap signing and is a squad filler really as I have plenty of options up front with Haaland, Mane, Salah, Firmino and Jota!
sesko.png

Then came the matches and we have started the season with 3 wins. West Ham were swatted away 2-0 before we beat the reigning champions Man Utd 3-1 and then won the Merseyside derby 3-2 thanks to a stoppage time goal. Erling Haaland has netted 5 goals in 3 games and that is ominous for the rest of the league.

Deadline day was tasty! I sold William Carvalho to Spurs for £22.75m and Anderlecht bought Neco Williams for £15m and Sepp Van Den Berg for £14.75m! I was after an AMC and needed to raise £4m to get the deal done so by taking in £50m I certainly did that.....................

MESSI.png

LIONEL MESSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With Salah, Mane and Haaland I have 3 of the best attacking talents around and I have bolstered my attacking options by bringing in Messi for £17.5m and he will play at AMC. Surely to god we will win the Champions League with such an array of attacking talent. It also means I have signed Messi and Ronaldo within a month for different clubs!

Finally in the Champions League we were drawn alongside PSG, AC Milan and Club Brugge. Tricky but with the squad that I have we now should fear nobody.
1640783079362.png
1640783092845.png
1640783114046.png
1640783134580.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ERLING HAALAND
HAALAND.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUG.png

1640801778854.png

SEPTEMBER

spurs.png

Lineup
- Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Henderson), Musah, Salah*, Messi, Mane, Haaland

My fab 4 all started for the first time here and they all got a goal. Messi introduced himself to the crowd with a stunning free-kick goal after just 8min and for the first half we were simply sensational. In the 2nd half our levels dropped though and when they got it back to 4-3 I was worried but Musah scored his first goal for the club to clinch the win.

--

man city.png

Lineup - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson*, Keita, Musah, Salah (Elliott), Messi, Mane, Haaland (Roberto Firmino)

The top 2 went head to head here with 100% records and played out an entertaining 1-1 draw. We were the better side though and were unlucky not to win.

--

UEFA Champions League Group G
brugge.png

Lineup
- Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita (Thiago), Musah, Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane, Haaland*

We are favourites for the Champions League and we played up to that tag here as we battered Club Brugge. Salah put us in front and Erling Haaland helped himself to a hat-trick which included a wonderful free-kick.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi, Keita (Henderson), Thiago, Salah, Messi, Mane, Haaland*

WOW!!!!

We were simply unplayable here. Haaland smashed in 5, Thiago put on a midfield masterclass with a stunning goal and 3 assists while Lionel Messi scored a screamer. A perfect day at the office!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
hull.png

Lineup
- Kelleher, Gabriel Menino, Matip, Gomez, Renan Lodi, Henderson, Thiago (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Elliott, Roberto Firmino (Clark), Diogo Jota (Jones), Sesko*

I put out my backups here and they got the job done. Sesko scored a brace on his debut and it was good for the likes of Elliott, Gomez and Diogo Jota to get a start. Jota was hopeless though.

--

newcastle.png

Lineup - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk*, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Thiago), Musah, Salah (Elliott), Messi, Mane, Haaland (Diogo Jota)

Harvey Elliott came off the bench to score the late winner here much to my delight. My beloved Newcastle got promoted and have splashed the cash but this defeat sends them back into the relegation zone.

--

SUMMARY

We played some scintillating stuff this month and smashed in the goals as we put 5 past Spurs, 4 past Club Brugge and a staggering 8 past Brighton. My fab 4 of Messi, Mane, Salah and Haaland seem to have clicked into gear with Haaland certainly enjoying himself as he scored 2 hat-tricks including a 5 goal haul against Brighton. I really think that with my four attacking players that we are bound to have success although our next match against PSG will be a good barometer.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ERLING HAALAND
erling.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
SEP.png

1640808246857.png

OCTOBER

psg.png

Lineup
- Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho (Gomez), Renan Lodi, Keita (Gabriel Menino), Thiago, Salah, Messi*, Mane, Haaland

Incredible!!!! I was using this match as a barometer to how good my team is and my players put on a masterclass as we smahed moneybags PSG 5-0 with all the goals coming in the first 20min. We really could have scored more and embarrassed them further but I cant have any real complaints.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho (Gomez), Robertson, Keita, Musah, Salah*, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Diogo Jota (Jones), Haaland

Leicester came into this game having not conceded a goal in the league this season so when we fell behind early on I was worried that we would fall to our first league defeat but I neednt have worried as we went on to put 5 past Leicester with Mo Salah getting a hat-trick.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk*, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Thiago), Musah, Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane, Haaland

A bog standard win but it came at a cost as Messi and Alexander-Arnold went off injured with Messi being out for a month. Mo Salah had 2 goals disallowed here.

--

milan.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Gabriel Menino (Matip), Gomez, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita, Thiago, Elliott (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Roberto Firmino, Mane (Jones), Diogo Jota

I was without several players here due to injury, lack of fitness or needing a rest so I am pretty content that we managed to avoid defeat. Gabriel Menino had a shocker at right back.

--

palace.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi (Gomez), Keita, Musah, Salah, Roberto Firmino (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Mane, Haaland*

Erling Haaland scored a hat-trick to take him up to 20 goals for the season so far. He is settling in nicely!

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round
wba.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino (De Marco), Matip, Gomez, Renan Lodi, Henderson, Thiago*, Elliott, Roberto Firmino (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Diogo Jota (Jones), Sesko

My backups got another run out here and they did just enough to qualify us for the next round. Thiago put us ahead early on and then Jones converted a penalty just minutes after Sesko had a goal disallowed. They pulled one back in stoppage time to no avail.

--

SUMMARY

Another successful month and it got off to a perfect start as we smashed PSG 5-0 at Anfield. We were imperious in that match as we were 5-0 up after just 20min and they couldnt handle us! It really was a stonking performance. We followed that up with a 5-1 win over Leicester which was also pleasing and we actually won all of our other matches apart from our away draw with AC Milan.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
VIRGIL VAN DIJK
vvd.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
oct.png

1640814076975.png

NOVEMBER

villa.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk, Fabinho (Matip), Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Musah, Salah*, Roberto Firmino, Mane, Haaland

I dont like Villa so thumping them is always nice. We had a goal disallowed too so it could have been more.

--

0-0.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Thiago (Jones), Salah, Roberto Firmino, Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland

Not good enough. This draw actually means we lose top spot in the group so we have 2 matches to sort that out!

--

watford.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi (Gomez), Keita, Musah, Salah, Roberto Firmino (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Mane*, Diogo Jota (Sesko)

For the 3rd league game in a row we score 4 goals and we also had 2 disallowed! Not bad considering I was without Haaland, Messi and Robertson! Sesko came off the bench to make his league debut and helped himself to a goal.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk*, Fabinho, Robertson, Thiago (Henderson), Musah, Salah (Elliott), Messi, Mane, Diogo Jota (Sesko)

My players obviously thought that scoring 4 league goals in a game was getting boring so they went one better here lol. Van Dijk was the surprise scorer of 2 goals while Messi netted on his return from injury.

--

2-1#.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Van Dijk, De Marco, Robertson, Keita, Musah (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland

We wrestle back control of the group with this win. We fell behind but soon levelled through a Haaland header and then in the 2nd half Messi popped up with a free-kick to score against his old club.

--

SUMMARY

The Liverpool steam train keeps chugging along and it seems that only AC Milan have an answer on how to stop us as they drew against us again here. Otherwise we won every match including a big 2-1 win away to PSG which means we are all but assured our place as group winners in the Champions League.

Gabriel Menino is unhappy and has performed terribly so expect him to be on the move soon while my beloved Newcastle as well as Arsenal and Spurs have sacked their managers. Neither are future destinations although the Hamburg job did pop up!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SADIO MANE
mane.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
nov.png

1640883572617.png

DECEMBER

arsenal.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Fabinho, Renan Lodi, Keita, Musah (Henderson), Elliott (Diogo Jota), Messi (Roberto Firmino*), Mane, Haaland

Arsenal are in the relegation zone surprisingly and we piled on the misery here although we made hard work for it and only scored our winning goal late on just minutes after they had a man sent-off.

--

cb.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Van Dijk, De Marco*, Renan Lodi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson, Elliott, Roberto Firmino, Jones (Clark), Diogo Jota

This win secures our place as group winners and even better - AC Milan beat PSG to knock them out!!!! Having said that we didnt beat AC Milan in our 2 matches against each other this season.
group.png

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), De Marco, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Musah, Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane, Haaland*

Erling Haaland was born in Leeds and put them to the sword here as he scored 4 goals and missed a penalty. Alexander-Arnold went off injured and will be out for a month but the recently transfer listed Gabriel Menino came on for him and got 2 assists! Thats now 10 league wins in a row now.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Van Dijk, Fabinho (De Marco), Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Musah, Salah, Messi, Mane (Jones), Haaland*

Another comprehensive victory. Haaland scored a brace as did Messi via a penalty and a free-kick. I think he has only scored 1 goal in open play for us!!!!

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Henderson, Salah (Elliott), Messi*, Mane, Haaland (Sesko)

I came up against my old club here and we just edged them out thanks to an early Haaland goal before he limped off with an injury. Fortunately he is only out for a few days.

--

wolves.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Henderson, Robertson, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Musah, Salah*, Messi, Mane (Jones), Diogo Jota

I was without 8 first team players here including ALL of my CBs!!!!! In the end I went with just 1 makeshift CB in the form of Jordan Henderson, play with 2 full backs and have a DMC yet we blew them away! We were incredible as we smashed in 9 goals and we were without Haaland as well!!!! Absolutely incredible! We also had a goal disallowed from Salah too!

--

brentford.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Henderson, Robertson, Keita (De Marco), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Musah, Salah (Roberto Firmino), Messi, Mane (Jones), Diogo Jota

None of my CBs were fit enough to start, only De Marco from the bench, so I rocked up with the same lineup as our last match and we duly failed to score for the first time in the league this season! My players were out on their feet in truth and while we did have a goal disallowed we didnt really deserve to win the game.

--

Carabao Cup Quarter-Final
qf.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Henderson), Musah, Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland*

This match ends 2023 and it was ended in fine style as we cruise into the semis after scoring 5 past Southampton. Haaland's hat-trick takes him up to 32 goals fo rthe season so far!

--

SUMMARY

The goals continued to fly in this month as our insane appetite to scoring was in full flow. None more so than against Wolves when we won 9-2 with a depleted side out and a crazy formation in place! Southampton were hit for 5 twice and 6 were put past Leeds. Brentford on the other hand had the answer and actually stopped us scoring but we still end the month top of the table albeit by just 3pts.

Gabriel Menino has fought his way back into my good books as he got a run of games and actually did quite well so I may now not sell him in January!

The jobs at Feyenoord and Aston Villa became availabe while Pep Guardiola has rocked up at Arsenal and changed their fortunes and Andrea Pirlo is at Newcastle.

Finally in the Champions League we have been drawn against Rangers so that is a great tie for us and should see us into the quarter-finals.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ERLING HAALAND
monster.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
dec.png

1640944806702.png

JANUARY

west ham.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Gabriel Menino (Gomez), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Musah, Salah, Messi*, Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland

Erling Haaland won all the world player of the year awards just days before this match but he was off form here. The new African footballer of the year wasnt though as Mo Salah scored but Messi was the star with a trademark free-kick and an assist.

--

spurs.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino (Alexander-Arnold), Van Dijk (Gomez), Fabinho, Robertson*, Keita, Musah, Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane, Haaland

This was a hard fought win and it took a stunning 25 yard effort from Mo Salah to win us the game. Man Utd dropped points so we are now 5pts clear at the top.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg
0-0.png

Lineup
- Alisson*, Gabriel Menino (Alexander-Arnold), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi (Gomez), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson, Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane, Diogo Jota

I am very happy with this result. We were missing several players and several others were unfit but we dug in deep and frustrated Man City and came away with a goalless draw thanks to Alisson's heroics.

--

FA Cup 3rd Round
blackpool.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Gabriel Menino (Goljan), De Marco (Matip), Gomez, Renan Lodi*, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Roberto Firmino (Clark), Diogo Jota, Sesko

Not bad. My backups got a run out here and they got us through but it wasnt very comfortable. Renan Lodi and Elliott both scored screamers from long range.

--

Carabao Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg
6-2.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gomez), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Musah, Salah, Messi, Mane*, Diogo Jota (Sesko)

Unbelievable! We wipe the floor with Man City and smashed them for 6 to get into the final. Fabinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain got their first goals of the season and their manager Jurgen Klopp must be regretting taking the Man City job now!

--

everton.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gomez), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita, Musah, Salah (Elliott), Messi (Alli), Mane, Haaland*

Nothing to see here. Just Erling Haaland scoring 5 goals in the Merseyside derby! This is the 2nd time in the league that he has done that this season. Dele Alli, my recent signing, came off the bench to make his debut here.

--

city.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Musah (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Salah, Messi, Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland*

We have dominated many games this season but none more so than this one yet the scoreline doesnt show our dominance and in the end we had to rely upon a stoppage time winner from Erling Haaland.

--

brighton.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez*, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Musah, Salah, Roberto Firmino (Alli), Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland

Salah and Haaland were at it again and Salah also had a ridiculous goal disallowed for some reason - I cant even explain how he scored it but it looked like a backwards flick/overhead kick from 20 yards!

--

palace.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain (Gustavo Assuncao), Salah, Messi*, Mane, Haaland

Crystal Palace are currently without a manager and we took advantage of that here as we shoved in another 5 goals. With 13 league games to go we are 13 goals away from 100!

--

SUMMARY

What a month!!! We extended our lead at the top of the table from 3pts up to 13 and we still remain unbeaten! We are seemingly unbeatable and as ever the goals keep flying in as my fab 4 are just too good. Add to that the fact we beat Man City 6-2 to get into the Carabao Cup final and it just shows our strength and depth considering the fitness issues that we have had.

I sold Jordan Henderson this month to Spurs for £13.5m. Mainly because he is a mackem lol.

In his place on deadline day came Gustavo Assuncao from Famalicao for £20m.
ga.png

I also signed Schjelderup from Nordsjaelland for much cheapness and loaned him back out and also Noah Mbamba from Club Brugge.
schjelderup.png
mbamba.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ERLING HAALAND
beast.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
jan.png

1640975875974.png

FEBRUARY

newcastle.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold*, Gomez, Fabinho, Renan Lodi, Keita, Musah, Salah (Elliott), Roberto Firmino, Mane (Jones), Haaland (Diogo Jota)

Newcastle are on an upturn of form but that is no excuse for us not to win this game. We absolutely battered them but they scored with all 3 shots on target! Hey ho.

--

FA Cup 4th Round
sunderland.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino, De Marco (Mbamba), Gomez*, Renan Lodi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gustavo Assuncao, Elliott, Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota (Jones), Sesko (Rodgers)

As a Newcastle fan it is always nice to beat Newcastle. Just a bit petty lol.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita (Gustavo Assuncao), Musah (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Salah, Roberto Firmino, Mane, Haaland

One of those days. We created a load of chances, they offered nothing, but we failed to score. Meh.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
rangers.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Musah (Gustavo Assuncao), Salah*, Messi, Mane, Haaland

This should be good enough to see us into the quarter-finals. I will probably rest players in the 2nd leg now, especially since it will be played at Anfield.

--

burnley.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi (Gomez), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Musah (Thiago), Salah*, Roberto Firmino (Alli), Mane, Haaland

This could have been 15-2 in truth but we went easy on Burnley and only scored 4. I feel another huge win is brewing though.

--

SUMMARY

This month basically saw us clinch the title as we have moved 11 pts clear at the top of the table. No matter how bad our form slumps if it does we are not going to throw away a lead this big surely!!!!

I forgot to add last month that I signed Dele Alli from Spurs for £11m as a squad filler!
alli.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOHAMED SALAH
salah.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
FEB.png

1641035229636.png

MARCH

Carabao Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Fabinho, Robertson*, Keita (Thiago), Musah, Salah (Diogo Jota), Messi, Mane (Jones), Haaland

The Carabao Cup is ours and it was won thanks to a stunning effort from Andy Robertson as he bent a shot into the far top corner from 25 yards. A fitting way to end any final.

--

FA Cup 5th Round
sheff wed.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Gabriel Menino, De Marco, Gomez (Mbamba), Renan Lodi, Gustavo Assuncao (Thiago), Oxlade-Chamberlain*, Elliott, Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota, Sesko (Jones)

Its always nice to give my backups a run out and see them win convincingly. Oxlade-Chamberlain has been a bit part player this year but shone here.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Oxlade-Chamberlain (Thiago), Musah, Salah, Messi*, Mane, Haaland

Always nice to beat Aston Villa. They are currently in the relegation places so I would love them to go down but infuriatingly they are a future destination.............

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
huns.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi, Thiago (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Musah*, Salah (Diogo Jota), Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane, Haaland

Yunus Musah has been a revelation for us this season since I signed him from Valencia for £60m and he popped up with 2 goals here to complete the job over the 2 legs and we march into the quarter-finals.

--

watford.png

Lineup - Kelleher, Alexander-Arnold*, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Thiago, Musah, Salah, Messi, Mane (Jones), Haaland

This result takes us up to 100 goals scored in the league this season and we still have 8 games to go!!! Trent Alexander-Arnold assisted 3 of the goals here.

--

FA Cup Quarter-Final
qf.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson*, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gustavo Assuncao (Gabriel Menino), Salah (Roberto Firmino), Messi (Jones), Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland

The one thing I didnt want was for this to go to extra-time but it did so it is just as well we won through in the end. Haaland scored a brace while Robertson got 2 assists.

--

SUMMARY

We claimed the Carabao Cup this month as we beat Man Utd 1-0 in the final thanks to a stunning Andrew Robertson goal. We actually won all 6 games this month including an extra-time victory over Man City in the FA Cup and we have been drawn against Championship side Bournemouth in the semis.

In the Champions League we knocked out Rangers and have Inter Milan up next so thats a decent enough tie.

The youth intake was shocking!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDREW ROBERTSON
robertson.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
mar.png

1641041415528.png

APRIL

arsenal.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho (Gomez), Robertson, Keita, Musah (Thiago), Salah, Messi*, Mane, Haaland (Diogo Jota)

Lionel Messi has just extended his contract and taken a £150,000 a week pay cut and he celebrated that with 2 goals against Arsenal here who proved to be tough opponents. There season has turned around since Guardiola joined them and they are still in the Champions League.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
inter.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez*, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita, Gabriel Menino, Salah, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane (Jones), Haaland

We were superb here and should have won it by 5 or 6 but in the end we got 3 with 2 goals coming in stoppage time from my subs Roberto Firmino and Curtis Jones. This should see us into the semis.

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Gomez, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita (Gabriel Menino), Musah, Salah*, Messi, Mane, Sesko (Alli)

Mo Salah scored a hat-trick here as he closes in on the 30 goal mark for the season. Lionel Messi is hunting down 20 and has actually scored 1 more than Mane.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
milan.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Fabinho, Renan Lodi, Keita (Thiago*), Musah, Salah, Messi (Jones), Mane, Haaland (Roberto Firmino)

Thiago came off the bench here to score wonder goals to win us the game. His first was a bending effort from 25 yards and his 2nd was a thunderbolt from over 30 yards out!!

--

FA Cup Semi-Final
bmouth.png

Lineup
- Alisson*, Gabriel Menino, Gomez, De Marco (Mbamba), Renan Lodi, Oxlade-Chamberlain (Gustavo Assuncao), Thiago, Elliott (Clark), Roberto Firmino, Jones, Sesko

I gave my backups a chance in aid to rest my first teamers and ever they did well. Thiago scored with a free-kick and Sesko took advantage of a defensive mix up to seal things. Calvin Ramsay who won the Champions League with me with Chelsea and then a treble on loan at Porto with me is on loan at Bournemouth. A bit of a drop!

--

man utd.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita, Musah, Salah (Elliott), Messi (Renan Lodi), Jones (Roberto Firmino), Haaland

Our lead is cut down to 5pts as we suffer our first defeat of the season in all competitions. We just didnt perform at all and put in a terrible performance.

--

chelsea.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi, Keita (Oxlade-Chamberlain), Thiago, Salah, Messi, Mane (Jones), Haaland (Alli)

We drop another 2pts here. Mane gave us the lead but Chelsea dominated in truth and deservedly equalised. My players were on their feet at the final whistle which is a worry considering our next game is away to Juventus in just a few days time.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
juventus.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Thiago), Musah, Salah (Roberto Firmino), Messi, Mane (Jones), Haaland

What a comeback! We were 2-0 down and looking well beaten but despite the tiredness my players battled back to score 2 late goals to level the tie with Salah grabbing his 30th of the season.

--

SUMMARY

This month was incredibly tough not only with the fixtures that we had but also due to the games coming thick and fast and my players are really struggling for fitness. It came to a head against Man Utd as we lost our first game of the season but they then lost to Norwich while we drew with Chelsea so despite dropping points we are still 6pts clear with a game in hand.

The Champions League is where our focus is mainly on and we easily beat Inter Milan and then got drawn against Juventus and we fought back from 2 down to salvage a draw and we have the 2nd leg at home so we should be confident in getting a positive result!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOHAMED SALAH
mo.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
apr.png

1641049419605.png

MAY

brentford.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, De Marco, Gomez, Robertson, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain (Thiago), Elliott, Roberto Firmino*, Mane (Diogo Jota), Sesko

A game of 2 halves. We were superb in the first half and led 3-0 at half-time but in the 2nd half they battered us and almost snatched a point but we held on thankfully.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
juventus.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk*, Fabinho, Robertson, Keita (Gomez), Musah (Thiago), Salah, Messi, Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland

Into the final we go. Juventus took us to extra-time here but we banged in 3 goals to see us qualify. Thiago scored another long range goal.

--

wolves.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold (Gabriel Menino), Van Dijk (Mbamba), De Marco, Renan Lodi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Thiago, Salah (Elliott), Roberto Firmino, Jones, Haaland*

CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Erling Haaland scored a hat-trick to take us to the title and he will now be rested for the finals along with my other first team regulars.

--

norwich.png

Lineup - Alisson, Gabriel Menino, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Renan Lodi, Oxlade-Chamberlain (Gustavo Assuncao), Thiago, Elliott, Roberto Firmino, Jones, Sesko (Alli)

Meh. I had to play Van Dijk and Fabinho as all my backup CBs were injured! We really should have won this match as Curtis Jones missed a penalty.

--

soton.png

Lineup - Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, De Marco, Mbamba, Renan Lodi, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Thiago (Gustavo Assuncao), Elliott (Alli), Roberto Firmino, Jones (Diogo Jota), Sesko

A pathetic performance and a disappointing way to end the league campaign.

--

FA Cup Final
final.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita (Musah), Thiago, Salah, Messi, Mane (Diogo Jota), Haaland*

An entertaining final. We complete the domestic treble with this win. Haaland scored a hat-trick but it was Thiago's goal that was the pick of the bunch as he chipped their keeper from 20 yards. He does score some stunning goals!

--

UEFA Champions League Final
bayern.png

Lineup
- Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Robertson (Renan Lodi), Keita, Musah (Thiago), Salah*, Messi (Roberto Firmino), Mane, Haaland

WE WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!

Bayern may have Mbappe in their ranks but they were no match for my side as we raced into a 2 goal lead early doors. They soon pulled one back through Musiala but Salah grabbed his 2nd in the second half and the final was won.

--

SUMMARY

This month was all about the 2 cup competitions as the league was all but won and thankfully we were successful in both. We wrapped up the title by beating Wolves away and that allowed us to rest players for the 2 cup finals although we didnt do too well in our last 2 league games.

We won the FA Cup by putting 5 past West Ham and then it was onto the Champions League final and we swept away Bayern Munich 3-1.

Liverpool it has been a blast!!!!

End of season post to follow.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
VIRGIL VAN DIJK
VVD.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
MAY.png

1641060157389.png

END OF SEASON POST

We won all 4 trophies this season so I am naturally delighted! We only lost 2 games in all competitions and tbh we played some scintillating stuff. I honestly believe that we had the best squad in the world and certainly the best attack as my front 4 of Messi, Haaland, Salah and Mane scored 134 goals between them.

We won the league by 8pts and did so by scoring 118 goals. Our first defeat came late on against Man Utd and our 2nd was when I was playing my backups but we were dominant throughout the season and the highlight was our 9-2 win over Wolves.

We won the Carabao Cup by beating Man Utd 1-0 in the final thanks to a great goal by Andy Robertson and in the FA Cup we thumped West Ham 5-2 in the final with Erling Haaland scoring a hat-trick.

The Champions League was the main aim however and as we went into it as favourites we certainly played up to the tag. In the group stage our best performance of the season came against PSG when we thumped them 5-0 and they ended up failing to get out of the group! Rangers were easily beaten in the 1st knockout round as was Inter Milan in the quarter-finals and then up came Juventus. We were 2-0 down and really struggling in the first leg but we fought back to draw with 2 late goals and then we beat them 3-0 in the 2nd leg after extra-time.

So it was up to Bayern Munich to stop the Liverpool juggernaut but they couldnt do it. We went 2-0 up early on and although they pulled a goal back Mo Salah scored his 2nd of the game to win us the cup.

So I now quit as Liverpool manager. With the Euros just around the corner I am not expecting to be out of work long but who knows? The Chelsea job is available but I have been there and done that lol.

--

PREMIER LEAGUE

MAY.png

--

SQUAD

squad.png
squad2.png

My Player of the Year - Erling Haaland
My Young Player of the Year - Yunus Musah
Donkey of the Season - Curtis Jones​

1641062990911.png

JULY 2021

I certainly wasnt out of work for long! I was offered an opportunity to interview for the Chelsea job which I naturally rejected and they went on to appoint Valverde and so he left his current job which just so happened to be at a future destination and I got offered the job at..................

1641063226962.png

AC MILAN!!!!!!!

My favourite Italian side! I am currently managing them in my online save but I had to go in for the job. They finished 3rd in the league last season and so therefor they are in the Champions League this season. They were the only side who we really struggled against at Liverpool last season and got to the quarter-finals.

In their squad they have great defenders including Josko Gvardiol. They are really strong in central midfield and they have just bought Roberto Firmino from Liverpool so I will be managing him again. I have been given £50m to spend to build them into Champions League winners.
ac.png
milan.png

--

And it doesnt end there.......................

1641063696836.png

I AM THE NEW SCOTLAND MANAGER!!!!!!

Just days after accepting the AC Milan job I was given the opportunity to manage my country. With the young talents of Billy Gilmour, Calvin Ramsay and Nathan Patterson the future should be bright for Scotland and it is up to me to make sure that they are competitive. They are currently ranked 31st in the world.​

Finally caught up!! Good going with 2 CL wins already mate, expect things to get a bit harder with Milan though

1641104263735.png

AUGUST

napoli.png

Lineup
- Maignan, Calabria, Tomori (Merino), Gvardiol, Hernandez, Tonali*, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Diaz (Roberto Firmino), Ontiveros (Maldini), Leao

A solid if unspectacular start. We got the early goal through Rafael Leao and basically controlled the game thereafter and never looked like conceding. A stereotypical Italain performance!

--

sassuolo.png

Lineup - Maignan, Calabria, Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez, Tonali (Bennacer), Kessie, Saelemaekers, Diaz*, Ontiveros (Maldini), Leao (Brenner)

Daniel Maldini was our unlikely hero here as he came off the bench to head in the winning goal. Both of our goals were set up by Brahim Diaz.

--

SUMMARY

Sure we played 2 games and won both but this month was all about me changing the squad but before I go into that I have to say that Liverpool appointed Erik Ten Hag as their new manager so the Ajax job came up and Ralph Rangnick became the new Germany manager so that meant that the Man Utd job was going too!!!!!

Anywho regarding transfers outgoing immediately was Robin Olsen (£1.6m), Vincenzo Millico (£1.4m), Danilo (£9m) and Ante Rebic for £19m so I raised a bit of cash.

Incoming before the first games of the season were 4 players. I really needed some depth in the forward areas so moved to bring back Patrick Cutrone to the club from Stuttgart for £6.5m and I also signed Brenner from RB Leipzig for a bargain £11m. I was able to bring him in as he has an Italian passport!
cutrone.png
brenner.png

I also desperately needed a winger who wouldnt cost a bomb so plumped for Javi Ontiveros of Villarreal. He has some amazing technical qualities and is quite quick so I hope he settles in well. At 26y/o he should be coming up to his peak performance years.
ontiveros.png

With Danilo leaving I needed a replacement RB and so in came Kevin Mbabu from Wolfsburg for £10m. He is solid enough defensively and is quite pacey and has never let me down before so I am happy with this signing.
mbabu.png

Then came the matches which you know about and then came the Champions League draw and we have been put in a really tough group alongside PSG, Atletico Madrid and Dinamo Kiev.
1641109908772.png
1641109932006.png
1641109947621.png
1641109978214.png

Then came deadline day and I went out and bought another 4 players!!!! Firstly was a bargain basement buy for my new backup keeper. Vicario joins us from Cagliari for £525,000.
vicario.png

Then I realised that I needed a backup LB so brought in Luca Pellegrini from Udinese for £5m. He is no world beater but he is solid enough and an Italian international so should do fine for us.
pellegrini.png

I felt like I needed another winger and saw that Rodrygo was listed for loan at Real Madrid so I snapped him up for literally next to nothing. He has lost his way at Real and his contract is due to expire at the end of the season so this is a big chance for him to prove his worth. He is still just 23y/o!
rodrygo.png

Then finally I splashed the cash to bring in Andrea Belotti from PSG for £32m. He is one of the best Italian strikers around and he wasnt getting a game at PSG so that allowed us to get him for a decent enough fee. He will provide competition for Leao up top and perversely his arrival has upset Brenner as apparently I didnt strengthen up front as promised!!!!
belotti.png

1641119340547.png

SEPTEMBER

venezia.png

Lineup
- Maignan, Calabria, Tomori, Gvardiol (Papetti), Hernandez*, Tonali, Kessie, Saelemaekers (Maldini), Diaz, Leao (Rodrygo), Belotti

Our performance wasnt reflected on the scoreline as we really should have scored 4 or 5 such was our dominance. Belotti netted a goal on his debut which was a nice boost!

--

UEFA Champions League Group F
atletico.png

Lineup
- Maignan, Calabria (Mbabu), Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez, Tonali*, Kessie (Bennacer), Saelemaekers (Ontiveros), Diaz, Leao, Belotti

A decent result. We fell behind to a Luis Suarez goal but in the 2nd half we dominated and levelled through Belotti and also missed chances to win the game.

--

spal.png

Lineup - Maignan, Calabria (Mbabu), Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez, Tonali*, Kessie, Saelemaekers (Rodrygo), Diaz, Leao, Belotti (Roberto Firmino)

I am still getting used to winning games but not by scoring 4 goals every game like we did at Liverpool. Solid but not spectacular!

--

lazio.png

Lineup - Maignan, Calabria, Tomori, Gvardiol (Merino), Hernandez*, Tonali (Bennacer), Kessie, Saelemaekers (Ontiveros), Diaz, Leao, Belotti

Both ourselves and Lazio went into this match (as well as Juventus) with 100% records and we emerged from the match as winners after a perfect away performance. Belotti struck early on and then Kessie converted a penalty to make it 3 league games in a row in which he has scored in.

--

lecce.png

Lineup
- Maignan, Calabria (Mbabu), Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez (Pellegrini), Tonali*, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Diaz (Brenner), Leao, Belotti

We were sensational here as 40 attempts at goal proves. Sure we were helped by the fact that we got 2 penalties and they had 2 men sent-off but we just blew them away!

--

SUMMARY

My side has certainly started off well together! We have won every match in the league and even got a creditable draw away to Atletico Madrid in the Champions League. When I look at my starting XI I have a decent keeper, a world class defence and world class central midfielders. It is just in the attacking areas where we need to improve but if we dont concede we wont lose!!!!!

As for scoring goals - take a look at my Scotland results...................

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
tonali.png

--

SERIE A
sep.png

--

1641119427941.png

SCOTLAND

UEFA Nations League Division A Group 1
denmark.png

Lineup
- Kelly, Ramsay, Welsh, McTominay, Tierney, McGinn, Gilmour, Christie (Dembele), Ferguson, Gauld (Fraser), Adams (McBurnie)

Not bad. France and Belgium complete the group so it will be tough to survive but we got a decent point here. I gave Siriki Dembele his debut and have also convinced Alex Mowatt to represent us but failed with Angus Gunn, Karlan Grant and Connor Gallagher while Andy Robertson went ahead with his international retirement.

--

belgium.png

Lineup
- Kelly, Ramsay, Welsh, McTominay, Tierney (Bryan), McGinn (Mowatt), Gilmour, Christie (Fraser), Ferguson, Gauld*, Adams

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

What a performance and what a result!!!!!!! We smash Belgium 6-1 with Che Adams helping himself to 5 goals but even that wasnt enough to get him the MOM award as Ryan Gauld assisted 4 of the 6 goals.

1641141510299.png

OCTOBER

psg.png

Lineup - Maignan, Calabria, Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez, Tonali*, Kessie (Bennacer), Rodrygo, Diaz (Roberto Firmino), Leao, Belotti (Brenner)

What do we have here? A much deserved victory against PSG!!!! We were the better side by far and this is a decent barometer as to how good we may be. I would say they are the 5th best side in the world behind Liverpool, Man Utd, Bayern and Man City so to beat them is a major coup. Belotti even had a goal disallowed!

--

genoa.png

Lineup - Maignan, Calabria (Mbabu), Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez, Bennacer*, Kessie, Saelemaekers, Diaz, Leao, Belotti

We blew Genoa away with our first half performance as we smashed in 4 goals. Belotti scored a brace, Bennacer who was in for the injured Tonali scored one and then Brahim Diaz scored a screamer. The 2nd half was unacceptable though.

--

empoli.png

Lineup - Maignan, Calabria, Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez (Pellegrini), Bennacer, Kessie, Saelemaekers (Ontiveros*), Diaz (Merino), Leao, Belotti

JAVI ONTIVEROS!!!!

My Spanish winger has found himself largely on the bench since signing but he scored a stoppage time winner with us down to 10 men much to my delight. 8 wins out of 8 in the league. Alas Juventus have also won all 8 league matches too.

--

dinamo.png

Lineup
- Maignan, Calabria, Tomori, Gvardiol*, Hernandez, Bennacer (Gagliardini), Kessie, Saelemaekers (Ontiveros), Diaz, Leao, Belotti (Brenner)

As long as we dont muck up our games against Dynamo Kiev we should be alright and we won this one easily enough and we are top of our group!

--

torino.png

Lineup - Maignan, Calabria, Tomori, Gvardiol, Hernandez (Pellegrini), Bennacer*, Merino (Tonali), Saelemaekers, Diaz, Leao, Belotti (Brenner)

This game proved how strong our depth at CM is as both Tonali and Kessie couldnt start so I played Bennacer and Merino and they slotted in just fine as we won easily.

--

SUMMARY

We end the month still unbeaten! To be fair I cant remember having such a kind run of fixtures in the league and that obviously means we have a tough run coming up but we still have to perform in the matches and win the games and that is exactly what we have done.

Just a shame that Juventus have done the same!!!!!

In the Champions League our result and performance against PSG shows that we can battle against the top sides and we are top of our group and just need to see the job through.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ISMAEL BENNACER
bennacer.png

--

SERIE A
oct.png

--

1641141654546.png

SCOTLAND

france.png

Lineup - Kelly, Ramsay, Welsh (McKenna), McTominay, Tierney, McGinn (Ferguson), Gilmour (Campbell), Christie, Turnbull, Gauld, Adams

Many would have expected us to get beat here but we actually played them off the park and although they scored 3 goals they were from their only 3 shots on target and 2 were from long range! Christie and Gauld combined for both of our first 2 goals and then Che Adams scored a worldie but we couldnt hold on. Adams' goal means he is now Scotland's record goalscorer with 31.

--

1-1.png

Lineup - Kelly, Ramsay, Welsh, McTominay*, Tierney (Bryan), McGinn, Gilmour, Christie (Dembele), Turnbull (Ferguson), Gauld, Adams

Given that we are off the back of scoring 6 past Belgium and 3 past France I am disappointed that we didnt win this game despite taking the lead. We largely controlled the game but just couldnt find the winner unfortunately.