Clark_Messi

"Football is everything"
Reaction score
Throughout the years of FM I always find myself in awe of it's awesome psychic abilities.
I mean who could have saw Aston Villa in relegation trouble, and yet when I got the game at christmas and still playing it on the default setting (no patches) Villa are in trouble all the time, down the bottom of the table.
These things have happened consistently in my FM games and also FM's scouting system seems to be top notch.
Of course some players are obvious and anyone can see they'll be stars but I often find a very unknown player who turns up as a world-class player eight years into my game and a top class club signs them in real life a year later.
Overall just praising the game and wondering if anyone else sees these things happen with FM foresight.

There scouting system is the best in the world. Everton pay them for early acess to the database it is that good ;)

They get it pretty spot on most of the time, this is why I hate it when people complain about ca/pa's all the time

Well in most of my games Liverpool are around 5th-7th place throughout the season and finish around those places. Shame it is not so in real life...

Well in most of my games Liverpool are around 5th-7th place throughout the season and finish around those places. Shame it is not so in real life...

What we lack in real life we make up for in video games....
That's been my philosophy since Benitez took charge.

The scouting system is spot on and loads of managers around the world have been known to use it to determine the ability of transfer targets

it how roy hodgson found poulsen
pity he is still using FM 2004:D

Its always cool to see how FM wonderkids turn into real life transfer targets 6-12 months later... Lukaku?

Its always cool to see how FM wonderkids turn into real life transfer targets 6-12 months later... Lukaku?
maybe its just me, but i've heard for lukaku before I started to play FM ( my first FM was 09).
However, Im just wondering, why is Pastore so good ?

i agree, fm is a genius. the skill needed to pull everton back from 2-0 down against my liverpool team to 2-2 was phenomenal. suppose it helps when the AI sends 3 of my defenders off with no subs left. genius? cheat more like!!!!

maybe its just me, but i've heard for lukaku before I started to play FM ( my first FM was 09).
However, Im just wondering, why is Pastore so good ?

Well he is so good on FM, because he is one of the best players in the league IRL....

1) As mentioned above, many managers use the game to find targets!
2) I love scouting, clearly...
3) I always used to buy Nemanja Vidic in like Cm3 or Cm4 when he played for Red Star Belgrade (I think it was) the next year, United bought him IRL :)
4) Fm rocks, pity my game is crashing evey 20 minutes....

1) As mentioned above, many managers use the game to find targets!
2) I love scouting, clearly...
3) I always used to buy Nemanja Vidic in like Cm3 or Cm4 when he played for Red Star Belgrade (I think it was) the next year, United bought him IRL :)
4) Fm rocks, pity my game is crashing evey 20 minutes....

been playing since cm days too, and the game is so much better now. match engines, press interaction, tactics etc
. the game is so much more involved than it ever used to be, just wish it didn't cheat all the time ha
cant wait for fm12 already

The player from FM I remember best was Dzsudzsak found him on CM 03-04 I think when he was at Debrecen and he was a beast! Few years later he's at PSV and a well known player, weird. XD

for me it was Eduaro Salvio, who I used to buy from Lanus in all my games. Next year he's in At.Madrid!

yeah, same as these two Brazillian Wonderkids (from Cm2 or Cm3) called Robinho and Kaka, they played for Sao Paulo, now look at them (always used to buy them)

Last edited:
Alwyas used to get Tevez in Champ Manager years ago, way before he moved to West Ham

hmm, i used to buy modric all the time.... oO

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

yeah, same as these two Brazillian Wonderkids (from Cm2 or Cm3) called Robinho and Kaka, they played for Santos, now look at them (always used to buy them)
no he's not :p