Football Contract...

Got Academy trials on Friday which I'm so excited about, playing for the MK Dons academy would be amazing. :D

Got Academy trials on Friday which I'm so excited about, playing for the MK Dons academy would be amazing. :D

congrats mate, Your one step further than me! haha been watched by Burton but nothing come of it..

good luck!

Play for Prescot Cables, get paid £15 a week haha, but I get a £10 appearance bonus and a £10 goal bonus. Peanuts but it's only part-time and I don't do it for the money.

Exactly, we dont do it for the money but its an added bonus getting paid for something you enjoy :D

Haha, lucky you! My home town club is in the Hungarian 3rd division. And I don't play at a club. :(

Congratulations mate.. first time I see n this thread so belated but all the same aye. How you doing now?

I was released by Birmingham City when I was 12 because .. wait for it .. I was 3 inches to small. Was soo gutted.

I was at Bromsgrove a couple of years ago, was captain of the reserve side, before getting noticed by the first team manager. Played 10 league games and got paid £10 a game. Nothing but they was in like £££'s of debt. Played me out of position aswell, so constantly played poor. They ended up going into liquidation and folded completely. I now play locally for Afc Smethwick, a very good team for the level were at. If we get promoted to the Prem, we have been told we will get paid.

Got a trial on 27th November at Harrow FC infront of hundreds of scouts, so will give me a chance to find out which level im on.
So fingers crossed, I play like I have done the last couple of games.

Cheltenham had a look at me a few times however they decided they didn't want me, I was only 10 at the time and could have quite easily told them I was garbage and saved them the trip.

To the bloke who has Stefan Moore in his team, poor you.

my brother was accepted in west ham, liverpool and QPR youth academies and he attended Qpr and gets paid 18,000 a monthand hes only 16

What's his name? i'll look out

what about that site footballcv.com heard it offers trials for people or sumthing like that. the only football i play is saturday get together with friends. always wanted to be a footy player but never got scouted or anything like that. i would of made a great goalkeeper. *sigh*. still think i could of make it, im only 16 does any one know any way............

**** im jealous of you guys. we got no sort of opportunity like that in australia. i'm just finished a season in u16's for a feeder team for central coast mariners and im only 15 :O hoping to get an appearance in the u18's once or twice next season. ended top scorer with 17 from 12 games, played a few games in goals tho.

on a side note, a guy ive played a few times in football and futsal just got offered a trial at man city. i can now say thaat i got a man city player (if he gets in) to scream at me 'let the fucken ball go in for once'. :D so proud !

Keep Trying Lads, hopefully something will come up...

tbh since i posted this thread i have had a few injuries with my ankle, apparently broke my metatarsel a year or so and been playing on it ever since, so im currently injured

Had Burton watch me twice this season and played for the first team twice and reserves quite a few time, Only problem is with work now i am tending to spend more time workin and less time playing!!

Getting bored of playing now :L

what about that site footballcv.com heard it offers trials for people or sumthing like that. the only football i play is saturday get together with friends. always wanted to be a footy player but never got scouted or anything like that. i would of made a great goalkeeper. *sigh*. still think i could of make it, im only 16 does any one know any way............

Thats how Ive got my trial mate. Im playing at the Harlow ground next month. Im also waiting abit longer to trial at Norwich, play on Carrow Road. You can sign up to Football CV, it will cost, but will be worth it.

Try out for a local team, and play from there.

Ive just got my first football contract offer At Bardon Hill FC.

Nothing of a really high level, but we all have to start somewhere.

Just wondering whole else plays under contract terms and earns money in a mens first team and how much do you get paid for it :)

In FM terms, i played in tier 9 for 2 seasons after leaving Boston Utd's centre of excellence.

I was on £50 for starting or coming on. £15 for sitting on the bench.

The club provided transport (a minibus) to away games, and other clubs in the area i have been at or spoken to their players experienced something similar with transport, or they were given a mileage allowance in cash for driving themselves to away games. It's very easy for the club to bully you into paying for your own trips away. "if you want to be in the team, you'll make the 2 hour journey on Thursday night'' etc. You don't have much ammunition to respond until you have played a few games and hopefully established yourself, then the tables turn dramatically. If you have been playing well then you have all the power as the 'contract' you are on is worth about as much as Dunc's toilet paper.

You can tell the club that other teams want you, and they will be paying travel, perhaps more money, say what you want, your club has no way of verifying it as lower league transfers are conducted between 'buying' club and player. The 'selling' club can choose to hold your papers and prevent the transfer, but unless you owe the club money the F.A. will issue a heavy fine to the club for doing this. It's informally known as a spiteful withold and word soon gets around about clubs/managers/chairmen who do this, and they often plummet down through the leagues due to an inability to get/keep players, combined with the fines.

If you have played well enough to become a vital part of the team then you will usually get what you want just from threatening to leave. If you don't then leaving is actually an option if you can find another club to take you.

Sorry to sound so negative, but it's the reality of non-league football i'm afraid, so it's better that you are aware of it.

It's not all doom and gloom obviously, you are getting paid to play football.

Speak with the manager regularly, even if it doesn't appear to be 'the done thing' among the rest of the squad. Ask him what he wants from you, where you can improve, talk about when (if not already) he can get you a run in the team etc. If he's a good manager, he will engage with you and hopefully will recognise you as a player looking to improve and do well, meaning you are more likely to get picked.

Most of all, enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Also, apparently, Jake used to be semi pro.

But after watching him in 5 a side, he can't be semi pro at football, maybe.. pie eating?

There was me thinking i scored 10+ goals despite being a semi pro goalkeeper... ;)

Nice one, mate, hope you do well. Keep us updated with how you are doing. Hopefully you will be as good as Messi one day, haha. At least you enjoy your job, though, and £30 is quite a lot to be fair. Are you at University at the moment?

Had my Trial tonight and it all went well enough, therewas 35 of us packed in to quite a small area so the chances you did get had to be taken and luckily I scored 3 times and did quite well considering they were all older than me. It was sooo hard though :S

Used to play for Leeds academy back when they were in the prem but unfortunately moved house and haven't played much since :(

Scoring 3 times, gotta get you noticed or at least talked about, ill cross my fingers for ya! :P haha

Scoring 3 times, gotta get you noticed or at least talked about, ill cross my fingers for ya! :P haha

Haha cheers mate, im not gonna lie tho, their were better players than me so I'm not expecting to get in but fingers crossed ;)

Back