Football is a way of living to me...

TamMcCann

Reaction score
timthumb.php

So this is it, my big game in the Amature Cup Final, not exactly the highest heights in Football but I'm so competitive! In recent weeks I've heard that bigger Teams in Scotland & England are looking at me, I'm sure I heard Man City was one of them (laughs)! On a serious note I'll just concentrate on doing what I do best and that is play Football! My position is Left Wing and I love running at defences, I'm not the tallest player but I can run and I'm very good with both feet which is always awkward to defend against a player like that, I believe in myself that I could make it as Professional footballer. I'm still young at 21 Years old, why could I not make it?

KICK OFF :

I always get nerves just before Kick Off but within the first few minutes of the game starting I receive a great pass from the teams left back, I bring the ball down with my left foot and skin the rival teams defender and I keep running, past one, two, three! I swing the ball deep into the box and GOAL, the big man gets his head onto it! Not being big headed but I done well there! We continue to press and press through out the first half, there team just can't cope with me, it's so easy! Once again I drive with the ball down the left wing while showing off my skills and lighting pace, tackle after tackle they just can't get to me, (2 MEN MARK THAT *******) I love hearing the rival's managers getting frustrated. I get into the box and I see one of my team mates in space so I drag the ball back and away from the defender and flick it up over his head towards my team mate BANG, 2-0! I gave a cheeky little wink to the other Teams Manager, If looks could kill...

HALF TIME :

Well what a very good 45minutes. The manager gives us a pat on the back and says " Son, play like this week in week out and you will play Football for a living soon". I relish that challenge, apart from my job as a Plumber all I know is Football, the Footballer lifestyle appeals to me so much like it would to anyone! I have a young son and a wonderful girlfriend and for me to make it Pro would mean I could set my family up for life and give my son things I never had when I was growing up, that really drives me to want to make it! The manager gives us our pep talk and off we go again but not before the gaffer comes up and says " Tam I wasn't going to tell you just now but there are a few scouts from Pro Teams here today, one of the scouts are from Leeds United"! I'm stunned, could this be my time? " Ok boss, I appreciate you telling me just now". I compose myself then I take a drink of my water and tie up my boots and fix my shin guards and off I go again, ready to terrorise this team and earn a Pro Deal! As I walk out I see the other teams Manager, he grins at me and say's " Good luck this half boy, your going to need it". I just laugh him off and walk onto the pitch.

SECOND HALF :

My palms are sweating, mind is racing I can't believe a scout from Leeds United and other clubs are here looking at me, I've never been this nervous before kick off, this could shape the rest of my life in just 45minutes. The ref blows the whistle and off we go! We start well again and once again I receive a great ball but my mind goes blank and I easily loose the ball, I track back to help the defence but the other team are a yard ahead of me and they split the defence and score. " What the **** where you doing there Tam"! I just cost my team a goal, not the best of starts, I look over to my gaffer and he shakes his head, he knew I could do better. I compose myself again and think right common lets get going Tam! The game starts again and I go for it again, I steal the ball off one of there players and do what I do best, I run down the left wing while taking on there defender, I decide to cut in and once again easily beating another man. I see a chance to shoot but one of my team mates is open in the box...I opt to shoot, I hit it with the side of my left foot and watch it curl, it seems like a lifetime but I hit it so sweat it just goes straight into the top right hand off the goal, 3-1 ! Back on track now I think to myself after celebrating with the team, I look over to there manager and give him a cheeky grin, he smiles..., Why is he smiling, I think to myself? I don't think much of it and as we prepare to kick off again the other teams makes a change, I notice this big heavy guy coming on, he is massive I say to myself! He comes on and plays as there right back, this should be fun! After kick off once again we press them for a fourth goal, our Rb swings it over to me and I chest it down and pass to my team mate who made the run, I continue to run with him into the box and he slices the ball through the defence, I'm going to hit this I say, I steady myself ready to hit this ball into the net for our fourth and to see me hopefully earn a Pro Deal, the ball comes closer and as I go to hit it BANG !!!!!!

004235BrokenLegXRay.jpg

View attachment 253890

I can't believe it, I'm lying here in a hospital bed in agony after what was supposed to be one of the biggest days of my life! It was all just a blur. I remember my team mate playing a through ball and I had my eye on the ball ready to hit it then that was it, I was lying on the deck screaming in pain and that big Right Back that came on just gave me a wink and walked off! Wait to I get my hands on that *****! What will happen now, will Leeds or whoever else still be there when I recover from this horrible injury? The only bright side right now is that my little boy and girlfriend are by my side but I think to myself, will I make them proud and ever overcome this and become a Pro Footballer? Has this minute of madness from a certain idiot ruined my chances? Anyway the Doc will be round soon to see me so all I can do is wait and see...

View attachment 253893

After my girlfriend and little boy leave to head home I fall asleep for what seemed a lifetime, I open my eyes but struggle to ajust to the lighting of the room :

Doctor : Hello Thomas, how are you feeling?

Me : Hi Doc, Sore but I want to know when will I be back to playing Football again?

I see the doctor hesitate a little, he looks down at his clipboard and bites his lip a little :

Me : So....

Doctor : Thomas, It's very hard to tell. The Break you have had has been very serious, I think you should concentrate on walking again.

I start to worry, Football is my life I need to play!

Me : Doc please tell me will I play again though?

Doc : It's hard to...

Me : JUST TELL ME!

The Doc takes a nervous look at me, I just know it must be bad news!

Doc : Thomas, to be honest I don't think you will ever play again, I'm so sorry...

The doctor walks out and I sit in silence just staring into space. He must be joking? 5 month and I will be playing again I say to myself, I look out the window and my X-Ray scan is up...I break down just knowing I'm lying to myself, Football is a thing in the past for me. I'm finished!

View attachment 253910

3 Month's Later

View attachment 253948

These three months have been a rollercoaster ride! Since my leg break I've lost my confidence and motivation to do anything while struggling to begin to try and walk again and struggling with depression due to what happened I have paid a heavy price. My girlfriend decided it wasn't good for our little boy to be around and moved out. I can't believe how much this has changed my life. I've lost my girlfriend, I only see my boy weekends now, I'm struggling to cope with the bills due to being of work, I'm in a really dark place right now.

I hear a loud knock on my door, I struggle up of the sofa with my crutches to go and answer the door, it knocks again "HOLD ON, I'M COMMING"! I open the door and standing there is a short man with a smart suit on, not much hair and a little chubby, he smiles at me and says :

"Thomas is it"?

Me : "Yeah, who are you"?

George : "My name is George, I was speaking to your gaffer down at your local football team you play for".

Me : "Yeah, I used to play for them but not know, sorry ".

I go to close the door because to be honest I couldn't be ****** speaking to this baldy shrimp.

George : "No, wait please let me speak."

Me : (Sighs) "You have 2seconds, now what is it?"

George opens up this folder and shows me these advertisements.

George : "Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your horrid injury Thomas and I also heard you won't play again, the lads down at the club are devastated about the news and it was the gaffer that told me you may be interested in this."

Me : "In what?"

George : " In doing your coaching badges Thomas, it would be a great chance for you to stay in Football all be it as a coach."

Me : " No, It's not for me".

George : " At least have a think about it Thomas?" "Ovcourse not just now due to your injury but when you have recovered you may decide it is for you?"

Me : "Ok I'll have a look at them".

George : "That's good, hope to hear from you soon, my number is on the back of the sheet Thomas".

He walks off down the path and into his Car and drives off with a smile in his face. What a creep I think to myself. I throw the sheet he gave to me away, I just took it to get rid of him, why would I want to get into Management?...

View attachment 253957

Next update tomorrow guys, feedback would be appreciated. :)

My only criticism is that this kind of storyline had been done before, apart from that it's great.

Loving it mate, looking forward to the next update :)

Q
My only criticism is that this kind of storyline had been done before, apart from that it's great.

I don't mind criticism but I've never seen this kind of storyline before, I'll do my best to make it as different as I can. Thanks for all the gd comments guys. Next post up tonight after work!

antidepressants_1673710c.jpg

I woke up with a pounding sore head with the sun shining through my bedroom window, leg in agony as I struggle to get out of bed. I can't take this anymore, everything is just getting on top of me and these antidepressants are just making me feel worse, I need to get out of this house for a while! After getting myself washed and dressed I limp downstairs with my crutches still in agony. I can't wait, in a few weeks I should be able to walk on my own. I go into the kitchen and make myself some breakfast while struggling to balance at the same time, I never thought the easiest of task would be so hard I say to myself! I sit my breakfast down on the table and as I go to sit down and tuck into it someone knocks on the door loudly. " For god sake"! I hobble along over to the door while the door is still being knocked " HOLD ON" this better not be that creep back I think to myself. I eventually open the door :

Son : "DAD" !!!

My son nearly knocks me down by giving me an unexpected hug!

Me : "Hello Son, What a surprise to see you"!

My ex gives me a nervous smile :

Ex : I though I'd bring him along to see you for half an hour, we are just going into town.

Me : "Ok thanks a lot, how are you"?

She quickly changes the subject :

Ex : "Fine, So I'll let you have some time with him, I'll wait in the car".

She walks off down the path. I don't get why she is being so....different with me? Yeah we are not together now but she isn't usally like this. Anyway I'm so chuffed I have my son all be it half an hour. I bring him in the house and we sit down :

Me : "So little man, how are you? I've missed you lots, have you missed me"?

Son : "I'm ok I guess, Yeah I have"!

I smile at him and give him a big hug :

Me : " So are you buying anything nice in town today"?

Son : "No Dad, Mum is going in to buy Jack a present for his birthday".

Me : "Jack? Who is Jack"?

Son : "It's Mums new boyfriend, he is taking me to my first Football match tonight"!

My heart sunk, why didn't she tell me she had moved on so quickly? Why is this...this Jack taking my son to his First Game, I'm his Dad is should be me! I shake with anger but I try not to show it as I don't want to upset my son. The door goes and my son runs up to answer it :

Ex : "Right are you ready son? Say bye to Dad".

My Son gives me another hug and I hug him back but all I can think about is this man walking into my sons life and my just recent ex already moving on!

Me :"Bye son, Love you".

Son : "Love you too Dad".

He runs into the Car.

Ex : " Well we better go now Tam".

Me : " Yeah you better".

She looks at me in shock.

Me : "The little man told me about this Jack".

Ex : Tam I was going to...

I slam the door shut, and break down. My life is ruined! First my promising Football Career and now my family life, all sorts of things enter my head, will my son start calling this Jack guy "Dad" ! I lash out in anger at anything in my way! There lying right next to me, the sheet that George gave to me about doing my coaching badges....

scottish-fa-quality-mark.jpg

hospital460.jpg

Finally! After all those months of pain and frustration I am now walking by myself. I has been tough on me and along the road other things have knocked me down but I'm not letting this beat me! Yeah the leg is still a little tender but I have my mobility back which is the main thing. My ex is still with this Jack and yeah he took my little boy to that game of Football, I'm still so angry over it all but I'm beginning to regain my confidence back and I have thought long and hard about it and I've decided I will venture down the coaching side of Football, I dreamed to play at the highest level I could but now my dream is to Manage at the highest level possible! I spoke to George and this is what was said :

George : Hello?

I paused for a moment...

George : Hellooo?

Me : "Hello George, It's Tam".

George : " Oh Thomas, how are you son"?

Me : "Fine thanks, I'm just phoning about doing my coaching badges George"?

George Laughs.

George : " I knew you would Tam, I knew it was a matter of time, come down to Largs Coaching Campus tomorrow at 09:00 and just ask for me, ok"?

Me : " Yeah I will George, see you then".

George : " Ok Tam, bye son".

View attachment 254219

All the world class managers such as Jose Mourinho went there to earn there coaching badges, I can't believe I'm going now! A few months ago I was on the verge on a move to a big club and it may well have been Leeds United and now I'm starting out as a Football Coach at the age of 22 years old! I have resigned myself to the fact that this is my dream now, to get my badges and test myself against the best managers in the world one day, I have the belief that I can do it. The hurt and pain of my Football Career will drive me to this, I can't wait to get stuck in and hopefully meet top class managers down at Largs tomorrow, my little boy will be so proud of me!

Great story so far, but i think the text is a bit too small, but that might just be me... :S

Brilliant stuff again mate keep it up :)

Slow_down!_Slippery_road_to_safer_driving_driving_safety_car_repair_and_maintenance_industry.jpg

The rain has been on non stop since I got up this Morning and I can barley see you my windscreen as I drive up to Largs but nothing will ruin my mood today. I'm really up for this big challenge ahead today, I just can't wait to get to Inverclyde Sports Club to meet George and start my coaching badges. Before I left this morning I got a phone call off my son asking If I was going to meet Jose Mourinho and asked if I would be a manager in the English Premiership soon...I wish I thought to myself! After about 1hours drive I could finally see Inverclyde Sports Club, as I started going down on the gears to slow down to make the turn into the Sports Club my nerves started! This is it, this is my time to get into coaching...

133331_a1a31321.jpg

After parking the car I got out and just stared at the building for a moment. Mourinho has been here, Sir Alex Ferguson has been here, David Moyes has been here, Andre Villas Boas has been here! I start to walk up the stairs still a bag of nerves :

George : "Thomas your here"!

Me : "Hi George, Yes I am" (laugh nervously).

George guides me in and takes me through into his office.

George : So Thomas, Welcome to Inverclyde I'm sure you have heard a lot about us and I'm sure you know about the type of World Class managers that have came here to study to get there badges".

Me : "Yeah I have George, I still don't know why you bothered coming to my house to try to tempt me to start my coaching badges"!

George : "I have another Job Thomas, I do some scouting for Leeds United and I was watching you the day of your horrid injury".

I gasped...

Me : "So you..."

George : " Yeah Thomas I was the one at the cup final watching you, I felt you had an excellent game and it was so unfortunate that this has happened because I was on the phone to Neil Warnock at the time praising you".

Again I was shocked, I thought to myself I could have been a Leeds Player if that big sub never came on, on that match and ****** up my Career!

Me :" Lets get on with this George, I'm still finding my Career to be finished hard".

George : "Ok son I didn't mean to upset you".

After hearing that news I was quite gutted but we got on with the task ahead and George arranged a date to start doing my badges, I couldn't wait to begin, to hopefully what would be the start of a better life for me and my little boy.

This is absolutely brilliant mate, one of the best stories I've read since FM 11! I actually liked the text when it was smaller. I also hope you talk about the actual coarse in the next update or two and not just act like you already finished it.

This is absolutely brilliant mate, one of the best stories I've read since FM 11! I actually liked the text when it was smaller. I also hope you talk about the actual coarse in the next update or two and not just act like you already finished it.

Cheers mate. Yeah I liked the text smaller but I also like it a bit bigger so I'll so on my next post what I'll do with it. I was planning on going into detail with the course, what is the point making an in depth story like this and not going into detail with the coaching course lol! Glad you are enjoying it man :)...

sfa.jpg

After the hour long drive up to Inverclyde I'm finally ready to take the first step into management. George has organised for me to try and get my Club Coach Certificate then I will do three other courses which are the UEFA basic course and assessment and then the advance course. Overall it will take just over a month to complete and it will cost around £600 pounds! The lads down at the club all chipped in for me to do it, it was a really nice gesture from them. Maybe it was to sweet talk me for when I'm managing Barcelona to sign them up!

CLUB COACHING CERTIFICATE

1339525215_800872.jpg

To gain the Certificate for the Club Coaching it's fairly simple. The course is six hours long and it's practical in nature and looks and planning, delivering and reviewing coaching sessions around basic themes such as control, passing, possession, dribbling, finishing and defending, as well as the structure of training sessions. The guy that was coaching us was called Craig, he was a nice guy :

Craig : "Hello. Tam is it"?

Me : "Hi, Yeah".

Craig : " George was telling me about why you are here, Sorry to hear about your injury".

Me :" It's fine, I just want to concentrate on this now".

Craig smiles.

Craig : " Right lets begin guys" !

SIX HOURS LATER

I really enjoyed that today. I can't believe I wasn't going to do this! Despite it still being early, I felt I done very well today and I passed with flying colours. I feel I'll progress further quite quickly. Yeah it was a fairly basic course but it was still very interesting and the more in depth we get through out the month the better it will get, bring it on!

133625460.jpg

After getting home from Largs I get a quick bite to eat and a shower then I ring my son to let him know how it went today :

Son : "Hello"?

Me : "Hey Son, guess what"!?

Son :"What Dad"?

I Pause for a second.

Me :"I passed Level 1 of my coaching badges"!

My son cheers and shouts to his mum.

Son :"Mum...Dad is going to be a Football Manager"!

I laugh.

Me :"Not quite yet son".

Son :" My dinner is out Dad I need to go, Bye, Love you!"

Me :" Ok son, bye, Love you".

Phone line goes dead.

110110164736-large.jpg

I fall onto the sofa with a big smile on my face, chilling with a beer while flicking over the channels on TV. My life is starting to look up again I think to myself, about ****** time! I already can't wait to sit my UEFA Basic Licence in a few days time but until then I think I deserve a well earned rest...as if I've not been resting these legs enough over the past few Months!​