ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Hi chaps. As you may or not have been aware, Miles has been releasing details for Football Manager 16 via twitter. Unfortunately, this has broken the interwebz so the FM website is down, but here's a few little details via Twitter:

Cross-play between desktop & tablet

Upgrades to board requests, finances, press conferences & more

Depiction and treatment of injuries more realistic than ever before (though Miles stated there wouldn't be less of them :D )

Fantasy Draft mode for up to 32 players

Create your own club to replace a real life club, with your own club colors, team name and add yourself.

Match engine - 2000+ new animations, deeper set-piece control, improved AI & brand-new highlights package

Customise your own touchline manager character & see them and other managers on the touchline

Pro Zone integration for more in depth stats analysis

Release date is slated for 13th November, and is available for pre-order on Steam right now, and the Sega Store

More info: http://www.footballmanager.com

And for more screenshots: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153140818427616.1073741839.262490537615&type=3

Last edited:
Customise your own touchline manager character & see them and other managers on the touchline

^ listed twice mate. Not sure how much different my guy will look in 2D classic!

Create your own club to replace a real life club, with your own club colors, team name and add yourself. -

This will be cool if it's a streamlined version of the editor

Yeah I've been having a typo fest the past few days /facepalm lol

Also worth mentioning:

DIGITAL pre-orders from participating retailers = free FM Documentary and Pre Order Beta

BOXED pre-orders from partic'ng retailers = free FM Documentary

(pre-order beta for DIGITAL copies only will be out a couple of weeks before FM16 is actually properly released)

(direct from Miles)

And don't forget there is more to come so keep eye on Twitter and FM website

Last edited:
I'll be getting it whatever features are added. This is the first year I've not said to myself 'nah not pre ordering this year'.

FM15 was really good, kept a save from the release until now going!

Fantasy draft mode sounds pretty interesting....

Yeah 32 players? Can you imagine that on a stream lol. Though ofc this had to go pre-order day I paid all my bills QQ lol.

Also-make the most of it ladies. You're about to lose your other halfs again-it's back lol

Upgrades to board requests - hopefully more options for expanions, something like Milan Lab reducing injuries etc.

Upgrades to press conferences - my assman will do the pressers anyway.

Injuries - hopefully they'll get it right this time. The issue currently as I see it, is that in real life players are playing with minor injuries constantly with no issues. Meanwhile in FM a slight knock means player is below 90% condition, so you just bench him and play a sub. We'll see what they came up with, but personally I think injuries should affect abilities, not condition. For example, broken ribs - your strength and balance go down to 1, but theoretically you can still play.

Prozone integration - sounds good.

Me on a touchline - brilliant, hopefully I can customize the instructions to have my managers yell at doctors for taking the player off the pitch.

Create your own club - aka FM Editor. Meh.

Set pieces - don't care, won't care. I always leave those on default to avoid any possible exploits. And if its gonna be more complex...yeah, there's gonna be exploits.

Match engine - it will suck anyway.

Yeah 32 players? Can you imagine that on a stream lol. Though ofc this had to go pre-order day I paid all my bills QQ lol.

Also-make the most of it ladies. You're about to lose your other halfs again-it's back lol

Speaking of FM. Last 2 weeks I challenged myself to make it to CL with Everton in the first season. So far I got fired 6 times before December.

Speaking of FM. Last 2 weeks I challenged myself to make it to CL with Everton in the first season. So far I got fired 6 times before December.

Don't be **** then :D lol

F**k me that tactics screen looks horrendous! But as always I'll wait until the first patch has been released and then pick it up.

Been picking the game up later and later every year since 2010, bought it at launch last year and regretted it. For me and I think for a lot of people, this is somewhat of a make or break point. I don't feel the actual core game (the tactics, player interaction, managing the training etc) has actually improved in a considerable amount of time. There have been lots of additions in other areas which add loads more side depth and flashy options, but I would trade them all in a heartbeat for some sort of conditional commands (being able to tell my 2 pivot players that if one goes forward, one stays for example)

Been picking the game up later and later every year since 2010, bought it at launch last year and regretted it. For me and I think for a lot of people, this is somewhat of a make or break point. I don't feel the actual core game (the tactics, player interaction, managing the training etc) has actually improved in a considerable amount of time. There have been lots of additions in other areas which add loads more side depth and flashy options, but I would trade them all in a heartbeat for some sort of conditional commands (being able to tell my 2 pivot players that if one goes forward, one stays for example)

I try to hold off but I just can't. Couple years back was meant to get it at christmas but gf was forced to give me the game before christmas :D lol. I'm like a kid in a candy store who when he see's what he wants just has to get it. Although I haven't played FM a lot this time around (been on a spending spree with other games) I'm still playing it and enjoying my Stevenage save.

I think this version will be better than FM15 though, and the fantasy draft idea is pretty dam good. Hopefully there's not going to be too many technical problems. I'd like to see more involvement with the youth setup though like the acadamies. But there's still more stuff to be revealed so time will tell.

Overall though I'm going to pre-purchase tbh

These "detail" releases always leave me scratching my head. Honestly who gives a s**t about animations of injuries?

I've just had a peek at the in-match animations and they appear better-smoother. The injury animations are pretty realistic aswell have to admit. Some nice touches

I am with Subtle, this years version is make or break for me, tbh I get a lot of my gaming kicks elsewhere right now and my FM play time is getting less and less each year not even 200 hours in latest release. All this custom club ****, manager animations does nothing for me. I will buy either on sale or if I find a cheap key, but unless some of the major flaws are fixed and there is more to do that is akin to being a football manager I doubt I will buy next season.

We've all been there. I skipped last everything past FM11 I think. But FM15 hooked me up.

Its the engine that makes all the difference. They finally got it to a point where games are actually fun to watch. It still sometimes works comically bad, but there are glimpes of play where I genuinely can't distinguish between engine and real football. And watching your team do something like that is just incredibly thrilling. I've been playing this game since it was Championship Manager in the mid-90s, but FM15 was the first time where I caught myself shaking first at the monitor after my team played a quick beautiful counter-attack.

But yeah, the core game still has major problems, ie. you often have to give conflicting instructions and fight with tactical settings to achive certain style of play. Last few years tjeu\re just adding fluff.

This ill wait till Feb on this one.

So uhh, im supposed to be planning my Wedding over October/November.......

"Sorry hun, but FM16 is out"

I'm looking forward to the "The BETA is supposed to be broken" explanations.
2 weeks of forum fun.... :p

A lot of the aesthetic addons mean nothing to me since I still play in 2D classic but I'd hardly call it make-or-break for me.
Even with all the flaws (and there are many), it's still a pretty **** good game.

My brother is a game dev'. He's often told me a few times that games will always have bugs, it's just the nature of complex codes. People are far more willing to criticize a game they enjoy than a game they don't enjoy; since otherwise they'd just stop playing it. I do think that's food for thought for everyone who says it's a broken game, year after year, but continues to buy it.