Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion my first season with arsenal on fm12 was going fairly well

Didnt spend much money at all on transfers; Bought 3-4, 4 star regen players for the future
Was in a good financial position
Got to the semi's of the FA cup
Came 4rth in the premier league

but was still sacked :S if i was the chairman 4rth place is as good as i could hope for

Unlucky, what did you set as your start of season expectation?

Unlucky, what did you set as your start of season expectation?

I set the start of season expectation to title challenge rather than winner because i didnt think i would realisticly be able get top spot.

Its a pain because id found some real talent that i could have brought into the squad a couple of seasons down the line.

Last edited:
I've seen a lot of people only able to get 4th place with Arsenal. I've managed 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes with Everton in my first season, without any big signings, and I'm confident the league can be won with Everton in the first season (I don't sell most of Everton's players for sentimental reasons :p).

What's making success with Arsenal so hard to achieve? I may even try them later, but they seem to be in a much more comfortable position than Everton, although continental competition and lack of depth may be a decisive factor.

1st season with Arsenal i was 3rd

2nd season i was 2nd

lets hope 3rd season i am 1st ;)

Lack of depth in the squad definitely is a factor i reckon. Especially up front. If RVP gets injured for a long period of time the goal rate tends to plummet. And vice versa, if sagna/vermalean get injured for a while then your going to concede goals without a suitable replacement.
In my opinion mertesacker is too slow and cant keep up with the pace of the PRM L.
The midfield is fairly stable, and the likes of ramsey improve dramatically throught the season.
Playing realistically i didnt want to spend any of the 45+ mill transfer budget until january but getting a quality defender/Striker for that amount of money can be a pain seeing as computer played clubs wont seem to take any amount under 38 million for one quality player.

I also find the likes of gervinho and santos to be fairly weak mentaly, with bad morale after a single defeat.

If i was to go back and replay from a very early save id probably spend most of the budget on another decent attacking player like cavani to give RVP some help up front. Most of the points lost in my season were due to a large run of draws early season which i really should have been able to win if i had more power up front

Either that or im just not very good :p

May give Arsenal a shot to see how I fare. It's gonna be the first time I start a prem game with a team other than Everton.

I'm being hit with the injury bug. I've had Van Persie, Walcott, Ruiz, Tevez, Santos, Vermaelen, Ramsey and Arteta all injured in the first month.

What's worse is I've only just signed Ruiz (£12.5 million) and Tevez (£15.5 million) and they get injured straight away.

Also signed Cheik M'Bengue as a starting left back for £8.75 million. Best decision I made. Solid, consistent defender and we're looking much stronger at the back.

Might start an Arsenal save soon once I am bored of my Chelsea save as from previous experience on other fms they have been pretty fun to manage :)

is djourou that bad? he's been getting MoM for me. Sagna is actually really inconsistent but I can't find a decent replacement.

IRL, yes. in the game , no. opposite eh :p

well i might keep him fro a season, and them sell him, hopefully for 10m for profit, and then get rafaie toloi from metalist
said that Kosicly is not that bad, but djouro is edges a bit better than him

i was thinking that i might need a new winger, but thanks to the awesomeness of Ryo , i dont need one. already performing better than gervhino, and ironicaly better than arshavin (who is supposedly a beast too).

erkieseen is doing great filling the whole left my cesc, and when Jack returns, i'll be even more happy.

Sold Rosicky,Squillaci and Djourou.Bought Vertonghen,Sanogo and Cavani straight away.Best £27m I ever spent,the guys an animal!View attachment 202164Rodwell 2nd season(he took forever to buy)
Won the league and beat Barca in the CL final(Messi was injured)View attachment 202166
Got Hazard & Pjanic in january but next season I seriously need a world class left back because Santos is AWFUL . Insua,maybe? Or Dodo...Baines went to Man u.
Should have the cash for Hulk and Subotic too.:D

hey guys ... i started arsenal save 4 days ago and i've been doing extremely awful... i was knocked out by chelsea at the league cup at the penalty shootout after beating man united 2-1 in extra time on the previous round... i didn't sign anyone in the summer period so as it would be more realistic... in premier league i'm 9th (lost to man u, man city, stoke city and blackburn but won chelsea away and liverpool 4-1 home....)

the way i play is : GK: shechzny(i don't know how to spell it actually xD), LB: Santos (he has been awful giving the ball away always and getting red cards at the most crucial points of the game so i'm planning to play gibbs until january cause i already signed Cissokho for 13mil) RB: Sagna CB: rotate each one of Djourou, Mertesacker, Vermaelen and Koscielny, DM: Song, MC: Arteta or Ramsey, AMC: Chamach ( he is awful as a striker so i tried to play him at AMC but he is awful too, i don't really know what to do with him) AMR: Walcott, AML: Gervinho or Park Chu Young (he is perfect for me scoring almost in every game and making assists) and ST: RVP (being pretty good as usual) Arshavin is injured for 4 months so i guess his career is almost over...

The board gave me 29 mil during october and i already spent some of them to buy Areola for 4mil and Cissokho for 13mil... these signings were nessecary cause my keeper and LB are not good at all...

The real thing is i can't find a way to score when RVP is not playing...I struggle to score against Wigan and when i do they equalize at the 90th minute... i mean its so annoying... It's the first days of November and i don't really know what to do...

SO PLEASE HELP ME!!!;)

:)

Really like Arsenal in this one. Although the team is really mentally frail, one loss and half the team decends into despair.

Im at the end of January, second in the league and still in the cups.
Feels like a good take on Arsenal this year. Won 4-1 away to Chelsea a week before loosing 3-0 home to stoke with more or less the same team. Keeps you on your toes.

First summer I got a good offer for Sagna (20+M) so he, Almunia(2M), Fabianski(2.1M), Mannone(1.4M) and Djorou(10.25M) was offloaded.
Brought in some kids and then Hamsik and Vrsaljko to sure up the first team. Oh also Jerzy Dudek as a coach/player as a backupkeeper.

Playing Walcott as poacher and hes been great (when not injured), has 16 goals in 14 apperances all over (as said, when not injured...).
RVP gets most time on the right wing but plays up front whenever Walcott is out.
Hamsik has been awesome with 10 league goals so far as attacking advanced playmaker in the AMC position. Ramsey is progressing quickly and Arteta is so so.
Arshavin is on and off but is more of a rotation player for me. Chambo has been quite impressive (bagged 3 headed(!) goals so far, who knew?) when given the chance but Ryo is just a big dissapointment so far.
Vrsaljko has been splendid if not for the continuos yellow cards. I swear he picks up one per game. No sending off for him yet though, touch wood.
Coquelin is getting alot of play since Arteta isnt setting the world on fire and is doing an ok job.

Only business in the January window was getting rid of an unhappy underperforming Chamakh and bringing in Fazio for peanuts (cant for the life of me stomach playing Squillaci. Noone wants him though...)

Just like in FM11 I seem to do great against good teams, beating Chelsea, man C, man U and having goals galore 4-3 and 4-4 vs Liverpool. But struggle against smaller teams, drawing Wolves and Swansea, loosing to Stoke and Bolton. Think I need get the hang of the mindgames with my squad when playing "easy" teams.

Alittle at loss with the new teamtalks even though Im starting to get them. Went on a L,D,D,L streak in the middle of the fall (different league/cups) and then whopped Lille (losc) down in france with 5-1. Asked the team why they cant play like that every game and they went ballistic on me.

Anyhow, really enjoying it!

Buy Edinson Cavani, 47 goals, 49 games. RVP is crying himself to sleep at night because he just can't get a game.:p

Oh and could someone tell me how to post a screenshot on to here? I have two good results that will REALLY please any of the real Arsenal fans on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.