Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Removal of sliders in closing down and adding an area, for example under the current system my full backs will close down anywhere within my half where as what i want them to do is only close down on the flanks and in and around the box i believe that would be more realistic

I would like the manager interacting with the game in some new ways. I mean, getting out of the bench or remain calm staying sit down. Arguing with the referee every decission things like that... no like Mourinho "fingering" rivals but... being one more on the pitch.
A player that has been substituted no saluting his manager...Encourage your players from the line... More options than changing players, tactics, something more "mental" more working on motivation during the game. On the players and on the referee...

How about a mini-game.......something like the fantasy league....?

An idea I would like to see implemented would be differences in Chairmen and clubs.

Like Real Madrid for example. We have a President, which goes up for renewal every 4 years. So do Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao. Now with these clubs, new presidents come in and do different things. Its the same at Chelsea compared to United. Alex Ferguson has free reign of Old Trafford and gets to pick and choose everything within the club, were the long list of prior Chelsea managers haven't.

What we could do is have someone like Abromovichs personality brought into the game. We he would buy a player, he would put pressure on you to play players and basically not give you much options other than outside of picking the tactics and selecting the squad. Not naturally he cannot force you to put the player in the squad but could send you a cheeky little memo saying he thinks Torres should play today and if you didn't play Torres then your rating with him would decrease, 10-fold if you had lost that game.

Players going over your head when they are not happy because they do not respect you as much as previous managers. As a manager coming into a side of say Real Madrid. You have Higuain and Benzema and your only planning on playing 1 striker but you dont want to sell either of them so your testing the waters and find Benzema is good to start with and Higuain gives and epic impact of the bench. Higuain could be unhappy about this and instead of come to you, he could go to the president to which the president could put pressure on you.

Now naturally not all chairmen and presidents are like this and some are quite the opposite who are happy to sit back and allow you to do your business and naturally there is alot more of them than the meddling ones.

Also with the meddling ones, once you start winning trophies and getting a reputation for yourself, your chairman will start to listen to you more and take your ideas on board, upgrade youth, training, stadium, and your players will have an increased relationship with you accepting his place in the team.

Sorry if its been mentioned before but something I have been thinking about.

most of that kinda happens in the previous versions

I want Zamparini in the game become more like Zamparini in the real life (so people will think twice to manage Palermo :p)
just in case you don't know who the **** is this Zamparini, just wiki it.

also, I want some rifts in the squad!
remember last season when Ibrahimovic kicked Strasser? or when Ibrahimovic fought Onyewu?
something like that will make the game more realistic, really :)

and one thing that I hate in this game is you can't see your own player's report card when they are out on loan (or in a co-ownership deal) in another club!
sometimes when that player is in the last year of contract, you'll need to see what your coaches think about that player to decide will he get a new contract or not.

(sorry if somebody have posted about these before)

Didn't read the whole thing to see if its been mentioned yet, but what I would really like, is a way to yell at Ref's from the touchline for bad calls, and possible yell about Ref's post match if you don't go to the Press Conferences and it doesn't get brought up. Just a way to make a comment about a bad call that cost the match that my *** Man doesn't have the stones to yell about. I don't care about a match ban or fines, I wanna call out an official on calling a bad penality(or missing one) that leads to a goal and costs me a win.

Did anyone ever play the game "Director of Football"? That sounds kind of like the chairman thing you guys are suggesting :) You could choose the sponsors, design the stadium and stuff. Was really interesting!

Also, one thing that annoys me when signing players that need work permits is when you appeal and fail. I'd like the ability to add a little freedom to the appeal. For example, you could set it up in a similar format to post/pre-match interviews.
Something like this;
"Why should we allow Player X to come into the country on a working basis?"
"Option 1:- We plan on signing him to loan him out straight away to another country in the EU to gain experience, and to prove he's eligible to work in our country"
"Option 2:- We believe that this lad has an incredible future ahead of him in the game, and granting him a work permit would allow him to progress at a much better rate than he would elsewhere"

Something along the lines of that would be awesome :D (obviously with a few more than 2 options lol) Not sure how you'd implement it, but it's something I'd like to see in a future FM game :)

I don't mind sliders too much after using them for so long, but they're still irritatingly difficult to read in comparison to each other. It would be great if the slider 'button' (the actual block that you slide around) had a number on it representing the number of clicks away from 0 it is.

I dont like how on the newer games that for passing, for example, its either 'Short', 'Normal' or 'Direct'. I preferred it when there were the same amount of choices as there is for tempo, defensive line etc. The same goes for Closing down, creative freedom and even the attacking (or defensive) mentality of the team. I feel like i have less control over the build up play than i used to.

Id also like to see a new method of development of players instead of the current system of having a fixed number that determines the maximum potential of a player. Maybe have it so that the development of a player is mostly focused around the personality of the player and how well nurtured they are.

I want Wednesday, Saturday same time match fixture is working.

Also another sub-option that the human players matches shall be played on different time. So human players watch eachothers derby matches.

For example, Human Players managing Bolton;Wolves,Sunderland,Fulham
Saturday 15:00
- Arsenal - Fulham
- Sunderland - Newcastle
And Sunday 15:00
- Wolves-Bolton

When you look at the latest scores whys your team always at the bottom??!! Just put in alphabetic order like normal!!!

I would love newgens from the same country as the club to get homegrown status. It is so stupid that 15 years old newgens from England don't get homegrown status. It is a problem for me when playing a Norwegian club. In the Norwegian top league, you are just allowed to register 11 non-homegrown players. When I can just register 11 players, I am of course likely to go for the best players available and then I can't give my prospects match experience from the highest level.

Another thing i think the need to do is sort out the SPL and make it weaker. The scottish teams always seem to go far in europe and that rarely happens IRL!

Also why are benfica and porto called SLB and FCP some annoying!