Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

I think you should be able to give praise or criticism to individual players during a game. Like "good tackle", "great pass", "horrible effort" and things like that. And then the player's morale will change.

I agree with Nikopol. Other manager personalities are not so well implemented. Also, make the game harder somewhat. Or at least, i would like to see option not to see player atributes, or that they would be only shown in letters, (a, b, c, d , e) or somethin like that. So i would need to rely much more heavily on scouting, just like in real life.

I mean, you see that player has 19 finishing, acc and pace and its given that he will score a shtload of goals. I would like only to see my scouts tell me he`s fast and good finisher. Or extremely good finisher. Not a attribute number.

Sorry on bad english-

multiple youth teams for greater reputation teams. u14's, u16's, u18's, and foreign academies. i know it would produce a lot more regens in the database, so program it that the majority of those players who aren't offered extension contracts automatically retire, or stick around unattached for a year first. also make it so you can start as a youth team manager and work your way up.

Not sure if it has already been suggested but an option to search by natrual position would be a nice addition.

I dont know if anybody remembers total club manager? well i thought it was awesome to be able to upgrade things like Club hotel, Shops, Car parks and smaller things aswell around the club, would be a better way aswell for tighter control over finances!! :)

Nobody cares about club hotel, shops and car parks. You think Mourinho or Sir Alex go around upgrading car parks ?

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

You have Fifa Man. for that stpd sht.

Say i'm given a weekly wage budget of 25k and i've spent 19k of that which means I have 6k left in wages I would love if I could offer a player 6k instead of the 2500 wage cap :p

After missing out on an important transfer just now playing as Portsmouth, I hope FM12 has more emphasis on "Deadline Day". I thought features like rumors coming in through your news feed and the option of how long you want to skip forward on that day would be pretty neat.
You might just want to skip forward 15 mins to see if your offer has been accepted or skip forward 6 hours if you havnt got any transfers lined up on that special day :p

Anyone agree?

Thats a good idea! make deadline day as exciting as it is in real life..because personally..deadline day is like my ****!

yeh, and a robotic "Max Headroom"-style Jim White in the top of the screen for added awesome!

About Deadline, what about inquiring or convincing a player to tell his agent to sell him to a team and not to any other...

Agents should be remastered from the very beginning.

For example you cannot talk to and agent if it is not in negotiations....would be great to tell them that you are interested in a player before talking to the team. I know that it is illegal before the six final moths of his contract, but, BANN ME! or just do it in that six months...

multiple youth teams for greater reputation teams. u14's, u16's, u18's, and foreign academies. i know it would produce a lot more regens in the database, so program it that the majority of those players who aren't offered extension contracts automatically retire, or stick around unattached for a year first. also make it so you can start as a youth team manager and work your way up.

I like this idea.

Personally i like the idea of being able to be an assistant manager or coach to gain experience before you become a manager. Also being able to spent the wage you get. Another good idea is that you can help choose the sponsors for kits, stadiums etc, and each sponsor has a different bonus for agreeing to it.
Finally the thing with deadline day being just like real life where there is loads of rumours which will never happen, and that it goes every 15 minutes rather than just skipping through and you miss out on signing a great player.

Can't wait for FM 2012 :D

Don´t know if exposed yet, but what about that hideous tactics screen where the spots are snapped!!!???

Being able to still talk to Retired players/Non Players for advice or maybe to convince them back into football. When Cristiano Ronaldo retired in 2022 I was gutted :(

An idea I would like to see implemented would be differences in Chairmen and clubs.

Like Real Madrid for example. We have a President, which goes up for renewal every 4 years. So do Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao. Now with these clubs, new presidents come in and do different things. Its the same at Chelsea compared to United. Alex Ferguson has free reign of Old Trafford and gets to pick and choose everything within the club, were the long list of prior Chelsea managers haven't.

What we could do is have someone like Abromovichs personality brought into the game. We he would buy a player, he would put pressure on you to play players and basically not give you much options other than outside of picking the tactics and selecting the squad. Not naturally he cannot force you to put the player in the squad but could send you a cheeky little memo saying he thinks Torres should play today and if you didn't play Torres then your rating with him would decrease, 10-fold if you had lost that game.

Players going over your head when they are not happy because they do not respect you as much as previous managers. As a manager coming into a side of say Real Madrid. You have Higuain and Benzema and your only planning on playing 1 striker but you dont want to sell either of them so your testing the waters and find Benzema is good to start with and Higuain gives and epic impact of the bench. Higuain could be unhappy about this and instead of come to you, he could go to the president to which the president could put pressure on you.

Now naturally not all chairmen and presidents are like this and some are quite the opposite who are happy to sit back and allow you to do your business and naturally there is alot more of them than the meddling ones.

Also with the meddling ones, once you start winning trophies and getting a reputation for yourself, your chairman will start to listen to you more and take your ideas on board, upgrade youth, training, stadium, and your players will have an increased relationship with you accepting his place in the team.

Sorry if its been mentioned before but something I have been thinking about.