Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

1. Ballboys.
2. More Flexible Tactic system = abolish the grid! Set running arrows in new tactic system!
3. Possibility to sign from your rivals.
4. User defined squads
5. Much more input and play possibility in the youth system
6. Zoomed in replays for key incidents
7. The possibility to have 'scripted' incidents and add stories into the game to make it more unpredictable (like a GM/DM)
8. Ability to design kits and colours... it gets boring!
9. Possibility to create a team from scratch and see how it gets on (As in Wimbledon AFC).

I so want to be a coach or an assistant manager.I know it's called Football MANAGER,but it would be good to develop a carrer starting as a coach and ranking up to being a manager,just like some people do in real life

japan league and national team.. i'm not japanese but they are a getting stronger and stronger every year.. lots of good young player too..

Was watching deadline day in the premeirship yesterday and think it could be a massive thing in the game if we make deadline day a big thing instead of change of day going daily we make it go hourly to see if we can force through a last couple of transfers maybe a couple of free agents that wouldnt sign up but want to secure football for that season would be willing to talk!

What to do people think? Maybe people could add to it more i dont know but yeh put my idea out!

I so want to be a coach or an assistant manager.I know it's called Football MANAGER,but it would be good to develop a carrer starting as a coach and ranking up to being a manager,just like some people do in real life

I don't see how it would work. What would you actually do other than manage the odd reserve team game?

Last edited:
Also to have more teams become interested in your players and then for you to offer them directly to that club!

I don't see how it would work. What would you actually do other than manage the odd reserve team game?
This is still good,you can manage the exiting young prospects coming to the first team and it makes the game more realistic imo.

Dont know if it was said before but...

I would like more interaction with the press, reporters have personalities that affect the way the question you..

ex. a reporter that likes you will ask: "Your way in handling blablabla situation is great, where did you learn how to blablabla"

Whereas a reporter that doesnt like you would go
ex. "Your way in handling blablabla is good but Im sure other managers can do better, care to share where you got that knowledge?"

There can be many reasons for a journalist/reporter to like or dislike you
for example, lets say John Doe is a fan of entertaining football, but youre managing your team to play very defensively (Allardyce-ish), therefore John will criticize you and your ways more often than other reporters.

Or the reporters can be based on real pundits e.g. Robbie Savage

I know that the press isn't that big of an aspect for FM, but i feel like every little detail can help to set the atmosphere of being a manager.

Yeah, and media campaigns to try hurt your team of your opponent or help with bullshit stories, like any Spanish newspaper against Real Madrid. And players telling things to press.

Ability to answer when a transfer rumour pops in the press. Not just look for other speculation, but saying it's true, it's false, where did you journalists got it from...

I already said more previous experience steps, right?. It's not right if from professional footabller - not wanted by any higher than third tier, you jump to international - wanted by top division.

more chat options when talking to players while playing national teams

A better deadline day feature, with more frequent rumours on the day, and realistic (twists).
Fair play rankings for the Premiership.

they used it in FM 2010... players can just not want to move. I can give this example for players in israel cause thats my HL but I can take yann M'vila for example who just want to stay another year or Lukaku last year.

Was watching deadline day in the premeirship yesterday and think it could be a massive thing in the game if we make deadline day a big thing instead of change of day going daily we make it go hourly to see if we can force through a last couple of transfers maybe a couple of free agents that wouldnt sign up but want to secure football for that season would be willing to talk!

What to do people think? Maybe people could add to it more i dont know but yeh put my idea out!

I was thinking EXACTLY this... deadline just passes by, yeh the game clock stops more, but it could be a really exciting thing with a ticker tape etc. This has to be considered...

More important Trainer abilities. There aren't huge differences between high class trainers and also their personal opinion is not represented in the game. Jürgen Klopp would never switch to Schalke 04 (happened in my game. Also i think the different types of trainers are not represented right. Felix Magath for example buys old cheap players (Hleb,Hitzlsperger) or stars that are not needed or are to old (Raul,Huntelaar,Metzelder).

He also is very known for his terrible handling with players. Just google for the newest Patrick Helmes - Magath story.

It would be lovely to see trainers in FM12 like they behave in real life. Magath is only one (extreme) example. Mourinho,Van Gaal, Wenger as accurate managers in FM12 and it will be instant buy

I know this may defeat the purpose of the game, but I think it this would bring the game to be much more fun and entertaining, and a game never ever to get bored off.

It obviously standard to be a manager of a club, but how good would it be to not only have a chance to be a manager, but also a become a chairman of a club, just like how Niall Quinn became from a player to a chairman, or be an assistant manager or coach, scout or physio, in case you can't find a managerial job of a good club, be a coach or whatever and progress your way up, or get experience and work your way up the ladder or just take a different route through your career. I know it might be too much, but it would be a whole completely new level and would leave all the other managerial games well left behind.

Just givin my opinion, it is something I would love to do though, be a chairman of a club and set budgets and employ managers to build your team or be a coach/assistant manager etc and work your way to being a manager.

Obviously, to be a chairman, you need to have the money and be able to afford a club in the first place.

Just giving my thoughts, would love to see what people think of my idea.

Improved history of player stats. Rather than just showing how many league goals scored, show goals scored in all competetitions.

Mostly looking forward to some match engine changes:

- The results of tactic v tactic are too generic, and not ''punishing'' enough. Eg. Even though you have clear numerical advantage at the centre of the pitch, it doesn't result to higher possession/control of the game (assuming that the respective teams are fairly evenly matched). Also something like, playing 3 CB's against a lone stiker system doesn't have distinctive disadvantages etc, etc. There are many, many more things like that.

- In close relation to the previous one, especially the possession stats are too generic. Eg. Arsenal has always average possession in the region of 52%-53%, while IRL it was around 60% past season. Also the fact that one can't dominate possession on away matches, unless the opposing team is clearly inferior, is quite baffling.

- AI getting red carded has close to no effect at all.

- The pressing settings aren't effective nor distinctive enough. Whether one is playing with low or high setting. Also, stikers rarely try to put the opposing GK under true pressure, when the ball is at his feet.

- The early build-up phase should be tweaked. Eg. it's highly common in modern top level football, that the team's regista drops between the CB's to collect the ball, an the defenders take wide positions etc. Little things like that.

- The wide players should be working better together and have more varied results (assuming that there's a partnership there, wide defender and wide midfielder/attacker). Eg. FB's like Evra, Marcelo and Alves tend to make diagonal runs to the box, while majority of the other defenders tend to rather keep the width. Obviously this also depends on tactic/system, but I'd just like to see both wide players adjusting to each other's movement and work more like in a tandem.

- High speed / accerelation stats shouldn't lead to good dribbling. Eg. Bent and Chicharito have made frequent defence splitting dribbles in my saves, even though their respective attributes demonstrate high pace, yet not that good dribbling skills.

- Three at the back formations should REALLY be looked at, especially the defensive shapes.

- Formations like 5-2-1-2 shouldn't work in all honesty. There are quite a few totally unbalanced formations, which work like a charm within the match engine.

There is a few more, but can't be bothered to make huge list. :D

The game is called Football Manager so well, you're suppose to become a manager of the club. Maybe a more appropriate suggestion will be having a chance to manage youth teams independently of their senior teams, or starting as an assistant manager and working your way up to a manager.

Furthermore, it will make creation of the game much more complicated because you will have to devise different things that could be done while playing in different roles. I think, instead of spending time creating a "becoming a chairman, scout, coach, etc system", they should just invest that time in improving the match engine, the game interface and several other things related to the current FM manager managing set-up.

Last edited:
I want to be able to see key passes on the analysis screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!

Would be great to know where and how my midfielders are carving up the opposition so I can tweak the tactic to take advantage.