Football Manager 2013 Patch 13.1.2 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? He's telling you where to find instructions on how to install the patch, although it baffles me how anyone can not know how to do it.

Best thing to do is give keyboard warriors the attention they deserve. None.

Sigh. I've posted replies many times (one of which is on previous page or page before that), and the full instructions are on the very first page.

Is it my fault (some) people can't be bothered to look? So shut up

You can't compensate for laziness.

Why? He's telling you where to find instructions on how to install the patch, although it baffles me how anyone can not know how to do it.

It just shows that easy instructions can baffle some people. Simple minds and all that.

This is copied from the discussion board of SIgames, originally posted by the moderator PaulC:

For those interested, we have the following in testing with a view to it being released sometime in the next week:

Match v1316
-----------

- Fixed bug causing players to occasionally react too late to pass
- Improved pressing of opponents slightly
- Made players more willing to go for a riskier interception if ball receiver is in a goalscoring position
- Tweaked keeper positioning when facing down attacker
- Reduced pointless passing slightly
- Fine tuned chance of speculative passes slightly
- Refine kick innaccuracy algorithm slightly

Match v1317
-----------

- Fixed defenders not turning quick enough when tracking player running onto through ball
- Reduced likelyhood of players making pass when in clear cut shooting position

PLEASE NOTE: this is not me having a go at SI etcetc, i'll leave that too everyone else.

I'm just making an observation about games now-a-days. What i'm finding is, more and more often, companies are releasing games far too early; FM13, Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2 - too name a few.

I think they're releasing them too early because, they know people will still buy the game, and, in a way, we are additional testers for the game except it isnt in Beta form anymore.

I find this pretty cheeky, not just SI, but other developers are releasing too early and using our complaints and bugs to fix the game, so, in essence, they get longer to work on the game, yet still release the game too make money.

I can see why they do it, i just feel a bit ripped off? I don't want to wait a couple of months after the release of a game to make sure i've got the fully patched copy. It should come all ready to go, instead of us getting frustrated and being forced to wait for them to sort it out.

I love the new features of FM13, the intimacy of being a manager, day-to-day involvement. Training. Finances. Transfers. Opposition scouting.

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant framework. I just wish we wernt so let down by developers releasing games far too early knowing we're all still sucker enough to buy it thinking we've got the real deal. Again, not a dig at SI, but at all developers.

ANYWAY :) I hope this soon-to-be released patch is gonna work wonders because, as with FM12 last year, I like to hibernate away over christmas and crack out a few seasons :)

big love SI, i'll stick with you even if some haters leave <3

PLEASE NOTE: this is not me having a go at SI etcetc, i'll leave that too everyone else.

I'm just making an observation about games now-a-days. What i'm finding is, more and more often, companies are releasing games far too early; FM13, Call of Duty 2, Battlefield 2 - too name a few.

I think they're releasing them too early because, they know people will still buy the game, and, in a way, we are additional testers for the game except it isnt in Beta form anymore.

I find this pretty cheeky, not just SI, but other developers are releasing too early and using our complaints and bugs to fix the game, so, in essence, they get longer to work on the game, yet still release the game too make money.

I can see why they do it, i just feel a bit ripped off? I don't want to wait a couple of months after the release of a game to make sure i've got the fully patched copy. It should come all ready to go, instead of us getting frustrated and being forced to wait for them to sort it out.

I love the new features of FM13, the intimacy of being a manager, day-to-day involvement. Training. Finances. Transfers. Opposition scouting.

Don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant framework. I just wish we wernt so let down by developers releasing games far too early knowing we're all still sucker enough to buy it thinking we've got the real deal. Again, not a dig at SI, but at all developers.

ANYWAY :) I hope this soon-to-be released patch is gonna work wonders because, as with FM12 last year, I like to hibernate away over christmas and crack out a few seasons :)

This game wont be fully patched, it will continue to evolve with each update till March, but I do know what you mean. but there was simply no point using the FM12 engine. In about a week the next big update will roll out, and the FM13 engine will be playing the kind of football that the last FM12 engine could only dream of, for the most part it already is. They took one step back to go ten forwards. FM14 will likely then seen rewrite of the tactical choices, with a much bigger TC, but do that you have to get the structure in place. Hence FM13's new engine.

This game wont be fully patched, it will continue to evolve with each update till March, but I do know what you mean. but there was simply no point using the FM12 engine. In about a week the next big update will roll out, and the FM13 engine will be playing the kind of football that the last FM12 engine could only dream of, for the most part it already is. They took one step back to go ten forwards. FM14 will likely then seen rewrite of the tactical choices, with a much bigger TC, but do that you have to get the structure in place. Hence FM13's new engine.

I know :/ I really really hope this new patch silences all the harsh critics, yes its not perfect but, like you said, it'll be "playing the kind of football that the last FM12 engine could only dream of".

It makes me LOL when people moan about weird results in FM13. Helloooooo? Norwich 1-0 Man U?

AND, Everton 1-2 Reading, i'm an evertonian myself, everton dominated possesion in the first half, should have been 3/4 nil up. Yet reading came out second half and turned the game around. Yes it's gutting but, such is football!! But when that scenario happens in FM13 people start rage-quitting and blabbing on about how they're getting rid of the game. Its realistic!! I think everyone got too complacent with turning up and winning in FM12, i know i did!! It was quite a shock too me changing too FM13, but it's going to be so worth it when the patches improve the game.

In my opinion it's not the software developer who codes hard every day that takes the decision to release too early. They don't have the power to do that and they're not to blame. The management or some other respective people are in charge of such commercial decisions. And I can't imagine that with all those problems a software developer working on the ME would go to his boss and say: "Hey chief, the new ME is absolutely amazing and has no issues at all!"...

Apart from that I agree with you.

I know :/ I really really hope this new patch silences all the harsh critics, yes its not perfect but, like you said, it'll be "playing the kind of football that the last FM12 engine could only dream of".

It makes me LOL when people moan about weird results in FM13. Helloooooo? Norwich 1-0 Man U?

AND, Everton 1-2 Reading, i'm an evertonian myself, everton dominated possesion in the first half, should have been 3/4 nil up. Yet reading came out second half and turned the game around. Yes it's gutting but, such is football!! But when that scenario happens in FM13 people start rage-quitting and blabbing on about how they're getting rid of the game. Its realistic!! I think everyone got too complacent with turning up and winning in FM12, i know i did!! It was quite a shock too me changing too FM13, but it's going to be so worth it when the patches improve the game.

Cheers mate. I'm an Evertonian myself and would prefer not to be reminded of that result :(

Cheers mate. I'm an Evertonian myself and would prefer not to be reminded of that result :(

haha i know dude, absolute gutter it was. High-hopes for Norwich this weekend though :)

It will be Sega that force them to release early. I completely agree with what you have said. Skyrim especially annoyed me when it came out because of the glaring bugs in the game on release.

Also the attitude of some of the SI forum moderators is laughable. They are pretty rude.

Yeah these results do happen, but once in a while not week in week out as it does on FM13! there is no explanation as to why John Walters hits the back of the net more frequently than Van Persie! or why despite setting all tactical instructions possible to short passing your players still continuously hoof it for no reason. This is not just FM13 it has been like this for many versions on the game.

No one wants an easy 'i will win every single match' kind of game but what i would like to see is better players actually being better in the game, and stop the AI teams all playing like barcelona...

Anyway I love this game, always have always will, and i can handle freak results, like you said, its football. But what gets me is the frequency in which they occur.

Yeah these results do happen, but once in a while not week in week out as it does on FM13! there is no explanation as to why John Walters hits the back of the net more frequently than Van Persie! or why despite setting all tactical instructions possible to short passing your players still continuously hoof it for no reason. This is not just FM13 it has been like this for many versions on the game.

No one wants an easy 'i will win every single match' kind of game but what i would like to see is better players actually being better in the game, and stop the AI teams all playing like barcelona...

Anyway I love this game, always have always will, and i can handle freak results, like you said, its football. But what gets me is the frequency in which they occur.

Its been happening a long time in FM, and 95% of the time if comes down to the player needing to change something. The frequency is dependent on how quickly the player spots his errors and adapts. If its only happening to you and not the AI, it is no longer ME, and therefore "tactical" (being extremely broad, as it could be a number of things from having only one kind of attack that is easily dealt with, to trying to play killer pass football, on a boggy pitch in feb)

Status
Not open for further replies.