Football Manager 2013 Screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Match engine dosen't look much different. Interface looks a bit more flashy. Not sure I like it like that. Classic Mode is useless to me as I play the proper game and challenge mode isn't really my thing.

Like the new Calender though.

Reminds me of Fifa Manager. I'm sure I'll get used to the new interface but not for me at the moment..

Does what is says on the tin. Clear, neat, UI looks easy enough to grasp and the in-match snap looks pretty good, and like the slight tweaks to the info that's presented (for example it immediately tells you who the backroom staff member thinks would be an ideal role model in the training bit). I'd be happy with that, but as it says it's still work in progress.

I love how the game looks. This screenshots only makes the waiting a bit harder.

Paying extra for "unlockable" in-game cheats?

I'd be happy with that, but as it says it's still work in progress.
iPhone.gif

Its a lot more visual, with the players overview screen, and I love that you can employ a head of youth development

Paying extra for "unlockable" in-game cheats?

They are for the Classic (FMC) mode only and can be unlocked for free by completing certain accomplishments anyway.

First time I can really say that I'm loving the new skin. In game stuff looks much crisper than previous versions. Quite like the option for a stadium snapshot in club information, I'm sure someone will release a pack for that. The best position tab on the player page is very useful, sick of having to check scout reports for that.

it seems that there wont be much difference in the 3D match engine.. but atleast few bugs should be removed like strikers missing easy goals very often n goalkeeper never rushes out of the box to clear the danger..

Hopefully the (Historic) suffix on the team rivalries means it's now easier to gain a new rival, with many types. perhaps dynamic club relations has been played with

it seems that there wont be much difference in the 3D match engine.. but atleast few bugs should be removed like strikers missing easy goals very often n goalkeeper never rushes out of the box to clear the danger..

Eh? Biggest change in the match engine since 2009.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss match engine changes. In last year's announcement of FM12 Miles explained that the focus in that game wasn't so much on new features as it was on polish, because they were working on a significant overhaul of the match engine (among other) for FM13. What you're seeing in the screens isn't the match engine though, only the visual representation.

While I'd say it's visual style hasn't changed much, once it starts moving you might notice massive changes. He specifically mentioned ball physics last year and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in this year's announcement as well. If that's right than this year's edition might well mark the first radical overhaul since 2006 (think it was that year).

Other features seem more along the lines of evolution instead of revolution, as per usual. Not a bad thing, they're steadily moving their product upwards and onwards. It's becoming a very comprehensive virtual footballing experience.

The skin is almost perfect, almost because I hate having grass as a background, I'll just change that to plain white/grey and it'll be fine.

looks good, like the ease of gaining useful information (rating for each of previous 5 matches, player role)

It looks like a graphical overhaul with some additions here and there.

What I don't understand is what a manager has to do with appointing a director of football...that is a board function irl.

I don't see improvements for tactics or the training which imo should be as detailed as possible as that is what your job as manager is about besides the matches and managing the players.
I did notice something about a weekly schedule settings that appears to be linked with the training, but its kinda unclear.

The scout report contains more detail from what I can see and that is good.

It look nice so far, but by the looks of the screenies I fear that the game is more about the board related jobs rather then the actual managing and training of the players which is a shame imo.

For the FM fans its a nice graphical upgrade with some extra options but for the newbies I am not sure if its made easier to understand certain aspects of the game like creating your own tactic, creating your own training schedules and how to manage your players.

But this is my opinion based on the screenies shown...Ill judge about the game when its released (and hopefully they have disabled the use of classic tactics)

It looks like a graphical overhaul with some additions here and there.

What I don't understand is what a manager has to do with appointing a director of football...that is a board function irl.

I don't see improvements for tactics or the training which imo should be as detailed as possible as that is what your job as manager is about besides the matches and managing the players.
I did notice something about a weekly schedule settings that appears to be linked with the training, but its kinda unclear.

The scout report contains more detail from what I can see and that is good.

It look nice so far, but by the looks of the screenies I fear that the game is more about the board related jobs rather then the actual managing and training of the players which is a shame imo.

For the FM fans its a nice graphical upgrade with some extra options but for the newbies I am not sure if its made easier to understand certain aspects of the game like creating your own tactic, creating your own training schedules and how to manage your players.

But this is my opinion based on the screenies shown...Ill judge about the game when its released (and hopefully they have disabled the use of classic tactics)

Aren't you overreacting just a little here? I mean just because there are a few more staff roles and you can appoint a DoF doesn't mean the game is more about "board related jobs" than managing your players, which is an absurd suggestion to be fair. If anything the introduction of a DoF means you can let him handle the desk jobs so you can focus more the football related stuff. As for training and tactics, the screens don't really show us the finer details. I do notice a Match Plan button though, which seems a very interesting addition to tactics. And surely the Classic mode will help new players get the hang of the game better.

Status
Not open for further replies.