Football Manager 2014 - 14.3 patch

I'm actually delaying updating my game, since I finally created a tactic that works. Now i'm worried if I update I won't be able to run Bayern as close as I am at the minute for the title :(

I'm actually delaying updating my game, since I finally created a tactic that works. Now i'm worried if I update I won't be able to run Bayern as close as I am at the minute for the title :(

I updated during my second season with Newcastle, basically my tactics aren't working and every time I score a goal I concede within 10 mins and if I ever go two up, I concede two goals to corners. Watford are the latest benefactors to my updated ME.

Start a new game.

So far:

Woodwork seems to be the new CCC objective. I've already bought 4 gallons of paint for it.
Opposite GK in God mod in the 2 games i've made.
Didn't concede :D
Corners have disappeared. I use mixed and had almost 1 per game :(
No more stupid passing between defenders and GK.

In all, happy with the result.

After 2 weeks of tweaking my tactic, i got it to work perfectly last night, downloaded the patch today now my players are playing like strangers. Guess that means its time for a new save.

I updated during my second season with Newcastle, basically my tactics aren't working and every time I score a goal I concede within 10 mins and if I ever go two up, I concede two goals to corners. Watford are the latest benefactors to my updated ME.

Well I'm a Watford fan so I can't complain about that!

I withdraw my last comment and second debsicus: my team suffers the Manchester United syndrome, if i can cal it a team.

Started to test several tweaks in tactics against a single opponent playing a 4-5-1 with wingers and im destroyed every game by crosses and corner goals.
Can't hold the ball, can't pass 3 times in a row... new tactic needed and all the work done since last patch went to the garbage...

I know Adnan Januzaj was upgraded to -10 PA, has his CA been upgraded?

im not moaning just saying two games 2 red cards! didnt have a red card with this tactic on the old 1 :S

YES!!! Gonna start my first real save (long-term) with 2 managers at the same time. Been waiting for this since the start of february and right after my exams this update comes online :)

I had a two manager save before the 14.3 update, and I could see the player instructions for both teams in the tactics screen, and then for one of the teams the individual player instructions would be wiped after each match - if that makes sense. Pls let me know how you get on with this!

how do i install the new update manually?

if anyone could tell me the folder i place the update in would appreciate it...

played against chelsea yesterday 1-1, rematch today - new patch - losing 9-0 at half-time

nice SI, actually the game was perfect for me on 14.2.1 and I thought they could go only better after 14.2.2 which was **** - boy was I mistaken

edit: I've played one game on each save with various tactics - on every single game I got destroyed, no matter what the teams were. haven't scored yet. I've never been so frustrated with FM

Last edited:
how do i install the new update manually?

if anyone could tell me the folder i place the update in would appreciate it...

You can't, it's all done automatically through Steam.

played against chelsea yesterday 1-1, rematch today - new patch - losing 9-0 at half-time

nice SI, actually the game was perfect for me on 14.2.1 and I thought they could go only better after 14.2.2 which was **** - boy was I mistaken

Oh dear. There were 0 changes between the 14.2.1 and 14.2.2 match engine.

I bet if you were winning 9-0 you'd be claiming it's the best thing ever.

I have to say that the tweaks to the AI GK have made Neuers all over the place!!

No option to go on hollyday and come back if offered jobinterview or job...disapointed here was really looking to start my jourmeyman save

You can't, it's all done automatically through Steam.

Oh dear. There were 0 changes between the 14.2.1 and 14.2.2 match engine.

I bet if you were winning 9-0 you'd be claiming it's the best thing ever.

really? well, i had to adjust my tactics between 14.2.1 and 14.2.2 so call me crazy.

yeah sure i'd man, but only if it ends with 22-0 ;-)

i played my share of fm and I haven't seen such change in gameplay between pathces for a long time. sure finally I will figurre it out as we all always do, but what I'm merely trying to say is that you can't turn match engine upside down with every patch, and even with 14.2.2 most people even here said it was different than 14.2.1