Football Manager 2014 - Announced

I think this is excellent, I often find myself changing my tactic 15 minutes in because we are being overrun in the middle of the park or their wing backs are killing me... To think that an AI gaffer would be pitting his 'wits' against me is a great addition. Got me drooling about the CL and playing in the snow at Shakhtar trying to gring out a 1-0 win

Finally new tactics system! Hopefully more in depth than the old ones, and give us more control!

All sounds interesting as usual, love this game, played FM13 to death, pretty much everyday since release and every other FM release for that matter. I don't see any reference to Steam as much this year, is the game still to be release through Steam and if so, will this also give access to the Beta? last year was the first time I purchased via Steam, will it be easier this year to buy a hard copy, or better to download?.One final quick question, will you be able to use FM13 tactics within FM14, or do you need to start from scratch ?I asked the same on the SI Community, but to be honest I spend most my time on FM Base, so asking here also as normally get more sensible answers from FM base followers.

Rather use Steam or this site again tbh. Rather be safe than sorry. Had absolutely no problems

Yes, I would like to buy it through this site as well. It wasn't the cheapest option available last year, but cheaper than Steam and of course it doesn't hurt to show some love for a forum that has gotten me through many a dreary day at work...

From the list here it does look like some effort has been invested in improving the non-match parts of the game as well. Hopefully that means there's slightly more coherence and we don't get things like journalists asking about players being selected when they'd been sent off in the previous game...

I hope the 'updated transfer negotiations' includes the ability to actually negotiate with other teams when they put in an offer for your player. Insstead of them bidding say, £35m and you then attempting £40m and they just straight up refuse and cancel the bid. Or even more frustrating, when teams would start with a NON-NEGOTIABLE offer. Who does that? This is our first and final bid. GTFO.

I hope you have all been following Miles and Football Manager on twitter, features being released 6 times a day for a few weeks.

Including today, the announcement of an official Real Time Editor! :)

I hope you have all been following Miles and Football Manager on twitter, features being released 6 times a day for a few weeks.

For an extra cost ;)

For an extra cost ;)

I can't imagine it will be much more than the £1 you have to pay for the current FMRTE, saying that, I am not privy to the financial side of the game.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. With the game getting harder, and a lot of people unwilling to learn about the game, there might just be loads of cheating, lowering the level of discussion etc.

I can't imagine it will be much more than the £1 you have to pay for the current FMRTE, saying that, I am not privy to the financial side of the game.

FMRTE costs like £5 now I think.

Hopefully if it's official they'll implement some feature to show that someone has been tampering. Would be nice to be able to have faith in peoples screenshots again.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. With the game getting harder, and a lot of people unwilling to learn about the game, there might just be loads of cheating, lowering the level of discussion etc.

I doubt it'd lower the level of discussion. That seems to be like clutching at straws for something to complain about.

FMRTE costs like £5 now I think.

Jesus. That's crazy.

Hopefully if it's official they'll implement some feature to show that someone has been tampering. Would be nice to be able to have faith in peoples screenshots again.

Miles said on twitter that the game won't be able to go on the leader-boards once the RTE has been used, not sure if anything else is being done on it regarding showing that a screen has been edited though.

Pretty sure the amount of wonder tactics where the user has won the Premiership with Hull would evaporate!