Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

It would be nice to see something where you can restore your saves ! Countless times I've deleted a save by accident and can't restore it :(

Use the manual 3-roll save method. Instead of just saving, save as game_1, game_2, game_3. Rinse & repeat.

Seperate file saves for set pieces,
Interviews for National Jobs
control over B Teams training,
B team to play with same tactics as main team option,
chance to speak to other manager who takes players on loan with promise of game time and then sticks them in the reserves,
more realistic contract demands 16 yr olds from France on £500pw does not ask for £56,000k pw a week or walks out.
I'd quite like the option to give player instruction, when in possession and without...
Chance to talk to younger players regarding consistancy and get reports on the player from the tutoring player,
Dont know if you can do this already - but the chance to exclude a player from the team talk and just have an individual with him..
I like to use my salary to pay for courses that i attend increasing my stas in man-management, influence, etc.. depending on the course.

Last edited:
I'd love to have a new icon on the normal taskbar for websites so that could replace the transfer rumour section

1. Your teams official website
2. A sports website
3. a local newspaper website

Your own teams website could be used for interviews and things to generate fan interest and general knowledge for them. Players could also give interviews for the sites so that you can see morale, their thoughts etc
Maybe a built in twitter feed to the website too

The sports website could be like a sky sports screen with league news, european competition, internationals etc. as i find it hard to keep up with other teams news for competitions and player rumours

The newspaper site screen could purely be for your press interviews and some rumours. Perhaps the wording in some of the interviews gets twisted and rumours start off of the stories. Stuff like that

Also, building off the above with the websites. Fan reaction. I'm an Arsenal fan and of course twitter went mental with the ozil signing for example. Thats one thing missing from the game, the fans. Give interviews on the teams website and get fan responses or gauge fan reaction to new signings - get to keep an eye on the shirt sales of specific players on the site to see how well your signings are being received

Probably the best idea I've heard id love to see that in FM14

Probably the best idea I've heard id love to see that in FM14

Maybe next yer, MrKop18 :(

I've been posting interaction ideas on fm forums every year in the hope one might catch on. I have always thought 60% of the game should be communication. Sponsors, players, the board, the press etc.

The other 40% should be about the football. There has never been enough interaction options to make it feel like a real manager's day-to-day running of a team

Seperate file saves for set pieces,
Interviews for National Jobs
control over B Teams training,
B team to play with same tactics as main team option,
chance to speak to other manager who takes players on loan with promise of game time and then sticks them in the reserves,
more realistic contract demands 16 yr olds from France on £500pw does not ask for £56,000k pw a week or walks out.
I'd quite like the option to give player instruction, when in possession and without...
Chance to talk to younger players regarding consistancy and get reports on the player from the tutoring player,
Dont know if you can do this already - but the chance to exclude a player from the team talk and just have an individual with him..
I like to use my salary to pay for courses that i attend increasing my stas in man-management, influence, etc.. depending on the course.

I like the separate set piece save idea, and the interviews for national jobs. And yeah the 16 year old wanting ridiculous amounts of money is a pain in the ****.

I'd like a tempo change shout in the shout instructions..

Would like to search for players using roles like DLP,TREQ,BPCB aswell as searching using only possitions.

They HAVE to sort out contracts. On Fm13 its a joke, near enough every player I negotiate with refuses to come down, in spite of upping agents fees, loyalty bonuses, team of year etc... TBH there's not even a negotiation taking place, it's like, pay them what they want or sell them.

They HAVE to sort out contracts. On Fm13 its a joke, near enough every player I negotiate with refuses to come down, in spite of upping agents fees, loyalty bonuses, team of year etc... TBH there's not even a negotiation taking place, it's like, pay them what they want or sell them.

You can, just have to find the way to do that. Offer them quite lower than they ask for. Say 30-40%, then they'll possibly take it down a little, then raise 5-10% and when you're close that raising again would match what they ask, if they haven't accepted, lower it. Numbers are completely made up, I don't calculate, I go by gut feeling. I've taken many to accept contracts that were 5-20% lower that their original demands. Obviously, that doesn't always work and some times I either end offering what they wanted or they break off negotiations, but those are the fewer.

What I would like to see with contracts is when you try to sign a player and he wants to come but he is out of your wage budget he should go to the AI club and ask them to pay the difference like players do to us already. I always get this when I sell players but I have never seen it when I buy or is that just my games?

You can, just have to find the way to do that. Offer them quite lower than they ask for. Say 30-40%, then they'll possibly take it down a little, then raise 5-10% and when you're close that raising again would match what they ask, if they haven't accepted, lower it. Numbers are completely made up, I don't calculate, I go by gut feeling. I've taken many to accept contracts that were 5-20% lower that their original demands. Obviously, that doesn't always work and some times I either end offering what they wanted or they break off negotiations, but those are the fewer.

I had 2 players - one wanted to go from ?38k to ?105K, avg rt: 7.01, I'm like, 'not having that.' So I went in at around ?75k and he wouldn't budge. I upped and upped and upped but he would absolutely not come down, not even by ?1k, even with other bonuses added. Sold him in the end, but I have to say it has happened with a lot of players, they just will not alter their demands. Now I just sell because no one is bigger than the club!!!

I had 2 players - one wanted to go from ?38k to ?105K, avg rt: 7.01, I'm like, 'not having that.' So I went in at around ?75k and he wouldn't budge. I upped and upped and upped but he would absolutely not come down, not even by ?1k, even with other bonuses added. Sold him in the end, but I have to say it has happened with a lot of players, they just will not alter their demands. Now I just sell because no one is bigger than the club!!!

The key is going back down at some point, that makes it more likely to work, if you don't go down at any point during the raising process they'll just wait for you to meet their demands. Still, getting down will still not work for some. There maybe you can have worse luck than me, or I've had better than normal, for once.

So, will be possible to implement some new ideas to football? I really want to use, what guardiola do. So, when fullbacks pushed forwards CBs goes to wide positions and DMC to CB position.

Oh yeah, i really want to see more freedom, when you talk with the media and you players..

Last edited:
So, will be possible to implement some new ideas to football? I really want to use, what guardiola do. So, when fullbacks pushed forwards CBs goes to wide positions and DMC to CB position.

Oh yeah, i really want to see more freedom, when you talk with the media and you players..
You can do this now put Full backs hug touchline and cb mov in to channels with ur dm as ur goalkeeper short pass distribution with the dm normal wide play instruction ur team will dramatically alter from 4 at the back to 3 at the back effortlessly i use this in my tactics tremendous for a control based tactic

Some of the responses I'm reading completely contravene the 'Manager ' part of Football Manager. Miles has said repeatedly that the only aspects you control are those that come under the manager's jurisdiction, so not stadium redevelopment or sorting out commercial partners from the world over.

One thing I would really like is the ability to offer short-term deals, i.e. 1-3 months. I realise in non-league/lower leagues you can offer non-contracts, which are great, but being at say a Championship club & needing short-term cover for one position without wishing to commit to a long-term deal - say if you're not 100 per cent sure on a player out of contract or the player in question needs to prove their fitness - would be ideal.

If you've told a player that you're going to rest him, and then your backup gets injured (as just happened to me), being able to have a chat with the player who you'd promised a rest to inform him that you'll be need him after all would be a nice addition. More professional players would more understanding of this and vice versa etc.

E.G. Evra was a little jaded so I told him I'd rest him for the next game (league match against a mid-table team) as I was happy to let Fabio have a start. Fabio got injured in training a day or two before the game so naturally in real life I would have had a chat with Evra to explain the situation and ask him if he'd be happy to play (didn't have another back up and was a competitive game so didn't want to risk it). I know Evra is a good professional and role model so would have been confident that he'd understand - however if it was Fabio in this situation and I'd promised him a rest but then needed him I can imagine the talk wouldn't have gone so smoothly.

Just another little feature that would be nice for added realism! :)

In player search, having a list of PPM with check-boxes like when searching for attributes, instead of having to add one by one.