Football Manager 2015 FAQ and Myth Debunking

Forgot to say that TI Mark Tighter being a zonal marking and TI Hassle Opponents automatically activating TI Mark Tighter are not my own ideas but SI Forum Mods ideas... and they know it better, don't they ? :)
This defines logic for me. I would like to see where and who said that and the reasons why they did. Because if they did, then IMO, they are wrong.

Well, you will have to look into the tactical section of the SI forum because I can't go there and post the link here... a forever IP ban on me. The only help I can give you is the Stupid Question Thread located at the tactical forum.

an ironic smile after that question mark

Hey, regardless of whether it's ironic or not, a lot of the mods on the SI forums are the guys who actually make the game. They know what they're talking about.

Well, you will have to look into the tactical section of the SI forum because I can't go there and post the link here... a forever IP ban on me. The only help I can give you is the Stupid Question Thread located at the tactical forum.
Honestly can't be bothered. There's no such thread on SI Forums I'm afraid.

Question said:
4. How do I know what sort of marking my team is employing? Up to FM13, I could choose either Zonal or Man marking, but now all I get is the option to Use Tighter Marking - does this translate to Man Marking?

Answer said:
4 - It's all zonal unless you choose specific man marking in the PI's

Well this sucks, makes very little sense to me.

Well this sucks, makes very little sense to me.

Man Marking in FM was never man marking anyway. It was just a tighter zonal of sorts. Man marking is extinct now too.

my board just upgraded my training facilities to 'impressive'. is this as good as state of art? i cant see any other teams with 'impressive training facilities.......

Hey, regardless of whether it's ironic or not, a lot of the mods on the SI forums are the guys who actually make the game. They know what they're talking about.

I do believe so, but remember what I said about knowing the culture of football in other countries ? Well, when you had people complaining about teams playing to their own leagues on a sunday and then to CL on a tuesday the first reply from a Mod was "ah, Man Utd played for EPL on a sunday and for the Cup next tuesday. Hello, anybody home ? That happens in the UK, different countries have different rules.

I do believe so, but remember what I said about knowing the culture of football in other countries ? Well, when you had people complaining about teams playing to their own leagues on a sunday and then to CL on a tuesday the first reply from a Mod was "ah, Man Utd played for EPL on a sunday and for the Cup next tuesday. Hello, anybody home ? That happens in the UK, different countries have different rules.

Not really sure that's a legitimate complaint given how many researchers and staff SI have all over the world. I believe Porto's chief scout was once an FM researcher, for example.

Not really sure that's a legitimate complaint given how many researchers and staff SI have all over the world. I believe Porto's chief scout was once an FM researcher, for example.

I think your belief is accurate :) and I also think is still an FM researcher, hum, or Porto's scout, at least in FM15 he shows as Porto scout.
As for the complain it was completely legitimate, SI simply missed or ignored that different countries have different rules regarding calendar issues: in UK teams can play a match 48 hours after the previous one; in Portugal it's not possible, it's 72 hours. And the issue turned being fixed, legitimating the complain.

I think your belief is accurate :) and I also think is still an FM researcher, hum, or Porto's scout, at least in FM15 he shows as Porto scout.
As for the complain it was completely legitimate, SI simply missed or ignored that different countries have different rules regarding calendar issues: in UK teams can play a match 48 hours after the previous one; in Portugal it's not possible, it's 72 hours. And the issue turned being fixed, legitimating the complain.

It's not being ignored, it's an issue that's not as simple to fix as you make it out to be. We've gone over this before.

It's not being ignored, it's an issue that's not as simple to fix as you make it out to be. We've gone over this before.

You missed this: and the issue turned being fixed, legitimating the complain.

The only thing I don't like (at least in FM14) is that when there's an angled run into the box towards the keeper, the opposition/AI keeper will shape to cover that player with the ball, and one of my guys is free for a pass and shoot; but my player always (9 out of 10 times) will shoot the low % low angled shot instead of the near 100% goal to his teammate.

Drives me mad. :/

Otherwise yeah, I laugh at all the other stuff like "tactic won't work after a season". Uhh yeah, vary your tactics accordingly! :)

It seems that is still going on (as wingers / IF standing alone and not closing down the opponent FB when he attacks). An argument / solution is to tell the players to be more disciplined. The thing is that this is a TI so you wouldn't be telling just your winger that instruction, but to all your team.

It seems that is still going on (as wingers / IF standing alone and not closing down the opponent FB when he attacks). An argument / solution is to tell the players to be more disciplined. The thing is that this is a TI so you wouldn't be telling just your winger that instruction, but to all your team.

Or change is role to support instead of attack.

This also works for FBs to cover more crosses and prevent those late scores from opponents.

Or change is role to support instead of attack.

This also works for FBs to cover more crosses and prevent those late scores from opponents.

Not really. It seems the tactical set up we see in Tactics is related to the defensive positioning of the team (then roles and duties define the offensive positioning), so if using any role / duty in the AMR / AML position the player will not track back so much as intended. If people want these players to track back more, then it's better to use the MR / ML position. One question that arises is that in the MR / ML position there isn't the IF role. Solution ? Pick another role and give him instructions to act like an IF.

Yeah. I am having decent success using a Wide Midfielder -Attack at ML. He's asked to Cut Inside, Dribble More and Cross Less Often.

I lose potency on the counter, but gain defensive stability because he drops deeper.

Last edited: