Football Manager 2015 FAQ and Myth Debunking

Yeah, I've been fiddling around with AM(L) vs M(L) for half a year by now. WM(.A) + Cut Inside + the other attacking fuss was indeed the next best thing in FM14, it kinda worked like the new Wide Playmaker role (Btw: Inverted M(L) + attacking M(R) (or even better AM(R)) with "Moves Into Channels" was one of the best "partnerships" through all of FM14 for me, should work even better with a Raumdeuter-thing on the right). Still, wide midfielders don't get to cover as much ground in the offensive phase as they could - even when testing tactics with a generic editor league, with players of the "work rate/teamwork/determination/stamina 18" kind to eliminate those factors.

But whatever, 15's going to need a couple of months to reach a finitely stable state, we'll see what comes out as most efficient in the end.

Uh, speaking of "covering ground": in the FM15 beta, is it possible that distances covered by FBs and CM(.A)s are a bit on the exaggerated side? My guys consistently covered more than 14 kilometres per game (Bundesliga, so sadly no 7-minute additional times :-( ). IRL, the hardest-working players of the hardest-working teams usually max out at around 13.5km.

Now we're just going in circles. Or you are. The fact remains (and this was discussed at length) that PIs that will alter the role so that it doesn't perform what the role is supposed to be about, should be unavailable.

By that logic any PI would alter the role, so let's make them all unavailable and already active. How's that ? Nice, hum. We can look at Alaba as an WB with an attack duty (sometimes he's something else too), and we also see Alaba frequently dribbling don't we ? Or Dani Alves in his good old days, indeed it was the most of what we saw in Dani Alves, dribbling all along the pitch.

So, Pep turns to Alaba and tells him

"David, I want you to be an attacking WB next match"
"Ok, mister"
"Wait... you can't be an attacking wb"
"why not mister ?"
"Because you would be dribbling often and although I'm the manager I can't tell you to dribble less as an attacking wb. I would like you to be everything a wb is but dribbling not so often, but I can't and since I can't I will pick another role for you or maybe the same with another duty". Yes, very logical indeed.

Good lord. Stop being (deliberately?) thick.

Seems obvious to me, play him as a winger, but dont let do the things wingers do.. then he's not a winger.

miguelalves, I have a spoiler for you: Games != Real Life.

Do you actually think Guardiola would ever say something like "I want you to be an attacking wing back"? Managers explain their players what they want them to do, how they want them to play. They don't say "I want you to play as an Advanced Playmaker on the Support duty".

Do you actually think Guardiola would ever say something like "I want you to be an attacking wing back"? Managers explain their players what they want them to do, how they want them to play. They don't say "I want you to play as an Advanced Playmaker on the Support duty".

I was being ironic

Funny how the changes to roles and removal of absolute freedom of sliders came from people not wanting to admit game != reality and claiming how much more realistic was for Pep to tell Alaba "I want you to be an wingback - attack" than a set of sliders representing the full extend of instructions Pep would say like "I want to to use the space in front. Don't look for the pass at the slightest pressure, I want you to release it to your teammates higher up the pitch when the pass may be more dangerous or where more danger can be created and then I prefer if you passed the ball to feet than trying to cross it to the center, for the pass is better controlled".

Because one three state slider was so unrealistic according to them and they thought two buttons allowing for three different states (button one, button two or none active) was so different. It's the same. A computer interface with three state input. Same lack of realism. The only way for true realism is to get a real job in a real team. Sliders were total freedom and imagination to translate the instructions you wanted to tell to a player into sliders. Now it's the same, but with buttons and with instructions that while a manager would be able to tell his player are blocked because someone decided innovating with roles is not something to be allowed to the user (read make simple, as now may be as possible as before but one has to guess what are the default instructions, which is not always as clear, considering the fluidity text seems by most have nothing to do with what it really does).

Go to the Clear Cut Chance third issue. And read the "About the new tactics GUI" and the Shrewnaldo article.

not sure this is the correct thread to post on but would really appreciate any help. im trying to put a shortlist from one save to the other however when i go to upload it to the save i want no shortlists are appearing in the file. can anyone help??

I have several problems with this game and older football managers, however its nothing to do with loosing or the game being scripted, as you said in the FAQ its not, if you loose its normally the users fault.

more **** than a babies nappy
people just keep reloading till they get the desired result and then tell other people they lose because they got their tactics wrong and i guess the reason for this being they won after 120 reloads they finally changed their tactic to something that won so logic states it was a tactic problem in the first instance.
absolute ****!!! fm14 sucked sucked sucked and not for any of the reasons mentioned
you are the reason the game won't get fixed an arrogant moron who thinks he knows better than everyone else

Edit: oh and no not moaning about losing but all the other stuff that happens a list too long to list.

Last edited:
more **** than a babies nappy
people just keep reloading till they get the desired result and then tell other people they lose because they got their tactics wrong and i guess the reason for this being they won after 120 reloads they finally changed their tactic to something that won so logic states it was a tactic problem in the first instance.
absolute ****!!! fm14 sucked sucked sucked and not for any of the reasons mentioned
you are the reason the game won't get fixed an arrogant moron who thinks he knows better than everyone else

Edit: oh and no not moaning about losing but all the other stuff that happens a list too long to list.

.... Just because you can't win doesn't mean that everyone else reloads their games. Grow up.

Also, there is a thread for ranting, use that. http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...8964-fm15-post-your-frustrations-raaaage.html

i did. It was obvious

Not when you take his posting history into consideration. To me he comes across as the kind of guy who hates the game but still buys it every year so he can complain about it.

Not when you take his posting history into consideration. To me he comes across as the kind of guy who hates the game but still buys it every year so he can complain about it.

I don't know him. Don't remember any other posts by him.

I have a question about manager style and qualifications and past experience, im currently playing a save as liverpool but my team keeps under performing, conceding late on in games and missing alot of chances. My manager is a professional footballer(Regional) and a continental b licence, my question is since liverpool is a big club does my lower stats affect player and tactical performance??
Thanks a lot!

I have a question about manager style and qualifications and past experience, im currently playing a save as liverpool but my team keeps under performing, conceding late on in games and missing alot of chances. My manager is a professional footballer(Regional) and a continental b licence, my question is since liverpool is a big club does my lower stats affect player and tactical performance??
Thanks a lot!
Yes! Try and get your A Licence as quickly as you can as it does make a difference to your influence in my opinion

So I always put reputation on Automatic... Also the badges. Now I was playing with ST Mirren in the SPL. I was doing a terrible job, was last and not in good form. Celtic boss gets fired after 20 games, I apply for job and get accepted...So why? I am doing a terrible job but still they accept me.. Is the reputation difference between St Mirren (scottish minor) and Celtic (Historical Giant) so small that they have same reputation?