Football Manager 2016 - New features wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think this is in the game already but I think it would be cool if players didn't celebrate against former clubs. Dunno about you but I hate seeing a former player celebrate after scoring against me when I did so much for them :(

Maybe whether or not they celebrate could depend on a number of factors such as:
Their experience at the club i.e. if they left on bad terms
Their level of fondness for the club
Hidden attributes such as professionalism and controversy

My Features Wishlist

1. To be able to start academies with your wages. So if you have enough money you can start your own academy and get players from there
  2. Add your playing history
  3. Maybe choose a player/manager who you get to manage as. For example you might want to be Arsene Wenger and manage as him or maybe you choose Messi and the game quickly simulates to when Messi is maybe 40 and you can start managing as him.
  4. Starting games as youth team/assistant managers and building your way up to glory

Well, few things got to my notes while playing.

* More tactic slots

This is really needed to allow us facing many different formations, like in Seriea A where almost every team have different formation. And by coaching your players few more comes helpful when facing those various formations. At least five slots wood be really nice.

* More places in formation lines

So we can play with 6 players in the midfield or defense. That comes useful when you want to save result or got a red card. But more important, that give us more creative options in tactics making. For example, I want to play 4-4-2 but with 4 central midfielders, not 2 central and 2 wide. that gives space for wing backs to act on the flanks without canceling each other with wide midfielders. Just give us more rile life options for creating tactics. There is no such a restrictions in real life like we have now in FM tactic board.

* More precise player instructions

PI with a few more options but I primarily mean on combining PI and OI so we can instruct, for example, wing backs to close down just wide opposite players and not attacking midfielders or attackers, or central midfielder to close down just one opposite central midfielder and wide midfielder when in possession. This is also restriction in FM which doesn't exist in real life and is very useful.

* Improve AI

One thing is repeated every year, all of us can easily dominate Europe for eternity after few years (and that depending which team we play with). I want to see other clubs making wiser decisions, making squads strongers and more competitive. I want to see other managers more adoptive to opponents tactics when needed, it's not so interesting when we win Premiership with mediocre Swansea, Newcastle or Everton in first season, in third Champions League and then forever delivering every possible title every year. Things like that doesn't happened in real life.

Playing style should be different in each country, for example in Argentina it should be more deffensive minded and aggresive, it´s weird to see Banfield shooting 20 times

One thing I really want is to be able to set a budget and salary for the U18's and reserve/u21 managers through in manager options. So if I give those coaches the freedom to purchase players for their squads respectively they then don't spend stupid money on an 18 year old and spend more on an U18 player than I have for the entire first team.

Realistic Stadiums and better more varied designs when extending etc

Playing style should be different in each country, for example in Argentina it should be more deffensive minded and aggresive, it´s weird to see Banfield shooting 20 times

I tought it is different. Playing in Italy can be pain in the *** because of many teams ultra defensive tactics.

Hey all

I have a question, will they chance the Danish league so there are 14 teams? for 2016/2017, there will be 14 teams,
or do i have to wait to FM2017 :-( it will be so nice if u can fix that :-D

Since it was announced so early, I am pretty sure the new structure will be hardcoded... :)

Not sure if it's already been said but I'd like to see the staff recommendations and advice to be a little more accurate. I have 5 star coaches and *** managers but they tell me jumpsuit during the games "the midfield is being overpowered" when match stats show we are definitely not losing the midfield. Telling me that a player with 16 tackling needs to work on his tackling. **** like this is so annoying.

Also it would be cool if they have some way of making the player cut the ball square for a simple tap in instead of trying a low percentage shot from the byline. Yeah there is an option to look for pass instead of shot but I don't want my players to always look for the pass....Just for those situations where taking the shot is ******* ridiculous when there's players square.

I would like to see player development more closely linked to match performance.

ATM, its too easy to just stockpile wonderkids, give them game time & watch them turn into superstars regardless of their performances.

I think It would encourage a more thoughtful approach if a run of poor performances could have a negative affect on a players development. So instead of just buying a promising youngster, whacking him in the first team & watching him develop you would need to think about whether he is able to consistently perform at the level before giving him a run.

On the other hand, a run of impressive performances could see a players potential sky rocket.

Not sure how it would work on a programming level but think it would make player development a lot less linear & allow for those surprising talents to emerge from out of nowhere.

Anthony Martial is a prime example of how this works IRL. When United bought him, he was a waste of money. A string of good performances & he's a god. BUT If he had been poor, you can almost guarantee he'd be sitting in the reserves, widely criticised, probably sent out on loan or something eventually & sold off to Everton in 2 or 3 years. :p

I am perhaps taking that example to the extreme but hopefully you get what I'm saying...

One question what I must do to make Vaduz can play to Cl??Make them Swiss team?Does it have
any effect to my Regens nationality??

You can try changing their "continental cup nation" to SUI but keep their "based nation" as LIE. The regens should stay (mainly) LIE.

However, I'm not sure that will allow them to qualify for the CL, as this may be hardcoded. So it may be that the only way is to win the EL...

You can try changing their "continental cup nation" to SUI but keep their "based nation" as LIE. The regens should stay (mainly) LIE.

However, I'm not sure that will allow them to qualify for the CL, as this may be hardcoded. So it may be that the only way is to win the EL...

Thanks..!

improve players' iq during the game. it's stupid when there is an attacker on open goal and the one that has the ball instead of passing shoots from a position that is impossible to score. the defending is also awful, the defenders in many cases act like 10 years old children

improve players' iq during the game. it's stupid when there is an attacker on open goal and the one that has the ball instead of passing shoots from a position that is impossible to score. the defending is also awful, the defenders in many cases act like 10 years old children

Keep that to the frustrations thread. This is for sensible suggestions not complaints

Actually ignore that as game is obviously out so therefore wishlist thread is therefore closed-coffee obviously required as I should have noticed. But point stands-post your rage, complaints QQing etc to the rage/frustration thread.

Ta much

Status
Not open for further replies.