Football Manager 2016 - New features wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Academies
Youth is huge part of football that I think is missing from FM.
I want the ability to define a philosophy at the clubs academy to focus on either Technical, mental, physical or balanced.
I want staff options for the academy to help influence the focuses.
I want a value to tell me how well my academy players are doing, to inform me of the potential pedigree of the next intake.

Youth Players
More contact with players I have loaned out. for example
Ability to focus the players training whilst on loan. I still want to mold their attribute changes for the future
Option to recall temporarily for an U21 or U18 game like Spurs regularly do with their youngsters.
Automatic option to recall on injury, or lack of game time, poor performances.
Loans should have a better effect on a youngsters ability.
Tell the player that you have loaned out to learn from player x, who is a teammate at the borrowing team, this would have a similar effect of tutoring.

PA should be dynamic until the age of 21.

Transfers
More Realistic Transfer Fees :- £250m for a player is unrealistic

More Talking during Transfers :- Being able to tell a player your goals as a team, where they will fit in, what
Games they play (I.e Cup games, All the Big games etc), give them reasons to
pick your club over another or when they wouldnt normally come to you. New
stadium as a draw to a club that otherwise wouldnt be looked at, close to end
of career players wanting to play for there boyhood club, no matter the league.
current options of just ill make you captain or a legend inadequate,

Loans :- Clubs with high wages bills or relegated clubs more willing to negotiate loans even for players regarded as having first team commitments providing your willing to pay. now culbs wont even talk to
you.

Want Away Players :- After arguements, Big Club offers, Good season, A.I managers coming under more pressure from your transfer target to let them leave, being able to tell them what contract you may be willing to offer.

Game Play

Match Info :- Scouting Info, Media Questions, Pundit Opinions on why you won or lost a match i.e Alan Shearer
commented that you played to higher line, or the other team were stronger in the tackles,
opportunity to build a picture of why a team that looks good enough on paper may not be winning

More Life Situations :- Talks with Players, Questions from the media as to why your star player was out
drinking hours after a defeat to your rivals, Questions on how you'll deal with it, Player
got sent off for nation and now the media are after that player, question you'll get and
need to talk to the player, Bring more life situations into the game that may effect the
relationship between managers, fans, players and the board, on how you deal with it.
Fans turning on a player,

WISHLIST

Another option for Criticize Training Level talk, add a third option in which we can assertively tell our player that his training level is not good enough, period. Not for the stake of first team, or stake of staying in the club. Because if we have a goal-banging player with 8++ avg rating in last 5 games with bad training level, the most likely case I get when I tell him is that he'll say he has done enough to get first team.

Seriously.

Apologies for the random order of this.....

After playing as myself I like to take on the profile of an ex pro take Carragher for example he is adored at Liverpool but when I create/sign for Liverpool as the manager its just the generic news reports of Carragher has signed for Liverpool. It would be good to actually take over his profile within the game and have his history so the news reports reads for example- Ex player Jamie Carragher takes over as manager at Liverpool FC. He appeared X amount of times and was apart of the 2005 Champions League winning team it would give an added realism to the game. This could also work for people who play themselves within the game as a player then set up a manager with there name and appropriate abilities it would also add to the realism.

Reduce the ridiculous cost of some regen's from really small clubs 50 million for a player in France's second league.

A greater influence/ ability to control academies-
To maybe have your academies structured like the scouting knowledge to have it as a territories basis take the Villa for example they are competing within the midlands against various different clubs such as Stoke, Wolves, West Brom, Birmingham City and many more it shows a percentage of the area that you cover the higher the percentage the greater chance of better quality players coming into your academy. Using money to develop academies within different countries as well trying to poach some of the best talent but this is no guarantee with it.

To have more options to spend money on academies-
Academies in foreign countries
Football camps
Tournaments within the UK
U16 scouts/ U16 coaches
To be able to send senior players to some of these events (agreed in the contract with players X amount of appearances per year.)
To be able to put these ideas to the board and agree the support within your contract.
These ideas could be tied back into my original idea of the territories basis but could also just be done on its own. This idea potentially needs some more developing but has an interesting basis I believe.

Contracts to have a greater amount of clauses within contract & performance bonuses- Man of the match, Team of the week, Average ratings, Goals scored, Assists, Clean sheets, Aggressive players to have contracts available to them such as under a certain amount of yellow/red cards.
Public appearances/ sponsorship appearances for the club to boost the academies, money.
To be able to set a maximum wage structure with the board that you can't go over to help maintain finances IE what Arsenal have in place.
Before you suggest terms in the contract offer there should be an option to see how much money that contract could potentially cost during the season directly affecting your finances.
If a player wants 10,000 p/w but you can only afford 9,000 be able to have a conversation with said player we can't afford to give you 10,000. Could you lower your demands to play for us?
Ability to provide support with housing, moving costs, language courses, supporting an older players badges.
To agree to a fine structure when signing a contract- I run fines for red cards/ missed training as first one warning second one warning then 3rd a weeks wages.

In modern football teams unsettle players via the media but also approaching agents directly about the availability of their clients.
Also for agents to have a direct effect on their client and speak publicly as happened with the Sterling situation and to actually unsettle the player and force a move from the club.

Training greater control over training and actually specific training set ups IE working on ball retention in a circle with 2 players trying to win the ball back, crossing to a player in a box, triangle passing.

Introduction of an analyst to analyse your stats and players performance during a game telling you a player is tired not working at his optimum.

More interaction with the board and having a decision on how the club is run- deciding on sponsorships with potential little bonuses IE if you are tied with a huge car company players will be given cars which increases happiness, a medical company reduction in rehab time, a drink/gambling company a greater amount of money coming into the club, construction company reduction in building costs, travel company reduction in foreign travel/ domestic depending on the size of the company if Emirates it will be international but if its Daves Coaches then it will be only on buses.
Deciding on what you want within your training facilities pitches, gym, rehab, analysis, sports science, media. Potentially being given a budget and deciding how you spend your money do you go for having better pitches and rehab to reduce injury time or do you go for having better analysis and sports to increase performance? Tying it in with the previous idea having a construction company as a sponsor when making your new facility your building work would vastly reduce in cost or tied with a health company your new equipment is reduced for the gym and rehab. This has potential also with stadiums as well but not as much influence as majority of it will be seating.
Investing money into the corporate side as well and actually being able to use your facility for wedding venues, concerts, club tours, job fairs. This should also comparatively increase on the size of the club for example Burton Albion use there stadium for job fairs and have various balls and parties at the Stadium but Old Trafford occasionally have concerts, club tours & a huge corporate side. I don't potentially think you should be able to have control over this but you should see the revenue increase in the finances depending on the conversations you have had with the board.
Performance bonuses in your own contract for achieving so many points in a season/ wins.
Ability to set long term plans in the interview or contract renewals regarding previous points about the academy/ facilities.

The ability to actually develop through a club as an U18's coach to manager and all the way up.

Introducing womens football into the game I PERSONALLY THINK THIS IS HUGE!

I personally don't bother with press conferences as they are dire but this needs revamping.

ME to be more intelligent with their signings seen players resigned for clubs for ridiculous amounts of money and it just doesn't seem right.

To have the ability to have a mini tactic you can switch to within your tactic you have currently to swap player roles to park the bus in the last 10 minutes of a game.

More in depth conversations with players and staff.

I think that will do for the time being. Any discussions/ input would be appreciated on my suggestions

Reduce the ridiculous cost of some regen's from really small clubs 50 million for a player in France's second league.

I might be in the minority here, but I actually like this. It's so easy to find a 17 year old who's virtually a nailed-on world beater in this game, so much easier than irl, and I think the higher price is a way of restoring some kind of balance. There's no certainties in real life, so I think it's good that you have to pay more for the virtual certainties in the game.

Interchange, dynamic tactics

I would like to see dynamic tactic options in the game. Setting up a tactic and having the team play that formation 90 minutes is almost dead in the real life football. Players should have the option to start the game in 4-2-4 formation and should be able to go back to 4-4-2 formation in game when some things are triggered. like for example, when your team is attacking your side wingers can go and act like they are inside forwards on the sides but then when the ball is lost or when in need of defending they should also be able to act like side wingers. Or if I have an advanced mid player I should be able to play him behind the attackers when attacking and put him in the midfield when defending that way I wont have to sacrifice my midfield in order to have that play making position. That would open up way more customization in tactics window and give more freedom to players.

Be able to see the history of a players attributes. I have always wondered where my youngsters are improving as I always lose track. The game saves the attributes at a certain date each year (e.g 1st July) and then you can go back a few years down and see where they developed basically

Manager reputation and Board interaction

This is something a was thinking recently. When you turn a Championship team to a world class force the players power inside the club doesnt grow big enough. For excample the wage budget of the players has risen hugely but you the manager still make peanuts. Some people dont care about the wage but it's ridiculous that I have to ask for new contract instead of just saying pay what I'm worth or I walk. I managed Derby for 5 seasons, winning the CL 3 times in a a row and PL two times, also some smaller Cups. I still made 15,000 /w and then when my contract negotiations had gone nowhere I decided to **** the board off by leaking something to the press and they sacked me. Mourinho replaced me and he now makes 115,000 /w! How is it fair that the pay gap is that big when I had been hugely successful. The gap is way too big even if Mourinho is more experienced. Also the second thing, there has to be more press speculation and fan anger when I popular and successful manager is sacked for no good reason. ;) Especially if the team starts to decline!

Managers

In the game as a manger we earn a wage but can not do anything in the game with it. I have been a manager at real Madrid for 8 years now and earned well over £70 million in wages but can not do any thing with it maybe you could retire from from the team and invest the money into a smaller club in the lower leagues in any country within the game i know (Vincent kompany) has with a team in Belgium i know this could be a different game all together but you could become club chairman, hire/fire manager, in control of club finances, keeping the club afloat with the prospect of trying to get them through the leagues maybe to the top of the world

Another thing i would like to see is more realistic transfers i remember trying to sign edison cavani from PSG in the end paid £104 million for him dont know why but did and memphis depay for £68 million this is not realistic figures so could do with sorting out

Press conferences need to be sorted as have been the same for a few years now as well as team talks same team talks game in game out and i think sometimes when trying to give players a boost when drawing in the game can be be difficult with the same talks

Add difficulty level for beginners and more experienced players

Fm15 is by far the easiest of all fm's. So easy in fact that I no longer wish to play as believe it or not winning all the time gets really really boring. My fav team man united are so overrated it's unbelievable. So upon start up of new game we should choose what the difficulty we want the computer to be. Experienced would obviously be the hardest and managers in the premier league would obviously have some clue about making life difficult for me which in turn would make the game a lot more interesting

Instead of adding the manager yourself, you can actually takeover a current manager with all their stats, awards, etc - would be pretty awesome to actually be the exact manager of your favourite team.

Transfers are waaaaaaaaay to easy in this years FM, the fact i was able to buy Messi for 35 million (albiet with 500k wage demands) in 2017 with Liverpool is extremely unrealistic, needs to be tweaked so each team doesn't end up with overpowered teams.

Make the press conferences less repetitive and actually mean something.

Apart from them, there is only little minor things that bug me, players should celebrate differently depending on what personality/relationship with manager/relationship with club etc - Example would be, if someone had a very 'arrogant' personality, make it so they reflect that on the pitch/through commentary, or if they have a strong relationship with the manager (IE, getting a 16 year old to become the worlds best striker) they should come over and high five or something, kissing the badge on their shirt if they love the club, think this would add a much more realistic feel and make you feel a lot more connected to your players.

Agree with youth team coach, that would be an interesting prospect, but a difficult one to add as then you're not a MANAGER, you're a coach so it basiclly removes all aspects of the game apart from miniscule man management and tactics.

All you have proposed is make regens younger? Great(sarcasm), pointless idea. Plus the attribute system isn't designed to match the level that a 12 year old would be at (like the same reason once you get past certain lower leagues it becomes pointless because all the players are the same abiliy due to there being only so bad they can be.)

It would be good to start your career as a coach though, you're basically honing your skills and you're essentially 'managing' a squad although it's smaller and younger. So it would be good to start off as say a 25-year old who had to retire through injury and being in charge of the Under-18s or Under-21s.

I would welcome more variation in youth squads and being able to select staff that are good at developing Under-10's, 11s, 12s, 14-16s etc. this would be good because you can develop players regardless of whether they're all the same at the same age because after a year or so, standout players will always rise to the top of the pile.

....was the motion capture an april fools joke then?

I'll probably get some stick for this one and yes, I'm aware of all the downsides, but there's something pretty awesome about taking your local village team to the dizzying heights of the Conference South (and beyond, of course!) Now I know, I know... Having teams/divisions/etc below a certain Tier is pointless from a competitive perspective because as has been pointed out on many occasions there's only so bad that teams can be. However I do believe the option should be there.

I'd like to see the entire English pyramid in the game, all 24 levels. I don't actually care if teams that low have 'real,' players and apart from anything else, that'd be a whole lotta' work considering how many teams that would be, but I do think the teams and leagues should be there. Y'know? I'd like to manage in the Notts Senior League or the Mid-Sussex Championship, for example.

There's a pretty awesome DB created for FM15 (can't remember the guy's name) that went all the way down to Level 24 but after a point it only included the Sussex based teams. Seriously, the DB was a lot of fun to play and I know how much work the guy put into it, but it would've been far, far better had it been a totally complete database.

That's what I'd like to see SI do, probably not for FM16 but for future releases it would be massively, massively cool to have that option!

That won't ever happen.

1 - Research would be a massive task

2 - You cannot replicate how the leagues work there. Players miss games because of a wedding or because they bought a new puppy. There's no training and very little scouting, so finding players will also be non-existent basically.

3 - The ME will not be able to simulate how football anywhere near that low down is played. It was written to simulate the more professional side of the game, so for that reason we're not likely to see lower than the existing English leagues.

2 - You cannot replicate how the leagues work there. Players miss games because of a wedding or because they bought a new puppy. There's no training and very little scouting, so finding players will also be non-existent basically.

Who misses football for a wedding?

Who misses football for a wedding?
Men who have wives and hoping to still sleep next to them that night. Thanks for missing the point though. ;)

Swap it for funerals. Or work. Or anything else real life can throw at you.

But all that is true for many of the smaller nations already in the game. There are certainly still clubs in the 3rd tier of Danish football that are 100% amateurs. And what about Queens Park in Scotland?

While I do agree that it won't happen, I think the main reason is because SI just can't be bothered. Research - well, it's just a matter of delegating the job onto enough people. I think at least adding the three regional leagues (tiers 7+8) should be doable. After all, tier 7 is already in the DB and just needs to be activated in the editor...

Status
Not open for further replies.