Football Manager 2016 - New features wishlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice if you could give eavh player an individual trainingprogram for when they go on Holiday :)

Multiple human save games.

The most annoying aspect of a saved game with your mates is they can go on your club page and look at your transfer bids. in reality they should only have access to the newspaper rumours or agents offering hints for a fee.

it would make it more fun if your mate gets a tipoff about your next signing from an agent or friend in the game only to find when he jumps in to bid he realises you bid somewhere else thus wasting his transfer pot.

Not a new feature as such, but the variety of good regens needs addressing. Every save is the same, all of the good regens are from the same old nations (France, Germany, Brazil etc). I appreciate in real life these countries do produce a lot of good players, but in my save i am in 2033 and there has been 1 good African regen (Egypt), 1 half decent Asian (South Korean) and nothing from Australia at all.

Say I sell a player as he wants to join a club like PSG or Madrid or Barcelona. I don't want to sell him but he is determined to go. Inevitably I get moaned at by other players for letting him go, even when I have no choice. I'd like an option to tell them that I had no choice, he wanted to leave and there was nothing I could do to stop them.

At the moment, if I sell certain players as they don't want to stay, the dressing room gets angry at me. What was I supposed to do, lock him in a cupboard until his contract ran out?

Having read through a lot of the posts, there's a few who want to do something with the in game money 'earnt' and I don't know if anyone else is like myself and eventually enough, I get bored of my current manager so I kill them off and start afresh in the current year with a newbie. I don't know if there could be something SI implement as extra option that when you retire, you can either have it so the manager retires completely, dead to the world can't be contacted (like currently) or add another option where the manager can retire BUT stay in the game and use his earnings to buy a club and become a chairman as it leads to more possible take overs of smaller clubs. Just an idea - probably a stupid one - as we do see/hear about former footballers/managers taking over clubs.

Not sure if somebody already tossed it up. By I would like to see the option to take over a manager. So instead of creating your own and kicking out the current manager. The option to take over as that manager and play as him and to try and develop. E.g. Im a feyenoord fan and right now Giovanni van Bronckhorst is the new manager. Being a retired player with over 106 caps for the dutch national team and almost a living legend for Feyenoord.

It would be awsome to play as him as the manager of Feyenoord instead of needing to kick him out to manage as my favourite team :(. I want to play AS HIM AS MANAGER OF FEYENOORD :D

When your looking at released players etc being able to scroll through them with the up and down arrows like when you can scroll through your team. Clicking on the player then having to go back to click on the next takes ages. especially when players are released at the end of the season. Being able to do the same on the transfer listed and loan listed players etc

How about this for an idea (although it may already be possible and I'm just unable to work out how to do it) but like with the MLS in FM15, Chivas USA fold at the end of the '14 season and NYCFC & Orlando are added to the MLS. The option to use the editor to add future teams to leagues where there isn't any promotion/relegation - MLS/A-League. I'd like the option to be able to expand the A-League over a number of years in-game. For example there's been talk of adding another NZ based team to the league, as well as a team from Tasmania amongst others... Am I alone in wanting to be able to do this?

And speaking of USA and Australia, the lower leagues - NASL/State leagues etc - it'd be pretty cool if they were playable rather than them having to be created/activated via the editor. When creating them you can never get the rules quite right!

I would love to see these jobs introduced:
  • Club Youth Manager
  • Director of Football
Also the ingame editor needs a few tweaks

Say I sell a player as he wants to join a club like PSG or Madrid or Barcelona. I don't want to sell him but he is determined to go. Inevitably I get moaned at by other players for letting him go, even when I have no choice. I'd like an option to tell them that I had no choice, he wanted to leave and there was nothing I could do to stop them.

At the moment, if I sell certain players as they don't want to stay, the dressing room gets angry at me. What was I supposed to do, lock him in a cupboard until his contract ran out?
That's how I do management, they eventually sign a new deal when you meet board targets.

I would love to see these jobs introduced:
  • Club Youth Manager
  • Director of Football
Also the ingame editor needs a few tweaks

Having read through a lot of the posts, there's a few who want to do something with the in game money 'earnt' and I don't know if anyone else is like myself and eventually enough, I get bored of my current manager so I kill them off and start afresh in the current year with a newbie. I don't know if there could be something SI implement as extra option that when you retire, you can either have it so the manager retires completely, dead to the world can't be contacted (like currently) or add another option where the manager can retire BUT stay in the game and use his earnings to buy a club and become a chairman as it leads to more possible take overs of smaller clubs. Just an idea - probably a stupid one - as we do see/hear about former footballers/managers taking over clubs.

I get the idea that a lot of people want to manage youth teams but why jobs like director of football and chairman. That would be crazy boring unless it was developed as much as the managerial game is now which will never happen and a totally different game.

Academies
Youth is huge part of football that I think is missing from FM.
I want the ability to define a philosophy at the clubs academy to focus on either Technical, mental, physical or balanced.
I want staff options for the academy to help influence the focuses.
I want a value to tell me how well my academy players are doing, to inform me of the potential pedigree of the next intake.

Youth Players
More contact with players I have loaned out. for example
Ability to focus the players training whilst on loan. I still want to mold their attribute changes for the future
Option to recall temporarily for an U21 or U18 game like Spurs regularly do with their youngsters.
Automatic option to recall on injury, or lack of game time, poor performances.
Loans should have a better effect on a youngsters ability.
Tell the player that you have loaned out to learn from player x, who is a teammate at the borrowing team, this would have a similar effect of tutoring.

PA should be dynamic until the age of 21.

Those players in the academy don't exist until the intake though and there is a value that tells you about your potential intake. Its under Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.

I'm pretty sure you do get an option of recalling a player if he is injured too but I doubt you could do something close to tutoring with a player from another club unless that club was an affiliate or something, I get what you mean but managers from other clubs just wouldnt consider it, they would rather a squad member mentored a player they own. I dont think it would be realistic. Also the same thing goes for being able to focus a players training while he is on loan away from you're club and that loans should have a better effect on player. Loaning is a risk, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it works great, that's why you need to look hard at the team you are sending a potential star player to.

Last edited:

I get the idea that a lot of people want to manage youth teams but why jobs like director of football and chairman. That would be crazy boring unless it was developed as much as the managerial game is now which will never happen and a totally different game.

Those players in the academy don't exist until the intake though and there is a value that tells you about your potential intake. Its under Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment.

I'm pretty sure you do get an option of recalling a player if he is injured too but I doubt you could do something close to tutoring with a player from another club unless that club was an affiliate or something, I get what you mean but managers from other clubs just wouldnt consider it, they would rather a squad member mentored a player they own. I dont think it would be realistic. Also the same thing goes for being able to focus a players training while he is on loan away from you're club and that loans should have a better effect on player. Loaning is a risk, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it works great, that's why you need to look hard at the team you are sending a potential star player to.

Sorry I probably wasn't clear on what I meant, I didn't mean as to retire the manager and you carry on as chairman, I meant like when a player retires and become coaching staff, you release all 'control' of the manager as such and he continues as a CPU player trying to take over a club etc, not for yourself to become a playing chairman.

There's a few things I'd love to see;

More in depth youth system - Younger age groups - Ability to manage u18s/21s

Press conference need to have a lot more to them, far too boring

More player and staff interaction - personal problems etc

Training needs to be overhauled - work on more specific aspects

More tactics - Game management

More realistic managerial movements - Pretty sure Roberto Martinez would never manage a conference north team!

Team to player rivalries/dislikes - ie Sterling with Liverpool, Delph with Villa, booing specific players in the game would be brilliant.

Personal sponsorship deals for players

A bit more differences for games on TV and evening games, especially Champions League - every games looks the same and I want to be able to feel the atmosphere in a big match.

More build up for big tournaments, especially the World Cup

Flexible prize money

Language barriers being more important

Academies abroad would be great

Kit colour changes

I know it would be difficult to do without making the game too FIFA manager like, but being able to do something with your money, invest it or something I don't know

More agent interaction

Legends kids coming through, big media expectation

Last edited:
The obvious one for me is the ability to split a ' with the ball' and a 'without the ball' tactic in the ME. If we cannot have this I want the option between man marking and zonal marking back but zonal marking should then mean ¨defend the passing lane¨ instead of the ¨actually guarding a specific zone for an opposition player to pass through¨ it does now.

This could be the way to create more efficient pressing as you could man mark and mark the passing lanes at the same time.

The other one for me is that I want to be able to tell my scouts to go find me a half-back for example instead of having to select attributes they are already highlighting and then tell them to find a DM.

make it harder to create chances and shooting opportunities, bored of seeing 30+ shots a game

change how much influence goalies have, especially save ratio, in my current season i have effectively faced a de gea, courtois or joe hart every game of the season in their save ratio %

during match, able to tell the players what part they perform badly to make them improve on the part. Like if a player keep making mispasses, you can tell him that his passing needs to improve

I think they could do a lot more with the communication in the game. Being able to communicate with other managers, players of other teams, staff member and referees. Also being able to do more n terms of setting verbal (virtually verbal) training commands for players etc.

fmc

should make it for fm16 so you can use custom databases in the classic mode instead on having to use the normal mode

make it harder to create chances and shooting opportunities, bored of seeing 30+ shots a game

AMEN! Defense is the word! No matter what level you play the defenders intelligence is so much lower than the attackers. The game simulated in FM resembles more hockey than football. Except in hockey they tackle but in FM the defenders defend like in basketball. Especially the wing-backs wait to the last minute to tackle and then cause a corner rather than tackle the ball out the sideline. And don't get me started when two players go for the attacking player with the ball and neither one does nothing but stand/block.

FM is simulating some sort of idealised version of football. Simply put... the matches need to be much more boring! ;)

I'm for improvement in match engine. It have to be much more realistic because after all that's a most important in football and what we can see now often doesn't have sense at all, that's silly.

One more very important thing is more options in tactic creator. I miss more precise player instructions.

And for transfers let's say it would be good to see realistic value for players. If for example Veratti worth 80 mil why we see 40 mil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.