Reaction score
Euro 2016 is over and season 2016-17 is on the way. Transfer window light is green until 31.8.
What changes are you expecting from your beloved club, and could you do any better ?

Much time was spent creating this update and ANY donation would be welcomed. It can also get you pre-released edition which will be updated every day, but released on FM-Base every 15 days.

Editing since FM 06, only for friends and myself. It was about time to release it online and let everyone enjoy as much as we are . Inspired by LFCMarshall.

Donations could be done over Skrill, feel free to contact me for more information through message or on email ; [email protected]

Enjoy summer with FM.

117,227 changes on date 3/9

There are couple of unofficial transfers and some of them are 90% sure, based on media info from sources like Bild, L'Equipe,Marca, Gazzetta, Mundo Deportivo,etc etc
Of course, if they are not complete until next update, they WILL be removed and returned back to old clubs.

There are changes on every level and if there is some mistake, which I doubt... Feel free to name it and it shall be corrected until next update.
One thing to mention, there is no way to change how many teams one country has in Champions League. In 2015-16 Austria had Salzburg and Rapid Wien, this year they have only Salzburg and Romania gained their place so now Astra and Steaua are in CL and I had to choose between two of those. Champions were in advantage of course, which means Rapid Wien stayed in CL and Steaua was sent in EL.

Promotions and relegations are also included in 90% leagues.
Current ability, potential ability, ( those two include staff also ) loans, transfers, clubs finances, stadiums, owners and many more changes are included.

It's easier to name the things I haven't changed. Agents, club history, player history, player relationships,club captains, and non-important stuff like that.
I know it would've been nice to change everything, but there was no time for that kind of struggle. So I based my work mostly on gameplay. To make things more interesting on and off field, not on irrelevant information.

I truly hope my honesty didn't lower your interest. Not to sound arrogant, but I'm in football my whole life and there isn't one thing I don't know about it. Recently I've planned to sign up to football academy to train as football coach, and that will go easier for me because I played on semi-professional level couple of years ago. Currently it's amateur after bad injury, but still aiming high and hoping to progress to professional. This wasn't intended as biography, but to prove that I know what I'm doing and if someone doesn't like my work. Please, try it and we'll talk about it. In football world, you must always be open-minded because you can learn something new from anyone and adapt their thinking to yours if it clicks right.
So, there it is... my short story and I wish you all the best and try not to spent too much money with Monhtly installments if you're trying to create great club with even greater future.
Yours truly, Ivan.

DOWNLOAD 3/9/2016

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l...date_1B83867C-1A7C-441C-9F7F-335E60559CD0.fmf

Last edited:
Great work on the update. Forgive the silly question but how do i use the link to update my FM2016. i cant work out how to update my game. I play via steam
Any help would be appreciated.

Extract to your C:/User/Your_username/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2016/editor data.

Then, when you begin a new career, in the pop up window choose custom to pick it.

Hi mate, thanks for the update.

I noticed something strange... the staff in the game are maybe too good? Many of them have lots of 20's in their attributes like Determination, Motivation, etc... even the staff that are low-average in the original FM database have really high stats..

amazing!!! you edit even my beloved lithuanian team Zalgiris :) fantastic Job! keep on going!

Yeah, when you mention about staff. I forgot to change that. My brother edited some staff couple of months ago because he felt like some of them were unappreciated and he overdid it. Totally slipped my mind and will change it in next update. Thanks for reminding me :)

You're welcome guys, but obviously there's still lot of work to be done here .

Last edited:
I might be doing something wrong but whenever I go to start a new game it says that some of the leagues have either too many teams or too few teams... After I get past choosing what leagues I want the game crashes. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? :/

Are you tryin to load just this one exact update? Or maybe you mixed it with any other data update? Couse this exact one file is working fine even with extra added leagues

No just this update! I even downloaded it twice and added it to the "editor data" folder, but whenever I go to start a new game it crashes after I choose what leagues I want... I don't know what I did wrong, do I need to install it somewhere else aswell?

Very strange! What i recommend is to delete everything from editor and even the editor and install it again and this file to data editor folder.ive just checked it again and it works for me...

By the way, Goran... in my opinion you put way too much money in TOP TEAMS! Like Juventus having 280 MIL to spend??? Arsenal 350 MIL? no way... i think all teams budgetd should be degraded atleats for 100 MIL!

Very strange! What i recommend is to delete everything from editor and even the editor and install it again and this file to data editor folder.ive just checked it again and it works for me...
Yeah, it's weird because I have installed another transfer update (the one by pr0) and that one works fine but this one seems more complete but I just can't get it to work... :/

Yeah but mate there is no "magic" like the same file is working for ones and not working for others... the problem solution is to be inside your pc... maybe you edit something before? Or these kind of problems happens when you load 2 dofferent databases so they mixed up... go to the editor, load the update database and pres the "test the rules" button it will show where is the problem then you can fix it manualy or wait til 27 day when the new update will be realesed

Your version is 16.3 or 16.2 ? I have no problems at all with 16.3 version.

Juventus is 80 mil, Arsenal is 150. On top is Real Madrid with 160, but with new update on 27th. Real's finance is degraded to 98 due to new information about Pogba deal. They lack 10 mil pounds and have to sell James if they want Juve's player. Same goes for Juve, they are degraded ... I forgot to do that after they bought Pjanić. I set Juve's finance to 50 mil before transfers and changed that after they sold Alvaro Morata. Same thing was with Real, because of Morata... they don't have sufficient funds for Paul Pogba.

And again, sorry about mistakes ... It's natural to make mistakes after so many changes, so I hope to hear more from you guys. I wish to fix them and made it perfect. As it was during the season for me :)

I've just made some changes with finance, will do more later. Thanks again for suggestions :) Hope to hear more of them.