ewanmac77

Reaction score
images

In what has been greeted with a feeling of surprise in the city of Nottingham, Forest have swooped for 34 year old Scottish manager Ewan MacGregor. MacGregor, available following a short and disastrous spell as manager of AFC Wimbledon, is said to be relishing the challenge.

" Forest are a huge club and their history speaks for itself. Have Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City won 2 European Cups ?"

"Nigel (Doughty) and I had a lengthy discussion about the club and where we see Forest going and I am delighted that he has trusted me with this position"

" We have a fantastic squad here and an excellent backroom team although I feel we need to improve our youth set-up and I feel that will reap the benefits, in much the same way teams like Rangers and Ajax have in recent years"

images
MACGREGOR WANTS VERRATTI !!

In what may seem an audacious and unrealistic bid, new Nottingham Forest manager Ewan MacGregor has made a bid of around £2.5M for teenage Pescara midfielder Marco Verratti. Whether or not Pescara would be prepared to lose such a promising talent remains to be seen.

Flying Fin set for Forest ?

A source within the City ground has revealed that MacGregor is keeping tabs on TPS winger Mika Aaritalo as he looks to strengthen his squad for an assault on the Championship title this season.

View attachment 225596

"Mika is a player who certainly ticks all the boxes for me. Fast and direct, I feel he is someone who could also chip in with a few goals this season too". It's a wee bit early to talk about a deal, we have contacted his club and are waiting on word back"

FOREST TEENAGER RELEASED

Ewan MacGregor has today begun swinging the axe at Forest, releasing 18 year old Danny Meadows.

"He's clearly upset but accepts he needs to be playing first team football and that's something I feel I wouldn't be able to offer him at Nottingham Forest and why I have decided to let him go. I'm an honest manager and felt there was no point in stringing the boy along. He is young and I'm sure if he played Blue Square or League 2 for a year or 2, there is no reason why he couldn't step up to a higher level. I wish wee Danny all the best and he knows there are no hard feelings".

View attachment 225597

DERBYSHIRE SET FOR EXIT FROM FOREST !!

Speaking to assembled journalists outside the City Ground today, Matt Derbyshire has spoken of the bust up he has had with manager Ewan MacGregor. After being placed on the transfer list, Derbyshire demanded clear the air talks with MacGregor and was categorically he is leaving the club. The striker, who has yet to play for the club following a £500k move has enjoyed a successful career which has included spells at Blackburn and Olympiakos although deemed surplus to requirements at the City Ground.
"I'm shocked and bitterly upset at the gaffers decision to transfer list me and have spoken at length with my agent. If Ewan wants me here, I'll give him 110% but if not, I will score goals elsewhere"

When asked about the departure of Derbyshire, MacGregor added: "We have a squad made up of 6 recognised strikers, including Matt. I will probably start the league campaign with 1 up front and unfortunately for Matt, he isn't in my plans. I'm unhappy he has come bleating to the press about this and he may now have blown any chance he may have had of playing for this club"

images
TRANSFER UPDATE

Mika Aaritalo will not be joining Nottingham Forest after TPS have rejected a £500k bid from Forest. It is thought that MacGregor may now look at teenage midfielder Jamie Ness from Rangers on a 12 month loan deal. Ness is held in high esteem by the management team at Ibrox but is not considered part of the first team at present. Given MacGregor's strong friendship with Ally McCoist, it is hoped that a deal can be reached in the next couple of weeks

"Ally and I are good friends and go back a long way. Jamie is certainly a player who has a massive future ahead of him and I see shades of a young Ian Durrant in him and I know Ally wants him exposed to first team football in a competitive league"

View attachment 225600

Looking good. If your looking for a quality CM go with Bressan from BATE Borisov. Will only cost 1m and my Portsmouth scout rated him at 4 1/2 star ability and 5 star potential.

images
PRE-SEASON UPDATE - DEMOLITION JOB ON SORRY RESERVES

In an inevitable victory, Nottingham Forest's first team recorded an easy 4-0 win over their junior counterparts, destroying the reserve squad with plenty of gas left in the tank. A fine brace from striker Robbie Findley sending the first team on course to victory. It was an experimental formation used by MacGregor against the more traditional 4-4-2 of the reserves and it paid dividends as wave after wave of direct attacking play by MacGregor's men dominated proceedings.

However, ever the perfectionist, MacGregor wasn't happy about the final result: "Yes, great result for the first team, but my reserves just did not turn up and the score in a few weeks time may have been double figures. Outwith my first team, there are too many duds at this club and that was more than evident tonight. I'll not mention names but those players know who they are and know the end is seriously nigh on their Forest careers. It was a shambolic, disorganised and amateur performance from a group of lads desperate to impress their way into my first team and they fell at the first fence"

images
"GREEDY" AGENT SCUPPERS VERRATTI DEAL

In an uncharacteristic show of anger, Nottingham Forest manager Ewan MacGregor blew his top at the agent of teenager Marco Verratti who, after agreeing a 4 year contract worth around £3500 per week, was scuppered by an "outrageous" £375k agent fee. "It's a shame, as wee Marco may never get another chance to play in England and seemed impressed by the offer we put on the table for him. All I can say is, "get rid of that money-grabbing leech wee man and make a true name for yourself". I will sign you son, just not while you have that noose around your neck !! "

images
MORE PRE-SEASON ACTION

An impressive 4-0 demolition job of the Reserves was quickly replaced by another 4-0 rout of Scottish minnows Elgin City up in the Highlands. " Big Lewis took his 2 goals well and we are creating a barrowload of chances and not conceding at the back either too, which is certainly pleasing. the boys up front are certainly going to give me selection headaches, thats's for sure !! "

View attachment 225825

images
FOREST HAMMER SCOTTISH MINNOWS ELGIN CITY

View attachment 225826

Another predictable result saw Forest run riot in the Highlands, thrashing Elgin City 4-0. "To see big Garath score 2 goals inside 12 minutes shows me how hungry he is this season, fantastic performance from him"

images
ANOTHER CLEAN SHEET BUT LACK OF GOALS AN ISSUE!

A visit to Northampton saw Marcus Tudgay score the winner after 40 minutes against a feisty Northampton squad who could and perhaps may have deserved a point from this match.

"The lads seemed a wee bit sluggish tonight and I felt we had to work really hard for the goal, although again I am delighted for the back 4 and big Paul Smith in goal as that's another clean sheet "

View attachment 225827

images
FOREST 2 - PRESTON - 0

Another pre-season match, another win, another clean sheet. "Loads of chances on target and 2 well taken goals too. Preston are a good side and tonight we faced a decent team and I'm delighted to get the win"

View attachment 225828

Brilliant story, try byuing adam mathews from cardiff if u want an amazing d l/r. Amazing, love the update style.

images
BIG MATCH BUILD-UP

In the run-up to MacGregor's competitive debut as Forest manager, in a statement released to the BBC, he has proclaimed his great friendship with Peterborough manager Darren Ferguson. Is MacGregor playing mind-games?

View attachment 225906

Asked about new signings, MacGregor was less than forthcoming. "I have spoken to the chairman and we feel that we need to bring the wage budget under control and a few fringe players will need to leave. We're not Man City, although we have won more European Cups ha ha, but we really don't have a vast pool of money and I'm not signing a mediocre player simply to keep the fans happy. You should expect to see some new faces in January"

images
MACGREGOR DEMANDS TRANSFER CASH !

A trusted source within the City Ground has revealed all is not well deep in the corridors of power. MacGregor and assistant manager Jimmy-Floyd Hasselbaink have held heated discussions with Chairman Nigel Doughty over the lack of financial investment into the team. With the opening game of the season just three days away, MacGregor has already lost out on Mike Aaritalo, Marco Verratti and Jamie Ness and has already publically criticised his reserves.

Last edited: