• Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 7K
images
PRE-MATCH PRESS CONFERENCE

View attachment 225917

images
PETERBOROUGH SIGN TUDGAY FOR £250K
images

Marcus Tudgay today signed for Peterborough from Nottingham Forest in a deal said to net MacGregor £250k. Tudgay himself was unavailable for comment but MacGregor said:

"Marcus was a decent servant to the club and understands that we need the cash at the moment. He won't be the first to leave and wee Fergie has signed himself a smashing lad"

Liking the story so far. Ive already said it once but you need Bressan for 1m lol. Harewood for 200k and Lomana LuaLua for free will also help. All depends on your wage budget really. Ive started with Portsmouth and they had more money than i thought. But clearing Ben Haim's 36k of the budget helps (although i have to pay 14k til the end of his contract) which may help me sign these players as they want around £10k wages, Bressan you can get away with paying £5500 maybe less but the likes of Liverpool etc go for him.

images
PETERBOROUGH 1 - 2 NOTTINGHAM FOREST

View attachment 225929View attachment 225930 In a game that really could have gone either way, it was Forest who managed to scrape to victory today with a win over Peterborough that saw new signing Marcus Tudgay make his debut following his £250k transfer from Forest. Peterborough defended solidly in the first half and seemed content to lob the ball up the park 70 yards looking for Tomlin and Tudgay up front whilst Forest look to keep the ball on the deck and played an intricate passing game. Peterborough's goal did look decidedly offside whilst Robbie Findley's fine finich at the other end was ruled out for offside, prompting a tantrum from MacGregor, who had to be warned by the 4th official.

"Delighted we got the 3 points, but I am disappointed with the referee's performance today. A blind man could have seen that big Boydy was a mile offside for their goal and Robbie's goal at the other end not allowed. Come on referee, give yourself a shake son !!. Big Garath was fantastic today and wee Radoslav looked lively when he came on at half time"

Bressan does not play for BATE in my game mate and I don't have £1m to spend. If was going to spend that kind of money, would get Jamie Murphy from motherwell

images
NOTTINGHAM FOREST 4 V 0 CHESTERFIELD (ROUND 1)

It's Miller time down Nottingham way !! A new cult hero is born. Ishmael Miller ran the show from start to end and finished the match with 2 fantastic goals, and even earned a chorus of "Are you Messi in disguise" from the home support.

"Wee Messi, ha ha, I mean Ishmael was phenomenal tonight as were the rest of the lads. Without being disrespectful to Chesterfield, we could and should have doubled that score out there and I'm delighted for the fans who were treated to a real show tonight"

View attachment 226025View attachment 226026

images
DERBY LIE IN WAIT IN 2ND ROUND

A home tie against fellow Championship side Derby stands between Nottingham Forest and the 3rd round and a crack at one of the big guns in the competition. When asked about the tie, MacGregor replied: " We are going to have to play them twice in the league this year anyway so we will simply take this match as it comes and prepare in the right way"

images
LOOVENS EMERGES AS SHOCK TRANSFER TARGET

Ewan MacGregor has today revealed that the club has made a £350k offer for Celtic's transfer listed defender Glenn Loovens. The Dutchman is on the transfer list at Parkhead and is keen to stay but manager Neil Lennon has decided enough is enough. Loovens does have English experience, having played with Cardiff City.

Messi???;) first word i saw, made me think youd bought him.

images
ISHMAEL MILLER 3, CARDIFF CITY, 0

It was billed as a tale of 2 Millers, but it was the Englishman who came out on top here at the City Ground with an astonishing Hat Trick !!!

That's now 5 goals in 2 games for the "Black Lionel Messi", according to the Forest fans. I'm speechless, absolutely speechless. The fans are right, he is our Messi and I love him like a son right now. To tell you the truth, I expected Cardiff to perhaps beat us tonight but that's football and I wont grudge the lads a wee bottle of beer tonight !! "

View attachment 226043View attachment 226042

images
FOREST TO SPEND £1.6M ON YOUTH TRAINING CENTRE UPGRADE

In a constructive meeting with high level board members, chairman Nigel Doughty has sanctioned the long-awaited upgrade of the Academy training facility. Set be completed in October 2012 at a cost of around £1.6m, it is hoped it will provide youth players more of a platform to fulfil their potential and may suggest that the Ajax model may be followed, where players are developed then sold on for huge fees.

It was also suggested that an affiliation with a parent club may be looked into, giving Forest the chance of quality youth players on loan.

"

images
BRIGHTON 3 - 2 NOTTINGHAM FOREST

View attachment 226123View attachment 226124

What a game !! It really was a game of 2 halves today, as Forest raced into a quick 2 goal lead inside half an hour from Ishmael Miller and seemed to be dominating proceedings. In a remarkable change of heart, Matt Derbyshire seems to have settled his differences with MacGregor and played the last 20 minutes, replacing man of the match Miller. Brighton looked hungrier after the break and the equaliser then the winner so near the end of the match will be a bitter pill to swallow for MacGregor:

"I'm far from happy !! We stormed into a 2 goal lead and I told the lads at half time just to keep their composure but they became far too complacent and let Brighton back in. They were fantastic in the second half it has to be said" "I know you are going to ask me about Matt Derbyshire and all I can tell you is we had a game of golf and a chat and he will remain at the club. What was said will remain between us ! "

images
FOREST 4 - 2 DONCASTER ROVERS

It was back to winning ways for Forest as they destroyed a feisty Doncaster squad here at the City Ground.

View attachment 226131View attachment 226132 View attachment 226133

"Given that I've not been able to strengthen the squad due to financial difficulties, to have won 3 out of 4 league games and to be sitting 2nd in the table shows the tremendous character my squad has" "Delighted to have got the win but we have still to play the big teams in the league and I don't want complacency setting in"

images
MACGREGOR SIGNS SPANISH FULL-BACK LLORENTE
View attachment 226185 In a sudden and surprising swoop, Ewan MacGregor has signed 25 year old Spaniard Raul Llorente from Xerex. Virtually unknown, Forest fans are keen to see their new man in action: "The scouting team alerted me to his availability and we have needed cover both at left back and left mid for a wee while. His stats look good and from speaking to him, I like his attitude and feel he will fit in well here"

images
DERBY DESTROYED IN 2ND ROUND!!

View attachment 226410View attachment 226411 In a very one-sided result at the City Ground tonight, an impressive performance from Nottingham Forest saw them hammer local rivals Derby 3-0 with a stunning hat trick from Ishmael Miller, who at the moment seems to be scoring for fun ! "I'm running out of superlatives for Ishmael, I really am !! He has now collected 4 man of the match awards in the last 6 games and i just hope I can keep him, as at this rate I see a few big guns keeping tabs on him "

Back